[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Fan Pokemon Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Potamus.jpg (16KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
Potamus.jpg
16KB, 280x210px
Hello /vp/. Pic unrelated. I'm a game developer who has been working on my own pokemon fan game off and on for awhile. The basic idea was to make something like the original or main series games but include all regions/pokemon. Along with my own updates to battling, balance and pokemon and environment interaction. After the release of Pokemon Go and being fairly disappointed by it, I've considered expanding my game with AR technology.

I've worked out most of the mechanics. Somethings I'd like to develop more but the core system I have in mind is figured out. Inputting all information for the database is the hard part. Then art, animations, etc. The game is far from complete though.

I'm coming here to ask you anons for your opinion on what would make a really great pokemon game. What features do you want included or think are must haves for a Pokemon game? What would you consider the best combination of Go and a main series title.

Feel free to ask any questions. There are some details I may not want to share or could be changed later. But some things I'll say to give a picture:

>no megas
>phone camera like a pokedex scanner
>Alolan versions for different regions (ie a Kanto Caterpie can be different from a Sinnoh Caterpie)
>Orange League, contests, training at gyms and festivals
>Countries have their own regions
>Kind of a Monster Ranch battling system where you order your pokemon to move and attack with their response effectiveness related to your bond with them
>Pokemon can learn more than 4 moves
>>
>>33341237
Great ideas, but how are you planning to implement augmented reality into such a game?
>>
>>33341249
Players can use their phones to scan the area around them to find Pokemon in the wild. They could be out in the open or hidden. What you find depends on where you are.
>>
Wow this is interesting!

Is that a hippo a new pokemon design! I love the color palette and expressive face. What's it's type and name if you do not mind me asking?

- Margie
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.