[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THIS IS A FUCKING INSULT!!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: Insult.png (2MB, 2498x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Insult.png
2MB, 2498x1120px
Clangorous Soulblaze is a species-exclusive Z-Move that can:
a) Hit both opponents in Doubles, and
b) Raise Kommo-o's five stats by a single stage.

Meanwhile, most other species-exclusive Z-Moves don't have additional effects. The only exceptions are Alolan Raichu's Stoked Sparksurfer (which paralyzes an opponent that it hits if it can) and Mew's Genesis Supernova (which sets up a Psychic Terrain), and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (which has a sharply increased critical hit ratio). Eevee's Z-Move Extreme Evoboost doesn't count, as the boost is the only element of this move.

Sinister Arrow Raid, Malicious Moonsault, Oceanic Operetta, Catastropika, Guardian of Alola, Pulverizing Pancake, Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike... None of those moves have additional effects.

It's disgusting how Game Freak decided only now that species-exclusive Z-Moves should have an additional effect. They won't retcon the moves without effects so unfortunately we won't get anything like Decidueye getting a stat boost when it uses Sinister Arrow Raid.

This sucks.
>>
Stop whining.

Now Komm-o will never get a Mega.
>>
Kommo-o needed it.
>>
>>33326869
>we won't get anything like Decidueye getting a stat boost when it uses Sinister Arrow Raid.

why couldn't we? Adding a stat boost to a move wouldn't be retconning it.
>>
>>33326869
Kommo-o needed a buff badly and now it has it.
and maybe they'll buff the other Z moves as well, As it could be the function of the Z-Power Ring to do so.
>>
>>33326869
>totem kommo-o had +1 in all stats
>still got OHKO'd

it's not going to help it
>>
The other exclusive Z-Moves deal more damage than their normal Z-Move counterparts, stop complaining
>>
>>33326932
Meanwhile a Z-Move coming off a 110 base power Clanging Scales has these secondary effects.

>>33326869
I hope that's what the Power Ring does because many of the Pokemon with species exclusive Z-Crystals are competitive garbage and they need any type of boost.
>>
File: 1503015853754.jpg (44KB, 535x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503015853754.jpg
44KB, 535x960px
>>33326869
>N-no exclusive Z-Moves get additional effects!
>Except for these three...
>...and this one doesn't count
>B-but Decidueye gets nothing! T-here's no way they'll simply add an effect to it!
Are you trying to make an argument, or are you just mad?
>>
>>33326869
>the absolute state of owlfags
>>
>>33326869
imagine being an owlfag
>>
File: owl of approval.jpg (67KB, 915x900px) Image search: [Google]
owl of approval.jpg
67KB, 915x900px
>>33326869
>Mentions Decidueye of all things
nice try falsefaggot
>>
Kommo-o's Z-move could have been relevant if not for the fact that he's slow as molasses compared to anything else that already exists and the probability of any pokemon getting a unbelievably overpowered Z-move that can somehow fuck someone's shit up in the future, including his.
>>
>>33327015
I never said "no exclusive Z-Moves get additional effects." I accounted for the three or four Z-Moves that have an additional effect.

I am just upset that not every species-exclusive Z-Move has an additional effect. They're species-exclusive and tied to a specific attack so they're not broken.
>>
>>33326916
At +1, it can tank most non-fairy moves. That helps a lot since its bulk is quite decent.
>>
>>33327764
literally everyone runs at least one Tapu
>>
File: tumblr_ohloqb8kuh1v17it7o2_raw.png (72KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohloqb8kuh1v17it7o2_raw.png
72KB, 1600x1600px
>>33326869
Kommo-o is worse than all of those Pokemon except Pikachu and Eevee. Francly, after being cucked from Shell Smash, Kommo-o Deserves it.
>>
>>33326869
I would want my pokémon to have a gimmick like that if its stats were ass like that, too.
>>
>>33327044
Oh god.... it would be awful
>>
>>33326869
Last time I checked, Kommo-o doesn't have baton pass.

Even with this, I still think Porygon-Z and Eevee's Z-moves are better. And they aren't even top tier mons. This would quite frankly only be a niche of Kommo-o.
>>
>>33326869
Could've just made Kommo-o a Dragon/Steel type...
>>
>>33327025
>>33327044
>>33327123
What's wrong with wanting your bro to be better you goddamn faggots? I swear to god, this board's shitflinging has warped your tiny minds.
>>
>>33326869
Guys this has nothing to do with being an owlfag. I used Decidueye as an example because it was the first starter on the list.

All three Alolan starters, Pikachu, and Snorlax are competitive garbage and all needed a Z-Move like Kommo-o's.

Like for instance:

Sinister Arrow Raid - Decidueye gains 2+ speed and 1+ for attack and special attack.

Malicious Moonsault - Incineroar gains +2 attack and +2 speed.

Oceanic Operetta - Primarina gains +2 special attack and +2 speed.

Guardian of Alola - Boost Tapus' stats by a stage each and if their terrain is not up activates their terrain

Catastropika - Boosts Pikachu's attack, special attack, and speed by 2 stages.

Pulverizing Pancake - Boosts all of Snorlax's stats by a single stage each.

Hell even the Z-Moves with effects can be improved on.

Stoked Sparksurfer - Activates Electric Terrain.

Genesis Supernova - Boosts Mew's stats by a single stage each.
>>
File: Marshadow.png (28KB, 140x177px) Image search: [Google]
Marshadow.png
28KB, 140x177px
Good point, exclusive Z-Moves shouldn't just be about damage and should all carry additional effects. Soul Stealing Seven Star Strike should boost Marshadow's attack before dealing damage.
>>
>>33331078
Please never make a video game
>>
File: DHJxM_kUwAA7jfb.jpg (25KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
DHJxM_kUwAA7jfb.jpg
25KB, 699x637px
>>33331078
>>
>>33331165
Why? Each Z-Move is only once per battle, so it should be just as broken as Mega Evolutions.

Nobody uses the species-exclusive Z-Moves because in the end they're just nukes and other Pokemon need those nukes more.

If they have additional effects they can become far more useful competitively.

>>33331183
Not bait at all.
>>
gonna derail since this thread is cancer
will this move kommo-o up a tier? will this do anything for /ourguy/?
>>
>>33330463
See anon, the problem is, only the /vp/-approved "bros" deserve to become better.

If you said that garchomp deserves an exclusive z move that raises all of its stats to +6 majority would compliment your post.
>>
>>33331210
of course it's bait. Snorlax is dominating the competitive scene
>>
>>33331258
It's in shit-tier zone RU, faring even worse than Primarima.
>>
>>33326869
>bitch because they don't release spoilers
>bitch because they released spoilers
Fucking manchildren
>>
>>33326869
Just get a kommo-o and stop crying
>>
>>33331210
Megas can still be countered. With most of your examples, any Pokémon with those boosts would just sweep the entire enemy's team. Nobody would lead with anything other than their Z-Move user because otherwise you wouldn't even get a chance to use your Z-Move before you're KOd by your opponent's Z-Mover.

Adding secondary effects is good, but it should be small boosts like inflicting status, boosting one stat etc.
>>
>>33326869
>reeee why are exclusive z-moves weak

>reeee why are exclusive z-moves strong

/vp/ is even worse than /v/ at this point, gamefreak could easily make a game so perfect even God itself would come down to Earth and praise it saying humanity is now saved and you'd still be butthurt
>>
File: Capture.jpg (138KB, 894x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
138KB, 894x1011px
>>33331301
That person's probably talking about Doubles, where Snorlax benefits a lot from a lot of Trick Room support and there not being many fighting-types.
>>
>>33331392
>Kommo-o uses its Z-Move
>One of the opponent's Pokémon is immune to it, the other resists it
>Kommo-o gets KO'd by the smallest Fairy-type hit even after its boost
It's going to be niche at best desu
>>
>>33326869
>XY megas all have retarded bullshit like +20 attack on a special attacker, bad abilities and poor deriction
>ORAS megas are mostly minmaxed bullshit with the perfect ability and good direction
Makes you think.
>>
>>33331387
>/vp/ is even worse than /v/ at this point
Nigga /v/ Should be renamed to /vapol/ at this point
>>
>>33331404
OP is just being a faggot, Unaware Clefable laughs at Kommo-o, you can also use any protect-like move, or focus-sash + mirror coat it, destiny bond it, change into a fairy mon, possibilities are endless
>>
>>33331466
Exactly. Stat boosts aren't a problem when a Pokemon is forced to switch out. Z-Moves can only be used once per battle. This particular Z-Move cannot hit a single type.

If Kommo-o's move is strong enough to warrant usage but not broken enough to be banworthy, why shouldn't the other Alola shitmons with exclusive Z-Moves get that same treatment?

Just as many shitmons benefited from Megas, shitmons such as Incineroar and Snorlax should have super powerful Z-Moves that make them more worthy of play.

>>33331376

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Those Z-Moves are balanced out by a) the restriction of once per battle, b) they are tied to a very specific move, which restricts set building, and, c) in the case of slow Pokemon using Z-Moves, they will have to be subjected to a move before they can unleash their Z-Move.

Also Pokemon can be switched out, outsped or overpowered by opposing Pokemon, etc. +1 or +2 stat boosts, setting up a terrain, etc. on top of a nuke aren't as broken as you might think, especially in Singles.
>>
>hurr durr but it gets destroyed by fairies

Yeah, no shit. That's why you get rid of or weaken those facking fairies before setting up, idiots. You need to be some special kind of stupid to set up asap.

Regardless, Kommo-o becomes very hard to ko afterwards. But, since it's a 1 time stat boost, moves that faze it out or that negate the stat boost completely ruin the setup. Besides, +1 in Attack and Sp.Atk generally isn't enough to Ko stuff (that's why you should get rid of hazards on your side).

The moves might have seen OP at first, but of you look closer it still is manageable. It will make Kommo-o much more viable, though.
>>
Y'all worrying about stat boosts, but have you ever heard of haze, roar, whirlwind, or even dragon tail?
>>
>>33330425
well with porygon-z a lot of that has to do with the other tools it has available

after it's +1 boosts it's now a mono-ghost with adaptability and recover
that's fricking scary as hell
>>
>>33326869
Autism
>>
>>33327778
I don't run garbage.
>>
File: mega_audino_by_mr_tiaa-d7uwn9i.png (348KB, 654x555px) Image search: [Google]
mega_audino_by_mr_tiaa-d7uwn9i.png
348KB, 654x555px
>>33331421
>ORAS megas are mostly minmaxed bullshit with the perfect ability and good direction
Pic related is an exception, but yeah. It seemed that they learned from their mistakes in the last game.
>>
>>33326869
FOUR

TIMES

FAIRY

WEAKNESS
>>
File: 250px-778Mimikyu.png (34KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-778Mimikyu.png
34KB, 250x250px
>>33326869
>Plays rough with you
Nothin personel kid
>>
>>33331301
dude Primary is kickass in RU.
>>
File: Kartana.png (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kartana.png
34KB, 300x300px
>>33331984
A lot of good Pokemon have 4x weaknesses. That's why you carry six.
>>
>>33331988
This.
Literally one-shotted the totem with it.
Also, once you successfully set up +4 attack (or higher), Mimikyu is terrifying.
>>
You just hate Kommo-o in general. It's not the move, it's the fact that a Pokémon you hate got it.
>>
>>33331078
>Guardian of Alola - Boost Tapus' stats by a stage each and if their terrain is not up activates their terrain
>Genesis Supernova - Boosts Mew's stats by a single stage each.
Read that again and honestly try to tell yourself it is a good idea.

I can smell your bias from a mile away just based on the fact you didn't include marshadow's soul stealing strike giving the little shit +1 in everything. If that doesn't need it, why would the tapus and mew of all things?

Their z-moves setting terrain would be cool, however.
>>
>>33331231
Too true.
>>33331387
>Fails to understand an argument then cries

Bitch nigga.

He's saying it's BS that most exclusive Z-Moves are shit, then this one gets to be the best ever.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.