[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will flo-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 869.png (289KB, 725x650px) Image search: [Google]
869.png
289KB, 725x650px
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will flo-
>>
>>33340435
Gee, it's like I'm on /v/ again.
>>
This is 3ds though. Look at the games in the chart

It's 94 and 95 it's total top sellers and dual pack is 42

If Pokemon wasn't ahead of metroid and miitopia I would be scared that franchise is dying..
>>
>>33340435
Just goes to show that Mareeple will buy anything with the Pokemon label slapped onto it. Just look at Pokemon Go.
>>
>>33340449

Metroid is a big title that's coming out in under a month, whereas Pokémon does not come out until mid-November.

Also, Metroid is a single game, its rank-sales aren't divided up into three separate titles.
>>
>>33340545
metroid is not big game
>>
>>33340545
Don't forget people are desperately clinging to Samus Returns since they're gonna ax 2D Metroid as a fucking whole if this doesn't do well.
Even though in reality it doesn't matter what they do because if it doesn't do well in Japan then Nintendo won't give a shit.
>>
>>33340553
It is
>>
>>33340553
It is a big game
for you
>>
>>33340642
No it's not. Never has been

Even metroid prime series was never big games. Sales wise
>>
>>33340667
The metroid fanbase small but loud minority fanbase.

Metroid prime the games only sold 7.15 million Combined

Mario
Mario kart
Pokemon
Zelda
Smash bros
Splatoon
Animal crossing
Kirby
Fire emblem

Are bigger in sales
>>
>>33340677

>Metroid prime the games only sold 7.15 million Combined

They arent bad numbers considering games like FE also made equal to or less than Metroid. Metroids problem is that 3D Metroid has been expensive to produce, so the amount of money going to pay everyone involved makes it a break-even process.

Why theyve decided to go with Prime 4 and a 2.5D remake? I dont know. I dont think theyd be unwise as to pump out games that arent gonna make any commotion or move units. It would seem to me that Samus Returns is gonna be their happy little experiment and if that does decently theyll produce more games with a similar engine. Like what Zero Mission was to Fusion.

All Nintendo needs to do now is advertise the damn thing.
>>
>>33340906
Exactly it's not a big game. It's just a game

If your metroid fan obviously big game but were talking about sales
>>
>>33340918

I still think youre downplaying it a bit.

It could sell physically the same copies as a Mario game but Nintendo will be able to pull more profit off of Mario. So no, its not just "big" if youre a Metroid fan, theyre all just as relevant. Its only small time if you are an investor.

Which isnt relevant to the people like us posting on message boards.
>>
>>33340953

Meant to say "Who arent", although Im sure its still clear Im referring to investors.
>>
>>33340953
No that's not true at all.
>>
Looks like Metroid is at least going to crush Monster Hunter Stories, which comes out even sooner than it, and only recently appeared in the top 10 after the demo (vs. Metroid being in the top ten for months now.)
>>
>>33340435

80$

aha, sure, fuck off, whatever edition it is, it's just a copy pasted SM with little to zero new features at all
>>
File: v rates Metroid games.jpg (104KB, 1024x615px) Image search: [Google]
v rates Metroid games.jpg
104KB, 1024x615px
>>33340553
As a fan of both franchises I must say that Metroid has more quality and dedication than Pokémon, but it the end Pokémon sells more because of the loyal fans that buy every single games.

Also unlike Pokémon, Metroid only has 2 bad games (Other M and Federation Force).
>>
>>33342152
Super Metroid is better than Metroid Prime trilogy by a wide margin
>>
>>33342169
Fight me
>>
Pokemon games can't really flop. The only flop that could ever happen was in XY when they probably spent a lot of budget on doing all 3d models, but XY was really successful. 3rd versions/sequels are obviously going to underperform, which is a shame since they're always the best ones
>>
>>33342169
I disagree. Super Metroid is one of the best games ever made, but so is Metroid Prime.
>>
>>33340642
It isn't.
>>
>>33342177
Hunny X&Y is still the best selling pokemon games on the 3ds.

Also it's the best games.

anyways, USUM will flop hard.

Should've moved to the switch faster.

There's ZERO hype for these games.
>>
>>33342311
>Hunny X&Y is still the best selling pokemon games on the 3ds.
Yes, but that's a bit deceptive. XY has sold 15.4 million copies, SM has sold 14.1 million. But XY has had three additional years on the market. If we look at sales in the first 10 weeks, XY sold 8.5 million, and SM sold 12.6 million. XY has sold more overall, but SM has sold much "better" in a much shorter period of time. (Source: vgchartz.com)

>anyways, USUM will flop hard.
I think it depends how you define a "flop." USM will sell much less than SM, as third versions always do. And I do think that it will be proportionally worse than the original pair (that is, USM will sell less compared to SM than BW2 to BW, Platinum to DP, etc.). SM benefitted from a huge level of hype and public consciousness (largely from Pokemon GO) that won't be around for USM. But that being said, it's still going to sell a lot in absolute terms. Even if it lands among the worst-selling "third versions," that's still a huge number of sales.

I think it will have disappointing sales for a Pokemon game, but will be far from a flop in the overall sense of the word.
>>
just wait until no alolan forms and following pokemon in USUM even normies will be outraged
>>
>>33340674
Every Metroid game with the exceptions of Prime Hunters, Pinball, Other M, and Zero Mission has sold more than one million copies each. Metroid 1 and Prime one both sold more than 2.5M copies if I remember correctly.
It's not as big as Pokémon but Pokémon is an outlier sales-wise. Metroid has historically done a better than other "big" Nintendo series like Fire Emblem (until FE sold its soul with Awakening and got tons and tons of NEETbux), only hitting a slump with what are coincidentally two handheld DS spinoffs and two critically panned and despised games that nobody but Andrew Dobson is willing to defend.
>>
This is depressing all around
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.