[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Ideas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 1487169549303.png (98KB, 664x210px) Image search: [Google]
1487169549303.png
98KB, 664x210px
Post any ideas you've brainstormed for the games, whether it be something new, an improvement upon an existing idea, or something else.
I'll start with some.
>expanded pokedex with everything from Pokedex 3D Pro
>pokeball transfer machine
>pokeride replaced with key items
>end of battle rankings; think sonic ranks
>malasadas reworked to be like poffins/pokeblocks
>custom PC box wallpapers
>>
I predicted Mega Evolution and Z-Moves 1 year after Platinum was released.
>>
>>33343780
screencaps or it didnt happen
>>
>>33343780
I predicted Alolan Forms around the same time
>>
>boss rush mode
>futuristic game where the evil team uses robots and mechs to fight you
>all megastones become a single key-item which can be given to a compatible pokemon, in which it transforms into their mega stone
>100% completion rewards
>multiple save files
>new game+
>different wild pokemon battle music depending on the area you're in
>>
>>33343662
>end of battle rankings
>>33344684
>new game+

Explain
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>33344958
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Game_Plus
>>
>>33344684
>>all megastones become a single key-item which can be given to a compatible pokemon, in which it transforms into their mega stone
Maybe but, what if you still had to "unlock" certain megas
>>
File: monochrome spinda.jpg (74KB, 680x443px) Image search: [Google]
monochrome spinda.jpg
74KB, 680x443px
bump
>>
Postgame.
>>
Came here with a great anticipation but all I just saw was
>multiple save files

.. and garbage.
>>
6 v 6 horde/war trainer battles
>>
>>33345908
Real nice one!
>>
>>33343662
Multiple regions.
>>
>>33346317
+ With their own starters!
>>
>>33345908
do you enjoy playing games at 5fps?
>>
>>33343662
>end of battle rankings
If you could view the rank of every single battle you can bet your ass I'd save abuse the game way too much to get the best rank every time
>>
File: 1457693698403.jpg (7KB, 287x298px) Image search: [Google]
1457693698403.jpg
7KB, 287x298px
>threads like these get few replies
>a thread on how much people want to fuck vaporeon gets over a hundred
>>
There you go, my shit opinions for my shit needs

-Mega Evolutions for ALL of the missing starters and Psuedo-Legendaries!

-Give trainers skateboards instead of roller skates, bicycles or running shoes.

-Multiple choice option for PokéGear, Xtransciever or Holo Caster

-MORE cameo characters from older games.

-LESS Time travel involved storyline.

-At least 2 new Eeveelutions who are supereffective to each other (Or more?)
>>
>>33344684
>>all megastones become a single key-item which can be given to a compatible pokemon, in which it transforms into their mega stone
They're separate items because of item clause.
>>
>>33347085
Give replies and make more of these threads, anon. Set the example you want to see.

>>33347213
Yes on the Mega-evos and Eeveelutions. Just complete the sets, Gamefreak!
>>
>>33347272
Go away Richard
>>
>>33347229
And because then Gamefreak gets to make distributions of them, like for SM.
>>
>>33347289
What? Where did I even quote the Pokedex, dude?
>>
>>33347289
(You)
>>
>>33347289
t. newfag
>>
>Expanded NG+ Story (with character development/futures)
>Romance/Amour Storyline, anyone?
>>
>>33343662
I want a region where the focus is on variety of battle styles.

Not just single battle mode. Doubles, triples, rotation, sky, auto terrain/hazard battlefields, etc.

Mix it up.
>>
>>33347976
How? With what addition(s)?
>>
>game based in las vegas with a jazzy soundtrack
>kanto remake with 3 save files where you can play in the past as oak, as red/blue/leaf in the present, or lillie and hau in the future
>game based on holon from the tcg
>>
>>33343662
>More regional forms, especially of non-gen-I pokemon. even better, throw in some non-alolan regonal forms (sinnoh forms in a gen IV remake, for example)
>More ribbons.

>>33347976
Shit like this. it's one of the things that made Orre interesting.

>Replayability. Vs Seeker, Rematches with important figures (story, gym leaders, etc)

>orderless gyms. have multiple teams, with the team you fight being based on how many badges you have. (routes might restrict you, but having some flexibility can't hurt.)
>>
Havinh your own Gym/E4 in NG+ as the Champion?
>>
I want a spinoff brawler with a small roster in exchange for every available mon getting a unique set of skills.
>mon with a weapon plays like a DMC-lite
>mon who fights by grappling & tossing enemies around
>projectile-shooting mon that plays like a twin-stick shooter

Amiibos unlock exclusive characters. Cry for me, poorfags.
>>
>>33343662
>Completely personal opinion, but I would like to go back to the DS Black/White graphics as opposed to the frame drops in the last few games

Choose your own starting region

Ability to move onto all other regions after the Elite four

Scaling difficulty. If you started in Sinnoh and go to Kanto, Brock is going to have level 50 pokemon

Actual battle AI that has teams that at least cover 1-2 weaknesses without breaking cannon

Your fame gets to you, as in if you're cool with people then Cynthia and friends will take notice,on the other side, Team Rocket and friends will take note. I think it'd be cool if you got to Hoenn and Archie recognizes you as the guy who helped Giovanni steal Silph Co. tech. And then later, Cynthia tries to stop you with a full lvl 100 team regardless of whether or not you're ready for it.
>>
This was more of an "lol how will this affect muh meta" shitpost, but:
>Add a new set of Natures that affects HP (10 percent?)
>Also another neutral nature because why not?
>The related flavor is Savory

Also:
>Adding multiple alternate color schemes and/or patterns with varying rarities to all Pokémon a la Magikarp Jump
>>
>>33343662
>end of battle rankings; think sonic ranks
My autism would literally prevent me from playing the games if this was the case. I could never get into Mega Man Zero because it graded you the entire game, and I kept resetting for perfect performance to keep a high ranking instead of just enjoying the game.
>>
>>33348365
Maybe make it something only for a boss rush or something similar, then.
>>
>>33346371
>implying the switch cant handle that at 30fps an min
>>
>>33346317
>>33348360
I used to scoff at people who said they want a pokemon game with multiple regions, but after Super Mystery Dungeon came out, I'd expect Gamefreak to troll us with
>You can go to every region
>Loljk you can only explore a tiny hub and a few generic dungeons that weren't there originally
Yes, I know game freak didn't make Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>Golden versions of Gym Badges, to be awarded after post-game as gym rematches
>The battles are in Flat Rules but 6x6, level downscaled to 50. Gym leaders use their full strength, like in their Super PWT sets in BW2
>You can only challenge each gym once per day (Optional, but I think it'd up the stakes and raise tension/immersion in a good way)
>>
>achievements for battle facilities
>online co-op mode for battle facilities returns
>>
>>33343780
I predicted poket monster when Nintendo was still a toy company. Get on my level pleb.
>>
>>33343662
Following Pokemon integrated with Pokemon Refresh/Amie. Makes use of dynamic backgrounds on 3DS hardware and can be toggled on and off.
>>
>>33347976
If GF just added a dubs option that made every possible battle a double battle it would create a lot more replayability
>>
>>33348554
I predicted Nintendo before before Fusajiro Yamauchi existed
>>
>>33344684
>>multiple save files
>>new game+
>>different wild pokemon battle music depending on the area you're in

I've been hoping for this forever, but it's never gonna happen. At least the new game+ and multiple save files. I doubt we get different music, but at least that one is open.
>>
>new battle mechanic called attributes
>basically mini-abilities, not all pokemon have them, some pokemon have multiple
>usually to help some shitmons or give certain mons an extra little oopmh to help them
>many pokemon have unique attributes that expand on their lore/dex entries a bit or add to it
>mostly for facing certain pokemon or using certain moves
>legendaries get the most OP attributes to set them above the rest
Here's some examples, since I feel like those will help explain it better:
>Unbreakable: Screens can't be broken in the first two turns of their use.
>Crash Landing: Takes 50% less damage from High Jump Kick recoil.
>Earplug: Takes 20% less damage from sound-based moves.
>Street Smart: Immune to flinching from Fake Out, but takes 50% more damage from it.
>Cat Landing: Takes 20% less damage from Sky Drop.
>Resent: Moves deal more damage against Pikachu or Pokemon similar to it. (20%) (Mimikyu)
>Spoils of War: Boosts the accuracy of itself and allies for each KO they inflict. (10%) (Victini)
>Beast Killer: The Pokemon deals more damage against Ultra Beasts. (20%) (Silvally)
>Shock Absorber: This Pokemon slowly absorbs Electric Terrain, reducing Electric Terrain's time on the field. (5 turns to 4, 8 turns to 6) (Xurkitree)
What does /vp/ think? I'm not too happy about some of these, and I'd like to take some feedback and criticism so I can make them better.
>>
File: ancient cave.jpg (263KB, 1772x996px) Image search: [Google]
ancient cave.jpg
263KB, 1772x996px
Island safari
>Travel by boat to a randomly generated island dungeon
>similar to the safari zone you get 30 safari balls
>unlike the safari zone you get to enter with up to 3 pokemon
>islands are conformed by an X number or rooms with wild pokemon that escalate levels the more you move forward
>There's trainers as well, they use the same pokemon that appear in the island
>you get to use the pokemon you catch immediately (safari balls heal them)
>No heal rooms, just items you find, the best way to recover is to capture new pokemon and send the weakened to the PC
>you don't lose by using all the safari balls, only by blacking out or getting to the last room and beating the boss
>the boss is either a strong trainer or a totem battle
>completing the island grants you lots of BP
>you can share the island with others by codes/QR
>>
>>33348980
that's pretty neat
>>
judging by the amount of replies this thread has, /vp/'s not very creative
>>
File: tumblr_nnbf5aba9i1qbcsofo1_1280.png (601KB, 1280x1187px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnbf5aba9i1qbcsofo1_1280.png
601KB, 1280x1187px
>Breeding variant forms
I'd prefer simple aesthetic stuff like this over Alolan forms. Typing and movesets stay the same but there's just more collectionism value to breeding.

>PC management from any area
You can organize your PC from maybe your pokedex or whatever gimmick device but you can't transfer party pokemon. Good for overlooking pokemon you recently caught or fixing up boxes without being forced to fly to pokemon centers.

>Personal Pokemon Ranch
Almost exactly the same as the current transportation system but you personally have to catch pokemon for transportation, selecting eligible pokemon for certain roles like surfing, flying and riding and putting them in a neat ranch or something. Widen the pool of cool cutscenes and riding animations. Get rid of that shitty uniform and theme. Might be really graphically demanding though.

Probably a lot of other ideas that I cant remember but
>Bring back every perfectly useful feature from previous games and keep them in future games
Gamefreak needs to STOP SCRAPPING GOOD FEATURES after only a single fucking generation, tired of that shit.
>>
Inventory weight management and an upgraded ui for the PC to make planning for trips out in to the world more challenging and immersive

A ranch where you can interact and with up to 30 of your Pokemon
>>
Main campaign

>Non linear path with minimal narrative. Gyms scale accordingly
>Over 100 new mons with a 300 to 350 dex size
>Rivals work like optional bosses where you don't have to beat them to progress until a certain point. So in return, they are very tough to beat.
>Victory Road is replaced with a League format similar to the anime.
>Player gets key items in place of riding pokemon and hms. Such as a raft, axe, flash light.
>There are also vehicles like boats, buses to traverse the region to places you explored

Post Game

>Versus calls where certain trainers you defeated without taking damage call you up for special one on one battles. They give you a random move tutor if you defeat them. The tutor is better the stronger the trainer was. Can range from champions to first route npc.
>Special festival plaza with all the side mini games from previous games. Includes contests, musicals, pokeathlon, poke stars studios, etc.
>Memory link returns, allowing you to sync up all DS and upwards pokemon games to the new game.
>Enhanced PWT with extra rulings from Battle frontier like rentals. Includes all major characters, from protagonists who's teams are based on your memory link file to even certain team bosses that are available. (No Cyrus, Ghetsis, or Lysandre for one)

Megas

>Give megas to the remaining starters, pseudos and to more gen 4, 5 and 6 mons.

Miscellaneous

>Animated cutscenes in place of 3d ones. And include voice acting in them
>Have all future credits work like ORAS, showing key moments with your pokemon during your adventure
>PC management can be done anywhere on the map
>Eggs can hold certain items. Some can even speed up the process of hatching without taking a step
>Nickname pokemon get a different hue like in the Stadium games
>Trainers react to their pokemon getting attacked
>There's an option in the PC management to class pokemon in alphabetic, height, weight and dex number. This makes pc management far more convenient
>>
>>33348641
I predicted Japan before Pangea separated. Bow to me scrubs
>>
>>33350650
Predicted the Universe before Big Bang. Get on my level, crud...
>>
For years I wanted Pokemon to have trainable traits. Every species would have a pool of specific traits that would basically work as lite-abilities, stuff like increased resistance to a certain type, increased type of damage, increased stat and other small stuff like that. The idea was to balance Pokemon, so weaker species would have a greater number of active trait slots than top tier mons. Traits themselves would be unlockable through small quests, "beat X of Y", "level up in certain area", "get hit by Z type number of times" etc.
I thought it could balance things more and make each Pokemon actually different, but at this point there are far too many Pokemon for this to be feasible.
>>
File: 2010-02-22-219-Moveset.jpg (255KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
2010-02-22-219-Moveset.jpg
255KB, 900x630px
Let's blow off the META and whole Battle System of Pokémon
>Simple and NATURAL Physical Attacks like Tackle, Scratch, Dig, Bite, Headbutt etc. has no PP
(What, did animal forgot how to bite??)

>Also all other elemental Sp.Atk Attacks like Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Zen Headbutt and HM's have more limited PP

(What, did you thought that Pikachu was a Nuclear Plant for electricity with unending source?)
>>
>>33351117
>has no PP but regenerating Stamina.
There, tried to fix your shit but it is still shit.
>>
>>33348980
best one so far
>>
>>33343662
A sort of New Game Plus feature that Game Freak can implement without reinventing much, that is giving you the ability to put some Pokemon from your previous playthrough in a "capsule" before you reset the game, so you can gather at your Pokemon Center as you progress, depending on the level of the Pokemon and the badges/trials you have earned.

Obviously a proper New Game+ would be much more fun, with every gym leader having an Elite Four tier team and at last see which is the true potential of the leaders at the first gyms.
>>
>>33348795
Interesting. Not sure if some are a bit too specific.
Do like the idea though, it makes Pokemon more unique, which is a nice touch.
>>
I want a game kinda like Sonic Generations, where you journey through an expanded Kanto in the near future, but can warp at certain locations to the highlights of all the other regions, like the Bell Tower, Mossdeep City, My. Coronet, N's Castle, etc. Also, be able to catch all Pokemon within the game.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.