[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the best physical Water move only 90 BP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1450.png (619KB, 821x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1450.png
619KB, 821x950px
Why is the best physical Water move only 90 BP?
>>
Because Water is oriented closer to the defense and special attack side
>>
>>33350505
You could say that Fighting is oriented massively towards Attack and yet Focus Blast exists
>>
>>33350503
I still don't know why there isn't a Double Edge/Overheat variant of water.

My ocd demands there be perfect symmetry between Grass/Fire/Water.
>>
>>33350509
exists to miss
>>
>>33350503
crab hammer is 100 power

check m8 atheists
>>
>>33350503
Why are the only good physical Electric move given such shitty distribution/exclusive to certain pokemon?
>>
>>33350526
>learned by exactly 4 lines
>one of which is specially-oriented and one of which doesn't even get STAB
>>
>>33350532
if we are counting aqua tail, then crab hammer counts
>>
>>33350538
Fine, why does the best physical Water move with halfway decent distribution only have 80 BP?
>>
>>33350547
Because Water is oriented closer to the defense and special attack side
>>
>>33350532
5 lines. Since Mew can also learn Crabhammer.
>>
>>33350503
Liquidation is 85 BP though
>>
Why is EQ the only non-signature 10pp 100bp 100% accuracy move in the entire game that has literally no downside to being used.

Don't tell me it's because Flying types are immune to it, why is there no 10pp 100bp 100% acc electric/dragon/normal/ghost/fighting/poison/psychic moves that is teachable by TM to a third of the pokemon in the game?
>>
>>33350503
Because rain.
Imagine mega swampert under rain throwing out water type flare blitz left and right.
>>
>>33351724
Imagine mega charizard x under sun throwing out flare blitz left and right.
>>
>>33351767
Mega Charizard doesn't have Chlorophyll. And sun is a shit weather.
>>
>>33351805
Why does it need Chlorophyll? If it needs to be faster it can use dragon dance even if the sun isn't there.
>>
>>33351824
>Why does it need Chlorophyll?
It doesn't. But you compared it to mega swampert which has swift swim. Zard X doesn't have double speed the moment it's sent out.
>If it needs to be faster it can use dragon dance even if the sun isn't there.
Dragon dance requires a turn of set up.
>>
>>33351863
Rain also requires a turn to set up? You either have to use rain dance or use your turn to switch into a drizzle mon. Either way I thought the point of this was for the base power of moves, not the speed of the pokemon using them
>>
>>33351712
there's return with 2 more bp
>>
stop taking the bait
>>
>>33351876
in doubles you can have both pokemon, immediate set up.
>>
>>33351897
In double Charizard could have drought torkoal as a partner which has less speed than any Pokemon with drizzle making the sun stay up.
>>
>>33350509
>Focus Blast exists
and its shit
>>
>>33350509
>and yet Focus Blast misses
now its correct
>>
...what do you mean, only 90?
>>
File: 1499797845517.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499797845517.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
>the best ghost move with any distribution at all is 80 BP
>even exclusive moves aren't that much stronger
>>
>>33351712
It hits your ally in doubles so that is a thing.
>>
>>33351916
It still needs to dragon dance. Are you retarded?
>>
>>33352213
Stop giving him (You)s
>>
>>33350503
>only 90
Please shed a tear for types that have it worse would you. What of ghost with its best physical move being fucking 70 BP, electric with a 90 BP recoil move or a 75 BP move that not everything gets or psychic with its 80 BP move that can miss. Perhaps shed a tear for bug types without a horn or leech life that have to use x scissor. As if being bug wasn't enough.
>>
>>33352213
The only reason dragon dance was even mentioned was for the speed up. In this doubles situation where the sun would be up because of torkoal' slow speed mega swampert wouldn't have the swift swim boost so it'll only be at base 70 speed. Mega Zard would comfortably outspeed it already so why would it need to dragon dance?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.