[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O General: Worlds Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 37

File: festival.png (397KB, 410x440px) Image search: [Google]
festival.png
397KB, 410x440px
Old >>33287999

New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>https://pastebin.com/XDU1wEnz

TL:DR:
>Complete all Trainer Challenges to get 45 free packs (use Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games)
>Play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play.
>Farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets.
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs.
>DON'T OPEN THEM.
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the Lunala one.

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the forums in the trading section. Trading companies overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>Ask for emails and send em individually.
>Post your pulls or your mom dies in her sleep.
>>
>>33325757

>no "every turn" reliable way to inflict at least three conditions without jumbling three pokemon two of which are evos.

MUK GX still sucks unless we get a better way to inflict burn
>>
>>33325788
Pyrotoxic Laser?
>>
>Volc about to be btfo by a bunch of fish
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1JDEoNG-c
>>
>>33322448
Build one of those decks where it's main attacker is in a theme deck you can buy x2-4 to get a full set. Like NightStriker Zoruark.

>>33323309
GUZZLORD / GRI WHIMSICOTT NEW META
>>
twitch tv/pokemontcg
Worlds live now
>>
I swear if i see kappa in the chat again
>>
File: 1432926404387.png (311KB, 508x512px) Image search: [Google]
1432926404387.png
311KB, 508x512px
>>33326500
>>
have all the GX cards been illustrated by 5ban?
>>
>>33326918
Darkrai was done by PLANETA. 5ban has a pretty big monopoly on the GX cards though.
>>
>>33326918
>>33326977
5ban and planeta do all the GX cards, and the full art GX are exclusively done by 5ban. It would be nice if they changed it up.
>>
>>33326918
Necrozma, Darkrai, Ho-Oh, Bulu, Lunala and Solgaleo regular prints are from PLANETA.
The Pikachu GX is illustrated by Nakano Satoshi.
The Mimikyu is illustrated by Yasuda Shuhei.
All the others are from 5ban.
>>
Discord for anyone that wants in and such.

https://discord.gg/chVfNWb
>>
I'm on an eleven game winning streak with a fucking Weavile deck. Hilarious.
>>
>>33327156
Fuck off
>>
Does anyone have a rare candy they'll trade me? I dont have any packs atm and that's the only card i'm missing to build my deck
i just need the 1
>>
TCG STREAM WHEN
>>
>>33328188
If you have 63 coins buy a pikachu pack and put it up for a rare candy.
>>
>>33325788
How would you give it support while preventing it to OHKO the whole meta anytime though?
>>
>>33328201
It's been going since 12pm EST.

Israel the FIVE TIME, F-I-V-E TIME champion just got his day 2.
It's about to end though.

http://www.pokemonchampionships () com/official-live-streams-pokemon-tcg-championship-series
>>
>>33328201
>>33326347
>>
>>33328201
Just ended
>>
>>33328271
>>33328277
>>33328280
Damn, thanks. I hope I get to watch it tomorrow.
>>
1 more game left
>>
>>33328299
One more round, they've decided to put another match because they promised 7 games.
>>
>>33328299
NVM, THERE WILL BE A BONUS MATCH
>>
Question on levelling up online, is there much point in it? I'm only level 8 now but progress seems slow as fuck by only doing one daily challenge a day. Is there any point in picking a challenge for a type once you've hit level 3 with 10xp too? I keep getting offered them, but if you don't get anything else why bother?

Also anything worth investing in now before the trade value blows up from being good at worlds?
>>
>>33328408
At 16 the packs you get from the rare challenges are tradeable.
>>
>>33328408
Once you get to level 16 you can get challenges that give unlocked packs you can trade.
>>
>>33326307
More like Guzzlord singlehandedly brought darkrai turbo back

also holy shit Nihilego is funny
>>
kermit and kermit on the streams again.
>>
How can i replace leles on my decks until i get them?
Im currently flipping stuff for packs so i can buy leles but right now i aint got shit
>>
>>33328939
There really isn't a replacement for Lele. You can put in stuff like Octillery BKT or Oranguru, maybe, but you're just gonna have to deal with not having any until you can get them.
>>
>>33328939
You'll have to play unlimited and run Lapras LM instead
>>
>>33328978
Wow so lele isnt even an original card. That lapras was meta back then?
>>
>>33329016
Did you forgot Jirachi?
>>
>>33329016
It was seen, but it was nowhere near as dominant as Lele is now. In fact, I don't recall that many decks running Lapras -- the Holon engine was itself so powerful and consistent. Not to forget, Supporters weren't anywhere near as powerful as they are now.
>>
What should I be buying from the PTCGO shop? I got 700 coins and I figured I wanted to buy a few packs.
>>
>>33329226
Pikachu packs. You can trade them for non-UR's and packs.
Hell, even UR's if you put enough up, and sometimes they sweeten the pot just enough.
>>
File: 1495021537843.png (415KB, 661x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495021537843.png
415KB, 661x600px
>tfw this general isn't fast even during the most important Pokémon TCG event in the year

This is really sad.
>>
File: IMG_1922.jpg (46KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1922.jpg
46KB, 540x304px
Is the meta for the card game good right now ? I played the gbc game of this recently and really liked it.
>>
>>33329610
The meta is, always has been, and always will be trash
>>
>>33329610
Garbodor and Gardevoir are the most used decks in but its pretty diverse now.
>>
>>33329720
EXCUSE YOU
>>
So whats now viable on expanded?
-Turbo Latios lost Ferrothorn
-NM lost archeops but decidueye is longer playable
-primal groundon and water turbo face golisopod but its not annoying like vespiqueen
>>
>>33329944
The only reason NM really needed archeops was to shore up matchups against stuff like Greninja. Now you just run straight NM with marshadow to shore up your matchups really. You hit the spectrum for 3 weaknesses which is pretty ridiculous upon analysis.

Primal Groudon runs focus sash regularly anyway, you're still going to have trouble KO'ing them before they start OHKO'ing you. Alongside that Guzma literally doesn't affect Groudon, it means they just run the same setup as usual and slowroll you until they can KO you back to back.

Latios donk was a meme.
>>
File: wishthatwasedible.jpg (8KB, 225x235px) Image search: [Google]
wishthatwasedible.jpg
8KB, 225x235px
Any of you ever built a cube?

I want to make an expanded format non-EX/GX/BREAK one, do you have any suggestions of lines that I could include? Or, for that matter, lines that I should *not* include? Thanks!
>>
>>33330534
Nobody plays that
>>
>>33330583
I'm aware, I want to be the very first.
>>
>>33329383
Should I open the boxes or no?
>>
>>33330716
No. Opening the boxes gives you clothing items for your avatar. Just trade the boxes as-is for stuff.
>>
>Alolan Muk + Nihilego hits 200 with CB and 1 Seviper, 220 if they stay in and a potential 250 if they hit themselves

4x Scoop Up, Koko, switchers and Chaos Tower makes this sound more consistent than Salazzle. That said it's another card post rotation baby Muk shuts down and it's outclassed by an item in expanded.
>>
File: IMG_0903.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0903.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Yes, this pleases me...
>>
>>33330840
No dice bag?
>>
how did tcg worlds shake out. vg worlds was odd from my perspective. many americans I expected to make day 2 did not. many japanese in day 2 versus last year when they bombed. peru of all countries advanced two players to day two. the defending world champ wolfe made day 2 as well
>>
>>33331017
There usually isn't one avalable. I've got a 2014 and a 2016 Worlds deck boxes, and I just keep my deck in one compartment and my dice in the other.
>>
>>33331103
The people who get through to day 2 aren't always the "best" players there, nor are they the most-well known ones. Like any touraments, there's a lot of random effects like who plays who, and how they're doing on the day, so it's never "surprising" if a strong player doesn't cut in a single tournament.
>>
>>33331103

No idea apart from Jap players getting to use the non-GX tapu lele even though it's not out anywhere else
>>
>>33331160
It's just a spiritomb that runs on psychic.
>>
>>33331147
Very true. What is important is to analyze the deck matchups round per round. And if possible, what the turn by turn play is. That way you know if the player made suboptimal plays, lost to a tech, or just straight up bricked.
>>
File: 1479413607438.jpg (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479413607438.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
>>33331103
It's hard to tell since we can't watch every game and the fact is most players in Day 2 were already some of the most notable players around and day 1 are players who couldn't make top points in their region.

I believe John Kettler didn't make it which was a shame but Israel Sosa the FIVE TIME, F-I-V-E TIME, champ made it to day 2 by the skin of his teeth. There should be more heartbreaks day 2 though.

Personally I'm rooting for tablemon and rahul. Somewhat Azul just because he's from my region.
>>
what time do the streams start back?
>>
>>33331952
12pm EST.

So about 4 hours from now.
>>
File: 1503005252886.jpg (94KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503005252886.jpg
94KB, 720x960px
is there any point in playing this game if you don't want to follow the meta? can you just pick a Pokemon line that looks cool and do well with it, or will you just get buried by tourneyfags and meta slaves?

asking for a friend.
>>
>>33332323
Any deck can win, the problem is winning consistently.

Like all games played competitively you're going to lose often if you don't play the optimal deck in the most optimal way. But yes, you can run anything and win.

The "meta" is usually defined by around 3-5 decks and expanded is ruled by now deck because the card pool is too huge.
>>
>>33332323
It depends.

Basically, the main point of making decks is not to build it around favorite pokemon names, but around their attacks and abilities. Trainers are important too. Meta is just a list of examples how some pokemons' attacks may be compatible and highly effective. Most people don't bother experimenting and play as it is.
If you like some cool mons, just read their attacks and think how it should be played to win. Magic number of the passable damage is 180 for now.
>>
>>33332323
No, you either play casually in a controlled environment (with only people you know) or you play with the cards that are designed to win. And Leles. You have to buy Leles otherwise you lose and it's totally your fault for not playing the mandatory 50 bucks card.

I woke up really salty. I'm getting sick of this game...
>>
Stream starts now for anyone who wants to watch.

http://www.pokemonchampionships () com/official-live-streams-pokemon-tcg-championship-series
>>
alright are we with the asian guy or the loser with the knit celebi plushie
>>
>garb golisopod vs garb drampa

okay we're rooting for the gook
>>
First plumeria, now multiswitch, glad i have them stacked to trade.
>>
I stopped playing a little after S&M got released, my versus deck was yveltal/garb, is that still viable?
>>
>>33334039
No, most decks now are gardevoir, garbodor BS and other new stuff.
>>
Shintaro just cheated. He double evolved his third Decidueye.
>>
>>33334071
You got this report inside the event or a stream?
>>
>Goli/Garb/Drampa losing

Who'd have thought?
>>
>>33334071
I just switched to the stream when you said it and they said he had been hexed last turn. Did the Decidueye matter? or could he have evolved next turn legaly and nothing would have changed?
Not trying to excuse him, just curious.
>>
>>33330534
How do cubes work in this game? Does pulling 1 Pokemon get you 4 copies of its full evolutionary chain?
>>
Just got muted for saying "exodia" in chat, really?
>>
File: 1424584845440.jpg (173KB, 1072x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424584845440.jpg
173KB, 1072x720px
>>33334296
>Muted in chat for saying Exodia.

They know, anon.
>>
>>33325757
why are there so many black people on this game? Every other person I play is black
>>
>>33334378
Go outisde of Detroid then
>>
>>33334393
I actually live near detroit, so thats probably the problem
>>
File: Dusknoir BUS.png (156KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
Dusknoir BUS.png
156KB, 245x342px
I wish they had given this ability to Dusclops.
>>
>>33332323
"the meta" is not a dogma or set of rules set by people that you have to follow. This is a common misconception. The meta is a reflection of what cards are available, and the reality that some cards are more useful than others.

This is similar to how the laws of physics aren't DECIDED by physicists, they are OBSERVED by physicists. You could kill every physicist in the world and destroy all written human records, and it would do nothing to change how the universe works. Similarly, you could kill every single meta slave and it still wouldn't make a shitmon into a useful card.

This isn't a yes or no to your question, because either of those answers wouldn't be accurate. The accurate answer is that your mindset is deeply flawed.
>>
>Tablemon vs a fat ass
lol
>>
>>33335001
That was one hell of a choke. Hope he has a better second game.
>>
>>33335001

Brick
>>
What if double brick?
>>
why do I hate ross cawthon so much, I can't remember
>>
File: expectdonk.png (293KB, 382x260px) Image search: [Google]
expectdonk.png
293KB, 382x260px
Lmao @ megaray donk
>>
Could you guys help a noob out
Before you tell me to add, leles, i dont have any right now but i'm on my way to my first one

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 4 Grubbin SUM 13
* 4 Tapu Bulu-GX PR-SM SM32
* 2 Charjabug SUM 51
* 4 Vikavolt SUM 52
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 3 N DEX 96
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 3 Rare Candy PLB 85
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113

##Energy - 12

* 5 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6
* 7 Grass Energy HS 115

Total Cards - 60

It's meant to be post rotation btw
>>
>>33335184
No shaymin or oranguru?
>>
Fat man is very fat.
>>
>>33335223
orangurus yeah but no shaymin, i started a few weeks ago and this is pretty much a copy of my current IRL deck save for the rarities
>>
>>33335072
Did the japanese man win?
>>
>>33335255
Never mind

Based Kiawe
>>
Play Drampa garb
Get rekt
>>
Tablemon for champion of PTCG 2017
>>
>>33335330
It's cool seeing Pablo do well, and seeing Drampa Garb get destroyed.
>>
>>33335184
You're on the right track dude. Not a lot of people have highly tuned post-rotation lists, so the format is largely untested.

That said, you do not have access to the lele brigette setup, which is going to make you more dependent on drawing your basics or item cards. You may be able to cut vikavolt to 3 because you only need one to function.

I do NOT like drampa moving forward. The format can easily hit 180 damage in many ways, making it harder to get berserk damage. Gardevoir also severely punishes you for putting three energy on a target that isn't bulky. I sort of like triple recycler when you can't use vs seeker for brock's grit, but it might not be necessary.

You definitely want tapu lele, but with those two slots or more, you have many options. Heavy ball and skyla would be fine increases. If you want more options for basics, another koko might be fine. I didn't like koko gx in worlds format but it's probably better than drampa because it can one-shot things with its gx attack in matchups where tapu wilderness gx isn't good. Maybe it's worth playing.

At the end of the day, fuck what I say and test your deck. Good luck.
>>
Whose idea was to make these cliche promotional videos with moody music
>>
>>33335366
Masuda.
>>
Noob incoming: How is bulu/lurantis gx? Saw a clip of the deck on youtube and it looks like a lot of fun, plus lurantis is a nice design, but how well does it work with the meta?
>>
>>33335400
Vikavolt/Bulu is better, you probably saw a clickbait channel.
>>
Hey, TCG people. I'm not a TCG player, just a brand new casual sort-of-collector. (By which I mean that I bought a couple of packs of cards at the store as an impulse buy, several times now.)

Anyway, in the most recent pack I bought, I got an interesting card that I think may actually be reasonably rare? It's a Machamp GX, apparently a holographic "full art" variant, numbered 135/147. The internet says it's "ultra rare."

So my question is -- is this actually something genuinely rare that I should be excited about finding? Or not really? Like I said, I'm new to this, so I have very little idea what's actually good or not.
>>
Why is Israel Sosa playing Ninetails? is he memeing? whats his list tech if it can beat gard gx
>>
>>33335512
oh man sadly you opened the worst gx in the set
>>
>>33335512
Each box has 1-2 SR cards so yeah its kinda rare
>>
>>33335512
It is genuinely rare compared to other pokemon cards. However, there is still a large supply of it due to just how many packs are produced. The demand for it is low compared to other ultra-rare cards that are used by TCG players. It has intrinsic value to collectors and machamp fans.

Alternative answer: Don't ask 4chan how you should feel about something you little bitch. Either you like it or you don't and my opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>33335529
>>33335534
Thanks!

>>33335553
I definitely like it either way. It's a neat-looking card. Doesn't mean I can't be curious about just how "rare" rare actually is!
>>
>>33335567
check ebay or tcgplayer pokemon to see how "rare" a card is. By rare I assume you mean if it has any monetary value.
>>
>>33335584
>>33335584
>By rare I assume you mean if it has any monetary value.

Ehh, not really, it's not like I'm planning on selling it. More just in the sense of "did I beat the odds in getting this card considering it was maybe the fifth pack I've bought in my life."

(But I did take your suggestion to check Ebay... it's going for about $5.)
>>
>>33335448
Ty for your input. With that said is there any viable deck that uses Lurantis gx? I'm salvaging some money to get started in tcg and I'm hoping that I can start with a core witth mons that I like
>>
>>33333333

>>33335671
Golisopod does more damage and Rayquaza recycles energy better, Lurantis is pretty dead.
>>
Taking a prize for slow play is pretty funny there
>>
>>33335671
Lurantis gx/bulu is a deck, but it's not dominant. I personally had some success playing lurantis gx with golisopod before burning shadows.
>>
>>33329085
>>33329016
Lele just also has no weakness, and a decent attack.
Meaning it's not a huge liability to have on your bench.

That's part of why Shaymin was so good too. One DCE let it go back to your hand where it was safe (and reusable).
>>
Turd Rektlev
>>
>>33329610
Best it's been in a while, and fairly fun.

Also slowing down die to Garbodor, so entry is easier for people without super efficient decks.

I got into it due to the GBC games too, and while getting used to not-theme took a bit, I'm really enjoying it.
>>
I just played against a Greninja break deck as Vika bulu, i had to take 5 mulligans and still won
i feel ok
>>
>>33335770
Congratulations, but that matchup is close to unlosable.
>>
Man fuck tord
>>
>>33330534
>>33330624
Like no one ever was

I'd help but the only people I know only have experience with mtg cubes, and those build very differently. I only know one who even knows how to play both, and he's awful at pokemon. About as bad as I am at Magic.

Something i do know is that since most pokemon decks in a format run on the same engine to draw and hand-fix, you'd have to include Number of players×4 of those just to make sure no one is super gimped.
N, Sycamore, Ultra ball, VS Seekers, that sort of thing.
>>
>N'd to 1
>topdeck game
It's like I'm watching a game on the client
>>
File: i just want some food.jpg (154KB, 928x736px) Image search: [Google]
i just want some food.jpg
154KB, 928x736px
>>
>>33335895
Sadly, truer words have never been spoken.
>>
>>33335223
>POST ROTATION
>>
I like pokemon and enjoy playing it. Trying to make a pokemon cube is like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. The game is not designed for limited play.

That said, my local scene has a variant called "mutant draft" where you draft pokemon normally, but you may evolve a pokemon into any pokemon that has the correct stage and type. For example, you may evolve alolan ratata into alolan muk GX. I haven't played it, but I've heard it's fun.
>>
>>33335942
Oranguru is SM
>>
>>33335947
>The game is not designed for limited play.
My friends and I did a pokemon draft. It actually works decently well. Closer to Theme.
>>
>everyone playing drampa garb
Fuck worlds
>>
>>33335947
>The game is not designed for limited play.
They have tournament rules for booster draft
https://assets.pokemon.com//assets/cms2/pdf/play-pokemon/rules/play-pokemon-tcg-rules-and-formats-en.pdf
>>
>>33335886
Thanks anon. I'll keep that in mind!

>>33334276
From what I read about, you have to include few evolution lines with larger distributions (like 8-6-4 for each stage 2). You can also apply the mutant rule: anything can evolve to the next stage, as long as it's the same type.

I'm interested in the former, but I don't know which Pokémon would be good choices.

I think Eeveelutions would be nice. Maybe Talonflame, since it works even if you don't get a complete line. But that's it, I have little knowledge about anything before ROS, specially disconsidering EXs, that's why I asked.
>>
>>33336028
This is day 2 of worlds. It's going to come down to which deck was the better metagame call. You are going to see mirrors even in a diverse metagame. Drampa isn't even that great right now. It's a huge liability against metagross, gardevoir, and golisopod. Espeon is overall the stronger card, it just happens to have a worse weakness.
>>
>>33336082
Bud light could make a web page all about using it as a drink mixer, but that wouldn't make it designed for drink mixing.
>>
anyone got a rough breakdown of the decks that showed up for day two and how many?
>>
>>33336144
All I've seen is Gardi, and Deci, and lots of Trash
>>
>>33336196
>Trash
6.5/10 pun
>>
I have 3 Tapu Leles, one of them is SR. I don't really care about the SR thing, should I trade it or do I need 3 Leles? I've been using 2 Leles in all my decks, anyways
>>
>>33336315
trade the RR Lele for 52 packs or so then get one regulart art for 26ish then keep the rest of the packs for flipping.
>>
>>33336087
wouldn't it be better to have a "marked" cube and an unmarked pile of cards and whenever you draft a pokémon from the cube you get a 1-1 line from the unmarked pile?
So if I draft ralts and gardevoir from the cube I end up with two Ralts, a Kirlia and a Gardevoir or If I draft a Ninetales I end up with a Vulpix and a Ninetales?
This way you're rewarded for drafting full lines but aren't punshed for picking strong stage 2s as a gameplan, expecially in a cube without EX and GX pokémon. (the marked/unmarked is only to avoid people cheating by lying on where they got the pokémon, but if you have nice friends it shouldn't be necessary.)
I build cubes in MTG so I would be interested in seeing a pokémon cube.
>>
>>33336328
How does one optimally flip?
How much startup is needed?
>>
>>33336345
For the pokémon cube? I don't know, never done one before.
>>
>>33336345
I saw now you probably meant to reply to >>33336322
I don't flip much but you simply buy some cards at less than their market place and sell them for more, getting free packs.
>>
>>33336345
>>33336432
Very simple stuff. Take Octillery Abyssal Hand. Buy for 1 BUS/GRI. Then resell for 2 packs. You could sell for more but your results will vary of course. Flipping is never 100% accurate. You just figure something that works for a couple weeks and then move on the next flavor of the month. Keep an on worlds. Whatever does well is going to be hyped up and you can take advantage of it.
>>
>>33336345
I started flipping when BUS dropped with nothing but a bunch reverse holo junk I'd opened, a couple GXs, and 0 packs. Currently sitting on 20 GRI, admittedly not that much, but I've probably made at least 60 packs in profit since I started and traded them to get pieces of decks I wanted to make. Been playing less than 3 months and already have 3 fully built standard-meta decks. The way I do it is to find something that's worth about 2 packs. Put up offers buying them for one pack, then after someone bites try selling them for 2-3 packs to gain profit. Use some of your new profit to buy another for one pack, sell it for 2-3, and repeat until you have your desired amount of packs.
>>
File: 1501194258866.png (103KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501194258866.png
103KB, 217x320px
>dabble in this game for about a week, having some fun
>want to start playing more
>realize I have to start completely from scratch and invest time/money into an unfamiliar game
>realize I have to learn about metas and then memorize a million different Pokemon abilities and attacks
>realize I have to lose a whole lot before I gain a basic understanding of the game
>feel overwhelmed and quit
guess I'm just a lazy entitled millennial.
>>
What should I be spending coins on right now? I know the packs bought can not be traded but is there a particular set with more good cards in it than another? Should I just be spending all my coins on fucking Roaring Skies for the damn Shaymins?
>>
>>33336601
pikachu packs. 55 tokens each. 5 pikachu packs = 1 tradeable pack on public. slow grind but better than praying for a random pull
>>
>>33336601
Don't waste your time with Shaymins right now
>>
>>33336609
What's a Pikachu pack?
>>
>>33336601
Now you will spend coins to get Lele instead
>>
File: pika packs.png (572KB, 1143x607px) Image search: [Google]
pika packs.png
572KB, 1143x607px
>>33336629
All it has are clothes for your character. You can also use those packs to pick up small stuff like supporters/items/stadiums rather than resorting to theme deck buying.
>>
>when u see the writing on the wall and realize you're going to lose the prize trade because tord took one first and ruleshark to get a prize penalty and still only win off of a topdeck

just sablehaus things
>>
>>33334545
>you could kill every single meta slave and it still wouldn't make a shitmon into a useful card
but it would become a useful card if the meta slaves and tourneyfags stopped playing the better cards i.e. if people played for fun rather than for winning. And don't say winning=fun because that's meta slave talk, boy.
>>
File: 1402869969820.png (120KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
1402869969820.png
120KB, 250x345px
>Just signed up for a sealed event at Worlds.
>Hope for GRI or BUS prerelease packs and loose packs.
>It's Evolutions

Disgusting, but i'm stuck with it due to a no refund policy.
>>
File: more messages below.png (12KB, 293x423px) Image search: [Google]
more messages below.png
12KB, 293x423px
>>
>>33336860
I felt so bad for the guy but it seems like he'll at least tie
>>
>>33336693
>implying you're not a slave to the bizarro tourneyfag mentality
>>
>>33336995
Ya boi Guzma says no
>>
>>33336995
heh
>>
>>33336693
(screencap taken from a thread at pokebeach)
The problem is that there are way too many people who think they aren't real players unless they win at any cost.

Some people really think they are better players if they win over someone who doesn't want to pay a ridiculous price for a card or tries to play for fun with something that is not what everyone else is using.

I don't know if people get this stupid on other card games, but PTCG is sickening. People constantly pay to win, find it fair and think it's dumb not to do so.
>>
>>33336693
If you stop playing cards because they are good, you are just an inverse meta slave. You are still refusing to play some portion of the cards based on the meta.

The whole meta slave mindset where it would be sunshine and rainbows if everybody wanted to have fun is flawed. Deal with it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-19-19-59-04-1.png (234KB, 1198x832px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-19-19-59-04-1.png
234KB, 1198x832px
>>33337116
Of course, I forgot the image
>>
File: tryhard.png (174KB, 540x695px) Image search: [Google]
tryhard.png
174KB, 540x695px
>>33337116
>I don't know if people get this stupid on other card games, but PTCG is sickening. People constantly pay to win, find it fair and think it's dumb not to do so.
>>
>>33337128
>If you stop playing cards because they are good
No I just want to play cards that are appealing in other ways, rather than for their raw power. Playing "bad decks" for the sake of bad decks is just as bad as playing the meta. But Pokemon is designed in such a way that playing anything other than raw powerhouse cards means you lose almost always.

>it would be sunshine and rainbows if everybody wanted to have fun
but this is objectively true. more fun, less toxicity, less neckbeards wrapping their self esteem around winning in what is, quite literally, a children's card game.
>>
File: you.jpg (386KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
386KB, 2500x2500px
>>33337164
>>
>>33337164
This image does not address the argument, which is that netdecking is sickening. This image actually AFFIRMS the idea that everyone should be netdecking and playing the decks that ""pro players"" tell you to play, even though that violates an entire aspect of a TCG i.e. deckbuilding.

The normie in the image is objectively breaking the rules of tic-tac-toe. Not netdecking is not breaking any rules in Pokemon and netdecking is only considered strictly proper in a tournament setting i.e. what tourneyfags do.
>>
File: 1503026787160.jpg (54KB, 728x970px) Image search: [Google]
1503026787160.jpg
54KB, 728x970px
>>33337137
>$50 for a piece of painted cardboard with no intrinsic value
>good investment
>>
>>33337171
>But Pokemon is designed in such a way that playing anything other than raw powerhouse cards means you lose almost always.

This is every card game. If a set has 300 cards, 50 of them will be real cards and 250 will be filler. This isn't the fault of the players. You may wish more cards were viable, and so do I, but I will not take responsibility for the decisions of the designers.

If you want to be honest about it, just solicit games and confess that you don't want to play with or against lele. Just don't take it personally if many people would rather play the game as it is.

>but this is objectively true. more fun, less toxicity, less neckbeards wrapping their self esteem around winning in what is, quite literally, a children's card game.
There isn't anything toxic about playing a game and not having a mindset where you avoid making good deckbuilding decisions and plays.

There is something inherently toxic about judging somebody about how virtuous they are as a player if their deck isn't "fun" enough.
>>
Sure would be nice to watch a game without garb on stream...
>>
>>33337191
But netdecking is more or less the inevitable result of people playing. Its one player taking advantage of the fact that other players have done the endless testing of their decks because they enjoy creating efficient decks and decks designed to best support a particular strategy. Anyone who played enough would eventually end up building a deck more or less like the more popular decks because they'd eventually realize what is and isn't working.
I mean, I hate that shit like Lele costs so much. I double fucking hate Shaymin and am physically fucking aroused at it getting cycled out, but that's just because they are the best cards for a particularly useful function in game and everyone who plays would eventually realize that.
>>
>>33337116
>People constantly pay to win
How do you get cards if you don't pay? Do you steal them from other people or do you just steal booster boxes from a store??
>>
>>33337215
>just solicit games and confess that you don't want to play with or against lele. Just don't take it personally if many people would rather play the game as it is.
Are you defending the fact that 2-3 Lele is literally mandatory in every single deck if you want to have any shot at winning consistently? Because it just seems like terrible design to me , and the price of the card doesn't help the argument.

>deckbuilding decisions
you mean "play this card or lose"? that's quite a difficult decision to make.
>>
>>33337191
Why is netdecking sickening? Beyond that not everybody plays the same exact list of an archetype because decks are molded to the player's style. In your eyes is attempting to compete with the best tools available to you somehow wrong? I really don't understand.
>>
What is the current most valued pack in ptcgo?
>>
>>33337263
Probably Guardians Rising for Lele
>>
>>33336548
McKay, thanks.
>>
>all these people complaining about price
There's a reason I play PTCGO and not the cardboard game. Magic taught me the horrors of competitive card games very well.

>>33337263
>>33337270
HS Triumphant is worth ~3 GRI if you go off the pricing site posted in the OP. GRI is the best for trading right now though due to Lele and demand.
>>
>>33337263
Guardians by far. Burning Abyss is crashing hard.
>>
>>33334296
Another guy did the same and his comment is intact so they got more chill now.
>>
File: sf2t.jpg (104KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sf2t.jpg
104KB, 1440x1080px
>>33337191
>This image does not address the argument, which is that netdecking is sickening.
Netdecking isn't wrong in any way. It's actually great.

If you're playing a game and you are in a character select screen, it would not at all be fair if the screen was obscured by a lack of information and many players weren't even aware of some of their options.

It's also a great equalizer. I've only been playing the game for about a month, but people are already asking me about what they should put in their decks. If a new/casual player wants advice, that's just a verbal form of netdecking because I will try to steer them in the right direction. They wouldn't even be asking for help if they didn't want to win.
>>
>All this meta is too stronk bait.
Just play anti-meta. Or just take a break from the game. Doubt we will get a Tapu Lele GX promo tin.
>>
>>33336465
Octillery is only 1.5
http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

But I guess that's why it works. Can't split a pack so people round.
>>
>>33337250
>Are you defending the fact that 2-3 Lele is literally mandatory in every single deck if you want to have any shot at winning consistently? Because it just seems like terrible design to me , and the price of the card doesn't help the argument.
I don't have to defend it because we don't make that decision. Real life doesn't care about your feelings and some things are not democracies.

That said, and ignoring price, I like that lele is in the game. It introduces more decisions in the game, and reduces donks and bricks. It gives every deck a backup attacker and gives a decent reward to decks that can efficiently knock out wimpy GX pokemon. Lele might mean that you only get to pick 57-58 cards in your deck, but lele also makes it so that you have more freedom with those remaining 57-58 cards.

Almost every deck has lele, but that's not necessarily a mistake. Every deck plays energy and some supporters like sycamore.
>>
>>33337215
>There is something inherently toxic about judging somebody about how virtuous they are as a player if their deck isn't "fun" enough.
Nobody said you must make fun decks, the issue that was pointed out is that players who become meta slaves end up dictating how the game must be played.

Take the video games, for example. It has the same flaws, but there you have Smogon to at least try to balance things.

Why doesn't the TCG have something like this? Because not every player is able to afford the meta. Players want to invest in what will give the best results and they want to make sure that they made a good choice. They don't want a fake format to ban their investment. Of course, you are playing as the game was designed to be: paying to win.

And the reason this mindset is toxic is that in order to keep up with this kind of people, you must become like them.
>>
>>33337240
>Ignoring obvious price discrepancies
Stop being silly
>>
File: 1487616823932.png (39KB, 189x420px) Image search: [Google]
1487616823932.png
39KB, 189x420px
>>33337310
>Burning Abyss is crashing hard.
It will never die
>>
>>33337399
>I don't have to defend it because we don't make that decision. Real life doesn't care about your feelings and some things are not democracies.
You can choose to keep ignoring a very serious design flaw in the game (and with most TCGs in general) if you want. The game will never get any better if everyone has this kind of attitude, but it's your choice to make. The price of Lele isn't even a problem for me, honestly, because I have a well paying job and could drop the cash for them at any time. I simply choose not to, at this point. The very existence of cards like Lele is unhealthy for the game, and I am on the fence for just walking away permanently.

Watching the World's right now, and it's literally the same 2-3 decks with the exact same cards in every single game. The worst part as that the winner of this tournament will completely dictate the meta for the next year.
>>
>>33337439
Nice catch. Burning Abyss link when?
>>
>>33337400
>Nobody said you must make fun decks, the issue that was pointed out is that players who become meta slaves end up dictating how the game must be played.
The players don't dictate how the game is played completely. The cards themselves play a role. It's not my fault lele is good.

>Why doesn't the TCG have something like this? Because not every player is able to afford the meta.
Not every person can afford to play polo. It's an expensive luxury hobby. $150 for three lele's is cheaper than polo, or golf, or mtg, or other hobbies.

I wish everybody could have leles and that pokemon could monetize without having this expensive card, but to be frank, you're an envious and misguided fool if you think somebody is toxic and becomes "like them" because they bought a trading card.
>>
>>33337457

Cool m8, I think you got your answer.

Go fuck off and go play a perfect TCG.
>>
File: 1500090097256.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1500090097256.gif
4MB, 204x204px
Even Golisopod is just another Garb variant now.
>>
File: IMG_3189.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3189.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Well, at least it wasn't a waste of time.
>>
>>33337457
Yeah because M-Audino was all the rage right? The winner from last worlds fell into obscurity. Because everyone was playing nightmarch, it was the perfect anti-meta call. Make one yourself. Japan makes staples to sell product.
>>
>>33337477
>muh relative expense argument
Polo and golf are expensive because the equipment required to play are objectively expensive to produce and distribute. Horses, fields, golf clubs, golf carts, tees, etc. are legitimate expenses.

Tapu Lele is a piece of cardboard with no inherent value. It is not expensive to produce or distribute. It does not have a scarcity because they can always print more. It is expensive because it is expensive, similar to how Kim Kardashian is famous because she is famous.

It's extortion, nothing more nothing less.
>>
>>33337477
I wish they made it so Lele could be more easily countered (IE: The Weakness mechanic the game is supposed to have)
>>
>>33337457
>The very existence of cards like Lele is unhealthy for the game, and I am on the fence for just walking away permanently.

The only flaw I see is the price. Sycamore is good for the game and every deck plays 3-4. I see lele the same way and not as a flaw.

>Watching the World's right now, and it's literally the same 2-3 decks with the exact same cards in every single game.
You're seeing the same 2-3 decks because the seventh featured round of day 2 is going to have the decks that were favored in the metagame for that tournament.

>The worst part as that the winner of this tournament will completely dictate the meta for the next year.
How new R U? Worlds in pokemon is for a shortlived format and crazy decks can win. Last year was won by mega audino. Who the fuck plays that deck? You can't decide the meta for a year when the format only exists for about a month.
>>
IT'S A JAP OFF.
>>
>>33337500
If every card had the same price the trading economy would break. We get it, its not your thing.
>>
>>33335512
There is *a* card of this rarity or better in every sixth pack or so. Machamp itself seems to be found in around one in 66 packs.

Unfortunately like others said, it is the absolute worst one in recent memory. Like it takes the title for worst GX card since GX cards became a thing.
>>
Ho-oh/Salazzle what!?
>>
>>33337399
>I don't have to defend it because we don't make that decision. Real life doesn't care about your feelings and some things are not democracies
It's hard to believe we are talking about a card game.

People could just boicot the damn card. There, now it's a democracy.

Anon, think about it, if they printed a card that said "when you put this card on the bench, you win", would you buy it? It would cost a lot, would you feel like a winner when you played it, since you put effort to buy it?

I know I made an hyperbole here, I just want to make you think that there is a point where the design of a game becomes infected by its need to sell. We players should be capable of identifying this, but it's impossible since there is always someone who thinks it's ok for a card to become mandatory in every deck.
>>
>>33337503
That's a terrible idea. If lele had a weakness, that type would become the best type. Lele being effectively colorless is an equalizer. The counterplay to lele is to use it for easy prizes. If they wanted to nerf lele, I would rather it have fewer hp like shaymin.
>>
Can't see with all this bling.
>>
File: why you dont bling.png (397KB, 724x362px) Image search: [Google]
why you dont bling.png
397KB, 724x362px
>>
>>33337517
>trading economy
This doesn't have anything to do with the mechanics of the game. The only people who care about trading and value are collectors looking to make a buck.

If Lele were printed a million more times, it would still be in every single competitive deck. Except now more players would have access to it and the problem with artificial scarcity is solved.
>>
>>33337550
>>33337555
Where is the stream at?
>>
>>33337570
>>33326347
>>
>>33337570

twitch tv slash pokemontcg
>>
>>33337206
>with no intrinsic value
Nothing but food, wood, and textiles have intrinsic value, and even then only because they're far more closely applicable to our survival drive than everything else.
I've noticed most "intrinsic value" fuckers tend to be goldbugs.
>>
>>33337525
I dunno, I'd still say it's better than Snorlax, Fini, Bewear, Ash's Pikachu and Rocket's Mimikyu. There's been some real awful GXs printed. Machamp at least has the benefits of Strong Energy, Regirock EX, Machoke's ability.
>>
>leave thread for a few hours
>come back
>shitstorm about Lele
What the fuck just happened? Usually these threads are pretty calm.
>>
>>33337310
GRI and BUS are at parity, and I doubt BUS will fall below .75 because so many of the cards fill niches or archetypes.
>>
>>33337601
The cosmic power of Worlds happened.
>>
>>33337592
>Ash's Pikachu and Rocket's Mimikyu
I think those cards were exclusively designed to be played with each other, not competitively
>>
>>33337496
>The winner from last worlds fell into obscurity.
The deck or the player? A player who makes that kind of meta call doesn't seem like the kind who falls into obscurity, really.
>>
>>33337544
it's almost like they're trying to sell you stuff.
>>
>>33337582
>tripfags
Precious metals have intrinsic value due to their scarcity. Farm land has intrinsic value due to the scarcity of rich soils and its usefulness for survival. There are a million examples of things that have intrinsic value other than food and wood.

Lele objectively has no intrinsic value, other than the price to produce, print and distribute it. It has obscene extrinsic value because of its limited printings and need for competitive play.
>>
>>33337592
I don't know if the Team Rocket pair count. I had forgotten them anyway. You're right with those two at least. But I would rate Snorlax, Fini & even Bewear all above the Stage 2s Kommo'o & Machamp.
>>
>>33337617
Oh damn thanks, that's from another thread.
There's no difference between extrinsic or intrinsic value. Lele is sought after and scarce, therefore it is valuable.
>>
>>33337592
The cards you mention are promos, not meant to be good. And fini may have its niche.
>>
>>33337487
That's a $50+ card, nice
>>
>>33330534
>playing 4 cubes with Guzzlord
>>
>>33337650
WHY? Why is it 50$? Please explain.
>>
>>33337665
Because that is what someone, somewhere, for some reason, is willing to pay for it. That person may or may not be of questionable intelligence.
>>
>>33337544
>Anon, think about it, if they printed a card that said "when you put this card on the bench, you win", would you buy it? It would cost a lot, would you feel like a winner when you played it, since you put effort to buy it?
The gameplay of that card wouldn't be very good. Basically nothing else would matter.

Lele on the other hand is fine I think. Nobody ever complains about sycamore because players have so many copies, but sycamore sees more play than lele. My thinking about the impact lele has on the game is completely divorced from its price point. I like lele as a game piece.

If I could snap my fingers and make lele a common, I would, but I think that there is some cognitive dissonance going on here where players are looking for reasons to call lele a bad design when they only have a problem with its rarity symbol.

Obviously everybody who isn't made of money has their line where they have to say "this hobby isn't for me." That's up to you man.

Finally, while it's not great that lele is a super rare or whatever, pokemon is aware of the benefits of accessibility. There are things you can do with sets that drive prices up or down, and pokemon does mitigate costs somewhat compared to other games. Pokemon cards are super cheap compared to other games, and a big part of this that a lot of the value of the game is loaded into cosmetic options like rainbow rares.
>>
>>33337665
Charizard tax
>>
>>33337665
>foil
>charizard
>"this card is rarer" stamp
>>
S H U F F L E
D Q
D Q
DAIRY QUEEN DONE FUCKED A SHUFFLE
>>
I was watching the Pokken Grand Finals and when I came back they had a translator and a judge talking. What happened? Did someone intentionally cheat or did it look like a fuck up?
>>
Does anyone kind of like Kermits voice? Used to watch Pooka years ago and not too bothered by his voice.
>>
Whoop Whoop that's the sound of the Judge
Whoop Whoop that's the sound of the Beast
>>
>>33337716
Someone fucked up a shuffle somehow.
>>
Based judge telling players to actually shuffle their deck and not do anime-style shuffles that are basically just four cuts. This is worlds, randomize your deck.
>>
>>33337722
Yeah, that sounds like fucking card games. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>33337722
The players were doing the yugioh anime shuffle where you don't really shuffle, you just overhand cut 4-5 times. It looks like shuffling, but it isn't.
>>
Another Japanese player getting a shuffle penalty. I think it 2 total for the day.

Why is the overhand shuffle so popular for Japanese players.
>>
>>33337477
>but to be frank, you're an envious and misguided fool if you think somebody is toxic and becomes "like them" because they bought a trading card.
No anon, I'm not envious. When I came back to the game last year, I noticed how people were nuts about Shaymin EX and I decided to just play casually with a friend of mine and that's what we do to this day.

Now, stop taking stuff to the personal side. I could be envious to death of your pieces of cardboard and even then, that invalidates no argument.
>>
>>33337739
They saw it in Yu-Gi-Oh
Seriously. That show does that all the fucking time.
>>
BUYBUYBUY HO-OH AND SALAZZLE
>>
>>33337744
"toxic" is inherently personal on the chance you were the salty anon from earlier. Otherwise, have fun with your casual games. I don't think anybody is hurting you for doing that.
>>
>>33337749

lol, He almost did it again on turn 1 of the time out turns. I think it may just be the pokemon center graphic sleeves being terrible to mash shuffle.

Also rip Gardevoir.
>>
>Tord out
Based
>>
>>33337719
which Kermit?
>>
Will they play top cut today or save them for Sunday?
>>
>>33337824
Top cut is Sunday.
>>
>>33337824
Championship Sunday
>>
>>33337517
That's why I never completed my deck, I'm stuck on 53 cards because the price of the 5 of diamonds skyrocketed.

I just wish they all had the same price, but it is impossible.
>>
>>33336652
A pikachu pack is equal to one common, and costs 55.
10 commons is about 1 pack.
Meaning 550 coins for a tradable pack.

Meanwhile a theme deck is 500.

So if buying a theme deck nets you more copies of a card or family than tradable pack will, it's worth buying the deck.

A-Ninetails, Volcanion, and Zoroark are the ones I know about
>>
>>33337824
>>33337843
>>33337850
Nah, they said earlier we'll see top 8 and top 4 matches tonight. Just the final tomorrow.
>>
>>33337909
>literally what?
You have no idea what you are talking about. I have used pikachu packs to obtain GXs and EXs worth .5-1 pack. A pikachu pack can get you about 5-10 non foils/non rares. A pikachu pack can get you most rares/reverse foils 1:1. You can then trade that rare/foil for a .5 pack.

To blow your perspective even further, I can get 30 commons/uncommons non foils with breakpoint (.5) Theme decks are never worth it value wise unless you want to obtain the cards instantaneously. It pays to wait a few days to slowly build your collection, but surely build it and even possibly expand from nothing (tokens) into a deck with Lele gx.
>>
>>33337909
>>33337968
You know what. Now that I think of it you are using the guide as gospel. Dont do that. In reality you can buy for much less and sell much higher than what the guide recommends. Your blind faith is sabotaging you. Go out and make some trades you will see.
>>
>>33337989
The guide gives you averages, figuring out what the variance is is figuring out where the money is.
>>
File: intense tcg action.webm (941KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
intense tcg action.webm
941KB, 500x280px
>>
>>33338040

those chairs look slick as fuck, I want one
>>
>>33338040
>ps3 games play yu-gi-oh
>>
>>33337250
>2-3 Lele is literally mandatory in every single deck if you want to have any shot at winning consistently
I've been doing fine without it.
It has more to do with how much you rely on specific supporters.

The only time I've run into issues was the fact I only run one lysandre. Everything else is just card draw. But I also usually don't need it. I just mow over things.
>>
Garb mirrors make me sleepy. I don't even have anything against mirrors, the games are just dull.
>>
File: 2017-08-19_19-59-05.png (1MB, 2106x2387px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-19_19-59-05.png
1MB, 2106x2387px
Ignoring all the affordability drama.

Does Lele's price hold and keep rising?
GUR still has at least 9 months of being readily available in booster boxes? Small quantities can always be had in tins and GX boxes for nest two years.

At one time FA Shaymin EX was 100. I'm just curious as to how high Lele can get.
Eventually the price will crash due to a reprint of GUR, an unlikely promo, or rotation.
>>
>>33338113
>$70-74 for FA Lele
ha ha time to sell
>>
>>33338113
Lele cant get higher than shaymin as it has 3 prints, but who knows
>>
>>33337256
Mimicking others 1-for-1 rather than learning from them and forging your own path is stagnation.
>>
>>33338150
thats where rogue sweeps in and wins worlds. a stagnate format is punished heavily.
>>
>>33338113
I asked some decent profile players about it.

The answer I got was that lele may plateau or even decrease. Right now worlds and rotation are super hyped, and people are comparing it to shaymin. However, shaymin was only $35 before there was a distribution problem with roaring skies. The card suffered from severe supply issues, which spiked the price. Lele may be experiencing a slightly price bubble. Many decks only play 2 leles.
>>
>>33338150
Well yeah, you netdeck then tune for local meta, or you run specific anti-meta.
>>
What are the top 8 decks right now?
>>
>>33338319
We're still on swiss
>>
>>33338319
Garb x8
>>
>>33338319
Garbs, Gards, and a Ho-Oh/Salazzle GX.
>>
>>33337510
So they should have printed LeleGX at common like Sycamore? Because that's the only way to make something that necessary drop in price.

Or to include it as a promo/in a theme deck.

All of which seem out of bounds.
>>
Does anyone knows what is this ladder FA?
>>
>>33338337
TPCi know that the Lele demand is going to sell GR packs, so of course they aren't going to reprint it. Shaymin EX isn't getting a reprint until months after it rotates.
>>
>>33338333
Not metagross? You would think one would make it because it has the weakness advantage over Gard
>>
>>33338378
A lot of fire and Metagross can clunk itself out against Gard anyway.
>>
>>33338378
I'd guess it didn't see much play because of the prevalence of strong fire types, Volc, Turtonator, Ho-oh, almost guaranteed autoloss against any of those.
>>
>>33337544
>Anon, think about it, if they printed a card that said "when you put this card on the bench, you win", would you buy it? It would cost a lot, would you feel like a winner when you played it, since you put effort to buy it?

Nah, cause it's boring. I'd probably stop playing entirely in that meta. Turbo rocket tag is a really boring environment to play in regardless of game. Best implementations of that kind of thing I've seen also focused just as hard on dodging rockets as firing them.
Pure high noon/iaijutsu showdown is like, the most boring combat their is. It's just "who was quickest on the draw? Okay then win." Whole thing over in two seconds. No build up, no tension, no struggle, no real strategy.
>>
>>33337617
>because of its limited printings
So... "due to its scarcity"?
>>
kay a cute
>>
Do we know the top 8 already?
>>
>>33338426
Lele is the definition of artificial scarcity. It has value because TPC drives the price up by limiting how frequently it is printed, even though there is nothing physically stopping them from printing more copies. It's robbery because they know how crucial it is to a competitive deck.

Lele is not scarce in the way that gold and silver are scarce.
>>
>>33338448
All Garb
>>
>>33337968
>I have used pikachu packs to obtain GXs and EXs
Why would anyone ever make that trade when they could just buy their own for 55 coins.

Unless you're saying it cost you like 20 packs, in which case his thing is still valid.
>>
>>33338452
It's not robbery though, it's a business model.
>>
>>33338452
Yes it is. You know nations stockpile and regulate the fuck outta precious metals to keep market fluctuations to minimum, right?
I mean, I get what you're saying, but TCG's live and die by how well they can whore out their chase rares, this is nothing new. You either pay $50 for a Lele, or you don't play competitive Pokemon, because if you didn't shell out the $50 then there's no business model which physical TCG's can support themselves by.
>>
>>33338467
They aren't trading them to open them, they're trading them to trade them on again. They're just low value trading fodder.
>>
>>33337968
So 1 pikapack is worth closer to .5 GRI?
>>
>>33338408
You shut your whore mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPVH7rxl6So
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynC0jLGBA_U
>>
>>33338475
Fair enough. I still choose not to be robbed.

>>33338482
>Yes it is. You know nations stockpile and regulate the fuck outta precious metals to keep market fluctuations to minimum, right?
Gold and silver are a finite resource and this is just one way to increase their longevity and value. Lele is not a finite resource in this way. Do not try to make a comparison between precious metals, which are forged in exceedingly small quantities from exploding stars, to Lele with is made in a warehouse. They simply are not scarce in the same way.

>there's no business model which physical TCG's can support themselves by
They could sell entire sets if they wanted to. Also, Lele being $50 is an effect of the secondary market, of which TPC sees no direct profit from (other than the original booster boxes sold to stores).
>>
File: Bracket.png (734KB, 1170x639px) Image search: [Google]
Bracket.png
734KB, 1170x639px
6 Garb
2 Gard
>>
>6 garbador
>2 gardevoir

lmaoing so fucking hard

wasn't last year like 5 different decks?
>>
Worlds Top 8:
>Garbodor
>Garbodor
>Garbodor
>Garbodor
>Garbodor
>Gardevoir
>Gardevoir
>>
File: youre a big player.jpg (36KB, 344x302px) Image search: [Google]
youre a big player.jpg
36KB, 344x302px
>>
>>33338589
>>33338591
>>33338593
Garb was a mistake
>>
>>33338607
I think that image does not represent these finals
>>
>>33337767
CANCELCANCELCANCEL HO-OH AND SALAZZLE
>>
>>33338607
Hope golisopod wins then. Its not running BUS garbo right
>>
>>33338604
UUUU
>>
>>33338607
It does.
>>
>>33338607
At least it's not all the same garb build
>>
>>33338189
That's what you're SUPPOSED to do. But they don't. Instead it's a matter of cargo cult mentality.

The problem, the cancer, of pure net decking is that typically those netdecking don't actually know why it wins, just that someone good wins with it. So they copy it 100%, fail to use it correctly unless it's literally braindead but still get occasional wins just because it contains nice things, and never adjust it for personal preference or local meta because it's all magic to them and they wouldn't even know how.

If you look at popular decks, break them down, take the bits you like (which may be quite a sizeable chunk, they are made by skilled players) and make a derivative but ultimately your own deck out of it, then good job. Keep at it. But realize this is not what most netdeckers are doing.

This rampant and ever-spreading behavior of non-critical parroting rather than standing on the shoulders of giants is what's killing not just card games but nearly all forms of creativity.
>>
File: 1498768025076.png (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498768025076.png
141KB, 500x500px
>>33338607
>Pablo Meza is in the top 3

My boy is finally getting better at this game.
>>
When is Brigette getting an errata for GXs?
>>
>>33338705
Never.
>>
>>33338705
There's no error
>>
>>33338589
They'll just lose like they always do.
It's good for keeping the meta low on items but it doesn't win.
>>
>>33338589
who's the other Gardevoir apart from Tablemon/Pablo?

Also what builds are each Garb? On-stream now is Golisopod.
--------------
1 Reiji Nishiguchi:
8 Sho Sasaki:

5 Sam Chen: Drampa/Garb
4 Naoto Suzuki: Golisopod/garb

3 Pablo Meza: Gardevoir
6 Diego Cassiraga:

7 Xander Pero:
2 Jimmy Pendarvis:
>>
>>33338743
>>33338607
>>
>Japanese
>Shuffling

nice meme
>>
>>33338705
GXs have to evolve so it's fine
>>
File: It's shit 2.jpg (95KB, 745x501px) Image search: [Google]
It's shit 2.jpg
95KB, 745x501px
Fixed info
>>
File: 1499530278513.png (933KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1499530278513.png
933KB, 1280x1280px
>>33338757
>people think japs can shuffle their decks

Lul.
>>
>>33338750
oh thanks man. I'm blind apparently.
>>
>>33338757

For the 3rd time today, a Japanese player has failed to properly shuffle their deck.

XD
>>
>tablemon down 1-0
>>
>>33338678
my favorite is when i see people at locals with shit like sudowoodo and oricorio in their lists when literally not a single person at my lgs actually plays vespiquen or megaray
>>
tablemon just lost
>>
>>33338822
ripip tablemon
>>
File: rude utsstu.png (274KB, 425x512px) Image search: [Google]
rude utsstu.png
274KB, 425x512px
RIP Tablemon
>>
File: DGPbYZKVYAAIsyt.png (2MB, 864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DGPbYZKVYAAIsyt.png
2MB, 864x1200px
RIP
>>
File: 1393839171510.jpg (46KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1393839171510.jpg
46KB, 500x281px
>Most if not all of the Worlds-exclusive merch has sold out.

Damn it, I wanted some of those.

So how much do think the sleeves and playmats will go for after the tournament's over?
>>
I hope Worlds comes to my city
>>
Why people play Mallow?
>>
>>33338132
Do these 3 prints guarantee it is pulled more often, though? Because every GX in GUR has 3 prints and we don't know for a fact if the pull rate is better than those of the EXs. I could turn out to be more rare than Shaymin EX.
>>
>missing to draw cards at top 8
LEL
>>
>>33339264
What happened? Didn't pay attention
>>
Part of your plan?
>>
>>33339274
Chen drew 4 cards on an N with full prizes
>>
That Float Stone on a Koko tho
>>
Was Naoto offered an extra prize?
He didn't take it but I'm wondering if not drawing the right amount of cards can result in a penalty.
>>
File: Bracket 2.png (638KB, 1170x639px) Image search: [Google]
Bracket 2.png
638KB, 1170x639px
>>
>>33339378
Who did Tord Reklev get knocked out by last time I was watching he was playing.
>>
>>33339445
>>33339445
>>33339445
New
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.