[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This is the current state of the meta I almost miss weather wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Sickening.png (216KB, 725x408px) Image search: [Google]
Sickening.png
216KB, 725x408px
>This is the current state of the meta

I almost miss weather wars
>>
Anyone got charts of the last few years for comparison?
>>
I remember when /vp/ told me Tapu Koko will be the worst Tapu in VGC because it loses the terrain war thanks to its high speed.
>>
>>33336366
I am happy to see Arcanine.
Why people don,t use MegaKanga anymore? It's still great.
>>
>>33336366
I actually loved weather wars in doubles, it was only retarded in singles (gen5).
>>
>>33336414
are you retarded?

mega Metagross would destroy the entire meta when megastones would be allowed.
>>
I still can't even conceive why someone would use Fini. Is it literally just because it has the shitty spread move muddy water?
>>
>>33336366
>top 7
>only one pokemon at or over 600 BST
>4 non-legendary pokemon
>no megas

I'm enjoying the current VGC more than ever before. It's nice seeing different pokemon on both sides of the field occasionally.
>>
What happened to people using araquanid :(
>>
Smogon OU is even worse, isn't it? At least in VGC non-mega and non-legendary Pokemon get a chance to carve out their uses.
>>
>>33336500
Garchomp Excadrill Volcarona Dugtrio Ferrothorn Skarmory Chansey Clefable Gengar Greninja Magnezone Mimikyu Rotom-w Pelipper Smeargle Toxapex Tyranitar and Bisharp are all OU
>>
File: 1472094724458.png (325KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472094724458.png
325KB, 1024x1024px
>>33336366
>expecting diversity in VGC
>>
>>33336557
this
>>
>>33336366
>Tapu fini higher than lele
Never thought that would happen
>>
>>33336414
Because Mega Stones are banned and most importantly it lost Power-Up Punch and for every VGC, only mon caught/bred in participant games are allowed.
>>
why arcanine tho?
>>
>>33336850
Because they're not allowed to use Lando-t, plus it has will o wisp.
>>
>>33336870
It can also like, run 4 sets or some shit.
>>
So is VGC proof that megastones were a mistake and we will never see a new mega ever?
>>
Seeing the use of Arcanine I want to run Milotic or Braviary@Adrenaline orb
>>
>>33336366
Nobody gives a shit about Tapu Lele? WTF?
>>
>>33336421
same

where else can shitmons like Jumpluff, Seaking and the like actually be effective?

Nowhere.
>>
>>33336953
>@Adrenaline orb
For what fucking purpose
>>
>>33340935
It increases your speed when you're intimidated
I've found it isn't that great on Milotic though; if people see you have a Milotic, they actively try to avoid intimidating it. It's far more effective on a middling speed, special attacker who your opponent won't usually mind Intimidating.
>>
>>33337117
It just works better on singles
>>
>>33336366
That's actually relatively varied compared to a lot of metagames. There were 81 players in day 2, including people who dropped out, so Koko and Arcanine were on jut 60% or so of teams, with a big drop down after that.
Also, a lot of teams have four or five safe plays accompanied by one or two gimmicks. That still makes it an interesting team.

If you really think Smogon metagames are any better, you're probably basing that on your experiences at 1200 rank on Showdown. The higher you get, the more likely people are to be using goodstuff.
>>
>>33336939
Yeah, I'm interested to see if they let Megas back in when they start the 2018 rules
They're allowed on Battle Spot Doubles which most people are taking as a precursor to VGC 2018, but if they're really not making any more Megas, it would be very strange to allow all the old ones in.
>>
>>33340945
why is arcanine switching into milotic?
are we switching into each other?
does milotic have anything that kills an incoming koko?
>>
>>33337117
It saw a lot of play earlier in the meta, but Tapu Koko:
>Good for fast spread damage, turning allies' 2HKOs into OHKOs
>Beats Tau Fini
>Beats Celesteela
and Tapu Fini:
>Hard to kill, and can set up if left alone
>Beats Arcanine

Lele and Bulu are both very, very strong but they don't have as much as a specific nice to fill.
>>
>>33340970
That's my point, there aren't many situations where people would switch to their Arcanine when you have a Milotic active, so the Adrenaline Orb is quite a gamble.
Usually the only reasons a Milotic would be intimidated is if:
>You lead Milotic and they lead Arcanine, having hoped you wouldn't do so
>Your opponent doesn't consider Milotic enough of a threat to be valued more than having their Arcanine out (e.g, if they think they're about to KO Milotic, or your other Pokémon is a bigger priority)
>Your opponent only has two Pokémon left, so they have to send out their Arcaine.

All reasonably likely, but it's still something they're going to try and avoid.
>>
There is great variety in the top 8, I don't want to see any casuals shitposting about VGC 2017 just because you're triggered by people using Tapus
>>
>>33340985
VGC 2017 has been a pretty great meta. The biggest complaint I have of it is that it's too defensive. Arcanine, Snorlax, Tapu Fini, Porygon2 and Celesteela all slow the game down a lot.
It's certainly far more varied, with far more viable gimmicks, than the last two years at least.
>>
>>33336953
>proposing a counter to one pokemon, which isn't even a counter, while ignoring the rest of the team and the overall uselessness of the pokemon
yeah ok mate
>>
>>33336366
>months worth of tournaments and theorymoning later, people still using the EXACT same Koko/Arcanine/Chomp cores they did last year (and winning)
Jesus Christ what a joke

Say what you want about smogon, but at least it has more than 1 viable playstyle and more than 1 viable team composition.
>>
>>33341010
You've literally never played 17 if you think it has a lack of viable playstyles
>>
>>33340978
I run a Lightningrod Manectric with its mega stone attached as a partner for Milotic.
>>
File: kommo-o-1170x614.jpg (84KB, 1170x614px) Image search: [Google]
kommo-o-1170x614.jpg
84KB, 1170x614px
How do you VGC guys think Kommo-O and the meta will be affected by its new Zmove? I am a singlesfag trying to get into VGC (it's quite the adjustment) Would a strategy involving Kommo-o and Psych Up be viable?

In singles it might find its way into UU. I hope, don't want the poor thing to enter BL hell.
>>
>>33336850
He's one of the 3 decent fire-types in the format+intimidate+bulky and strong+intimidate+You can run 5 different sets
>>
>>33341400
>He's one of the 3 decent fire-types in the format
He's the ONLY decent fire type in the format, until we get access to the rest of the Dex.
>>
>>33341415
Or if Incineroar gets its HA
>>
>>33336479
They realized it's shit
>>
>>33341010
>Smogon variated

Tiger of the healthy meta anon.
>>
Masters finals will literally have 12 different species across two teams.
There is plenty of variety if you are not a retarded noob.
>>
>>33336366
>Snorlax is meta again

What happened?
>>
>>33341774
TR+bulky as shit on a meta with no fast Pokemon.
>>
>>33341739
Lando gets less usage than arcanine by a good 20%
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.