[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do about Regional Forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1392338199339.jpg (7KB, 116x123px) Image search: [Google]
1392338199339.jpg
7KB, 116x123px
Hear me out, /vp/

When it comes to making more Regional Forms in future titles, there are a few different arguments to be made:

1) There will be no more regional forms.
>Alola is an island based region. Islands are known for rapid evolution and diversification of new species. This makes it a unique habitat for "regional forms" to develop and, considering all other regions so far have been part of larger landmasses, it would not make sense for them to have regional forms.

2) Alolan forms were the Megas of Gen VII
>Similar to the 1st argument, but cuts to the chase by stating we will not get new regional variants because it would remove the "uniqueness" of Generation VII games. Mega evolution was "locked" to Generation VI only, afterall

3) Regional variants are here to stay and we will see new ones in future games
>They were a popular addition and have the potential to reinvent or reinvigorate older Pokemon without bloating the Pokedex with newer ones. There is no reason to not include more in the future.

4) Not only will regional variants return, but Game Freak will actively go out of their way to include them in any future remakes of past generations as a new addition to the experience
>Similar to how ORAS introduced more Megas, any remake of a past generation could potentially include new regional variants exclusive to that region. The developers could get around explaining why they weren't available in the original releases of the games by arguing either "new timeline" (as they have in the past) or limiting the regional variants only to Pokemon that were introduced in generations after the original games' releases (ex. you were never able to catch Gen V Pokemon in Gen IV initially, but now you will be able to catch a select few in the remakes of Gen IV as "regional variants")

What's it going to be, /vp/? Which do you think is most likely?
>>
>>33309861
haha i wonder if yoshi is pooping out an egg
this is just for a friend haha
>>
We will get more. They are easy merch money just retool a few things and same product sold twice.
>>
>>33309869
I know you're just shitposting, but no. He just has a blue shell in his mouth and sprouted wings.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.