[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ incomprehensible hatred for the Anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 17

File: Ash Sinnoh Team.jpg (73KB, 736x621px) Image search: [Google]
Ash Sinnoh Team.jpg
73KB, 736x621px
I know despite liking and still playing the same Pokemon games over and over again, /vp/ hates the Pokemon Anime and sees it as some kind of Anti Christ. But, did you ever watched the Anime in your childhood? and if you did when did you quit and why? Which was the first and last Pokemon season you watched?
>>
>watching the ashnime
Never, the Pokémon reapeting their names is fucking cringe
>>
>>33348754
>/vp/ hates the Pokemon Anime and sees it as some kind of Anti Christ.
People just hate it as much as they do because it's a mediocre show that has a 24/7 general (that they only got by spamming the board back during XY) filled with so much shitposting, it doesn't even do it's job as a containment thread.

I stopped sometime in Gen 3, but I've seen a few episodes from gen 6 and 7 just to watch cute Pokemon do cute things.
>>
>>33348754
First was OG, last was Kalos, Hate the direction they took for the S/M anime.
>>
>>33348786
XY was trash and boring.
>>
File: bd7.png (3MB, 1600x1350px) Image search: [Google]
bd7.png
3MB, 1600x1350px
>>33348754
I stopped where many stopped playing Pokemon, at the end of gen 2. I didn't come back until mid gen 4. Since then, I've seen snippets of it here and there. Saw the entirety of the Hoenn league meh, Sinnoh league was kino, Unova league was awful and the Kalos league looked pretty but boring. SM looks like trash, so not interested.
>>
>>33348754
I watch them all just to see the Pokemon and interactions between the Pokemon, dropped it during Kalos because it was some of the most droning, dull shit. Picked it back up with S/M though.
>>
>>33348811
XY was great and everything I wanted the Pokemon anime to be.
SM has been shit. I hate the new art style and the "slice of life" goal. Not at all what I wanted to see.
>>
>>33348754
>But, did you ever watched the Anime in your childhood?
Bits here and there that I barely remember. I was always more into the games, and have remained that way since.
Most people dislike the anime possibly not because of the anime itself, but since the anime is as popular or arguably even more popular than the games and brings in so much money, we will not be able to get any other animated production that isn't a first gen retread like Origins or small, game-oriented snippets like Generations because of that kodomo behemoth. It appeals to the kids, kids are the target audience, it sticks forever, any other attempt at an anime or cartoon is a redundant waste of resources.

It stings.
>>
File: DP.gif (484KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
DP.gif
484KB, 500x278px
Personally i started watching the Anime when i was at least 5 years old. The Kanto and Johto seasons were my childhood. I started growing out of Pokemon when Hoenn was airing but i still watched one or two episodes every now and then but when most of my friends started playing the Vidya, i bought my first Pokemon game with was Diamond and started watching the Anime again when it was in Sinnoh. I stopped playing the games after Platinum but i not regret having watched DP because it ended up being pretty damn enjoyable and the conclusion was amazing. After that i sticked with BW for 15 episodes hoping for it to be as good as DP but never happened so i dropped it. Then i heard Ash finally had a girl who liked him in XY but got bored after 13 episodes. Came back to see his defeat in the League but nothing else. For me the Pokemon Anime ended with OS-DP because it actually felt like one single story with a lot of continuity and more.
>>
I only watched the Kanto series. It was pretty weird, like Sabrina being a little girl or Tentacruel destroying an entire city. The rival doesn't show up that much, and the two most boring and forgettable gym leaders became two of the main characters with a personality. Felt like an oddball anime series with Pokemon characters attached than an actual Pokemon anime adaptation.
Despite that, I liked it.
>>
File: 1502049912345.png (2MB, 1280x1431px) Image search: [Google]
1502049912345.png
2MB, 1280x1431px
>>33348754
Remember seeing some of May (and maybe Misty but those were probably reruns) in my childhood. I really picked it up with DP though since that's when I got really into it. Dropped it during BW, obviously, and picked it back up with subbed XY. Currently watching SM and I gotta say I don't get why most people don't like it. We've been wanting a SoL pokemon style show for ages. This season is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>33348877
Un-ironic /thread
>>
>>33348754
I watched up until the end of Johto.
>>
I started with OS and cut out probably in the middle of DP. I just remember bits and pieces of it.

It also didn't help I started getting more into other anime at the time like Naruto when it blew up in popularity in the states.
>>
Only kanto and oí Johto was So boring, i prefer watch Digimon
>>
>>33348754
>did you ever watched
Fuck off spic
>>
>>33348754
Stopped at BW, I watch the first couple episodes every new generation to see if it's any good. It hasn't been
>>
>>33348784
You realize that the shitposting it's filled with comes from faggots like you that hate the anime and go there purely to shit it up, right? You're literally bitching about the problem you yourself created here.
>>
>>33348754
>incomprehensible hatred
It's called "I watch a lot of anime and pokemon is by far the worst anime I've ever seen."
There is nothing good about it.
>>
File: 1498926209583.png (214KB, 684x756px) Image search: [Google]
1498926209583.png
214KB, 684x756px
>>33349111
>stopped watching the show in gen 3
>must be a spammer in the anime thread
The mental gymnastics ashnime fags go through constantly is astounding
>>
>>33349155
>hates the anime
>hates the fact that there's an easily filterable thread for it
>knows that said thread is full of shitposting despite having zero legitimate reason to visit it
You basically exposed yourself there.
>>
I watched the anime when it was new until johto then I got board of it because it was boaring for alittle while then I saw sun and moon and laughed alot so now I liked it again and now it's interesting again my waiting is when will Teal Skull appear?
>>
>>33349111
As you guy you're replying to, I think It's hilarious you think that though. Sorry, no.
>>
>>33349155
"Faggots like you", not "you", moron. The only problem with that thread is the fact that autists that hate the anime keep going there to spam it with garbage instead of ignoring it.
>>
>>33349169
>hates the anime
He said it's mediocre, not that he hates it. And he said that he hates the anime thread because it has so much shitposting. How do you make the leap of logic from there that he's the one shitposting in it? Just so he can hate it more? Has the ashnime completely eroded your brain?
>>
>>33349169
Also I don't hate the fact that there's an easily filterable thread, I hate the fact that it doesn't work so there's no reason to exist. At this point the solution would be to purge the anime general and just have threads to discuss the anime naturally, then anime fans would be happy and the waifuwars would be purged.
>>
>>33349185
If >>33349155 wasn't you, then see >>33349188
The thread is full of shitposting specifically because /vp/ is full of people that hate the anime and for whatever reason translate said hatred into sitting in the anime general all day spamming it down. They're not even pretending to hide this.
>>
>>33349203
Fair enough.
>>
>>33349195
When the problem with a thread is "people that hate the subject go there to spam it down", making multiple threads is not the solution. That'd just increase the shitposting.
>>
>>33349203
The people spamming it with hate are ashnime fags themselves, or rather the ones who put XY on a pedestal. Then they spin a narrative about some shitposter conspiracy, like you're doing, oblivious to their own faggotry. It's really just a few screeching autists ruining it for everyone else.
>>
>Actually started watching the anime again with SM a couple days ago
>This thread shows up

Go Figure. I remember having an awful tendency of following the anime almost religiously and somehow managing to miss the entire league portion up until DP.
>>
>>33348754
stopped watching soon after Misty was sacrificed for Togepi
watched some of the newest season with my nephew, it's surprisingly tolerable, at least Jessie's still around
>>
>>33349217
If you're trying to pretend you're not one of the shitposters there, you're not doing a very good job.
>>
>>33349215
Do you really think that every shitpost in the current general is from dedicated anime haters? On 4chan of all sites?
>>
>>33348754
I stopped watching by the beginning of BW, and I stopped paying attention to it after the end of it. I thought DP was pretty decent, but I heard so many good things about XY. Is it worth watching? I'm sort of interested, but there's also a part of me that would feel very disappointed with the characters.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>33349221
>he has a nephew
>>
>>33349226
>more rationalization
>more ignorance of your own faggotry
Thanks for proving me right. I challenge you to show me any spam from "dedicated anime haters" in the thread, compared to all the bitching from xy fags.
>>
>>33348754
I stopped watching regularly shortly after Ash met May and her annoying little brother.

I stopped watching because its all basically the same fucking episode over and over again.

I turn it on every once in a while to see if anything's really changed and it hasn't.

I'm going to be 33 soon.

/life
>>
>>33349233
Considering it's blatantly thread-derailing garbage and a good chunk of it is pasta? Either that or just random faggots that see there's shitposting going on and decide to join in. It's obviously not animefags shitting up their own thread.
>>
>>33349253
I don't go there. I haven't watched the anime since DP. But your post is falseflagging 101 and you need to try a bit harder if you're going to make anyone fall for your shit.

No, I'm not going to reply to whatever shit you're going to reply with.
>>
>>33349234
>I heard so many good things about XY. Is it worth watching?
Depends on how much you like Pokemon really. I dropped the Anime after DP not because i disliked it but because i felt it was a really good end for my favorite childhood Anime and when i came back to watch Xy i edned uop dropping it completely. Boring characters and story. If you like romance then go for it oh and i guess Alan is ok too.
>>
>>33349265
>It's obviously not animefags shitting up their own thread.
As somebody who had been an active participant in other cancerous (/vg/) generals for a very long time, we absolutely shit up our own threads. Shoot, spamming pastas is the best part, it's practically culture. When you're in the same thread each and every day for YEARS, you start to lose your mind.
>>
File: 1484981513714.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484981513714.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>33349248
>He doesn't have at least 2 nieces and 2 nephews
>He isn't the favorite Uncle of at least one of them
>>
It's just not a very amusing or occupying anime. And it's not just cause it's a kids show. I've enjoyed anime like GaoGaiGar TV and Doremi and those were shows for children. I was always excited for the next episode's adventures and what might show up.
I think my problem with Pokemon is 1. It's tried to keep the story on one character longer than most adventure oriented children shows, 2. Status Quo is even more harsh than usual and 3. I know too much about the game for the prospect of new Pokemon showing up to seem very interesting, which gets rid of the excitement of upcoming encounters. The show used to do crazy stuff like the giant amusement part and the ancient gengar vs alakazam, but now interesting stuff like that seems to be movie only territory.
>>
>>33349288
That's /vg/. It's a fairly different beast from elsewhere.
>>
>>33349265
Generals eventually degenerate into it. Happened in /a/, /sp/, /tv/ and other boards. /vg/ is a board-sized reminder that generals inevitably gravitate towards becoming cancer.
>>
>>33349277
It's ironic how you claim i'm too obvious when your post could not be more transparent.

Where the fuck would you even get the notion that I'm "falseflagging" or the state of the threads if you didn't browse them? You spin the same narrative about "the shitposters" that all the meta whining bitches in that thread do, and no one outside of those threads would. It's fucking pathetic how you're claiming to be a neutral outsider, and of course you're going to bitch out when you're so easily exposed.
>>
>>33349313
Don't forget /co/. I feel like their degeneracy is at least 25% responsible for /trash/'s creation.
>>
>>33349307
Literally why would it be different? It even has an autistic OP pasta that would put most /vg/ threads to shame. If anything it would degrade faster and harder since the topic is so barren and uninteresting.
>>
File: 1463967934217.png (10KB, 84x178px) Image search: [Google]
1463967934217.png
10KB, 84x178px
>>33349313
>There have been so many Katawa Shoujo Generals they have lost count multiple times
>>
>>33349313
Either way, if the problem with the thread is "cancerous faggots spam it with garbage that the thread as a whole very clearly identifies as shitposting" those faggots aren't going to go away if you rename the thread and split it up. All that would lead to is the usual "ree go back to your general" autists that always show up in every other anime related thread joining in on the shitposting.
>>
>>33349344
/co/'s inability to moderate furries into a single containment general is the reason moot had to give bronies their own board. Happened on a minor scale with Frozen and Loud House generals.
>>
I started watching the anime when it first premiered in the west and stopped watching sometime around the Johto series cause I moved and we only had local channels so I couldn't watch it. I didn't get a chance to watch it again until the Unova series and by then I didn't care. I've tried watching it from the beginning again twice. Didn't even finish the Hoenn league the first time and only made it maybe halfway through the Sinnoh league before giving up out of boredom the second time.
>>
>>33349361
It's one of the fastest generals on /vp/ and used to go through 4-5 threads a day during mid-to-late XY.
>>
>>33349377
It works when you ban the faggots for shitposting in a non-general and delete their posts, but leave the thread up. But that would never happen on /vp/.
>>
I don't want to generalize, but personally I've left a good few generals because they often seem to end up with a few namefags and shitposters discouraging moving away from a specific topic or method of posting, and when people get tired of that kind of thing they just start leaving... which means less people around to actually do anything about the discussion stagnating into a chatroom for a few individuals.
>>
I watched the first season when I was little and I still think it's good. Everything else is terrible... everything. I still watch it because it's pokemon and it's fun to have it in the background while I play the games.
>>
File: 1493347503727.png (28KB, 460x550px) Image search: [Google]
1493347503727.png
28KB, 460x550px
>>33349381
>Loud House Generals got sent to /trash/ before the first episode even aired

The fuck
>>
>>33349377
Except that's not the problem, it's the narrative you spun in your head to mentally deal with posts you don't personally like. The handful of go back posts have no impact on other anime threads, nor does the occasional actual bait in the general. Most of the shitposting is from whiny, needy faggots like you desperately seeking validation, but too vacuous to post anything besides "how about them shitposters?"
>>
>>33349407
It also works if you ban faggots that are very very clearly just shitting up the thread, which is what used to happen in those generals before moderation on /vp/ turned into such a joke.
>>
>>33349423
>>33349217
Totally not the same person.
>>
>>33349426
Has /vp/ ever had good moderation? Honest question, I never bothered coming to this board until late 2014.
>>
>>33349417
The only namefags I've ever seen there used to be told to fuck off and stop attention whoring every time they posted.
>>
>>33349434
Where did I pretend not to be, you stupid bitch? There you go again posting vapid fucking garbage instead of actually responding to the point. Much like your ilk here >>33349226
>>
>>33349426
That doesn't happen to generals anymore because you ban too many people who also just contribute to discussion, creating empty, pointless threads. There's just too much overlap, not a bogyman.
>>
>>33349441
You used to be able to report blatant shitposts and see them get deleted within less than 15 minutes. Nowadays you're more likely to get banned for "abusing the report function".
>>
>>33349441
It used to have NO moderation. It's been consistently half-assed since.
>>
>>33349452
Used to work fine in those exact threads. People came there to discuss, shitposters came there to shitpost, people reported the shitposts and the shitposts got deleted not that long after, then the thread was relatively calm for a while. There's no shitposting culture there.
>>
>>33348754
I stopped watching it regularly during Best Wishes but didn't outright drop it until early into X/Y.

Sun/Moon has done some good things, and I may pick it back up again.
>>
>>33349442
There was once a magical time when anon and name/tripfags actually lived in harmony, you know.
>>
>>33349466
I don't go to anime generals, but you're talking about during XY, right? Doesn't that just reinforce everything that's been said about bitter, longterm posters?
>>
>>33349423
Case in point, look at the thread right now. It's nothing but the "regulars" jerking each other off about how bad the thread is, vapidly blaming their latest scapegoat. The hate is all coming from ashnime fags who claim they're no longer interesting in the show but still sit there in the threads, decomposing and shitposting while blaming everyone else. It's pathetic.
>>
watch in S/M when its on tv (i live in Japan) but mostly on the background sort of thing while i use the pc.
I was hyped for much for X/Y for ash winning the league, i prefer S/Ms more relaxed nature since we will never see ash win anything and he should just chill with pokemon and friends anyway.
>>
Since we're on the subject, does anybody actually use the revived /wfg/? And why would anyone want to?
>>
>>33349484
No, since the shitposting was frequent back during mid-to-late XY too, it just got dealt with quicker. The thread has always attracted "I hate the anime and the fact that people discuss it so I'll try to shit up their threads as best as I can" faggots, and /vp/ has its fair share of those. The difference between now and then is mostly that the lack of moderation gives them a lot more free reign to shitpost without getting banned for it.
>>
File: pokemon_dawn_by_darkraimoon.jpg (38KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_dawn_by_darkraimoon.jpg
38KB, 600x448px
>>33348754
The only reason I found myself watching the anime was to see when Ash and whatever girl companion he was with were going to kiss or do things like that. I remembered how I REALLY wanted it to be with Dawn.
>>
File: One Eye in the Past.png (301KB, 472x605px) Image search: [Google]
One Eye in the Past.png
301KB, 472x605px
I watched Season 1 religiously as a kid. I was disappointed when Ash lost the league but I kept watching the future gens because I was sure he'd win sooner or later.

I dropped somewhere mid Johto because the show was getting passed between Kids WB, Cartoon Network, and whatever 4kids was called at the time. No matter where I tuned in a fucking rerun was always airing. After a while I just assumed the show got so bad that they cancelled it entirely.

When Pokemon Advanced came out I gave it a second chance. I watched most of it but I skipped the Contest episodes. The Battle Frontier arc was too frustrating for me to watch in full. I just assumed the guy with the Regi trio gave him the final symbol out of pity.

DP was infuriating to watch. All I remember was Ash losing against most of the gym leaders and Fantina was always absent from her gym. Then of course Ash got steamrolled by that dude with a team of legendaries.

When the BW anime came out everyone cheered that it was the show's triumphant return and I watched a couple episodes and participated in the anime general. Then just like always, the arc dragged on and Ash lost a ton of times. I can't remember the guy's dub name, but there was a dude working for Team Rocket named Flint who showed up in a few episodes then never appeared again. Was there any reason to that?

I didn't bother with the Kalos arc at all and I've only watched the first episode of Sun & Moon.

Knowing that every region ends with Ash getting his ass beat is a huge reason why I dislike the anime. Two years worth of buildup just to end in Ash choking, every time? Fuck that noise.

There are a ton of anime that shamelessly ripoff Pokemon but doesn't have a protagonist that loses all the time. I'd rather watch Puzzle & Dragons X instead.

People who watch the anime for shipping need to kill themselves.
>>
>>33349492
If the thread has "the regular, longterm posters" being frustrated about the heavy shitposting there nowadays, wouldn't that just mean it's NOT them that are behind said shitposting?
>>
>>33349544
The anime general started existing with XY, m8.
>>
File: 1497394917113.gif (4MB, 198x197px) Image search: [Google]
1497394917113.gif
4MB, 198x197px
there's no reason to watch the ashnime after DP
>>
>>33349554
XY.
>>
>>33349292
> the ancient gengar vs alakazam
Watched a few days ago for the first time. I have to say, I now realize why the adults of the initial pokemania never 'got' it; the show barely ever explained anything.

It's fun and crazy and I did enjoy the wackiness. However, an adult who did not play the games and did not track the show would have hardly understood a thing. We the kids knew that Alakazam and Gengar are strong pokemon who evolve by trading, Psychic and Ghost/Poison were (supposed) to be effective against each other and both pokemon were competitive powerhouses. None of this is explained ever in the episode, we have no idea how Alakazam even figured into the myth (was it also a force of darkness, or was it an enemy of the darkness? I don't recall that being mentioned,) how Jigglypuff's song managed to activate the ancient bell and how it spit out a huge jigglypuff in return, or who half the cast of the episode was. This is all really confusing if you didn't have any fan knowledge beforehand, and a kid is far more forgiving of logical inaccuracies and inconsistencies than an adult is as long as it's flashy and fun enough.

If I had never played Pokemon before, I also would have barely understood a thing. Even having played Pokemon, the show took so many liberties that it still ends up confusing. It's only knowing that it's supposed to be utterly ridiculous that it starts making some sense.
>>
>>33349547
There IS no heavy shitposting. There's just them whining about a nonexistent problem because they find solidarity in it. Conversely, the "heavy shitposting" comes from their own whining, metaposting and spam, but they don't regard that as a problem.
>>
>>33349552
"Pokemon Anime Discussion Thread" started existing with XY.
Before XY it was called "Anime General".
>>
>>33349597
Untrue. There were occasional threads about the anime, but no general.
>>
>>33349594
So if all the "shitposts" aren't actually shitposts, what's the problem then?
>>
>>33349554
XY is the perfection of the shounen style DP employed
>>
>>33349617
I just fucking explained it you moron, learn to read. The deliberate, spiteful shitposts that you and them complain about are virtually nonexistent. The actual shitposts are these fallacious complaints themselves, they're just ignorant to their own shitposting.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>33349607
Nice try, newfag.
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/subject/Anime%20General/page/2/
>>
>>33349560
>>33349621
>fan fic tier story

no
>>
>>33349643
>One thread from late BW that got 6 replies.

I... what?
You made me click on that link, I guess, but that's pretty lazy for a shitpost.
>>
File: shonen.png (44KB, 1859x193px) Image search: [Google]
shonen.png
44KB, 1859x193px
>>33349621
DP was way more shonen than XY. Pic related. It also did interesting strategies better, the other staple of good shonen.
>>
>>33349689
Neither you nor him knows what "shonen" even means.
>>
>>33349052
>he watched the first 2 episodes of XY
>and decided it wasn't any good
So lemme guess, you're a dubfag right?
>>
>>33349698
durr hurr durr muh demographics

It's not about the literal definition of shonen, it's about the qualities of the genre. Either way, how is XY better shonen?
>>
>>33349689
Shounen characters just have to grow in power, not as people. Look at Luffy and Goku, two of the most famous. That's one thing Ash DID do as a trainer within the vacuum of x/y.
>>
>>33348754
honestly when i used to hate pokemon because i only knew the anime and the anime is just that shit, always thought ash was a stupid character.

The only reason i like pokemon now is because i got a DS Lite as a gift and was going on a road trip, didnt have any games for the ds so when i went to get one the only thing i recognized out of rows and rows of games was pokemon so i gate it a shot and loved the hell out of it
>>
>>33349714
I didn't say it wasn't shonen, I said it wasn't good shonen.
>>
>>33349721
Out of curiosity, which DS game was it?
>>
>>33349714
"Shonen" does not mean "battle manga" you dumb retard.
>>
>>33349714
Now look at Light Yagami, another of the most famous shonen proags out there. He did NOT grow in power.

Oops?
>>
>>33349733
But it can. And Pokemon is much closer to a battle manga than any other format of shounen. It's certainly not anything close to a sports series despite the competitive angle.
>>
>>33349745
What about X/Y Ash makes you think of Light?
>>
>>33349677
You replied to this guy >>33349643
But I'm guessing you meant to reply to me >>33349653
Or you think him & I are the same person. We're not.

The archive doesn't go further back than 2013. I've been on /vp/ since BW was announced. There were Anime Generals. They might not've all had Anime General in the subject name but they were definitely a thing. If you wanna argue semantics and say that doesn't count then whatever. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>33349786
>One thread from late BW that got 6 replies.

What are you even trying to do? You're either a lazy shitposter or some retard trying to pass yourself off as an oldfag and doing a hilariously bad job at it.
>>
>>33349836
I was around back then. There were occasional anime threads. I made some myself, I specifically remember making one about the fansub for the first Donamite episode getting released. There were no generals or anything remotely resembling any.
>>
>>33349544
>When Pokemon Advanced came out I gave it a second chance. I watched most of it but I skipped the Contest episodes. The Battle Frontier arc was too frustrating for me to watch in full

So you purposely skipped Contest episodes which brought more battles, plot, and story to the show for the female companion? May's arc was very enjoyable.

>DP was infuriating to watch. All I remember was Ash losing against most of the gym leaders and Fantina was always absent from her gym. Then of course Ash got steamrolled by that dude with a team of legendaries.

DP was long, but Ash struggling against Gym leaders and coming up with strategies to beat them was worth it. It's actually the only region to do this consistently.

>When the BW anime came out everyone cheered that it was the show's triumphant return and I watched a couple episodes and participated in the anime general.

Dude, nobody considered BW a return to form for the anime even when it first started. People obviously noticed it was trying to be a throwback to Kanto, but it was never well received.
>>
>>33349924
>replied to the wrong person again
See
>>33349836
You're either a newfag or just a really annoying cunt.
>>
>>33349937
He already posted evidence of something "remotely resembling" a general.
>>
>>33349942
The post he replied to was a now deleted post saying "The earliest posts on the archive are from the late BW era, m8." That was clearly a reply to that.
>>
>>33349131
SAO, Aria the Scarlet Ammo and shit that too perverted to be even watchable seem worse to me.
>>
>>33349947
That's a thread where the OP specifically says there's no general that died after 6 posts. If anything, that's evidence AGAINST the existence of there supposed BW era generals.
>>
File: rellty.jpg (43KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
rellty.jpg
43KB, 720x540px
>>33349970
>too perverted to be even watchable
Why would an anime being perverted make it less watchable?
>>
>>33349938
>So you purposely skipped Contest episodes which brought more battles, plot, and story to the show for the female companion? May's arc was very enjoyable.
I don't know what to tell you, anon. I was 8 when Advanced came out. All I cared about was Ash being the best.
If it's any consolation, I might've watched the Contest finale.

>Ash struggling against Gym leaders and coming up with strategies to beat them was worth it
All the leaders Ash struggled to defeat led up to him getting curbstomped in the finals by a fucking nobody with a team of legendaries. It was absolutely NOT worth it. In fact, having that knowledge makes DP even more depressing to watch.
>>
>>33350074
The climax of the Sinnoh league was Ash beating Paul, where Ash used his Sinnoh team and beat him. He of course lost to Tobias after for the same reason he loses every league in 20 years.

The writers for some reason don't want Ash win a league till the show ends.
>>
>>33348754
>sees it as some kind of Anti Christ.
It is just bad you autist, get over it.
>>
>>33350087
If the twist was that one of the legendaries was a Zoroark all along, it would have at least been a clever lead into gen 5. But what we got felt like a middle finger to everyone who watched DP in its entirety.

I just don't see the appeal in the show when you know Ash is going to lose when it matters the most.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1200x675px
Watched the anime up till misty left.
only watch an episode after that if it has leggy girls,
For personal reasons
>>
>>33350173
>Watched the anime up till misty left.

I don't get this logic.
>>
>>33350179
Almost every fucking person I knew personally did this,
I realized that hoenn was just gonna be the same thing over and over.
>>
>>33350206
And almost every fucking person that didn't stop there agrees Hoenn was a massive step up in quality for the show.
>>
>>33350222
No it wasn't. That's where it truly became formulaic.
>>
>>33350232
That was Johto.
>>
>>33350233
Around the end of johto a lot of my kids including myself thought the show would end,
Or at least kick out ash.
>>
>>33350240
And instead it revamped itself and fixed a bunch of the problems people had with Johto.
Seriously, the only people that don't think Hoenn was better than Johto are those that dropped the show when Johto ended and never saw these improvements.
>>
>>33348754
I don't despite the anime. Of course I stopped watching it because I find it boring now as I grew way to older for its target.
DP was the last season I enjoyed.
>>
File: 20161006_184046.jpg (11KB, 99x110px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_184046.jpg
11KB, 99x110px
The Pokemon anime is shit. It was funny during the first and second regions but as it went on it started to get boring with the same reused plots. Kalos is no different despite the fags who said it was the best thing since sliced bread. It was actually one of the worst seasons Pokemon history has ever had being filled with bogus OP Pokemon that can only reach their full power by the Ebin "love trust freindship" bullshit, that mega pokemon nonsense. Team Rocket being even stupider than they usually are, some stupid forced and uncannon relationship between Ash and the female traveling companion Serena, Ash Greninja Pokemon that the Pokemon company literally pulled out of their asses just to make Ash seem cooler. And an edgy rival. Completely the opposite of what the Pokemon anime supposed to be about. And of course Sun and Moon took the Pokemon anime Direction in the worst turn they could possibly go. Shity animation, meme faces, Z moves etc. The only thing that makes the Sun and Moon different from Kalos is the animation style honestly. If sun and moon was animated just like Kalos was I honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They both have stupid plots stupid Concepts and retarded characters.
>>
>>33350249
I doubt a lot of the younger audience could even analyze the show to that degree, a lot of the original viewerbase probably just got tired of it.
>>
>>33350249
I don't think people dropped the show because misty left,
They just realized that ash is going nowhere with his goal and the show, I think could've have kept people watching if they let ash catch actual cool Pokemon instead of diarrhea like tailow and fucking torkoal.
They could have given him salamence or metagross..
Nope!
TORKOAL
>>
>>33350274
>It was funny during the first and second regions
You are being too kind. There was no wit or humor left in the show by Johto.
>>
>>33350285
Well that's not completely true, Johto did still have some very funny episodes, the problem it was in the middle of a whole bunch of dull or routine episodes mixed in with them.
>>
>>33350274
Mega Pokemon are from the games, /v/-kun.
>>
I started watching in late 98 or early 99; it must just be poor memory because I don't remember watching consistently back then. I watched very little of Johto, watched a ton of Hoenn, watched all of Sinnoh, got about 80 episodes through Unova and only like 3 through Kalos.

I want to try Sun and Moon, but I am afraid of it sucking - is it shit? I consider Diamond and Pearl to be the best.
>>
>>33350317
It's up for debate whether BW or SM is the worst series.
>>
>>33350317
>Shit people will ask:
>Is this season good? I haven't watched the anime in [x] years and-
>It's been pretty dull and uneventful, with the occasional good episode. Watch XY instead if you haven't.
>>
I think people need to realize there's good and bad/boring eps in every saga. The problem is each saga has to be stretched over 3-4 years. If you just watch the very best episodes of each saga, the anime is pretty enjoyable, ignoring the fact that Ash never wins a league.
>>
>>33350342
If you just watch the very best episodes of each saga It's a disjointed mess. A lot of the important exposition/introduction episodes are actually pretty boring In Pokemon.
>>
Yes, I was around 10 at the time.
>Which was the first and last Pokemon season you watched?
The original one.
>when did you quit and why?
Ash vs Surge. Because it was humongously bullshit and even my immature 10 year old self that hasn't played the games yet could figure it out.
>>
Been watching the anime since the OG syndication run on UPN, stuck with it once Kids WB got a hold of it and dropped it once it moved from Kids WB to Cartoon Network during the final season of Hoenn and they changed all the voice actors.
I legitimately started to lose interest during Johto though like most people did due to the near endless amounts of filler where nothing of importance ever happened. It still gave us a few gems every now and then and a couple arcs that were kind of neat so it still held my interest long enough to see it through to the end. I had high hopes for Hoenn since it had a strong start but a few episodes in I realized I was only watching the show out of a force of habit at this point, Misty leaving was a bummer, some of the episodes were dull suffering from Johto filler syndrome, and May's brother was one of the worst things to happen to the show, but it still had just enough going for it to keep watching it out of tradition.
Cue the show going cable only and I drop it completely for about four years and try to pick it back up where I left off by downloading the rest of Hoenn and Sinnoh during college. Tried so hard to get back into it but the new (at the time) dub sucked so badly, as soon as subs started popping up near the end of DP I switched to watching it subbed only and haven't looked back since. The show immediately became a more enjoyable experience subbed, at least for DP which was when I started to really get back into the show again, but then I sat through the entirety of Best Wishes and almost gave up as a whole again. Gave XY a shot for a few episodes, didn't care for it so dropped it, picked it back up when everyone said it got good and enjoyed the rest of the ride through. Thoroughly enjoyed the XY series once it started to pick up. I haven't even touched SM yet, the art shift and premise are not appealing at all.
>>
Well I remember I was watching it from when it started back when I was very little. I also remember seeing a preview commercial for Johto Journeys, and I think I stopped watching around that time. Then I started watching it again basically during the end of Master Quest and the beginning of Advanced. Then, during Advanced Challenge, I started getting serious about watching it, and basically watched every season until I stopped watching it during Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension.

I recently restarted from season 1, but in Japanese this time.
>>
>>33350848
To add on; eventually I'll check out the SM anime as more of a personal, albeit rather stupid goal of having watched every single episode at least once of a show I've been watching since I was 10. Kinda keeps the nostalgia going a bit, it's just hard to be interested in a series that has always had a target audience for children and writers that refuse to let the main character come out on top unless it's a filler arc.
>>
>>33350848
>and May's brother was one of the worst things to happen to the show,

Am I the only one who doesn't think Max was that bad, at least during the first half of Hoenn? They clearly ran out of things to do with him as AG progressed, but I never thought his character was bothersome on an episode to episode basis. In most eps Max barely does anything and the writers just treat him as a second Brock.
>>
First episode, stopped somewhere in gen III because they moved its timeslot and I couldn't find it anymore. I also lost interest, though. Despite liking May more than Misty, Max pissed me off to no end.
>>
>>33350317
if you liked Diamond and Pearl you will find Sun and Moon a hot steaming pile of garbage. Endless fillershit with no action, battles or plot.

Stay away and don't waste your time.
>>
>>33350956
Some eps of SM are legitimately amusing, but yeah it's not an action series. Going into it as a fun time waster or for some of the girl characters or Kiawe is ok though.
>>
Only first season, but this is the worst anime ever created god
>>
Ashnime cringe inducing nightmare fuel, sorry, not sorry
>>
>>33350342
>>33350383
How can Ashnime fans seriously think the filler episodes are necessary to watch? DBZ fans don't tell you to watch all of the Name saga. Hell, One Piece fans urge people to skip certain arcs altogether.

Do Ashnime fans even watch other shows?
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.