[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the battle tree so shit? Playing for some mega stones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: FUCK YEAH SEAKING.png (50KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YEAH SEAKING.png
50KB, 200x150px
Why is the battle tree so shit?
Playing for some mega stones for an hour or 2 and found the same focus sash gengar 4 times now.
>>
>>33314917
Just use the bank. You get BP overtime the more pokemon you have in your bank. I got like 64 BP after a week. That said if you want fast results just look up a busted team with MegaMence, TopKek, and some other offensive mon to wreck your way through the tree.
>>
>>33315079
The bank?
>>
>>33315099
Pokebank.
>>
>>33314917
>Focus Sash Gengar
Why don't you have a Mimikyu on your team?
>>
>>33316166
>being frustrated by lack of diversity and bad rolls means you struggled to and lost to it
>>
>>33316166
OP is a faggot without pokemon knowledge
>>
>>33314917
>>33314917
OP, the Battle Tree is programmed to spawn Pokemon that have some advantage over your own. Sometimes (and I admit that this happens to me too) I may encounter the same Pokemon and the exact same set twice in a row.

When you play in Battle Tree, you have to be very conscientious of the Pokemon you use. What are their weaknesses? What types of Pokemon resist them? What strategy are you using, and which Pokemon, moves, or abilities can counter that strategy?

Even if you use a Legendary Pokemon, there's always some sort of Pokemon set out there that can counter it.

I've found that when I used Tapu Koko, Pheromosa, and Xurkitree in the Battle Tree, I encountered far more Alolan Marowak, Rotom, and Chandelure than usual. I've also noticed that I've encountered Kiawe as a special trainer far more often.
>>
>>33316434
Also I need to add this. This is a spreadsheet I found on Smogon that details all of the different types of Pokemon sets that exist in the Tree, and which trainers are programmed to use those sets.

As an aside, that Gengar set you mentioned in the first post is called "Gengar-1." It uses a Hypnosis strategy where it survives an attack with a Sash, uses Hypnosis, and then Dream Eater/Nightmare/Shadow Ball depending on what the CPU expects you to do next.

All Pokemon are programmed with 4 sets.

Typically this is how the structure goes:

Battles 1-10: All Pokemon used by NPC use Set 1 (19 IVs).

Battles 11-20: Some trainers use Pokemon from Set 1; others use Pokemon from Set 2 (23 IVs).

Battles 21-30: Some trainers use Pokemon from Set 2; others use Pokemon from Set 3 (27 IVs).

Battles 31-40: Some trainers use Pokemon from Set 3; others use Pokemon from Set 4 (31 IVs).

Battles 41+: All Pokemon used by NPCs use Set 4.
>>
>>33316491
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7T0jCHBkDppjTB0_rJyK0houk8zE3wLmZ1DlVXEkXg/edit#gid=1584978504
>>
File: 1473981774562.png (127KB, 1153x823px) Image search: [Google]
1473981774562.png
127KB, 1153x823px
>>33316434
>Battle Tree is programmed to spawn Pokemon that have some advantage over your own.
Ignore the rest of this post OP.
>>
Use overpowered bullshit and try many times until you win.
I remember in gen VI using stuff like mega salamence to win those sweet BPs
>>
>>33316166
>Mimikyu breaks Gengar's sash
>Gengar used Hypnosis!
>Gengar used Shadow Ball twice!
Mimikyu is ridiculously good though, used it to climb to streak 150 before I replaced it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.