[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS were bad remakes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 16

File: oras.jpg (88KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
oras.jpg
88KB, 620x420px
I've seen lots of love for ORAS here in 'rank the games' threads and whatnot. Have those people actually played Emerald? ORAS undid everything that Emerald added or improved upon.

> Doesn't use the vastly superior Gym Leader teams.
> Doesn't have Gym Leader rematches.
> ORAS railroads you much more than even the original R/S did. You can no longer progress through Granite Cave until you beat Brawly, and you can't get to Slateport anymore until you talk to Steven. Wally auto-backtracks you to Mauville after you defeat Norman, when previously you were allowed to explore the west coast more freely after unlocking Surf.
> Lati@s is now a mandatory capture. Rayquaza is also mandatory, right before you fight a Dragon user (how convenient!). etc.
> Highly simplified Sky Pillar climb.
> Highly simplified Regi hunt.
> No Leichi Berry Mirage Island.
> No Berry Crush mini-game.
> No Trainer Hill.
> No Battle Frontier.

and probably more that I'm forgetting.

I love the DexNav as much as the next guy, but ORAS really dropped the ball in a lot of ways.
>>
>People are finally realizing ORAS are good remakes and that triggers me so I'm going to spread fake news

Okay where should we begin...

They're R/S remakes, not Emerald. Even so, using the term "vastly" is hyperbolic. The only difference between Emerald and ORAS' Roxanne team is that Emerald has an extra Geodude. Woooooow.... so superior...
Agreed (except for Wallace)
>ORAS railroads you much more than even the original R/S did.
Again. You're being hyperbolic. It is true that it's not AS open as R/S/E but they still have the most player freedom since HGSS
>Lati@s is now a mandatory capture. Rayquaza is also mandatory, right before you fight a Dragon user (how convenient!). etc.
This is a negative how? You don't even have to use them. It's as much as a non-issue as the EXP Share.
>Highly simplified Sky Pillar climb.
The original Sky Pillar was just a bike puzzel with trial and error bullshit. The new one is superior, hands down.
>Highly simplified Regi hunt.
In what way? From what I remember, it's still pretty cryptic which is arguably bad.
>No Leichi Berry Mirage Island.
No, instead we get various other Mirage Islands with exclusive Pokemon and hidden items. This is a positive.
> No Trainer Hill.
> No Battle Frontier.
Agreed, but the final two mentioned are Emerald.

Now let's count the positives...

>Delta Episodes' finale is fucking awesome.
>The majority of the remixes are superior, and the new songs (Zinna and Wally's themes) are sublime
DexNav is hands down the best use of the bottom screen of any DS/3DS Pokemon game
>Added character development to Norman, Brendan, Wally, and Team Magma/Aquas Leaders and Admins
>EXP Share makes it so that certain members of your team won't fall behind in levels, AND it's optional
>Soaring with Latios/Latias
>Dive trainers

And that's not even counting the various QoL features like Physical/Special split.
>>
>>33346929
You could never get to Slateport without speaking with steven to begin with
>>
>>33347217
>> Doesn't use the vastly superior Gym Leader teams.
>They're R/S remakes, not Emerald. Even so, using the term "vastly" is hyperbolic. The only difference between Emerald and ORAS' Roxanne team is that Emerald has an extra Geodude. Woooooow.... so superior...

Emerald is a remake of RS. The ORAS came along, and not only didn't try to use the obvious improvements of Emerald, but took everything in RS, and made it worse

Also, for reference, go check the differences between Brawly's and 7th gym (forgot the names) teams in RS and Emerald, which are among the best examples. Not just the Pokémon, levels, movesets and items held

ORAS was a downgrade from RS. They could have just copied and pasted all the teams from Emerald instead, but they decided to go for the versions that were outclassed over a decade ago, and the made them easier
>>
File: 1350662757611.png (14KB, 254x258px) Image search: [Google]
1350662757611.png
14KB, 254x258px
>>33346929
In spite of all that I think they're the best pokemon games to date. Every single pokemon game has had negatives that effect it, and OR/AS are no different, they just have far more pros than there are cons.
>>
>>33346929
No matter what mandatory captures they make in other games, NOTHING will ever be as bad as what Emerald does with Rayquaza.

Nothing.
>>
>>33347485
>they just have far more pros than there are cons.

Not really.
>>
>>33347513
What, a 30 second cutscene?
>>
>>33347521
You glorify emerald but the only thing emerald has over ORAS is the frontier.
Considering so many people bitch about the battle tower/subway/tree why the fuck would you even want a frontier?
>>
>>33347523
No, basically give you for free a lv70 overpowered legendary before the E4.

>>33347446
>same exact Pokemon but at higher level
>made easier
>>
>>33347552
>the only thing emerald has over ORAS is the frontier.

That's all it needs. The Frontier is hours and hours worth of replayable content.
>>
>>33347567
You have no right to an opinion of ORAS if the only thing you care about is the frontier.
>>
>>33347567
>only content that -i- like counts as content
We all miss it but come on, that's bullshit.
>>
>>33347579
That's not what I said. At all.

>>33347578
You have no right to an opinion of ORAS if the think the Frontier isn't significant.
>>
>>33347557
That's retarded, no one forces you to catch Rayquaza. Hardly worth calling it the worst.
>>
>>33347592
>You have no right to an opinion of ORAS if the think the Frontier isn't significant.
Why, because I enjoyed 90% of the game and not the last 10% of it?
>>
>>33346929
Yeah but it still felt like a pokemon game. It's still better than sun and moon, and the pss is infinitely better than that festival plaza abortion. Also the rural Japan setting is way comfier than the Hawaii bullshit
>>
>>33347610
No, because you think that "90%" rehashed content with easy casualized gameplay is equatable to many times that but actually replayable and challenging.
>>
>>33347596
No one forces you to use the Lati either. And why shouldn't i catch it? It's the most important mon of the game, the game itself is giving me the chance to easily use a super mon 25 levels over anyone else, why should i shoot myself in the foot and not use it?
>>
File: fuck_off.png (121KB, 1082x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_off.png
121KB, 1082x768px
>>33347557
>>same exact Pokemon but at higher level
>>
>>33347446
i like how you point out levels while not only is everything in E lower than RS but from Norman and on it's lower than ORAS too
>>
>>33347649
>No one forces you to use the Lati either.
There is still a difference between the game forcing a powerful pokemon onto you and having to solve a difficult puzzle to be rewarded with one at the end.
Generally speaking, in RS and ORAS you can always catch and then grind Groudon/Kyogre to level 70 too.
>>
File: cherrypicking.png (203KB, 1286x960px) Image search: [Google]
cherrypicking.png
203KB, 1286x960px
>>33347669
Hurr durr i can cherrypick too.
>>
>>33346929
>it's another unovabortion mad that people are now realizing his favorite gen is objectively the worst thread
>>
>>33347649
The game gives you the Latis for free. You have to go actually go out of your way to catch Rayquaza.
>>
>>33347714
Yes, the difference is that the forced one is isn't even more powerful and 25 levels over everything else. There is no difficult puzzle, you just bike over tiles while fighting lower leveled mons than RS and ORAS. Difficult for a kid maybe but not for one that played the original game.

>Generally speaking, in RS and ORAS you can always catch and then grind Groudon/Kyogre to level 70 too.
In what reality, exactly?

Also you're seriously using "raising a slow growing mon 25 levels before the E4 with no good training spot but Victory Road and no lucky egg" as an actual point?
>>
>shit I don't care about since everything gets OHKO'd anyways
>shit I don't care about because see above except because it's postgame you're probably gonna end up very overleveled by the time they actually ask you to battle so it's even easier
>shit I don't care about
>shit I don't care about because I don't use Legendaries
>just like Emerald's story climb
>it's the same as RS except there's also a super convoluted way to get Regigigas, and the only difference from Emerald is Strength and Fly instead of Rock Smash and Flash and Regice pulls a Belch's Lair instead of making you hug the walls
>old Mirage Island was garbage, Mirage Spots are much better
>shit I literally never once got a chance to use, at least bitch about Berry Blending
>shitty excuse for a "Battle Facility"
>dearly missed

To be quite honest, the only omissions or changes that bother me are the Frontier just not being there and the New Mauville dungeon being blatantly unfinished. My other issues with ORAS are things irrelevant to RSE like Delta Episode being a writing nightmare and them dropping the bird's eye view in each town after Petalburg.

>>33347714
>difficult puzzle

Holy shit people actually think this about the Mach Bike section?
>>
Holy shit, have we already circled around to believing ORAS were good instead of thinking they're the worst shit to exist ever? The Zelda cycle holds as true as ever
>>
>>33347669
>>33347735
It's called balancing you retards.
>>
>>33347977
No, it's just delusional Hoennfags who slurp up whatever GF gives them. Anyone who's smart still thinks ORAS is mediocre at best.
>>
>>33347977
ORAS are great games but bad remakes no one ever disagreed about this.
>>
>>33348021
Hoennfags are the ones that hate ORAS, moron.
>>
>>33347977
I've said since release it's pretty good, but there's no good reason it doesn't have the Frontier, or several other additions made to Emerald. If it had at least the Frontier, it could've been the best entry, like it should've been.
>>
>>33348029
But people are saying they are good remakes in this topic, just not remakes of Emerald.
>>
Why does everyone glorify Frontier so much if they bitch about how much they suck at Tower and its clones
You fuckers wouldn't stand a chance even in the Dome
>>
Might be an incredibly unpopular opinion, but I honestly think RS is the most replayable out of any Hoenn game campaign-wise. Scott and all those phone calls in Emerald felt like they broke the flow of the game, as did the extra Brendan cutscenes in ORAS. Emerald's harder NPC trainers didn't do much of anything to me, since they were still extremely easy, and the overworld double battles felt overused, especially compared to later gen games that also have the feature like Platinum and HGSS. That said, Emerald is much better in postgame battling content due to the Frontier, and ORAS is also better due to the multiplayer and QoL changes, and specific side content, like Dexnav if you're into shinies.
>>
>>33348029
It actually fixes some of the problems with RSE, plays on the strength of some of its elements like Secret Bases, and finally implements what was always intended to be part of Hoenn in Soaring, so I wouldn't call it a bad one. It's just not as good as it by all means should've been.

>>33348061
Because they're the same people, right?
>>
ORAS is such a mixed bag for me for everything I like about it there's always something else that I hate.
>>
All they had to do was the bf
now ORAS is doomed with no
postgame like all the 3ds games
>>
File: ZUsMKN5.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
ZUsMKN5.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>33347446
No Emerald is the "definitive edition" of R/S.

>The ORAS came along, and not only didn't try to use the obvious improvements of Emerald, but took everything in RS, and made it worse

This is OBJECTIVELY wrong. R/S have been made obsolete now that Emerald AND ORAS exist. As I mentioned, things like the music, 3D models, character development, etc. are all better. To say ORAS took everything from RS and made it worse and that they are a downgrade from RS, you'd have to be either nostalgia blinded, trolling, or just plain stupid.
>>
>>33347521
Yes really. The fact that they brought exploration back to the series (which was then mostly removed in Sun/Moon) is reason enough as to why they're the best games since Gen 4.
>>
>>33348560
It didn't have any more exploration than XY or BW2 did.
>>
>>33348540
>R/S have been made obsolete now that Emerald AND ORAS exist.
Partly agree with this. ORAS is a big step up from RS in nearly every way, though I don't like how it skipped out on Emerald exclusives. Maybe it's just bias from having played many hours of Theta Emerald, but apart from the Frontier, things like having legendaries appear in Emerald locations such as Mirage Tower and Desert Underpass, or having event islands made into spots like Navel Rock and Faraway Island would have been great nods. Delta Episode is based on Emerald, why not include Juan, or add Gym Leader rematches? Maybe have you try to catch Zinnia through the old layout of the Sky Pillar, so not only do you get Rayquaza at the end, but you manage to work your way to get the lore.

And maybe this is just me, but I prefer roaming legends.

I don't really feel the same way about the music. Some tracks are better, but some aren't as appealing. The story is even sillier than it originally was, but Magma and especially Aqua definitely have better designs and more character. Things like the orbs actually having a purpose other than "shine light, wake up legend" is an improvement, yet things like retconning Sootopolis' origins is a minus.

For graphics, 3D models and environments are a new feature. There is no comparing models to sprites.
>>
File: 1493439687079.jpg (43KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493439687079.jpg
43KB, 720x720px
I'm playing Gen 3 (more specifically Emerald) for the first time and I'm grinding for Wattson now. I can definitely see the reasoning for the lower Gym Leader levels in ORAS, as they all had just enough challenge before Wattson's. But they really should have taken the new Exp. Share and whatnot into account, since I doubt I'd have to grind as much with that thing. Another thing I noticed is that the routes don't work in 3d at all. The gridlock style of walking leads to you encountering pokemon through much of route 110, but by moving diagonally you skip through pretty much half of it. This might have more to do with the encounter rate however, as I noticed I also met quite the variety through only two visits to Petalburg Woods, whereas in ORAS I had to run around and use the Dexnav a bit to find anything besides the Wurmple line. Oh, and I've also noticed how the warps are also used in the original as well. Thought all the complaints were weird for ORAS's use of them but maybe I'm just not that far in the game yet. On a different note I came up with a good idea of having the Battle Tents reappear in ORAS as upgraded from their Emerald concepts, or a downgraded BF facility. It would certainly be better than what we ended up with.
Small details I'd like to point out about Emerald are
>that map zoom on the cities
>those mesmerizing puddle ripples
>emphasis on nature through graphics and dialogue subtext (hard to think of examples right now)
>Mr Briney's boat's view
>no gates/loading screens
>can't run indoors
>Flash is an HM
>Game Corner has no worthwhile prizes for a good price besides dolls
>not all back sprites are garbage
>can't carry all your items
The Pokenav is a total conundrum though and I prefer the ORAS improvement. I haven't been able to rematch a single trainer even thought they keep calling me. I'm sure I'll find some other faults with due time though, but right now I'm really enjoying the game. Or at least I will be as soon as I beat Wattson.
>>
>>33348704
>There is no comparing models to sprites.
Sure there is. Why would you like stagnant 2D sprites more than 3D models with actual animations.

As for the roaming legendaries bit, I VEHEMENTLY disagree. Catching Legendaries is already a flawed mechanic. The fact that you can get a legendary Pokemon into red HP WITH a status condition and it can still eat through ULTRA BALLS like their M&M's is bad design enough, but having them FLEE makes it even worse. That's one of the things ORAS/XY/SunMoon actually did right with certain legendaries. If you get a Pokemon in red HP with a status ailment and you throw an Ultra Ball, it should be a guaranteed catch or at the very least 50/50.

And don't even start with the "B-BUT IT MAKES THE GAME MORE CHALLENGING!" nonsense, because it fucking doesn't. There's no challenge or skill in repeatedly pressing the "throw pokeball" option and hoping the RNG gods favor you. It's just tedious.

/rant
>>
>>33348806
To be fair, a lot, if not all, the things you mentioned, both positive and negative are pretty trivial.
>>
>>33348844
Yeah, I'm kinda half-blogging at this point. I get obsessed easily with new pokemon games.
>>
>>33346929
> No Trainer Hill.

Honestly, what is this again?
>>
>>33348806
Who's your starter? Wattson's only somewhat of an issue if you don't pick Mudkip. Even then, you can kind of get by since Grovyle doesn't care much about Shock Wave and Combusken can Double Kick Magneton. Manectric could be daunting though.
>>
>>33346929
>ORAS railroads you much more than even the original R/S did
the originals didn't railroaded you any more than any previous pokémon games
>>
>>33348889
>Manectric
That's what's causing the most trouble. I chose Torchic since I chose Treecko in alpha Sapphire and don't like Mudkip that much. I'm on a break from grinding but an idea hit be half an hour ago to give my Linoone a Cheri berry so it would be able to outspeed his Electrike. I've also learned how the physical/special attacks work in this gen but that doesn't help me much anyways.
>>
>>33348953
Just so you know, you can paralyze Electric-types in gen 3 so catching a dummy Elektrike and paralyzing his Manectric might make things easier. But yeah, Mudkip's generally easy mode for RSE. Absolutely stomps most of the game. If you don't get Mudkip the only available Ground-type at that point is Nincada who loses it upon evolving.

Something to note though is that Manectric can be completely cheesed by Shedinja.
>>
>>33348882
Battle facility rehashed from FRLG. Emerald technically had two battle areas- the Frontier and this.

It was a timed challenge where you tried to beat trainers in singles or doubles as fast as you can while going up floors, and depending on how well you did the owner on the rooftop would give you a gift item.
>>
>>33348969
Oh fuck. I caught a Ninjask but after all the trouble I had levelling up Poochyena (substituted it for Lotad + Flash and then back after it evolved into Lombre) I was afraid to switch members. It's one thing the new games are doing well now that I think about it. But my Electrike has Thunder Wave, it just always fainted before I reached Manectric. Might save it now though instead of just Quick Attacking everything. Man, I can't believe this game is actually making me strategize.
>>
>>33349020
Oh yea I remember that. Thanks for the answer anon.
>>
>>33349050
>Ninjask
Meant Nincada
>>
>>33347735
>Implying that figthing 2 lv 45 mons is harder than figthing 4 lv 42 mons

You can't be this dense
>>
>>33348812
>If you get a Pokemon in red HP with a status ailment and you throw an Ultra Ball, it should be a guaranteed catch or at the very least 50/50.
Again, I agree with this. There should definitely be an altered catch rate depending on the health of the pokemon.

What I actually enjoyed about them is the roaming part itself- having to corner it into an encounter, or even just the initial encounter popping up when you least expected it. Feels more fulfilling then just having it wait for you to arrive.
>>
>>33347309
Yes you can
>>
>>33347642
But basically that challenge was replaced with online play, which makes ORAS equally as replayable.
>>
>>33349690
If I want online play I can play XY or showdown.
>>
>>33349684
How? The entire point of you being in Dewford is to deliver that letter. In RSE you can go through Dewford Cave without Flash and skip Brawly entirely so long as you reach Steven.
>>
>>33349700
Then what's all this about replayability when the content is clearly there? I mean, yeah, the addition of the Frontier would have been cool, but it existed for replayability value, which would've been largely less impactful with the addition of online capabilities.
>>
File: 1501642526571.png (202KB, 536x464px) Image search: [Google]
1501642526571.png
202KB, 536x464px
>>33346929
ORAS were a mixed bag.

Good:
>Soaring meant you didn't have to lug around a flymon everywhere
>Between the infinite breed loop/Hatching Opower/hoards/blissey bases, it's never been easier to build a battle ready pokemon
>Delta Episode made Deoxys obtainable without an event finally
>Dexnav is great for building your team, and makes getting HA's earier, much more so than SoS horseshit
>Mirage Spots are better than waiting 5 years hoping for a Mirage island with a single pokemon and berry to appear
>Secret Bases are loads better than the originals
>Didn't have to go Normal>Super>Ultra>Master to get contest ribbons if you had already beaten that difficulty with another pokemon, making getting ribbons for other pokemon easier

Mixed:
>Berry Blending is automatic, though before you just had to hope the ai didn't keep fucking up your pokeblocks
>Sharpedo Surfs faster than every other pokemon, though that just heavily encourages having one as an HM slave even more, instead of just having everything Surf fast
>Safari Zone turned into a normal area, though chucking balls at something at 100% HP hoping you catch it before it runs wasn't fun anyways
>You can pretty much coast through all Contests by spamming Rainbow Pokeblocks and having at least one move with the right contest type

Bad:
>no game corner, not even a replacement, just a sign that says "GG"
>no battle frontier, even if palace was the worst thing ever made
>Tate/Liza are "Click Surf and Win" just like R/S
>region is still a wingullfest
>Granite Cave got cut down, which also rendered several pokemon unobtainable until Mach Bike
>generally just used R/S as a template instead of Emerald
I'd still rather play these games over SM anyday
>>
>>33349776
>Then what's all this about replayability when the content is clearly there

But it's not. Online isn't a subtitute for ingame replayable content. Especially when I can't even play online whenever I want because it's a fucking 3DS and not a phone.
>>
>>33347446
>>33346929
To be honest, I agree with OP.
That's Thats one thing I REALLY REALLY hate about GF, they leave too many threads dangling and do the bare minimum
HGSS didn't follow up on anything from FRLG, and instead were very much remakes of GS/sequels to RGB, instead of being follow ups to FRLG, and remaking Crystal.
But the FRLG shit is my main complaint.

ORAS, really should have implemented all the changes and additions Emerald made, and been Emerald remakes, even if it was still a split plot, like RS.

Meh, if being a Pokémon fan for 19 years has taught me anything; its that GameFreak is borderline incompetent
>>
>>33346929
>Wally auto-backtracks you to Mauville after you defeat Norman
No he doesn't. He gives you the option.
>>
>>33350153
I'd consider contest ribbons as a mixed point
Also game corner is literally just slots. Nothing of value was lost. Of all the cut content that was easily the least significant.
>>
>>33350267
ORAS having the ability to easily have been made with Emerald plot is what bothers me the most
>keep each team in their own version
>go summon Fug from sky pillar
>everyone retreats and you can catch box legend before E4, fug during Delta, other legend with both in your party post game
Also they needed more double battles
>>
>>33350329
no, it's forced. Many of the other auto-backtracking is optional (like May offering to bring you back to Mauville after saving Prof Cosmo), but Wally taking you to Mauville after beating Norman is 100% forced, at it fucking sucks
>>
>>33346929
we all know ORAS are the worst games in the series besides maybe DP, what else is new?
>>
>>33350374
Yeah
It's all just typical fuckwit lazy GameFreak
>>
File: 1503212069110.jpg (409KB, 923x998px) Image search: [Google]
1503212069110.jpg
409KB, 923x998px
Maybe I'm just blinded by nostalgia for the original R/S, but OR/AS is just bad in my eyes.
To me as a hardcore hoennfag it felt like they added things that didn't belong while removing things that just didn't needed to be changed like granite cave. Just a fuckton of tiny nuances annoyed the shit out of me too. Steven not saying "Now, bring it!", the whole bullshit that was added about hinting towards parallel universes to try and justify the game's existence in some metalore that doesn't need to be there, the game being visually unappealing to look at with the shitty gen 6 engine and taking space made for 2D and jamming it in 3D. They seem small but to me this shit adds up.

I understand that remakes in general are doomed to forever be between changing too much and not changing enough, but I actively disliked playing OR and was the first pokemon game where I didn't even bother to re-challenge the E4.
>>
>>33349058
Considering one of those is Xatu, and that 3 of them are downed by Surf, yeah.
>>
Goddamn, ORAS shills are just the worst.
>>
To be fair, I always preferred Wallace as Gym Leader and Steven as champion, as opposed to Juan as Gym Leader and Wallace as Champion.

And granted, it's not a mandatory capture, (since you could always go back after the game ends and try to recapture it,) but at the very least, Emerald made battling Rayquaza mandatory in order to progress in the game, which was not true in Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>33347217
>T-t-they're RS remakes! N-not Emerald remakes!!!
Shut up idiot, you know fully well that that's a bullshit argument. Emerald is a combined and updated Ruby/Sapphire, it's literally idiotic to not include its contents in the next update, being the remakes. A proper game developer would never update a game to v2, then by v3 remove everything v2 had as if it never even existed. You're retarded if you defend ORAS removing the Emerald content, Hoenn remakes should include all of Hoenn, not just cherrypick what they want and leave out what they're too lazy to include.

HGSS included Crystal's content as well.
>>
File: 1502538135322.jpg (431KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1502538135322.jpg
431KB, 3840x2160px
>>33350736
>Crystal's content
>>
>>33350737
The Suicune side quest is there, you can't deny that, along with the Extremespeed Dratini, you could argue the Battle Frontier as Crystal was the first game with a Battle Facility. There is also the expanded Ruins of Alph.
>>
>>33350799
>The Suicune side quest is there,
Yeah, that was the laughing face was for.
>>
File: 1498596371978.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1498596371978.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>33350629
>STOP BRINGING UP GOOD THINGS ABOUT GAMES I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33350736
Except it isn't you fucking moron. I don't give a flying fuck what HG/SS did with Crystal (which is overblown by Johtoddlers btw). The games were not marketed as Emerald remakes. Yeah, it's disappointing that they didn't bring some features back, but sorry that I'm not an assblasted fat fuck like yourself that's going to delude myself into thinking the games are horrible just because it doesn't have some post game features.
>>
>>33350632
>Emerald made battling Rayquaza mandatory in order to progress in the game,
You never battle it. You only scale an intact Sky Pillar and interact with it, after which it flies off to Sootopolis.
You only get to battle and capture it after the cutscene if you decide to head back to Sky Pillar.
>>
>>33350799
>ESpeed Dratini

Isn't it still only level 15 or so when you get it, at a time when your team is most likely 20 levels higher?
>>
>>33350355
>I'd consider contest ribbons as a mixed point
Is that because you get 1 ribbon per contest stat, not 4? Also, i realized i forgot to put "Delta Episode was full of flying around and was spoiled before release" under Bad
>>
>>33351603
Heh, what do I know, I played through the game's story a lifetime ago.
>>
In other news, water is wet
>>
>>33348812
>Sure there is. Why would you like stagnant 2D sprites more than 3D models with actual animations.
Depends. In the case of overworld trainers, I do prefer 2D sprites. This is because, with the more detailed and proportionate models, it gives the impression that they should be more animated than they are. With what we have, the models have very little animation outside of initial interaction, most of the time they stand completely still in one spot, frozen with the exception of the occasional blink. They honestly creep me out, and SM remedied this by having the overworld models at least appear to be breathing when they aren't encountered. With sprites, they're so simplified and confined to moving around a grid that I do not expect anything more from them and can easily substitute with my imagination. In the case of in-battle human sprites, it's more or less the same thing since both ORAS and RSE have mostly still images superimposed on a background send out pokeballs. Fully animated models are reserved for only a handful of characters.

With the pokemon it's a mixed bag. The models are fully animated, but that doesn't mean the animation itself is anything special. A lot of them are pretty boring where the pokemon simply shifts weight from side to side and nothing else. Move animations are pretty cool and well made in a good amount of cases, but RSE had their own way of employing unique animations that played across the battle stage and made the move look powerful and forceful, so I can't definitively say I prefer one over the other.

Models have consistency over sprites, which were hit and miss, but the limited movement of sprites forced the artists to come up with unique animations and poses. In most cases, it worked, and the sprites have a charm and power to them that not all models captured. Due to the lackluster animation a lot of models have, I genuinely prefer the short but meaningful animation the sprites had.
>>
ORAS is full of awesome features and content: both new content like DexNav, Soaring and Mirage Islands, and classic content that has been improved a lot, like Secret Bases, Contest Spectaculars, and the PokeNav Plus.

Also, the best thing about ORAS, is one that I rarely see mentioned: the way ORAS keeps its world alive, explorable and fresh after the maingame is over, unlike any other Pokemon game.

Despite all those positives, there are a few negatives that strongly annoy me, and bring down the whole experience for me. One is the lack of the BF. But the main negative for me is definitely the lack of gym leader rematches. Simply because the previous Hoenn game had them, the previous remake has them as well. So it's pretty inexcusable for ORAS not to have Gym Leader rematches...
>>
>>33346929
Nah.

You are just a faggot. Like everyone else here
>>
>>33346929
Maybe those people just don't care about all that shit you went out of your way to list?

???
> No Trainer Hill.
Listing these does not reflect well on you.
>>
>>33346929
Don't care, they improved the ones that were there
Don't care
> ORAS railroads you much more than even the original R/S did blah blah WORDS WORDS WORDS
Don't care
> Lati@s is now a mandatory capture. Rayquaza is also mandatory, right before you fight a Dragon user (how convenient!). etc.
Don't care
> Highly simplified Sky Pillar climb.
Good
Not even true
Don't care
Good
> No Trainer Hill.
Don't know what that is
> No Battle Frontier.
Don't care

At least in ORAS, it doesn't take eight frames to walk one tile. Get fucked, HGSSfag.
>>
>>33352145
All those points are insignificant shit. Except Trainer Hill, which is significant, but ORAS replaced it with Mauville Food Court and Battle Institute. So it still got a replacement in the remakes.
>>
ORAS is like a delicious Pizza, that you would've liked to have some extra cheese on, but even without it, it still is one of the tastier Pizzas you have tried.
>>
>>33346929
It's not an emerald remake
>>
>>33346929

>still complaining about ORAS almost 3 years later

Get over it already
>>
>>33346929

Just because Emerald was better doesn't mean ORAS is bad.
>>
>the lati gliding isn't even faster than just using the HM because every time you use it you have to watch the cutscene.
>>
>>33352333
No, it does actually. If a REMAKE is still worse than the ~10 year old game it's an utter failure as a remake and a bad game.
>>
>>33352363
Nope
>>
>>33346929
I liked them, better than Sun and Moon in my opinion
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
>>33352388
>better than Sun and Moon in my opinion
ORAS was bad and flawed, SM was a turd. It's not surprising you liked ORAS more really.
>>
>>33352394
>posting the bait one
>>
>>33346929
Oras failed to provide two things I wanted from it.
1. Multi online contest
2. More Steven.
Contests indeed were back with mega twist but simplified and Steven become a fucking bish.
>>
File: 1494773941437.jpg (935KB, 3362x1610px) Image search: [Google]
1494773941437.jpg
935KB, 3362x1610px
>>33346929
>> Doesn't use the vastly superior Gym Leader teams.
This is not emerald remake
>> Doesn't have Gym Leader rematches.
>> ORAS railroads you much more than even the original R/S did. You can no longer progress through Granite Cave until you beat Brawly, and you can't get to Slateport anymore until you talk to Steven. Wally auto-backtracks you to Mauville after you defeat Norman, when previously you were allowed to explore the west coast more freely after unlocking Surf.
So?
>> Lati@s is now a mandatory capture.
So you don't want to catch them?
Rayquaza is also mandatory, right before you fight a Dragon user (how convenient!). etc.
again you didn't want to catch it?
>> Highly simplified Sky Pillar climb.
Sky pillar was annoying and you know it
>> Highly simplified Regi hunt.
? I'm pretty sure its the same.
>> No Leichi Berry Mirage Island.
>> No Berry Crush mini-game.
Fair enough
>> No Trainer Hill.
>> No Battle Frontier.
>>
>>33352497
kek those bulge edit
>>
>>33352497
Mirage Island was in regular RS
>>
>>33352399
>ORAS are bad
Stale meme. Might as well post a doge picture while you're at it, champ.
>>
>>33352394
Always hilarious to see this.
>exaggerations, problems shared by other games, lies, truth and actual problems
>all in one
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (738KB, 1092x1610px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
738KB, 1092x1610px
>>
>>33352540
>I'll just say it's a meme, that makes it untrue!
>>
>>33352571
Because it is a meme, and it is untrue. This whole thread has detailed replies debunking it.
>>
>>33352583
Detailed, sure. Doesn't make them necessarily right.
>>
File: Johto_Route_48_HGSS.png (93KB, 767x542px) Image search: [Google]
Johto_Route_48_HGSS.png
93KB, 767x542px
>>33352559
>24 islands with Pokemon and items don't count
>this piece of shit does
Fuck off with your dumb picture.
>>
>>33352609
I didn't mean bad in that way, I meant it as in that it did bad things.
>>
>>33352638
It did, yes. But all Pokemon games have a few bad things. Except maybe BW2.
>>
File: 1420061643663.png (2MB, 1600x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1420061643663.png
2MB, 1600x1127px
ORAS was great, Emerald remake that improved upon it as much as ORAS did RS would be fantastic.
ORAS isn't an Emerald remake.
If you like it, good.
If you don't, tough shit.
>>
>>33352609
>but still good

Not really.
>>
File: 1384198726763.jpg (29KB, 220x208px) Image search: [Google]
1384198726763.jpg
29KB, 220x208px
>>33352756
Yep really.
Look, we can all play retard with opinions
>>
>>33352759
Show me where the BF is in ORAS.
>>
>>33352762
Show me where the BF is in RS
>>
>>33349700
That's not the same. You lose about half the "gameplay" that way
And simulators are not official or standard
>>
>>33352294
I like this analogy but if you've been in /ck/ you realize people on 4chan just love to complain and shit on other people's taste, not even pizza is safe
>>
>>33352294
But without those toppings that you have enjoyed over time, the pizza taste a little bland.
>>
I think those who dislike oras need to realize
That people who like it like it in spite of their flaws, not because of them
We agree on the main point of no battle frontier, I think
But I really liked the delta episode as a post game, rematches with wallace and shit is fun. I remember going around and rebattling other nearby trainers that were available for rematch, too.
>>
>>33352779
>You lose about half the "gameplay"

lol what? No I don't. Unless you think shitty graphics and move animations is ""gameplay"".
>>
The other remakes didn't have cosplay pikachu so how could they be better???
>>
>>33352897
Of course not, I meant actually making your team. Which is a part of the game.
>>
>>33352818
I agree.

>>33352832
If the game was a pizza without any cheese and topping, sure. But ORAS does have a good amount of cheese amd.topping, just slightly less than some people expected due to their pre release hype.
>>
Oras added several cool megas for deserving pokemon
What did the other remakes provide to the game as large? Some be tutor or egg moves, if I recall.
Designing and implementing new pokemon is a huge plus for a remake.
>>
>>33352907
Oh boo fucking hoo I miss out on the experience of riding a bike on a route for hours on end and hoping RNG gives me what I want, how horrible
>>
>>33352175
>I d-don't care and you are a hgssfag for some reason
Geez, ORASfags are really the worst. Also, many people who hated ORAS are the original Hoenn fans.
>>
>>33352980
Uh I wasn't saying you had to like it but that is undeniably part of the game
And I'd rather deal with that than a bunch of landorus in ou
>>
>>33353006
>Also, many people who hated ORAS are the original Hoenn fans.
So nostalgiafags. The worst type of fans. Those.who will criticize a good remake that has plenty of good new features only because it isn't 100% like the originals.
>>
>>33353066
>only because it isn't 100% like the originals.
That's not what he said.
>>
>>33353095
It's the truth, whether he said it or not.
>>
>>33346929
ORAS aren't bad remakes, they're bad games. It's not because they took shit out of the game they're not remakes of, it's because Hoenn as a whole always has been and always will be shit. That's why the Diamond/Pearl remakes are going to be molten liquid shit. Sinnoh is the only region worse than Hoenn.
>>
>>33353463
Those two regions are my favourite
I'm curious, which region do you like most?
>>
>>33353463
Bait. No region is worse than Unova/Kalos. Well Sinnoh might be, but at least Sinnoh tried something different (and failed spectacularly at it)
>>
>>33353688
Idk, I like backtracking (which is why johto is so fun to me after I get surf)
How exactly did sinnoh fail..?
>>
>>33353662
unovabortion, obviously
>>
>>33353743
Is that right?
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.