[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Idea Thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-08-19-16-32-23-.png (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-19-16-32-23-.png
9KB, 300x168px
GF makes a re-release of sorts, it is essientially a ds style rom hack, has black and white style ds graphics, you start in revamped kanto play through the base games maybe some sevi island post-game, then you go to jhoto play through the whole base game and go fight red at mt silver, then you play hoenn, followed by sinnoh, followed by unova in the same manner. Do you buy the game?
>>
>forgot to add you keep pokemon from the last region everytime you advance to a nee region
>>
>le every region in a single game meme
It's bad, it's uninteresting because if you keep your pokemen you're going to end up with no challenge left, and it'd be empty
>>
>>33336368
>he uses le
>>
>>33336272
GameFreak would never do this when they could just release them separately and make way more money.
>>
File: really jogs my noggin.gif (1MB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
really jogs my noggin.gif
1MB, 400x256px
>>33336272
The day someone comes up with a coherent plot and reasonable level curve for an all-regions game, I will eat my shoe.
>>
>>33336272
No thanks
>>
The only way to implement it properly would be to do one of the following:
1) Have a normal level-curve for the first region and make all the other regions just have a Pokemon at the same level. The issue with this is that the other regions lack proper pacing and becoming boring as you just plow through them.
2) Scale the levels so that you level from 1-100 throughout all 7 regions at a steady rate. The issue with this is that you'd require a ridiculous amount of experience to grind Pokemon in post-game. And it would mean you have to keep Pokemon unevolved for a long time due to their low level.
3) Same as above, except you increase the level cap. It would still have the same issue with needing lots of experience to grind a new Pokemon and get it to catch up with your other Pokemon. Also it would be changing a well-established mechanic for a pretty silly reason.
4) Force you to pick a new starter when you get to a new region. This one is probably the most optimal solution and would result in the best game, but at this point it's practically 7 games combined into one. And all 7 regions would end up having to be pretty bare bones in order to fit them all into one game. Game Freak can't even release a game with one complete region, let alone seven.

Either way, having all regions in one game would be a pretty bad idea. It's a sort of thing that can only be considered a good idea if you give it very little thought.
>>
The biggest problem is how many cities have reused content. Even if you just used the first 4 regions, that's 4 regions with a beeg mart, 4 regions with reused gym types, 4 regions with their own tutor and breeder places, etc. You'd have to completely re-purpose most cities to get rid of that redundancy. I don't think there is enough new features from gens 5-7 to fill in the gaps there, so you'd have to come up with a bunch of new stuff and redesign half the cities.

Then you have the problem of all the dungeon and cave layouts already being known to everyone already, so you'd have to redeisgn those. Probably the routes as well. At this point, you might as well just map a new, fresh region.

Last point is that the idea of depositing all your mons between each region and getting a new starter seems pretty lame. Why not just replay the individual games at that point. People might say "yeah but muh post game quests that span multiple regions". The solution is to have you explore the regions out of order. Maybe you start in Vermilion City, explore a couple of the neighboring routes and towns, and then take the SS Anne to another region. Explore some of that, and take another boat to Hoenn. Redesign some of the major cities to include an airport and collect frequent flier miles as you bounce from region to region. This way you get a new story that takes the most advantage of having multiple regions.
>>
how about a new pokemon game that isn't just a restyled and dumbed down version of the same game?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.