[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3085.jpg (52KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3085.jpg
52KB, 800x450px
Is anyone else upset that crabrawler got a shit evolution. I really had my hopes up for my brocrab but then GF ruined its evo with a bad design and shit second typing. Would they release a proper version for crabrawler given they gave a 3rd dog evo for USUM
>>
>>33341163
I was as disappointed as you are, anon. Fuggin icefighting crab could be a badass yeti crab, but nah, let's give it down syndrome instead and shaft it somewhere at the end of the game
>>
>>33341188
It's dex entry isn't much better.

"It aimed for the top, but got lost and grew hair"

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK DOES "IT AIMED FOR THE TOP" EVEN MEAN
>>
>>33341163
I love hit. It's big, bad and ugly, it's a proper monster, not some cute or edgy shit, and for an in-game use it's amazing
>>
>>33341197
It means Cravrawler always wanted to go higher and found Ice Mountain
>>
>>33341163
just give it more evos

Crabducter (Dark)
Crabyssal (Water)
Crabolisher (Rock)
Crabnormal (Ghost)
Crabhorrent (Poison)
Crabrogator (Dragon)
Crabstract (Psychic)
Crabeyant (Ground)
>>
>>33341197
coconut crabs like to climb trees. crabrawler looked past the trees and instead saw a mountain. also it's a boxer and boxers aim for the top.
>>
>>33341197
it means it's a failed boxes with down syndrome, basically
"it aimed for the top" means that as a phrase, it wanted to be the best crab boxer but it sucks so much that it became a down syndrome crab that grew autistic hair
>>
so i been away for most of Sun and Moon metagame but isnt almost all the pokemon from this gen just failures in almost every way stat wise and lore too?
>>
>>33341163
This is actually one of the better evolutions in the game.

I dont know what happened, but almost every evolution looks terrible compared to the first or even second stage.

Every single Starter, Morelull, Cutiefly, Dewpider, Salandit or Bounsweet. They all look amazing, until they evolve. Had to box all of them, because they are shit tier.
>>
>>33341280
>hating on water spiderbro
>hating on ribombee
>hating on tsareena
>liking down syndrome crab
is this bait
>>
>>33341293
>tsareena
not that anon you're replying to, but they are justified in hating that garbage at least. the others not so much.
>>
>>33341280
We're all beautiful in our own way, even with our flaws. When we evolve we lose our inner child, but I do not think we should consider things to be negative simply because they have changed.

- Margie
>>
>>33341307
well ok, im not the biggest fan of tsareena either, but I don't outright hate it, certainly dont dislike it more than the down syndrome crab
>also, Decidueye is an ok design compared to the other 2 starters
>>
File: image.png (439KB, 1280x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
439KB, 1280x753px
>>
I'm more upset by salandit
>>
>>33341345
not any better at all
looks like a rabid down syndrome crab now
>>
>>33341356
Better than rabid than not -- it looks more aggressive than dopey the crab. At least this one carries over some themes established by Crabrawler and has legs that look like it can support its weight.
>>
Im playing thru Moon right now for the first time and got myself a crabro. I didnt expect to like it so much and now I saw this thread and its evo and it bumped me out.

Forgot he had an evo let alone this dopey looking one
>>
>>33341346
What is wrong with her. She sizzles with fierceness.

Thanks in advance for replying, I would really like to know why you are upset by a strong female.
>>
>>33341384
>Thanks in advance for replying
Come on, if you're going to bait, don't do it this hard. Your other posts were better because of this.
>>
>>33341394
Why is everyone saying I am trying to be deceptive? No matter how hard I try it's like no one even wants to talk to me, instead they just make fun of me or act like I am a joke.
>>
>>33341293
I dont hate them, they are just not as good as their pre-evolutions.
For me, it feels like they are changing the design completely, for no real reason.
Some of them are ok, like Ribombee, others are god awful, like Salandits evolution.
"Water Spiderbro" and the evolution of Morelull are also not well-made. They just become ridiculous. Cute spider into a robotic giant headed robot and the cute little shroom into 420 blaze it i hug trees shroom. Not cool, in my opinion at least.
>>
>>33341406
Welcome to 4chan enjoy your stay
>>
>>33341428
Thank you for your kind words. It makes me hopeful.

- Margie
>>
>>33341422
How can Ribombee be bad enough that you had to box it upon evolution?
>into 420 blaze it i hug trees shroom.
This doesn't make any sense at all. Shiinotic doesn't have any weed or drug references. I agree that something about it feels off though, mainly the mouth.
>>
>>33341280
>not liking Decidueye
FUCK OFF
>>
File: Sugimori_756.png (131KB, 430x409px) Image search: [Google]
Sugimori_756.png
131KB, 430x409px
>>33341441
I turned from a bug to a fairy. Not what i expected and not what i wanted.

It literally turned into a hippie with harem pants on. It's the epitome of 420 design.

>>33341469
S/M has the 2nd worst starters of all generations.
>>
File: haHaa.jpg (59KB, 786x586px) Image search: [Google]
haHaa.jpg
59KB, 786x586px
>>33341484
>>
>>33341484
Sounds more like you just had different expectations for Cutiefly, instead of actually having a problem with Ribombee. Same as everyone that complained about Pyroar.

There are literally no hippie elements in Shiinotic. I don't know why you insist on that. It's just an eerie humanoid mushroom.
>>
>>33341163
I just hate the face. It they had shadowed it or had it remain more similar to the pre-evo I'd be fine.

Evolving it on the mountain is fucking dumb though. Should be given earlier access
>>
>>33341163
Your cartoony ass shit crab was never good.
>>
>>33341498
No, they actually changed the design. They removed most of the bug features and turned it into a literal fairy. They even gave it a mouth.

I dont know why i put so much effort into this. You obivously only want to argue on the internet.

Just google "Hippie" and you will see it.

>Sluggish/relaxed body type
>Harem pants (fluffy/wide clothing)
>Generic hippie colorscheme
>Always happy
>Shroomhat resembles hippie hairstyle
>>
>>33341555
>No, they actually changed the design. They removed most of the bug features and turned it into a literal fairy. They even gave it a mouth.
That's exactly what you should expect from a Bug/Fairy mon though. Also the mouth was the only bug feature they removed. They both have the same eyes, same limbs, and same wings. I mean you're free to not like it as much as Cutiefly, I'm just saying the evolution is a fairly natural progression and not drastic in the slightest, so I just found it weird that you disliked it enough to box it.
>I dont know why i put so much effort into this. You obivously only want to argue on the internet.
No, I can understand not liking evolutions, but calling Shiinotic a hippie is just bizarre.
>>Sluggish/relaxed body type
It is supposed to be ghostly and unsettling.
>Harem pants (fluffy/wide clothing)
There is nothing loose about the pants, and they're inspired by real mushrooms. I agree they don't look that good though.
>Generic hippie colorscheme
White and cold purple is not a generic hippie color scheme, hell it shares most of its color scheme with Morelull too.
>Shroomhat resembles hippie hairstyle
Not at all. It's a fucking hat.
>>
>>33341163
He was cool at first, then I boxed that piece of shit because his defenses were ass, literally got OHKO'd by anything. Then later I found out he had a retarded way of evolving.
>>
>>33341632

Look, if you want to argue over opinions, thats fine by me. Im just not the right person for that. You asked for my opinion, i gave you an explanation why i believe it is the way i see it and we are good.
We dont have to agree about it. I dont like this generations pokemon and i will probably never do. Im glad you enjoy them, i wish i would.
On the other hand, i enjoy most of the alolan forms, so i got that going for me.
>>
>>33341233
This, I'm hoping crabrawler will be the flagship pokemon for regional forms. After all not every region's highest point is a snowy mountain
>>
>>33341233
>Crabducter (Dark)
>Crabyssal (Water)
Kalos?
>Crabolisher (Rock)
Johto?
>Crabnormal (Ghost)
Sinnoh?
>Crabhorrent (Poison)
Kanto?
>Crabrogator (Dragon)
Hoenn?
>Crabstract (Psychic)
Unova?
>Crabeyant (Ground)
>>
>>33341436
Btw if you're going to namefag I'd at least get a tripcode if I were you
>>
>>33341163
It's design is terrible, but I could forgive that if only they had made it fast enough to actually use the ice type

But alas, as always, ice types gotta be slow so they can never, ever actually utilize the advantages of the type
>>
File: 1501787937365.png (14KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
1501787937365.png
14KB, 540x350px
>>33341510
Another artist drew this one. It looks more reminiscent of Crabrawler.
>>
>>33341987
I would have prefer that than its goofy like expression
>>
>>33341163
They were thinking: Hey! We need an Ice-type Pokémon! No! Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix lines can't be the only Ice-types introduced in Sun/Moon because they are just variations and no new Pokémon has the Ice-type! I know! Let's add the Ice-type to a Fighting-type so that way we have a whole new typing combination! But who will be that Fighting-type...

*After then, they used an RNG program and Crabrawler was the loser.*
>>
>>33341436
Fuck off back to r/eddit
>>
>>33341233
Crabverage (normal)
Crabdominal (Pure fighting)
Crabarapace (Bug)
Crabluminium (Steel)
Craberration (Fairy)
>>
>>33341803
It'd be fine with slow speed if it were better equiped to abuse priority moves.
>>
>>33341710
Reasoning?
>>
>>33342274
Not him, but guessing Sinnoh for the large amount of ghosts, Kanto because lol half the dex is poison, Hoenn because it was the first region to devalue the concept of dragons and gave the typing a wide distribution. No idea for the other two.
>>
>>33341197
It means that it tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>33341263
No. There's tons of OU Alola Pokemon, people just aren't fans of them.
>>
>>33342233
>Crabluminium
>not Crabluminum

Not because of anything other than the fact that Gamefreak only cares about the American localization, and not the british one.
>>
>>33342798
Amerifat here and I like Crabluminium more, actually. Rolls off the tongue better.
>>
>>33342331
I got Kanto/Poison, but I'd say Dragon for Unova (original dragon, Dragonspiral Tower) and Water for Hoenn (not really because of "too much water" meme, but because it was the first tropical region with a large amount of Water types and water routes).
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.