[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those low-poly models everyone talks about are shadow models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: models.png (302KB, 1920x3114px) Image search: [Google]
models.png
302KB, 1920x3114px
Those low-poly models everyone talks about are shadow models without textures. They support animations because they're supposed to follow the model. Shadow models come paired with the battle model. Battle model on top, overworld model in the middle, shadow model on the bottom. These models cannot be used for the overworld.
>>
File: shadowmodel.png (267KB, 1920x2080px) Image search: [Google]
shadowmodel.png
267KB, 1920x2080px
Normal model and shadow model from Brawl.
>>
When do battle models walk?
>>
>>33326479
Some Pokemon use their walking animations in Pokefinder, which uses the battle models. Which is why Pokefinder lags a fuckton.
>>
>>33326455
so what
how do you explain the walking and running animation
>>
>>33326498
Pokefinder. For those that aren't in Pokefinder, there's a reason those animations are classed as unused.
>>
>>33326510
>made all 802 for pokefinder
FOH with that. I don't care about following pokemon but your argument that they are all for pokefinder is asinine
>>
>>33326643
We don't have any other explanation, and I really doubt Game Freak is going to add following Pokemon this gen.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 230x219px
>>33326510
then the overworld models already seem in SM (like miltank and meowth) arenĀ“t the same low poly models from the pic?
>>
>>33326715
No. They're different.
>>
File: 1481842791434.gif (765KB, 461x412px) Image search: [Google]
1481842791434.gif
765KB, 461x412px
>>33326745
I see, well we can still dream
>>
>>33326510

I DON'T KNOW... what you weed, but don't share with this because your braincells are ded...

they made walking and running animations for all pokemon, I don't believe they thought only about pokefinder, this is just way too stupid
>>
File: 1402926969952.jpg (34KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1402926969952.jpg
34KB, 175x175px
>>33326924
For someone accusing me of having dead braincells, you type like someone lacking them.
Besides, these animations are either animations they use for marketing or the Switch games. They might also be just basic animations made also to test the models.
>>
>>33326493
>Some Pokemon
exactly
>>
>>33326955
Why would they make models on the 3DS for the Switch games? It seems like a waste of time and resources to make models of all the Pokemon just to test it for another console.
>>
>>33326455
Can't we make a hack that simply uses the overworld models in battle or combines the shadow models with the battle textures and use them in battle?
I just want to speed up the framerate...
>>
>>33326955
>you type like someone lacking them.

another problem with someone typing different

WHAT I WAS EXPECTING FROM THIS BOARD
>>
>>33326988
The 3DS models are high-poly so that they can be used in future games without model modification.
>>33327074
Are you 12?
>>
>>33327074

I'm sorry for my typing YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO PERFECT, DON'T CHANGE !

I just... can't...
>>
>>33327081
On another console? Wouldn't they make models from scratch for the Switch?

And what about the low-poly walking/running models? Not every Pokemon is in Pokefinder.
>>
>>33327090

why ppl on this board/forum overall are such fucking life losers? why they sucking life's dick so hard with mere results? why they think they are better than others in literal bullshit? Like... they accuse others for being 12 but they act like fucking 8 or something
>>
File: Pachirisu_-_Pokken_Tournament.png (4MB, 2462x2904px) Image search: [Google]
Pachirisu_-_Pokken_Tournament.png
4MB, 2462x2904px
>>33327101
Why remake models for every Pokemon when you have all the models you'd need on hand? The 3DS models are so high-poly that Pokken uses these models unmodified for assist Pokemon. They just use different textures. Also, those low-poly models were explained in the OP.
>>
>>33327130
Okay, that's what I was asking for the high-poly models.

But the OP doesn't answer why they made low-poly walking/running models for every Pokemon. They don't walk/run in battle, and not every Pokemon is in Pokefinder.
>>
File: 1503092313814.jpg (137KB, 1125x740px) Image search: [Google]
1503092313814.jpg
137KB, 1125x740px
Following is going to be in the game.

This Sun and Moon hack MMO for iOS have said that they got the following the PC character to work as intended.

I imagine it was going to be planned for Sun And Moon but missed the deadline.
>>
>>33327155
They're not walking/running models. They're shadow models that support all the Pokemon animations because they're supposed to follow the main model's animations in battle. That's why in battle, the shadows are very crisp and clean, but if you look hard enough, you can see hard edges caused by the low-poly model.
>>
>>33327175
Then what's this? >>33324919
>>
>>33327218
That's a shadow model. Did you not read the OP?
>>
>>33327230
Pokemon don't walk or run in battle.
>>
>>33327251
I have been trying to tell you several times that the shadow models support all animations. Walking and running animations work on overworld models, battle models, and the shadow models. The shadow models work with battle animations, amie animations, and the walking/running animations. Do you understand now?
>>
>>33327264
That's the thing. Not every Pokemon has a overworld model but there's running and walking animations for every Pokemon. Unless they just decided to make it for every Pokemon for some reason.

And then again, there's nothing really stopping them from expanding on these models and adding walking Pokemon.
>>
>>33327304
To answer your question you need to know how animations typically work.

Every 3D model has a "skeleton" inside it that can be moved around and have animations applied to it. The skeleton for the high poly model can be used by other models, like the shadow model. Because Game Freak created walking and running animations using the skeleton for the high poly models, and the high poly and shadow models use the same skeleton, then logically the shadow models CAN use the walking and running animations.

The walking and running animations are NOT made specifically for the shadow models, the shadow models are just using the same animation instructions.

And to answer why Game Freak would create walking and running animations for all Pokemon even though only a handful are used in the Pokefinder minigame, it's likely because they knew movement animations were going to be needed in the future sometime, and they went ahead and did them all.

Why are most walking and running animations still in SM even though they are unused? Animation files are extremely small in file size, and probably weren't worth removing because there may be some unseen issue with ripping out those files.
>>
>>33327463
Thank you for explaining for me. It's also worth noting that the walking/running animations were clearly meant for the battle models, because there's animation details seen in the battle models that don't show up in the overworld models.
>>
>>33326643
It's futur proofing, just like the model
Those walking/running animation could be use in future game, future features. Hell maybe those walking animation were initially planned for that whole new "picture with your trainer" feature
That's as simple as that
>>
>>33327101
>Wouldn't they make models from scratch for the Switch?
Why would they? Make it right the first time and you don't have to make it again five more times down the line.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.