[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emerald and Platinum PG are overrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: emr.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
emr.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>PG for post game.
Fact.
>>
>>33314949
Emerald's is. Platinum's is pretty good. Neither hold the candle to HGSS and BW2.
>>
Well no shit

Here's a real hot take: every single Pokemon game without active online has worthless postgame
>>
>>33315039
>muh Kanto
shut the fuck up
>>
>>33315072
Blow me. If Kanto was my argument I would have just said GSC. HGSS not only had Kanto, but Sinnoh's Battle Frontier, rematches with the gym leaders from both regions, the Pokemon Dome, and plenty of legendaries to catch.
>>
Platinum yes, Emerald no because it has the only good Battle Facilities that aren't just a Maison and thus the only good postgame that isn't active online multiplayer
>>
>>33315133
Plat has all of those things except Kanto and the dome, and it has the underground and shitty contests instead. Sinnoh is also bigger than Kanto and Johto combined, and has over 200 more trainers to battle. It's bigger and better both before and after the credits. HGSS post game is far more overrated.
>>
>>33315166
>and has over 200 more trainers
I guarantee that's not right
>>
>>33314949
>overrated
The most vapid, meaningless criticism in existence.

Overrated relative to what? They have the best postgame in the series by a mile. If they're bad what does that make the rest of them?
>>
>>33315039
>Neither hold the candle to HGSS and BW2.
Care to explain on the HG/SS front?
Battle Frontier that I had already done aside, I didn't see much do to there after I finished Kanto(which isn't postgame, but rather the B part of your quest).
>>
I'd argue that BW2 gets more credit than it deserves, comparatively speaking. Much of the features BW2 offers is a standard in another game, or just isn't good at all, with the exception of Join Avenue.
Gym Leader rematches, a standard in Emerald, Platinum, and HGSS, has been removed in favor of the PWT. However, the PWT is a basic 3v3 (4v4 if doubles and rotation, 6v6 triples) level 50 matches rather than the usual format every other game offers. The PWT's new gameplay modes are mix and type masters, along with the rentals that are also in E/Pt/HGSS's Factory. None of these modes have a streak like the Frontier or even Subway/Tower does, so the difficulty doesn't raise over time, and there's little progression. All of the Frontier's gimmicks added something fresh.
The Memory Link bonus where you battle Bianca, Cheren and N are also something basic. Platinum's Battleground allows you to rematch Barry, and other characters like Cheryl, but BW2 locks out this basic feature behind the link, and the rematches are one-time only.
There is no normal rematch system. In Platinum, you are able to get the VS. Seeker right after the second gym, and HGSS lets you rematch NPCs you register on the phone. Their levels increase every time you battle them too. BW2 only has Breeders that will always battle you if you enter their line of sight, and their levels do not increase at all. There are only a handful of trainers at the stadiums, too. White Treehollow shows up too late to be of any use.
>>
>33315497
Shitty bait
>>
>>33315039
HGSS has a butchered Kanto (the shittiest region) and a new bland route with "lol there's a RSE legendary because????" and a shitty safari nobody cared about
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.