[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balancing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_ls3wylGhwc1qeh39oo7_400.jpg (315KB, 350x469px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ls3wylGhwc1qeh39oo7_400.jpg
315KB, 350x469px
Guys

How do we make every Pokemon OU
>>
>>33350781
"And when everyone's OU...WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
...No one will be."
>>
You're a fucking low iq Quasimodo if you think that's how tiers work.
>>
>>33350800
Fuck off Smogon drone. Every Pokemon has potential to be great.
>>
By retconning 90% of Pokemon out of existence and rebalancing the remaining 10%.
>>
>>33350781
Every Pokémon is a copy of OU ones.
>>
>>33350859
By ending Pokémon, so competitive players won't use Pokémon as tools anymore.
>>
File: 1503255266768.png (94KB, 249x253px) Image search: [Google]
1503255266768.png
94KB, 249x253px
>>33350781
>Make every Pokémon the same
>Pokémon designs that attracts the most autists become OU
>Buff less-appealingly designed Pokémon any bit
>They become OU instead

>Remove 800 of the Pokémon
>One of the remaining two is used more than the other
>It becomes OU

>Perfectly balance every Pokémon AND redesign each one to be equally appealing
>Tiers no longer need to exist, so there is no OU

You can't win, anon.
>>
File: 1427840201349.jpg (106KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
1427840201349.jpg
106KB, 500x689px
>>33350781
Easy. If the tiers are based on usage, and every Pokemon just so happened to have the exact same usage rates, then they would all by the same tier, and each would be just as overused as any other.
We don't need to change anything to do with the Pokemon, just for everyone to magically start using extremely specific Pokemon always.
>>
>>33350857
Even if they're great that doesn't make them ou because that isn't how tiers work
Example ditto in NU but is viable up until ubers.
>>
>>33351066
>While all non-Uber Pokémon can be used in OU, only those Pokémon that make up at least ~3.41% of total weighted usage in the tier are designated 'OU.' A Pokémon is truly 'OU' if a typical competitive player is more than 50% likely to encounter that Pokemon at least once in a given day of playing (20 battles).
Wouldn't your idea leave all pokemon with less than 3.41 usage? I'm no mathfag so I'm not sure.
>>
>>33351103
>Wouldn't your idea leave all pokemon with less than 3.41 usage?
Correct. If every Pokémon was used equally, they would all have less than an eighth of a percent of the total usage. However, they'd likely redefine the tier system if there were too little Pokémon with over 3.41% usage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.