[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After seeing new infomation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (15KB, 344x147px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 344x147px
Do you think USUM will flop?

I'm hoping when they confirm no following pokemon. The bubble burst and casuals don't buy game

No way gamefreak gonna learn from mistakes without some failure
>>
>>33329208
The stars and planets could align and hell on earth could happen and USUM would still make millions of sales. Pokemon games do not fucking flop. Ever.
>>
Their biggest content and feature effort in a third version by really far was BW2, and it underperformed, it sold badly compared to other Pokemon games.

If you think the market will correct Game Freak's ways then I'm sorry to say prepare to be disappointed.
>>
No Gyms and No Walking with Pokemon Confirm
>>
>>33329208

Why are you so negative?
>>
>>33329253
I don't even think there's new alolan forms
Just new z moves
>>
>>33329208
third versions sell like shit anyway so this game will not flop at all
>>
>>33329256
because GF has made terrible decision after terrible decision and need to stop
>>
File: 1420247326347.png (113KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1420247326347.png
113KB, 500x375px
>>33329273
And yet you keep buying the games and hanging out on Pokemon related websites...
>>
>>33329273
I bought every game and not buying this. People who don't like what's game freak needs to have some pride and keep urge.

Skip games

Buy used copy

Pirate copy

Watch YouTube L.P. of someone

I don't even blame game freak. Why change when there fanbase whatever shit up

Choose one of the 4 options if your fed up
>>
They deserve it. That Rockruff tease was just plain scummy and is giving people everywhere the wrong impression that it's the return of following Pokemon. And I can't even blame them. The way they intentionally showed the player character running in circles as it follows him around is a ridiculously misleading thing to put in a trailer.
>>
>>33329326
shitty marketing like that it all comes together bullshit
>>
Pokemon will never flop
>>
>>33329326
Is it really GF's fault that you people are retarded?
>>
>>33329362
we shall see. releasing same day. Stars wars battlefront 2 aint gonna help
>>
>>33329310
>Watch YouTube L.P. of someone
that is a new low barneyfag
>>
>>33329208
Nope. Wanna know why? Autistic fanbase. See the trailers comments and you will see what i mean.
>>
>>33329389
Pokemon barney fag is someone who wants to see the series die. i want the series to grow. Game freak cant improve. if the people who are bitching about how shallow the games are now. Are still buying games from retail
>>
>>33329388
I dont think those audiences overlap much
>>
>>33329411
but the thing im surpised how low the likes and video are. The people who are gonna buy games anyways but alot people just not even watching
>>
>>33329310
I'm pirating.
>>
>>33329432
no but i doubt there will be Midnight launch for USM. When Stars wars battlefront 2 releasing same. the bigger game. Also stars wars and pokemon have heavy casuals fanbase
>>
>>33329447
A lot of people simply don't know. The casuals at least. Only gamers and Pokefans will know about the new games. And even then, I've seen a lot of dislike for USUM across multiple sites.
>>
We still haven't seen this game's advertisement bait feature. Every follow up game has at least one thing that they can use footage of in commercials to make people go "oh wow, THAT wasn't in the last game". In Emerald it was the Battle Frontier (almost always the Battle Pike building, in particular), in Platinum it was the Distortion World, and in BW2 it was the Pokestar Studios.

I'm not saying that this feature will be a make or break thing, but the fact that we haven't seen it yet makes me think Gamefreak still isn't ready to start pushing USM. They're just dropping small bits of info for special occasions.
>>
>>33329208
Do you really think that not having following Pokemon is really going to be the thing that stops people from buying the games? We haven't had following Pokemon in almost ten years and there hasn't really been a flop yet. I don't think that's going to be the thing to burst the bubble for casual gamers.
>>
>>33329218
/thread
>>
>>33329208
http://www.strawpoll.me/13738359
>>
>>33329500
Lycarrot
>>
>>33329500
Alola Photo Club was revealed today.
>>
>>33329473
Sun and Moon sold 15 million copies. There will be midnight events for both. Pokemon is quite actually too big to flop at this point. Even if they sold 1/10th the copies of sun and moon (which won't happen), they are still making so much money, money other companies wish they could make in a single year..
>>
Anyone who thinks this will "flop" is an idiot
>>
>>33329551
When I say flop. Disappointing in sales is what I'm saying

Nintendo has forecast of 6 million 3ds/2ds sold the fiscal year. Pokemon disappointing in sales and them not reaching the forecast
>>
>>33329236
It sold better than other 3rd versions.
>>
>>33329515
That's not the question I'm asking

You can still play USUM without buying it retail

Pirating or buying used
>>
>>33329579
It's a year turn around, nintendo isn't expecting the same return as xy or sm. Notice how little promotion there has been? These games will sell more than half of what sm did and that will still be a win for game freak and nintendo. You have no idea what you're talking about and I'm starting to think you live in some bizzaro world where pokemon will disappoint financially. It's actually impossible.
>>
>>33329544
Take the Distortion World, for example. It was a 5 minute long sequence, but seeing clips of it in commercials created the illusion that Platinum was more than just a balance fix patch. Alola Photo Club and an orange wolf aren't going to do that.

Just wait. There's going to be some crazy new area. The moment it's revealed, half of the promotional material will revolve around it, even if it's not a big part of the game.
>>
Pokemon sun and moon had perfect storm

Pokemon go hype

20th anniversary

3ds being only relevant Nintendo console

They have none of that now. Addition being 3rd versions
>>
>>33329629
It's really easy to tell when you samefag op. Your English is piss-poor, my man.
>>
>>33329581
Technically Yellow sold more, but that's probably because of Pikachu. But BW2 are number 2 and BW didn't even sell that well.
>>
>>33329639
Same fagging is not when you post multiple times in thread

You never see a thread with same amount posts with amount of ip
>>
>>33329653
There are 19 more replies than there are people replying, most of them have your broken English. Also, it is samefagging when you post in your thread replying to no one in order to agree with yourself and make it look like people actually agree with your flawed and incorrect thread.
>>
>>33329675
If people are gonna quote mention of course. I'm gonna reply back

The anime threads have 60 up users and 300 replies everytime lol
>>
>>33329685
Read what I said, it's not you having a conversation when the original post I replied to was literally you replying to no one, defending your own thread. I understand you're replying a lot but I'm talking about the single post I originally replied to.
>>
i have literally never used a z-move or done the stupid fucking 5fps photo minigame
i just want to catch them all
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>33329698
If I posted nonsense to bump the thread. Your point would stand

But adding to my original point and people talking about sun and moon sales . Posting that is fine to me
>>
>>33329208
No main series Pokemon game has ever "flopped". Each made millions. /vp/ loves to be contrarians.
>>
>>33329432
>I don't think two of the biggest and most casual friendly franchises in the world overlap much
Top fucking kek.
>>
File: IMG_1218.gif (179KB, 241x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1218.gif
179KB, 241x210px
Honest question

Were people THIS cynical about Black 2 White 2?

If this game turns it fantastic /vp/ will still shitpost it to death
>>
>>33329208
USUM disappoint me
>>
>>33329895
If it's actually good it'll be shitposted in the first week, then people will warm up to it.
Better than it being praised to hell and back in the first week and then people recognizing what a shitstain it truly was (SM).
>>
>>33329917

Don't kid yourself

You guys don't know what you want
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>33329208
Probably not flopping but the salty tears and rage of retarded poketubers and imbeciles around the internet who thought that Rockruff was following the MC will be glorious.
>>
>>33329208
>I'm hoping when they confirm no following pokemon
Of all the shit Sun/Moon did wrong excluding following Pokemon is not something that would bother me in the slightest.
Mostly because they'd probably neglect a feature to turn it off.
>>
>>33329917
But anon, Sun/Moon were good games.
>>
No matter how the games will actually sale, there has never been a main game announcement with such negative reactions before.

All game announcement were hyped to death, but this time there is barely any hype, just people being very pessimistic, not only on 4chan.

I dont know if this is because its on the 3ds AGAIN or because it comes out only a year after the last games, but it feels really fucking weird.
>>
>>33329270
That's the biggest killer for me. I could care less about new Z moves but if there aren't any new Alolan forms then I'll likely not but this game.
>>
>>33330182
Yeah the most normie and casual play Facebook. So many negative reaction I see
>>
>>33329208
>I'm hoping when they confirm no following pokemon
They did. Since the very fucking beginning.
>>
>enhanced version
>expecting any substantial news three months before release
It's like you guys weren't there for Platinum or BW2 hype season. If it's still small additions next months I'll start to worry, but as far as I can tell this is really par for the course with enhanced versions.
>>
>>33330319
Even for "enhanced" BW2, they had dropped an animated fucking trailer by this point.
>>
>>33330323
No they didn't, that was one month before release.
>>
>>33329510
From my personal experiencie I say this is posibly the first time those game can flop. Personally I missed following pokemon from B/W but always something made me buy the games.

>B/W: new region and pokemons
>B2/W2: hope for following pokemon comed back
>X/Y: new region and pokemon, and 3D battles
>ORAS:hope for those remakes were as good as HGSS
>S/M: new region and pokemon
>US/UM: ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING

Damn its sad. Its first time that I havent any hype for a new game. The photo shit is lame and the region is the same shit but with some new beaches. Buying this game will feel like being scamed
>>
>>33329981
>I want that those game will suck and make it loss part of it fanbase
Do you really hate this franchise dont you?
>>
>>33330333
i don't get why people keep getting this wrong
also checked
>>
>>33329208
Name one mainline Pokemon game that flopped.
Now you know your answer.
>>
>>33329895
People lost their shit when that corocoro scan of the past generations gym leaders was revealed.
>>
>>33330466
Theres always a first time for everything. That it doesnt happen before it doesnt means that it cant happen in the future
>>
It will suck but perform well. Worst ending.
>>
>>33330464
Mixing up the days between the Jap release of the trailer and the English release of the game, most likely. The real issue is the disagreement of how time is measured relative to when new info is released. Yes, the first actual trailer for B2/W2 wasn't released until almost two months before the release of the game in Japan, but that's also about two mouths from their initial reveal. The shorter wait time also made the wait a bit more bearable.
>>
>>33330495
Just like every game in the 3DS era.
>>
>>33329310
>Why change when there fanbase whatever shit up.
What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>33329208
>it was never gonna flop, it has pokemon in the name
/thread
>>
>>33329208
It's going to flop because everyone is waiting for the Switch game
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.