[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Pokemon movies unironically good or is it just nostalgia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon-heroes-poster-japanese.jpg (140KB, 633x902px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-heroes-poster-japanese.jpg
140KB, 633x902px
Are the Pokemon movies unironically good or is it just nostalgia?
>>
The only good things about pokemon are ironic.
>>
Some of them are good. A lot of them (especially everything during and after BW) are garbage.
>>
>>33340450
>>33340452
i think the movies are bad. but, i thinj other people like them, and that is ok. if you dislike them it is bad if it is because they are good, though
>>
I'd say the first 3 are kino with everything else varying after
>>
>>33340454
agreed aeveything in bw is garbaev, the anime, the games, the manga, the books, the movies, the toys, the board games and evertthy nign else too, bw is bad.
>>
Movie 1 is nostalgia-tier. Having seen it in the later years i realize its just a big slapfest between normal and cloned Pokemon crying to miraculously bring Ash back to life. Still alot better than Black/White era movies and later on. Personally i think Pokemon Movie 5 = 2 > 3 > 4 = 7 in that order are the most solid ones.
>>
>>33340450
The animation in the earlier movies is really good when you compare them to the anime at the time. Especially 3.
>>
You have to have awful standards to say any are good. Even the best are just serviceable time wasters, and that's being generous. They mostly all follow the same 3 basic cookie cutter plots, and only serve as advertisements for legendaries.
>>
>>33340450
Legitimate Good Tier

>Spell of the Unown
>Latios and Latias
>Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
>Rise of Darkrai

Power Gap

I gots an hour and half to kill tier

>Mewtwo Strikes Back
>Power of One
>Celebi Voice of The Forest
>Destiny Deoxys

Power Gap

I need a sleep inducer tier

>Giratina and The Sky Warrior
>Arceus and The Jewel of Life
>Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom
>Jirachi Wishmaker
>Temple of The Sea
>Zoroark Master of Illusions

Power Gap

Power Gap

Oh God My Soul Tier

>Kyurem and The Sword Of Justice
>Genesect and The Legend Awakened
>Diancie and The Cocoon of Destruction
>Hoopa and The Clash of Ages
>Volcanion and Mechanical Marvel
>>
There is such a thing as good Pokémon movies......in regards to Pokémon movies. Comparing even the best of Pokémon movies to other films wouldn't turn out well. The best of the movies (Darkrai, Lucario, 2000, 3, 4ever, Heroes are the best in my opinion), would be what I'd call "meh" tier movies in the big scheme of things. Passable, popcorn movies for fun. 5's and 6's if they needed to be numbered.
>>
>>33340450
3, 4, and 5 are all top tier. 1, if you watch the Birth of Mewtwo short as the opening (since it justifies the "tears of life" at the end), becomes passable if you ignore the very obvious dubbing flaws. 2 has its moments, but it at times feels like things are happening too fast and certain moments don't have enough time to breathe.

Heroes, to me, gets additional credit for actually going out on an outright downer ending. The music is also top tier, both in-movie and during the credits. And 3 gets credit also for having an "antagonist" who isn't in it just for teh evuls.
>>
What are the general reactions to I Choose You?
>>
>>33340635
Bretty gud, I guess. The dub goes to limited theater release on November 5th, so we'll see then how it holds up in translation.
>>
>>33340615
Put Jirachi in legitimately good tier because the false groudon was kino, and put Destiny Deoxys in legitimately good tier because it ends with this jam
https://youtu.be/GvvA0J6o_yM
>>
The Pokemon movies went downhill after the OS, AG and DP movies are mid-tier, then they went downhill again with BW, XY, etc.

I have no idea why. AG and DP's movies are still mostly decent to watch even the weaker ones, but since then they're all been lackluster or bad.
>>
>>33340450
I enjoyed them a lot up until around gen 4 then they started getting weaker and i havent watched any newer movies other than volcanion which was trash.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.