[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cloud Cover in Past Maps and USM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: cloud cover.png (4MB, 2100x1202px) Image search: [Google]
cloud cover.png
4MB, 2100x1202px
Now, I'm not actually expecting the clouds to be hiding anything in the new Alola at all myself, but there is some precedent for beleiving it, since it has actually happened pretty consistently before. So, I made this handy dandy image for comparison.

It's less "the clouds are 100% not hiding anything" and more "is the thing the clouds are hiding going to be good or disappointing?

Though I still doubt anything is there.
>>
i like surprises
>>
>>33338710
Not when they end up disappointing for me
>>
>>33338648
bump
>>
>>33338648
That's not where the Battle Resort was in ORAS.
>>
>>33338648
The Battle Resort is hidden on the ORAS map, but further south. You're zoomed in on the Sky Pillar, which was also hidden for whatever reason.
>>
>>33339084
That cloud's supposed to be down further. The one OP showed covers the hidden secret base islands.
>>
There's also the B2W2 map, which didn't use clouds but had like the entire north-east third of the map covered in ice.
>>
>>33339084
>>33339101
I was unsure about that, thanks

>>33339125
Yeah, that just hid the entire map
>>
>>33338648
I am not saying it's the Battle Frontier. But that cloud is much larger than the Resort cloud.

First, look at the shape of the cloud, it's rectangular. Just like the Battle Frontier. Second, the BF island would be smaller than a main island. BF could fit within that cloud.Third, and most importantly, the first Alola map had nothing to hide. They couldn't conceal the Battle Royal. People weren't thinking the Tower clone was a tree.
>>
>>33339383
Yeah, the fact that it's much cloudier than before almost makes me think that there's something being hidden.
>>
>>33339693
I have a theory that can place the Battle Frontier in that spot.

It's all about Hoopa. In RS and ORAS, we have the tower/maison island. Emerald has the BF island in its place. ORAS mentioned the BF would be built near the Maison. That means the island is near Hoenn. Hoopa explains all that because the BF island is in different locations in different universes. He can move islands around the world and through universes.
>>
I doubt they would do Frontier

Many old characters in SM and Lt Surge gym recreation in USUM would rather suggest PWT
>>
>>33340465
Maybe just a place that has a couple old gyms from previous generations recreated?
>>
>>33340477
That would be such a lazy idea. Whats even the point?

If they cant deliver anything big then what even the point of "recreating some gyms"?
>>
>>33340513
Funsies!

Keep in mind environments are all outsourced since ORAS so they're much easier to implement than character models which GF makes themselves, so Battle Frontier would be much easier to make than PWT which would require a minimum of 112 character models between not even every Gym Leader and Champion, number already doubled for both a battle and overworld model, not to mention they all have to be animated. Meanwhile with the Frontier, outsource one town and four to six buildings, make fourteen models tops for Brains. Plus they would still have to make environments for the PWT.

By the by, although I don't have the interview on hand, Game Freak supposedly already had all of Kanto modelled ready to use if they wish some years ago. Presumably, this would include gyms, making them a very easy implementation, especially when you don't see any non-SM characters in the shot we have of Surge's.
>>
>>33340513
Because i's GameFreak

>>33340686
>Game Freak supposedly already had all of Kanto modelled ready to use if they wish some years ago
source, because that is pretty substantial and pretty much proves that its gonna be related to that
>>
>>33341576
his ass
>>
what about a facility that emulates past gyms and you have to beat them all
>>
>>33341619
I'm banking on this, and I'd actually really like it. Good PWT replacement.
>>
>>33341619
>>33341931
So wait, would this be old gyms with new NPCs populating them?
>>
>>33342047
I suppose, yeah. Unless you fight a hologram version of the old Gym Leader at the end or something.
>>
An extra island.
>>
I won't get my hopes up. But I do think something is there, disappointing or not.
>>
File: cloud cover.png (4MB, 2100x1202px) Image search: [Google]
cloud cover.png
4MB, 2100x1202px
>>33338648
also fixed for future use
>>
>if new island
Than I can only hope its some post game gym thing where you fight past gym leaders, maybe world tourney will hopefully return, which might explain Lt. Surge's gym layout
>>
>>33342227
whats the point of having an island with random gyms that have no substance to them? OR any quests/story that has you do side things before you can challenge the gym
Tourny with diverse battle modes is far superior to gyms
>>
>>33342227
>>33342257
probably just a unique facility modeled after a couple gyms, all from kanto because of course
>>
FUCK YOU, NOW I'M EXPECTING SOMETHING
I'm a huge frontier fag, pls be it
>>
>>33340465
I mean it has been 5 years since PWT
>>
File: IMG_0298.gif (499KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.gif
499KB, 250x188px
>>33342275
>>
idgaf about battle facilities, just give me areas to explore that aren't corridors..
>>
>>33342291
Maybe the game is deliberately almost identical to SM to give them time to make something
>>
File: IMG_2835.png (489KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2835.png
489KB, 640x453px
>>33338648
There's a chance that we might be getting a new island to explore in the postgame, the original map for Alola didn't have such obvious white clouds in the bottom left.
>>
OP here, I think this thread might have convinced me that something is there, damn. I dont want to get hyped
>>
bummp
>>
>>33338710
i like turtles
>>
File: alola.png (142KB, 368x212px) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
142KB, 368x212px
>>33343445
>>
>>33344834
that looks to be in a different position
>>
>>33344914
The islands themselves are in a different position to the map, though.
>>
It wouldn't shock me that there's a Gen4 style Battle Frontier.
>Annabelle tease in the UB quest.
>The inevitable Gen4 remake around the corner

It would also make up for making ORAS being based on RS instead of Emerald.
Not really.
But good enough to have a Battle Frontier again.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.