[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like the RSE or ORAS OST better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 300px-Littleroot_Town_E.png (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Littleroot_Town_E.png
45KB, 300x300px
Do you like the RSE or ORAS OST better?
>>
ORAS overall but RSE has nostalgia factor so it's hard to say
>>
I prefer trumpets to generic safe remixes
>>
>>33348776
>>33348782
Do you think gen 4 remakes will be better osts?
>>
They're pretty much the same in my eyes overall. But fuck the ORAS version of Magma/Aqua Boss for removing the clapping that was easily the most memorable part of the original track, shame that it's the track everyone says they "got right".
>>
>>33348765
Some tracks are better, some are worse. I miss the trumpets, but ORAS had the best surf theme. ORAS Meteor Falls, Victory Road, the falling ash route and Mt. Pyre were outstanding too.
>>
>>33348765
Both, equally.
>>
>>33348765
ORAS did a pretty good job at transitioning the themes. So far, only really HGSS fucked up (seriously fuck the kiddie xylophones and shit that they added in HGSS)
>>
RSE. ORAS screwed up a lot of the standout tracks
>>
>>33348765
RSE but ORAS has some hits here and there.
>>
Well, since we're only going to be alive for some time then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYPWQMzwR4

I think the only thing that matters is the 1st playthrough (the 300+ hours I spent playing each game as a kid) and the soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezmCRcMTjXI
>>
>>33348789
>They're pretty much the same in my eyes
use your ears
>>
>>33348917
Goldenrod City and Verdanturf Town are some of my favorite tracks of the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0aG7kBJS18

Wish I still owned the carts and a working GBC for these games though. People say there are tones that you miss from youtube rips.
>>
>>33348967
Figure of speech, should've done something with that though.
>>
>>33348785
No doubt
>>
>>33348765
ORAS had the same exact music except higher quality instruments. It all sounds very safe and very accurate. I was very disappointed by this. Some tracks stand out, such as the amazing Aqua/Magma Boss battle theme.

HGSS did it much better in my opinion. Took the tracks and turned them into remixes that added just enough and sounded different yet very familar at the same time.

But perhaps it's because GSC used bleeps and boops when RSE used instrumentation.
>>
>>33348837
This. I think they screwed up Route 119, Elite 4, and the Champion theme (RIP clapping) but there are tracks I loved like the legendary theme.
>>
>>33348765
I overall prefer the sharp, harsher tones of the RSE soundtrack. Orchestral shit is so boring.
>>
>>33348782
>>33348789
>>33348803
>>33348837
do people really listen to pokemon tracks?

why wouldn't you do something productive while playing like listening to an audiobook or something?
>>
>>33348765
ORAS , no question
>>
File: 1502099819379.png (475KB, 893x732px) Image search: [Google]
1502099819379.png
475KB, 893x732px
>>33350815
>>
>>33349274
>clapping

You mean the snare drums?
>>
It depends from track to track, but ORAS has an improved soundtrack overall imo. Wild Pokemon battle theme and Gym Leader theme are standouts as massive improvements in my book.
>>
RSE. I don't really care if it's nostalgia, it's just so good
>>
>>33350815

bad taste desu anon
>>
ORAS. Generally speaking, most soundtracks sucked on the GBA due to its inherent sound, with RSE being one of the worst examples.
>>
>>33350815
>do people really listen to pokemon tracks?
I mean, the tracks play while your playing the fucking game, dumb ass.
>>
>>33348765
>ORAS Mt. Chimney theme
>ORAS Route 119 theme
Yeah RSE's music was better
>>
File: 1484626883656.png (139KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
1484626883656.png
139KB, 540x358px
>>33350815
>Why would you guys listen to music?
>>
>>33352692
You're talking video game composers, right?

>>33350815
People who mute game music make my blood boil, unless they are doing something repetitive in the same area like grinding, then I have muted games myself. But only when it gets really repetitive.
>>
>>33350850
https://youtu.be/jaUQM4TC9wg?t=90
>>
File: route 113.png (522KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
route 113.png
522KB, 500x750px
>>33348765
RSE's by a wide margin. ORAS has a few good remixes but the vast majority are mediocre at best and terrible at worst compared to the originals. There's a ton of tracks I hate in ORAS that I love in RSE; Route 113, Sootopolis, Slateport, Mt. Chimney, Ever Grande, all got fucked up.
I think the main reason some people dislike RSE's soundtrack is because of the weak GBA audio. If you take the same soundfonts used and play them on something that isn't completely tinny it improves the sound quality tenfold.
https://youtu.be/iLd1OoCQNLs?t=45m39s
I wish I could post individual songs instead of this giant three hour link, but just listen to songs like Slateport and how well-driven they are in RSE with proper audio quality. The bells cut through like a knife. In ORAS a lot of songs with strong, precise direction in the original become smeary and lose all their sharpness.
>>
>>33350815
>be animator
>plan everything out ahead
>just the grind work left
>put on RSE soundtrack in town order while working

>be working any menial task
>put on comfy trance-like pokemon OST

>play THE FUCKING GAME
>NOT LISTENING TO THE MUSIC

seriously, what?
>>
>>33348834
Xylophones can be amazing, but they were not in HGSS.
>>
>>33350815
>why wouldn't you do something productive while playing
>do something productive
>while playing
>PLAYING

You are missing the fucking point of video games, friend.

also, Pokemon generally has great OSTs that are worth listening to. I frequently listen to Pokemon tracks during my commute.
>>
>>33353406
I'm so glad someone else think Route 113 is worse in ORAS. I didn't like the synth approach they took with it at all, and they didn't even bother to do the countermelody.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.