[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few reasons why the next generation will be in 2018 and not 19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Ca2JuyBW4AMxADh.jpg (49KB, 583x443px) Image search: [Google]
Ca2JuyBW4AMxADh.jpg
49KB, 583x443px
1. GF usually start to make their games 2 years before the release date. They confirmed for example that they started to create BW2 in september 2010, the game was released in June 2012.
They confirmed they started to develop ORAS in November 2012 and it came out in Nov' 14. Now most likely the actual Switch game is in development far before than June 2017, but at least January/february 2017, which means that it can't be release so late, in nov' 2019. nov'-dec' 2018 is the only choice.

2. Masuda wasn't the director of a new generation since 2013. He had plenty of time to work on the switch and to find countries.

3. GF already had the Switch in their hands already in 2016 most likely, because Mario and Zelda had their games in 2017, which means they have been developed in 2016. GF had their time to handle with the new technologies way before june 2017.
>>
>>33334167
Unless GF is technologically incompetent and needs more time to understand how to make a Switch game first.
It'll probably be like X/Y in terms of release. 2.5 years after the system released.
>>
I think masuda is done directing atleast for now

Ohmori new A team director

But I want the games in 2019 or 2020. Give GF as much time to make game. Even if there finished in 2018 take the extra year to fine tune things
>>
>>33334188
So why would Masuda do an inverview with ohmori in August 2017 for a game that isn't going to be released until the end of 2019?

He also said that kids should buy a Switch. I can't see a reason why would he say that for such a far-date game
>>
>>33334213
>He also said that kids should buy a Switch. I can't see a reason why would he say that for such a far-date game
um so people will buy the system?
>>
>>33334213
Maybe to build up hype? If you watched the interview they still didn't know what they were going to do with the games.
>>
>>33334213
Dude that interview was about everything pokemon related. Game informer asked about switch game they gave pr answer that's it
>>
>>33334167
>tfw Buddyfgiht is fucking dead
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>33334231
No he said they having "troubles" with the development. Masuda is in hard work for a year dude
>>
>>33334328
It really sounded like they were pushing for a 2019 release though. Too much work to push out a 2018 release, especially when the game would probably be so rushed it'd get shit on even more than most games.
The interviewers were pretty convinced it'd be getting a 2019 release after talking with them, so that's something, I guess.
>>
>>33334167
I don't think you should think it so hard OP

It's pretty easy to see where we are in the generation, you just need to think about other aspects of the franchise such as the anime and the TCG.

In the anime Ash already got it's Greninja-Ash equivalent and he's already halfway through his adventure in Alola in less than one year, in a few months we will have a pretty good idea of where we are in the generation thanks to the anime.
>>
Masuda said they need at least 3 years to dev a new gen
>>
>>33334167
I probably started development in 2015 because
1. Ohmori couldnt get artists and asset creators for trails,meaning they already moved to the switch games
2.They mentioned back in september 2015 pokemon bank will be on the nx.(This was pretty much 100% confirmation pokemon would be on the switch, people probably didn't notice this.)
3. Switch dev kits have copyright 2015 on them
4.Masuda went to china in may 2015. And guess what the job listing suggests, the games will be mostly finished may 2018
5. The dragon dude has been hinting a chinese region
>>
>>33334380
>>33334167
speculation ≠ fact
>>
>>33334167
If the dev cycle is of two years after the latest pokemon release, then we're getting a late 2018 release but, since GF is new to Switch development, an early 2019 release, I'm pretty sure they are boarding the christmas frenzy to boost sales so it's going to be late 18 or early 19
>>
>>33334412
>>33334380 here
Never said it fact, im just speculating with facts, adding evidence
>>
>>33334336
Well, that's against the statics.
Builduing a hype for a game before you actually started to create it isnt really possible.
>>
>>33334414
Early year is terrible for big releases either holiday or summer like June or July when school is out in japan

Release why splatoon 2 and dragon queen released ten days after each other in July
>>
>>33334336
Yeah, I think a 2018 release would be pushing it. It's a brand new system, so that alone makes it a pretty big leap. And I mean, the Switch is already out, the 20th was a year ago, there's literally no need to rush this game. If anything, they'd be wise to take all the time they need to really polish it since it's going to be held to a higher standard.

They also wouldn't shorten a generation to a mere two years, especially since Sun and Moon did so well.
>>
>>33334435
You can 100% raise hype before a game's production gets truly started.
>>33334445
Exactly this.
>>
>>33334445
If that's true, then the only thing that I can think of is that they tried to fix the 6th generation's mistake with the late release, so they announced it ealry.

But still, I don't see a reason why would pokemon get a trailer for the switch in, like, January 2019. Mario and Zelda might have 2-3 games until then, and Pokemon will be the last one to get a tiny trailer 2 years after the switch release.

They had 2016 full year with the switch in hand
They have 2017 full year
They have at least the first quarter of 2018

Sure they can push it more, but damn, Mario and Zelda aren't easier to make.
>>
>>33334167
It's coming Spring 19
>>
>>33334541
So what if mario or zelda have 2-3 game by then

Masuda already says Nintendo got no control over game freak they make the games in there timetable
>>
>>33334541
I see what you mean, but keep in mind that Super Mario Odyssey has been in development for four years, and Breath of the Wild took five. They were always gonna have a head start, especially with Nintendo majorly relying on those titles to push Switch sales. Pokémon, while not necessarily less relevant, is still not to the Switch what it was to the 3DS.

If there was ever a time for Game Freak to take it slow, that time is now. Putting less pressure on themselves will result in a better game, plus it can only have a positive effect on Pokémon's sustainability. A 20-year-old franchise can't and shouldn't be expected to release a new game every single year. They'll be more than fine if they wait.
>>
>>33334167

>1. GF usually start to make their games 2 years before the release date. They confirmed for example that they started to create BW2 in september 2010, the game was released in June 2012.

>They confirmed they started to develop ORAS in November 2012 and it came out in Nov' 14.

When the fuck has this been confirmed, OP?
>>
It's easy to imagine how this shit went down.
>GF needed a new gen for the 20th anniversary
>extending Gen 6 with a Z game wouldn't work; a third version doesn't really cut it for an anniversary release
>the Switch will be released in 2017, there's no way they can wait until 2017 and let the 20th anniversary pass away
The solution:
>have a two-year anniversary generation with a couple of games chock-full with genwun references, then re-release them with extra content a year later
>meanwhile, start working towards Switch games for 2018
>>
i think they should take longer to develop it id rather it come out botw tier than be a rushed lot of hype for no delivery scenario. (not saying i want it to be like botw just similar in caliber)
>>
>>33334167
Only retards ever thought gen 8 would be in 2019, OP.
Don't worry about it and just ignore them, at the very least they deserve to be laughed at though.
>>
>>33334167
>Mario and Zelda had their games in 2017, which means they have been developed in 2016

Zelda was teased since motherfucking 2014.

Also the #1 reason Pokemon is coming to switch in 2018 is because the GF fag at E3 literally said "Mainline game is coming in 2018"
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.