[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (52KB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
52KB, 460x210px
>>
>>33344850
I'm sure that's what your parents are thinking right now.
>>
>>33344850
You submitted the wrong image. It's okay anon we all make mistakes.
>>
the town map looks like fisher price designed it
>>
>>33344850
OP here meant to say What Went Right?
>>
>>33344850
This thread
>>
There was one seriously major problem with these games that they still have the potential to fix: They stopped selling it.
>>
>>33344877
(You)
>>
>>33344881
Delet this
>>
>>33344919
SHUT UP!!!!
(You)
>>
>>33344850
Too much high-quality content in one game; it makes the rest of the franchise look like garbage by comparison
>>
They put a lot of effort into trying to "fix" the one thing GSC did best, the aesthetics and presentation, and ruined them, while doing very little to fix the real flaws GSC did have.
>>
>>33344850
Being a gen 4 game.
>>
>>33344877
OP BTFO
>>
How many posts until a hoennbaby mentions the level curve meme?
>>
File: rhhksTc.png (901KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rhhksTc.png
901KB, 1920x1080px
>>33344850
>Didn't fix HGSS terrible distribution
>"New" Gen 2 Pokémon are hard as shit to find
>Kanto still felt like an empty waste of time
>The level curve is still one of the shittiest in the series
>Gen 4 engine

idk anon, I wonder what happended?
>>
>>33344976
This
>>
>>33345023
>>33345038

That was fast
>>
>>33345023
like clockwork, anon >>33345038
>>
File: gintokihugh.png (345KB, 918x720px) Image search: [Google]
gintokihugh.png
345KB, 918x720px
>>33344850
OVERRATED
Too much flaws from the original game remains.

What pisses me off the most is all these underleved normal npc trainers that you just want to skip...it's not funny.
Especially notable after ecruteak when you can go anywhere and where all the balance start to be really fucked up.

Cross-evolutions are not all included.

Didn't fixed the teams of most boss/gym leaders/e4 and the TR plot being still underwhelming af.

Also johtomons locations, phanpy is fucking lategame in the remake when it was at the start in crystal, unforgivable.
Remoraid also too late, when it could be just available way earlier.
And let's not talk about Houndour, it's not even in johto. (too hard to put it at route 36 or something?)

Fuck these games and all the faggots sucking it while ignoring all its flaws.
>>
>>33344850
Nothing, they were great.
>>
>>33344877
fpbp

op btfo into oblivion, no chance for recovery
>>
>>33345038
>>33345118
>maybe if I put someone drinking, they will care about my post
>>
>>33345139
kek, didn't see, it's a coincidence my dear anon
but it's not a reason to avoid my post
>>
Doesn't have connectivity with My Pokemon Ranch.
>>
>>33345151
No, the reason to avoid your post is the way you write.
>>
File: 1499474155816.jpg (30KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
1499474155816.jpg
30KB, 278x278px
>>33345161
Not a reason either...
>>
1. not 3d
2. still uses pixel art
3. no ride pokemon
4. no mega pokemon
5. no z moves
6. doesn't have rowlet
7. no battle tree
>>
>>33345151
the reason to avoid your post is because it's garbage, something you and your post share in common
>>
>>33345196
We are looking for flaws anon, not pros
>>
>>33345196
You forgot "no gen VI exp. share"
>>
>>33345211
and "not enough cutscenes"
>>
>>33344850
Johto is boring. Slow as hell. No options. Trainers aren't worth fighting since they give out zero exp anyway. Riddled with side features to distract you from how shitty of a region Johto is, but only Pokeathlon is any good.

At least Kanto is great. Legitimately the best part of the game. Postgame rematches, battle frontier, etc.

Too bad you have to wade through a ton of boring stuff to get there
>>
>>33345199
You're still avoiding the discussion
Why is it garbage? because ESL?
>>
>>33345209
I posted flaws that is what op asked for stupid asshole
>>
>>33345275
>1. not 3d
pro
>2. still uses pixel art
pro
>3. no ride pokemon
pro
>4. no mega pokemon
pro
>5. no z moves
pro
>6. doesn't have rowlet
PRO
>7. no battle tree
pro
>>
>>33344850
Pokemon distribution. Great variety but the distribution and encounter rates are shit-tier like in gen 7. Also a chunk of the game has you fighting under leveled shitmons which is boring. Finally, there's the forced legendary encounter (I think this is the case in HGSS, I can't completely remember) that was added, and the shitty gen 4 engine in general.
>>
>>33344850
I miss when these were just mod bait threads because people would play that one browser game or whatever instead of discussing HG/SS.
>>
>>33345401
I said they are flaws stupid asshole
>>
>>33345513
Are you 12?
Wait, let me guess. Sun & Moon were your first and only Pokémon games (and maybe Pokémon Go) and you think /vp/ makes you cool.
>>
>>33344850
OP this entire board circle jerks around gen 2, this was a great bait thread
>>
>>33345599
I've been a pokemon fan all my life asshole
>>
>>33345761
Not much since you're 12
>>
Literally the last great Pokemon game. :(
>>
the post above is objective truth of how HGSS is bad
>>
File: guz.png (156KB, 699x1050px) Image search: [Google]
guz.png
156KB, 699x1050px
>>33345682
that's sad
i feel like i'm talking to kids
literally the only games here where people are ignoring its flaws
>>
There are flaws, but the games are still some of the best Pokémon games.
>Can't TURN OFF walking Pokémon
This should have been optional. It's a cool feature to have, but I don't always want to be followed around. Sometimes I want to send my first Pokémon out in a Poké Ball.
>Game Corners in international versions
I don't care if Voltorb Flip is "better", it's disingenuous to the actual Gold and Silver, and it's in a tiny generic house instead of a unique facility. I loved going to the Game Corner in Silver because of the music, and it helped make Goldenrod City more memorable.
>Not improving Gym Leaders teams
They got level boosts and better moves and their rematch teams are great, but there are more fundamental changes required. Why do Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, and Chuck not use Gen II Pokémon in their initial battles? Give Falkner Noctowl as his main, or give Bugsy Heracross, Shuckle, Yanma, or Pineco. Give Morty a Misdreavus at least and Chuck a Hitmontop. Jasmine could also stand to have a Skarmory, Pryce could have Delibird, and Clair something other than three Dragonair. The levels could go higher than the original, because Lance at level 50 max is annoying. None of this applies to rematch teams, but make the main game decently challenging.
>Level curve
It is more than a meme. B2W2 is how you do it right.
>GB Sounds
Should have been available earlier in the game (maybe as a PokéGear app) because you do miss out on certain tracks by getting it at the very end.
>Forms page on the Pokédex
This problem was only finally fixed with Sun and Moon, but it was a gradual improvement up until then and should have been in since Diamond and Pearl. You should be able to switch between the form shown in your Pokédex instead of having the first one you sent be your default. If you saw a female Pikachu first, it would always be the picture you see. And there's no need to have male and female pages for Pokémon without gender differences.
>>
>>33346086
>Location-based evolutions
Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, and Probopass shouldn't be exclusive to Sinnoh. Silver should have Magnezone and Weavile as well for his final team.

Contrary to what you might hear from most complaints, I don't have any issues with certain Gen II Pokémon only being available in Kanto. Maybe in HGSS, it would have been better to have all new cross-generation evolutions included in the New Pokédex (minus evolutions for Pokémon that were introduced in Gen III)
>>
I'd be willing to bet kiddos who complain about the level curve (even though any singleplayer pokemon game is piss easy and the levels as they are now shouldn't matter) also complain that the newer games are too linear
The levels are off-kilter so you can do the middle part of the game (and massive postgame) in any order you like without getting raped by super overlevelled NPCs
>>
>>33344850
It didn't handle hold me as much as SuMo.
>>
>>33344850
too perfect
>>
>>33344850
It doesn't have Sylveon.
>>
>>33344850
made the Swarm option strictly postgame so you have to deal with 1% Marill and Yanma encounters.
>>
THE LEVEL CURVE IS AN ISSUE
>Hurr Durr git gud
THAT IS NOT THE POINT AT HAND YOU STUPID JOHTODDLERS! WHEN THE GAMES LEVELS MAKE SOME ARBITARY RETARD ROLLER COASTER AS FROM MIDGAME TO RIGHT UP TO THE E4, THE LEVELS RANGE FROM EARLY 20's TO MID 30'S! GAMES LIKE THE UNOVA GAMES DO IT RIGHT BECAUSE ITS A STEADY INCREASE FOR THE WHOLE GAME, EVEN THOUGH BW1'S ENDGAME IS FRANKLY THE SAME AS GEN 2! THEN WE GOT THE KANTO PORTION WHICH LITERALLY RANGES FROM EARLY 30's TO THE HIGH 60'S AND THEN RED IS SUDDENLY IN HIS MID 80's! NOW WE REFER TO THE "git gud" WHERE THAT DOESN'T MEAN JACK SHIT AS GOLEM AND GYARADOS DESTROY 98% OF HGSS AND EACH OF THEM CAN BE FOUND EARLY GAME!
>>
>>33349722
>t. baddie
stfu and get good retard :)
>>
>>33349729
yeah yeah, heres you're reply.
>>
>>33349722
Are you saying the issue is that because the level curve is sort of fucked you end up fighting underleveled shitmons for a huge chunk of the game to the point where it can be boring? Because that's my complaint with it.
>>
>>33345118
Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>33345118
>Being this contrarian

>Look mom, I'm cool on the internet
>>
While it fixed the majority of the problems with Johto it didn't touch on the power-creep/level curve enough and I also think the distribution of Johto Mons could've been improved past what they did. Fantastic games though.
>>
>>33344850
phone calls and phone rematches were kept and were extremely limiting and annoying
no vs seeker like in sinnoh too

also lance's retarded dragonite and altaria in the rematch battle
>>
>>33344850
no post game kimono grills with leafeon & glaceon double battle instead of the onix & cloyster meme couple :^(
>>
File: Fantastic Bonjour.jpg (69KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Bonjour.jpg
69KB, 480x512px
The levels are an issue, but not for the reasons most people use. The real problem is that many of the wild mons you'll get after reaching Ecruteak don't get any stronger than they do before. This means that any new member of your team has a lot of catching up to do, whereas in the past gens they only need some leveling to get up to speed with everyone else. This becomes even worse in Kanto too, where wild Pokemon still use levels based on RBY encounters, so a new mon that's either exclusive there or much easier to get there will be far lower than anything else, whether it be opponents' teams or your own Pokemon.
BW2 shares the Unova region from BW1, but it is much better in terms of levels. Wild Pokemon's levels have been adjusted so that they are based on where you encounter them in the game. Route 1 now houses high-leveled Pokemon, which is around equal to where the player is in the game.

There's also tiny issues like Headbutt being a field move but unavailable as a TM, when it was readily available in Gen II among other things.
>>
>>33349988
also the same problem that triggers me in other following games as well
trainers and grunts with zubat and rattata at level 30+
literally why
>>
>>33349988
Isn't Headbutt an unlimited-use tutor move?
>>
>>33350008
it is, i don't know why is she got triggered by something actually useful
but purchasing lot of headbutt tms without having to come back to the forest was also okay
>>
>>33350008
Just checked, and it is. I guess that slipped my mind, thanks for the clarification.
>>
File: sweetie.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sweetie.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>33345227
>At least Kanto is great. Legitimately the best part of the game. Postgame rematches, battle frontier, etc.

Um sorry sweetie, but the Battle Frontier is near Olivine, which is in Johto
>>
>>33349722
ok
>>
>>33344976
Abso-fucking-lutely this.

Morimoto knew damn well what he was doing. The seemingly minor behind the scenes shit he's done are some of the things that made the series as lasting as it has been. Unfortunately it seems Masuda and friends know how much better he is than them and thus don't let him do anything anymore.
>>
>>33345038
>>The level curve is still one of the shittiest in the series
Sure, if you think the game ends when you beat the league and not at Red.

In reality, it's a perfectly reasonable curve when you include the whole game like you should.
>>
>>33350061
That makes it better but Red is still super overleveled in that regard.
>>
>>33350037
Too bad you can't access it till you've been to Kanto

Johto is below shit tier
>>
>>33345118
>Fuck these games and all the faggots sucking it while ignoring all its flaws.
>Implying every other game isn't more flawed for lacking shit as opposed to these where even Morimoto admits people working on it questioned why he'd go so far for a remake.

It being so feature filled and in a time before there were EVEN FUCKING MORE features introduced and then dropped for no reason makes it an easy sell as best game.
>>
File: 1494794404768.jpg (194KB, 1080x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1494794404768.jpg
194KB, 1080x1160px
>>33350154
Features Features Features...
Eh, I don't really care about all their "shit" like you're saying, they didn't help that much for the main experience of the game.
It's maybe fun five minutes, that's it.
Beside, they would say anything to sell more their games, you know it. (Recently the alola photo club)
In my eyes it's clearly a fucking red herring.
Instead they should have focused more on the roots of the game.
>>
>>33344850
7 oran berries for the seal case
7 ORAN BERRIES
>>
File: IMG_3048.jpg (50KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3048.jpg
50KB, 960x507px
>>33349920
>>
>>33345401
Mega Evolutions are too cool for school though Anon kun
>>
>>33344850
Didn't fix the original's issues at all. Level scaling is still shit. Kanto is still mostly neutered even though they have more than enough cartridge space. Some Johto Pokemon still aren't accessible until you beat the Elite 4. Inferior remixes. That overcomplicated shitheap of a Safari Zone that literally no one used fully. Didn't even bother integrating Gen 4 evolutions properly or giving access.
>>
Voltorb Flip. I'd rather not be forced to play some shitty Sudoku Minesweeper hybrid because some European moms got mad.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.