[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So get this...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: sdfgsrg.jpg (21KB, 660x323px) Image search: [Google]
sdfgsrg.jpg
21KB, 660x323px
I know a lot of people want a dolphin pokemon.I have an idea for a theoretical pokemon. Pic related is a Pakicetus, which is a prehistoric whale/dolphin. I was thinking about a Ghost/Water type based off of this idea and have it evolve into a dolphin pokemon. What do you think /vp/? Also if anyone wants to make art that would be cool too.
>>
I once had a similar idea but it was with orca whales, and it was based on the mythological akhlut, from Inuit folklore. Basiacally in olden days, people would see wolf prints in next to the water and would make the assumption that orca whales and wolves, being ferocious predators, were two forms of the same creature. So my idea was a creature with the body of an orca, the legs of a wolf, and the head of a Pakicetus.
>>
File: cyuic.png (22KB, 220x95px) Image search: [Google]
cyuic.png
22KB, 220x95px
Also, a river dolphin would work, seeing as most are either extinct or endangered. Pic related is a Baiji
>>
>>33316890
Cool idea. I like the idea of Ghost/Water typing because the only ones we have are the Jellicent line, so having it be based of an extinct aquatic animal would be cool. At first my idea was to make a fossil mon, but I like the Ghost typing much more
>>
GAAAHH, NOTICE THIS THREAD!
>>
>>33316834
Kyogre is already a dolphin. If we're bending over backwards for extinct dolphins and mythical dolphins, we shouldn't ignore the one right in fucking front of us.
>>
>>33317041
no
>>
File: kek.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
>>33317041
>>
>>33317041
Let's not start this. We know Orcas are dolphins, but when people say "dolphin" most people think of bottlenose dolphins. That's what we mean. by "dophin"
>>
>>33317041
>Kyogre is a dolphin
I'm so fucking tired of seeing this shit that I might actually leave the internet because of it. Dead serious.
>>
>>33317077
There not even dolphins though either. They're porpoises. Porpoises are related to, but aren't dolphins
>>
>>33317041
Requesting Kyogre being a silly circus dolphin
>>
>>33317041
I'd bend over for Kyogre
>>
>>33316834
I wish I could draw fakemon. But alas, I cannot
>>
>>33317077
Did you even read the thread? Everyone in the thread is making the furthest things possible from a bottlenosed dolphin, but ignoring Kyogre still.
>>
File: IMG_3868.jpg (170KB, 1600x1107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3868.jpg
170KB, 1600x1107px
>>33316834
That sounds pretty cool. Maybe have it evolve into pic related (basilosaurus).
>>
>>33317041
The cetacean based Pokemon we already have are ugly as sin and saying that shit is like saying we can't have another cat or dog Pokemon. Yet there's literally dozens of them and other types of the same animals over and over but cetaceans? They only have 3. Kyogre, Wailmer, and Wailord. How is that fair or just in any way where there's some 700 fucking Pokemon?
>>
>>33317099
Orcas are not porpoises, they're just orcas. The closest thing they're related to is a dolphin. Dolphins are toothed whales. An orca is both a dolphin and a whale but not a porpoise.
>>
>>33316834
I don't really like the idea? And I'm saying this as someone who's been working on designing my own cetacean fakemon for a while now. I just don't feel it fits since most Pokemon don't evolve like real world animals do. That's just my opinion. I just wouldn't play a game like that. I don't want prehistoric whale fakemon I want modern day cetacean fakemon but that's me.
>>
File: Dunkleosteus.jpg (41KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkleosteus.jpg
41KB, 500x281px
I was thinking about giving Relicanth an evolution based on Dunkleosteus. IT would be typed water/ghost and would consist of its armored head surrounded by a spectral fish body.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.