[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one had the more difficult frontier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: newfrontier.jpg (632KB, 2112x1000px) Image search: [Google]
newfrontier.jpg
632KB, 2112x1000px
Which one had the more difficult frontier?
>>
Emerald

Battle Pyramid is fucking impossible
>>
>>33314285

t.scrub
>>
Platinum. Emerald frontier it literal unadulterated garbage. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a Gen 3 shill.
>>
>>33314280
Haven't gotten a chance to play emerald, but platinum had a pretty easy frontier that got harder the deeper you got.
>>
>>33314285
BP is easy af
>>
>>33314280
Not up for debate. The Battle Palace alone makes Emerald's Frontier harder.
>>
>>33314280
The two shared facilities (Factory and Tower) were definitely harder in Plat since you need 49 consecutive wins for Gold instead of 42 like in Emerald.
>>
>>33314280
ragequit after losing to luck after 40 consecutive battles in the battle tower 3 times with smogon garchomp, ttar and togekiss
>>
>>33314280
Both are RNG bullshit
Battle tree is a blessing in comparation
>>
>>33314280
Emerald, no doubts.

Battle Palace is 100% concentrated bullshit. There's no way you can beat it without looking up what each nature does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Z5PKLq_9s
>>
>>33314469
How does it feel to be born a shitter?
>>
>>33314280
Emerald has the unfun horseshit that is Battle Palace.

>>33314648
>speedrunning the battle frontier

Guarantee nobody else is going to ever touch that again.
>>
Well the Palace is literal RNG bullshit but the Platinum one is otherwise harder

However, the actual gimmicks of the Emerald Frontier are much more interesting and that makes it the better Frontier
>>
>>33314401
You need 70 wins in emerald's tower dingus
>>
>>33314316
This.
You have no input on what move your Pokemon will make. It's all in their nature, but if you're running a particular set. Your Pokemon may make a terrible move that can and will cost you the game.

I never knew anyone who was able to get the stamp for that place. Let alone the gold one.
>>
>>33314469
>Losing with Smogonshark, and Shin Bangiras
How in th-
>Using Togepenis.
Well there you go.
>>
>>33314931
I got the silver symbol from there somehow before i knew about ivs/evs/natures. Maybe I lucked out and my Salamence had the perfect nature, but i doubt i'd be able to recreate it
>>
>>33314280
Emerald definitely has he harder one. The facility where your Pokemon act exclusively on their own is the biggest case of RNG bullshit in the series. On top of that, it's pre Physical-Special split so some Pokemon can't really make any use of their STAB moves. Platinum's is way better, but much easier in comparison.
>>
Emerald. No doubt

The Battle Frontier was merciless
...it was kind of fun
>>
>>33314285

Watch Werster's newest Emerald run. Game + all gold symbols done in 20 hours.
>>
>>33314880
>>speedrunning the battle frontier

He barely even calls it a speedrun, in his commentary he said his time limit was the end of the universe, it's more of a beating it in a single session.
>>
>>33314280
Platinum easily.
The Emerald one seems the most bullshit until you get it's patterns/understand how the game works.

I managed all gold the first time when I was a shit teenager but Platinum kicked my ass for years in comparison.
>>
>>33314280
The sets and EV spreads were better on Platinum.

Emerald had a bunch of meme sets that were free kills in practice.
>>
>>33314280
>Which one had the more difficult frontier?
ORAS...
>>
>>33315191
Link?
>>
File: 1445699212411.png (406KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1445699212411.png
406KB, 601x601px
>>33315361
>>
>>33315350
I enjoyed the "bug" where fire fang could hit through wonderguard, no matter what it was on.
>>
>>33315373

>>33314648
>>
>>33314280
Emerald. For sure.
>>
>>33314280
Probably Platinum, 100% Platinum with the increased difficulty on the returning facilities.
>>
>>33314280
Emerald without a doubt
>>
>>33314280
Emerald's Battle Frontier is considerably harder. 2 additional facilities on top of Emerald's unique facilities being significantly harder.

Battle Arena - Need to be careful with what attacks you use, can't switch, elimination every 3 turns

Battle Palace - Depending on nature, Pokemon has a certain % chance of using an offensive, support, or defense move (the latter being support moves that all target the user). This percentage changes as the Pokemon's HP is less than 50%.

Pyramid: Pitch-black light, wild encounters (many of whom inflict status conditions), and impossible to see trainers and blue triangles.

Pike: Luck-based facility where you have to encounter Pokemon that inflict status on you, trainers (sometimes tag battles), and wild Pokemon that may also inflict status on you.

These three facilities alone are harder than anything Platinum has.

Battle Hall is tedious, not hard.

Battle Arcade has a random event happening each match, but the effects ends after the battle.

Battle Castle is pretty much a landslide if you save up your CP.
>>
>>33314608
Nice comparison there, shame if basically everyone were to disagree on it
>>
>>33314280
Emerald because of more cryptic bullshit.
>>
>>33314280
Emerald was harder
Platinum was funner
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.