[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the anime the only thing that *doesn't* pander to Gen 1 fans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I've just been thinking about this lately and it feels like the anime is the only aspect of the franchise that goes out of its way NOT to appeal to Gen 1 fans or original Kanto fans:

1. The original trio itself has not been used in the anime in 15 years. It was never reunited for not even a single special or movie.

2. Misty really did stay gone permanently for the entire rest of the animes history after Johto

3. Although Brock lasted a long time, he was largely treated as a throwaway background exposition character rather than a focal point of the show. They also finally got rid of him for good after DP

4. Movie 20 which would have been the only realistic time to see Misty/Brock back in action, and the writers completely passed over it

5. Misty's cameos stopped as early as 2005. Misty's never appeared since mid-AG outside of flashbacks, she's also never met any of Ash's friends after May and Max

6. The writers buried Ash's old personality and constantly change it with each new saga to something different.

etc.

I think the anime is the only part of the franchise that goes out of its way to ignore the beginning of the series unlike Gamefreak's pandering.
>>
fuck off scott
>>
>>33325826
And its why I ignore the anime.
>>
>>33325826
>The writers buried Ash's old personality and constantly change it with each new saga to something different.
How is that a good thing?
Also how has it changed beyond becoming more one dimensional?
>>
>>33325869
>How is that a good thing?
>Also how has it changed beyond becoming more one dimensional?

I meant how each new saga he changes a little. In AG Ash was a bit more mature but still arrogant and hotheaded, in DP he was much more mature, in BW he became an idiot, in XY he was like a shonen hero, and in SM now he's basically a kid.
>>
>>33325884
Again, how is the protagonist being inconsistent in his character a good thing?
They should just change protagonists if they want to change his personality.

Oh, but wait. Gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>33325869
Ash has never had personality, and it changes because the anime is supposed to be watched by new kids who just bought the most recent games. So a personality reset happens to start it over with them
>>
>>33325898
He clearly had a personality at the beginning..

>>33325884
His characterization imo was very consistent up until the end of DP. Its BW and onwards they started changing him to near unrecognizability
>>
>>33325826
>brought back Charizard in Gen5 for no reason
>used the original English theme song in XY
>>
File: tumblr_oqdrufiFZi1woazm8o1_1280.jpg (105KB, 937x727px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqdrufiFZi1woazm8o1_1280.jpg
105KB, 937x727px
I always wondered why they kept Brock for so long. In Hoenn he was always in the background because the majority of focus went to Ash and May, and then even Max tended to get more eps in Hoenn than Brock did.

Then in DP, Brock became a real third-wheel with Ash and Dawn as co-stars, and all the recurring rivals like Paul, Zoey, etc. got more focus too. Brock was literally just there.
>>
File: Gen I Surf in S&M.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gen I Surf in S&M.png
1MB, 1280x960px
>>33325826
Here is where the bad news starts.
>>
>>33325826
Current japanese opening is same song that was during Kanto. If that counts.
>>
>>33325897
Oooo burn bruh
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.