[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are we going to get face customization in a Pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Maison partner.png (104KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Maison partner.png
104KB, 400x240px
When are we going to get face customization in a Pokemon game?
>>
Gen 8 hopefully
>>
File: 1491442943499.png (100KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1491442943499.png
100KB, 400x381px
>>33318132
>yfw this is the new USUM feature announcement
>>
File: 1473276663752.png (3KB, 170x254px) Image search: [Google]
1473276663752.png
3KB, 170x254px
>>33318140
>mfw they aren't using those 802 walking animations
>>
>>33318132
Is it weird that I like this guy more than normal Calem?
>>
I too would like simplistic dot eyes, OP.

Just not as creepy looking as your edit.
>>
>>33318156
They're for gen 8.
>>
>>33318189
>edit
It's actually in the game, though. Just inaccessible to the player.
It's used in the Battle Maison in XY. If you select a friend character, they'll use that face.
>>
>>33318156
Why weren't they scrubbed from the game anyway? GF's usually good at removing most unused beta stuff
>>
>>33318167
Yes.

Those eyes are fucking awful.
>>
>>33318132
I hope never.
Customization has reached far enough. Time to stop that nonsense
>>
Just inject. Not even kiddingg, there's a whole bunch of trainer customization options in XY that are locked behind those shitty PR Videos. It includes things like
>face tattoos
>bandages
>facial hair
>freckles
>blush
>lipstick
>mascara
Along with those shitty looking Maison eyes. I don't know why the fuck GF made it impossible for you to get these normally
>>
>>33318368
>I want less content
>>
>>33318368
What's wrong with trainer customization?
>>
>>33318390
I never said I want less content.
Actually, I prefer more effort on the games than those shitty customization features
>>
>>33318435
They put in some effort with outfits for girls, but didn't even try with boys.
>>
>>33318254
>usually good
>pretty much every game but XY and ORAS have unused maps in the game data
>ORAS and SM demos left all the Pokedex assets
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 268x188px
>>33318435
Nothing. It's just my personal opinion.
I prefer the protagonist with their own style/personality (if any) like before.

For me it's like adding face customization to Mario or Link, it's just feels odd
>>
Pretty soon I imagine, considering how static the current face already is in sun/moon. Should be easy to put in.
>>
>>33318456
As lacking as I found male trainer customization to be, I still felt like a well-dressed Calem looks much better than any of the old protagonists.
As for female customization, it's great. For both trainers, it gives players a way to change up the way their trainers look without going too far. Don't like Calem's black hair and red cap? Give him brown hair and a white beanie. Not into skirts? Serena has a lot of pants options.
The problem isn't customization itself, but rather the amount of effort GF is willing to put into making it even better. For example, there's plenty of NPC trainers with crazy anime hair colors, like the XY and ORAS Ace Trainers, who have purple and green hair. Both are even selectable as multiplayer avatars. However, you yourself are unable to have purple or green hair.

>>33318484
I guess I can't argue with that, but I felt like default Serena and the Sun and Moon protagonists had their own identity, especially the female one with her oversized shirt and flower hat. Face customization isn't too far off from the skin tone selector, and in XY and SM's cases there was still a default/official tone for them, the fair-skinned one with black eye color.
>>
>>33318203
Nice meme.
>>
>>33318523
>Meme

i bet you thought that Pokemon would never transfer to the switch.
>>
>>33318132
Never because they know people would do shit like this
>>
File: 1418913279852.jpg (399KB, 2019x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418913279852.jpg
399KB, 2019x500px
>>33318498
Yeah. I understand your point. But I fear they become to "generic" to make easier the customization for players

I just hope in later generations the protagonist doesn't become a 3D model so you can customize it entirely and there is nothing left from them main character

(My English sucks I know)
>>
>>33318132
Why would someone want this? The feature is the most boring and annoying thing on every game that has it, I always skip or randomize it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.