[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another "ORAS is bad" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1493894480634.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493894480634.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/08/14/why-ruby-and-sapphire-were-the-most-challenging-pokemon-to-make.aspx
>"I got really stressed out and had to go to the hospital and had some stomach issues and had to get a camera inserted and they didn’t know what it was – very stressful," Masuda says. "The night before release I had a dream that it was a complete failure, a total nightmare." Alternatively, Shigeru Ohmori, director of Sun and Moon and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, views the game as a far less stressful time in his career. Ruby and Sapphire were the first Pokémon games he worked on, marking his official transition from fan to creator. "It was actually a lot of fun to work on it and I was able to think, 'I’m making this',” Ohmori says.

>have ptsd from a game
>tell your coworker to deal with it
>coworker then fucks it up because he doesn't take it as seriously
>>
>>33318155
ORAS was lazy but not as lazy as SM
>>
File: 1501793211816.png (671KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501793211816.png
671KB, 1280x720px
>>33318550
SM
>new region
>new characters
>new pokemon
>new game mechanics
>new online (RIP PSS)
ORAS
>old region, new integration into 3d
>old characters, new models/facial expressions
>old pokemon, new megas (only 20)
>almost all game mechanics reused
>no new online
SM get a pass for them needing to come up with new ideas as well as programming them into the games. ORAS already had the basic ideas like the pokemon, region, characters, and story fleshed out. Even accounting for the tweaks they added in the remakes the games are still badly made. Most of the work should have gone in the programming for the 3d-ness (I say should because it's obvious they didn't, unless literally my mom's minecraft is what their best workers can do). The quality of ORAS's state is inexcusable at every level and nothing will ever beat it out of such a miserable state.
>>
>>33318550
No, not really. For all of SM's faults it tried new things with the progression and it introduced a new region and mechanics.
>>
>>33318155
Masuda was talking about Generation III, not Generation VI remakes.

Hoenn is kickass. Most Pokemon introduced were solid. Each starter had a strong following, Zigzagoon had Pick-Up, & every guy & lesbo wanted to fug Gardevoir.
>>
>>33318155
>Another Gameinformer thread
Fuck off
>>
>>33318550
Objectively wrong
>>
>>33318550
Nah, SM isn't as lazy as ORAS. SM is just bad.
>>
>>33318893
I know that, but the fact that the one who wasn't even the slightest stressed about the original's success became in charge of the remakes strikes me as an odd choice. Looking at how poorly they were received (yes, even though they sold a lot of copies) tells me that he wasn't the best fit for the job, which most likely comes from the fact that he wasn't as concerned with the process of the originals. While you could chalk this up to the whole "newbie who is excited and ambitious doesn't let silly thoughts that stress him out get the better of him" mentality, I think that his comment shows a lack of ambition in his first years, and probably missed out a lot of what made the originals so beloved that they saved the franchise.
>>
I had the impression Ohmori treats his directing job as some kind of entertainment. He always talked about how his dream as a kid was working on Pokemon, and shit like this only reinforces those impressions.

Tajiri and Masuda had to go through hell in gen 1-3.
>>
>>33318900
>Objectively
Kill yourself.
>>
>>33319153
>Kill yourself.
Stop breathing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.