[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best starter trio of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (70KB, 1024x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 1024x488px
I've honestly never been able to decide which one is the best, they're all simple yet effective in design through all stages, cute first stage, awkward yet love able midstage and awesome powerful looking final stage.

I feel like each can also fill a role competitively quite well along with being great mons for the storyline.

>Meganium bulky/supportive can set screens, terrain, stall with seeds, reliable recovery.

>Typhlosion is an all out special attacker, scarf eruption hits hard, decent speed that can be boosted with sash flame charge, decent coverage with Focus Blast, Extrasensory and Solar beam.

>Feraligatr powerful sheer force+dragon dance boost then murder (I shouldn't even need to explain this one)

They each also have feasible designs that seem like they could actually exist in the Pokemon world and function as realistic living organisms.

I really can't find anything wrong with any of them they're all really the perfect example of how starters should be.
>>
>>33342325
Literally the most boring and forgettable trio
>>
>>33342340
Fag
>>
>>33342325
Feraligatr is my favorite of this trio, but there's not one that I dislike
I love this trio, and I love that none have a secondary typing.
This is my favorite complete trio because out of all the others, there's always one or two that I dislike.
>>
>>33342340
This. Even Gen 1 doesn't look as bland.
>>
They're simple, but that also means they are not overly-designed or pinned to a single idea. And it's the only time we've had three mono-starters
>>
>>33342340
Just like you and your siblings.
>>
>>33342340
Speaking in terms of design, I have to agree. Feraligatr is pretty good, but Typhlosion is overrated and Meganium is probably the most forgettable starter design in the series.

No starter trio is terrible, and none is perfect. But I'd have to put Johto at the bottom of the list.
>>
>>33342340
>>33342359
>>33342404
t. Sinnohfetuses
>>
>>33342325
>Meganium bulky/supportive can set screens, terrain, stall with seeds, reliable recovery.
Serperior does the same thing but 10x better. Meganium is not worth it PERIOD.

>Typhlosion is an all out special attacker, scarf eruption hits hard, decent speed that can be boosted with sash flame charge, decent coverage with Focus Blast, Extrasensory and Solar beam.
Probably the most one-dimensional Fire starter. 90% of fire types get Solar beam so its not that big of a deal. And no, Extrasensory is not "good" coverage. Why not use Delphox who has better speed, has Calm Mind access, and can mess up special tanks with STAB Psyshock? Focus Blast is it's only passable coverage. Too bad its never guaranteed to hit. Also, it is the only Fire starter that is the most vulnerable to Dragons, so it's coverage is not even that decent.

And did you just say fucking SASH Flame Charge? If your this desperate to make use of Blaze just run SubPetaya w/Flame Charge and special Fire move. It's not a perfect set, but better than relying on a fucking Sash when Poison status would laugh at this strat.

>Feraligatr powerful sheer force+dragon dance boost then murder (I shouldn't even need to explain this one)
The only passable one of the trio. To bad people prefer using Gyarados.
>>
>>33342340
fpbp
>>
Neither are my favourite trio, but I'd definitely say that one of the ends of our starter spectrum has the best trio in terms of performing their roles as starters.
Kanto's are the most universally recognisable, and not just because of being them being the originals, but because each of their lines have very clear inspirations and themings that are easily picked up and translated between creation and consumer. This causes them to have the most mass appeal and allow more people to enjoy their particular choice with alienation. They're easily distinguishable from each other while also retaining a connecting feel as a trio, and their roles in battle are quite easily guessed from their appearance.
Alola's are the most extreme in terms of approach, polar to the Kanto ones. Instead of being open to everyone, they're a lot more focused on their specific appeals and design styles. This causes them to have an incredibly strong presence and allows a much more in-depth connection between the creation and consumer, which results in a more passionate and loving relationship. They're not for everyone, but the people that they are for get more worth out of their designs than any of the ones before them and, being starters who are supposed to stand out and be partners for life, this is a good quality to possess.
>>
>>33342340

This is actually true

>>33342355
>>33342419
>Pokémon UltraSalt.jpg
>>
>>33342340
This guy is right.
>>
>>33342340
Feraligatr is my favorite starter of all time but this is pretty correct. I don't get why Gamefreak made them all monotype in a gen where they wanted to showcase two new types.
>>
>>33342340
1 and 5 are the only trio that are all decent. Infernape, Swampert, Incineroar, and Chesnaught bring theirs down. And the only decent Johto was Typhlosion which got raped in the ass by 3D.
>>
>>33342939
>Infernape, Swampert bring theirs down
Nah, they were the best starters competitively at their time.
>>
>>33342939
>5
5 is balanced because they all suck
>>
>>33342939
Unova starters are absolutely hideous
>>
>>33343000
>they all suck
One's in BL, which is way higher than any Gen 2 starter. The rest are in the same tiers.
>>
>>33343035
Serperior was considered the worst starter up until it got Contrary. The other two were shit at the time and still are, competitively.
This is not a trio were "all are decent".
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.