[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Evolution vs. Exclusive Z-Moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

As we know, starting with XY, Game Freak has created new gimmicks in battle that improves certain Pokémon, but despite a Pokémon getting Mega Evolution/Exclusive Z-Move it is not enough for it. So this makes a very important question: Mega Evolution or Exclusive Z-Move? Let's see how both improved the lucky Pokémon that got one:

Mega Evolutions. Of all the 48 Mega Evolutions added, only 6 failed to improve the original Pokémon: Steelix, Banette, Glalie, Latios, Garchomp, and Audino.

Exclusive Z-Moves. We know that Z-Moves can be used by every Pokémon, but there are also Exclusive Z-Moves, which are stronger and better Z-Moves with some having added effects. Of all the 11 Pokémon with exclusive Z-Moves, 7 failed to make any notable change for the lucky ones: Pikachu, Cap Pikachu, Alolan Raichu, Snorlax, Incineroar, Primarina, and the Tapus. (Kommo-o's Clangorous Soulblaze does not count because USM is not released yet)

Do you think that the Exclusive Z-Move that will be introduced in USM will make notable changes over the ones introduced in SM? Do you think that exclusive Z-Moves were a cheap copy of Mega Evolution and that they were a mistake?
>>
>>33351730
>Of all the 48 Mega Evolutions added, only 6 failed to improve the original Pokémon
But mega steelix, banette, glalie, and audino are overall improvements to the originals.
Only garchomp and latios actually get worse.
>>
>>33351730
Z Moves should be retconned in gen 8. I want megas back, at least they were creative instead of dumb DBZ shit
>>
>>33351730
Primarina is currently the #24 most used Pokemon on Battle Spot with 64% of them holding Primarium Z and the most used item on A-Raichu for VGC is the Aloraichium Z
>>
>>33351730
>Do you think that the Exclusive Z-Move that will be introduced in USM will make notable changes over the ones introduced in SM?
probably seeing the way they did Kommo-o Z move, then again, exclusive Z moves are only there to add flavor to the pokemon

>Do you think that exclusive Z-Moves were a cheap copy of Mega Evolution and that they were a mistake?
No, if anything mega evolutions were a mistake, they put certain pokemon that didn't need the extra attention in a pedestal while everyone else gets told to fuck off, Z moves can be used by anyone and thus are move fun.
>>
>>33351745
>>33351774
OK, so that left 2 Mega Evolutions (Latios and Garchomp) and 5 Exclusive Z-Moves (Pikachu, Cap Pikachu, Snorlax, Incineroar, and Tapus) being shit. How would you improve those Mega Evolutions and Exclusive Z-Moves without making them broken?
>>
>>33351823
Latios and Garchomp shouldn't have gotten a Mega evolution period.
Incineroar's Z move is somewhat used in VGC and good in-game, the remaining ones just add flavor or fun strategies to the Pokemon and they don't really need to be improved.
>>
>>33351807
Only think that I want to say is that Mega Evolution made otherwise shitmons more viable unlike Z-Moves, but I'm with you in that they should never gave Megas to Legendaries and Pseudo Legendaries, but in USM they seem to return to that way with Kommo-o, Solgaleo and Lunala.
>>
>>33351853
Honestly, I don't mind pseudos and legends getting Megas, unless they're awful and sucky. I don't see why only shitmons should get a cool, hyped feature. Shitmons should get the most, but I don't want my favorite Pokeon cucked out of a mega because it doesn't shit the bed every fight.

Plus I'm wary about them touching shitmons, since they could cuck Pokemon out of a proper evolution and give them a subpar mega, like Audino and Bannette.
>>
>>33351879
I want more interesting megas

Mega-Arceus
Mega-Lanturn
Mega-Flygon
Mega-Aegislash
Mega-Octillery
Mega-Noctowl
Mega-Regigigas
>>
>>33351906
>Mega-Regigigas
With the only difference being his ability changing to Quick Start.
>>
>>33352006
Imagine that fucker in his prime moving continents. Thats what I wanna see
>>
>>33351751
> Pokemon going super saiyan
> not dbz

lol
>>
>>33352010
That was one of the wasted things in ORAS, they could make a Primal Reversion for the Gigas and turn a piece of shit on something really worthwhile and considering its a reversion to his full power of the old times it wouyld make sense plot-wise.
>>
I hated the idea of mega evolution at first, but I've grown to love it. However, it was poorly distributed. Charizard and Mewtwo get fucking two? Why would someone as broken as Mewtwo even get one to begin with? Mew should've got one, to be honest. And why Latios and Latias? Beedrill was a step in the right direction. Garchomp was not.
As for Z-moves, they're great because, like others have said, anyone can use them. But I think I prefer huge transformations with boosted stats over a single nuke. Z-moves are basically explosion without the suicide.
>>
>>33353344
Because its advertisment, mewtwo and charizard are big names so it attracts attention to the idea
>>
File: shitty headcannon.png (366KB, 537x637px) Image search: [Google]
shitty headcannon.png
366KB, 537x637px
>>33352043
The only ones that go super saiyan are the only two electric megas
>>
>>33352043
Z Moves are gabage
>>
>>33353344
>And why Latios and Latias?
Probably so they would only have to make one model for Soaring.
>>
Type-based Z-moves > Megas >>> shit >>> exclusive Z-moves
>>
>>33353748
Anon your autism is showing

Megas>Status Z>RegularZ>ExclusiveZ
>>
File: 1404907533339.png (217KB, 447x407px) Image search: [Google]
1404907533339.png
217KB, 447x407px
>>33353760
>slightly different opinions are autism
>>
>>33353436
I want a Mega Primeape that becomes Fighting/Electric similar to the regional variant picture.

But most of all I want a Mega Galvantula. All the fan versions I've seen are awful.
>>
File: 1503287085016.png (371KB, 863x661px) Image search: [Google]
1503287085016.png
371KB, 863x661px
>>33353781
Yes how new are you
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.