[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Switch will be a Gen 1 remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: aRmNKQG_700b.jpg (66KB, 610x494px) Image search: [Google]
aRmNKQG_700b.jpg
66KB, 610x494px
Let's face it: if they want to release the Switch game in a reasonable amount of time, they don't have time to design a whole new region, story and Pokemon roster from scratch. The new engine will take up most of their resources, especially with Gamefreak's technological track record.

Shit like GO, the 20th anniversary movie, Switch being hyper marketed to the masses, etc. Nintendo is basically pushing a normie renaissance, with nostalgiafaggotry at its core. It's the perfect time to cash in on it with an EPIC new game, reliving the journey that started it all, in glorious high definition!* (1080p downscaled to 720!*) Normies will lap it up. Maybe they'll pull a movie 20 with Kanto "reimagined" (with more shillmons), but at any rate a Gen 1 remake seems inevitable to me.
>>
>>33309217
They are working on it since last year to say the least, maybe even before. They have time enough to create a whole new reagion because they already did it.
>>
Gen 8 will start with Kanto remakes and then end with new games. That's how GameFreak will break the pattern like they love to do so much.
>>
Nintendo can't make game freak do shit

Game freak know that if they remake this games. They will satisfy needs of old fags and nosalgia fags, genwunners

That future gens of pandering to genwunners won't have same effect as x and y or sun and moon

I'm glad that's not there plan.

They got there remake in FRLG and now no need
>>
Last Sinnoh game: 2008
Last Kanto game: 2004
>>
>>33309252
>what is HGSS
>>
>>33309264
Hahahahahahahaha good one
That was a barren wasteland, not a region
>>
>>33309280
Kanto has always been a barren wasteland, it's just that your nostalgia doesn't let you see clearly.
>>
>>33309317
All the more reason for remakes.
>>
>>33309217
>Don't get your expecations too high up
It's just an USUM remaster switchfags
>>
>>33309328
It had a renake
>>
If they make a remake of Kanto, I will skip it.
I mean, I've already played Kanto like five times, god dammit.

I want to play with new pokemon, in a different region. Not in the same reigon over and over again because a bunch of manchild just like it.
>>
File: Barack-Obama-e1438147366774.jpg (48KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
Barack-Obama-e1438147366774.jpg
48KB, 533x400px
>>33309217
>Red and Blue
>Not Red and Green
Bluefags crack me the fuck up.
>>
>>33309239
I firmly believe this.
>>
>>33309342
So? That was over a decade ago.
Sinnoh games feel much more fresh than FRLG do.
>>
>>33309358
Probably because Sinnoh was more recent. The order was gen 1 > gen 2 > gen 3 > gen 1 remake > gen 4.
>>
>>33309358
So they had chance to fix kanto and failed the best about was sevii islands not kanto itself.

There isn't need for anymore
>>
>>33309217
No
>>
I always hate sounding like a faggot but I love kanto and hope for this.
>>
If they do it you probably play as Red kid
>>
>>33309365
No shit

>>33309371
There isn't a need for any remake honestly.

But Kanto is more deserving because our last trip to Kanto outdates our last trip to Sinnoh by four years.
>>
>>33309384
I'm right there with you. A Pokémon Yellow remake would be pretty damn cool.
>>
>>33309384
>>33309438
kys
>>
>>33309217
Doesn't bother me as long as it has johto.
>>
>>33309217
how do you make fake logos
>>
>>33309427
But a remake happend. Your only caring about graphics. A remake is too enhance the region. FLRG. Already did this.

Red and blue remakes are pointless

So we're gonna re remake of gold and sliver before b/w because hg/as came in 2009?
>>
>>33309476
>a remake it to enhance the region
The existing gen 1 remake is more outdated than the original gen 4. There hasn't been a single gen 1 game with the special/physical split, let alone all the features that followed. Gen 2 and 3 have been remade with it, and gen 4 already had it. That makes gen 1 the gen most in need of an update.
>>
>>33309476
Kanto is in need of an enhancement more than Sinnoh is, though.
>>
>>33309499
They had that in HGSS

Kanto has been 4 times in first 13 years of Pokemon

I hope we don't have to go there for another 20 years
>>
>>33309217
I'm okay with this so long as it's a modern reimagining of the gen 1 game and not a straight up remake.
>>
>>33309217
Nice cover art.
>>
I want this so bad. Honestly they could probably start doing multiple remakes per generation, and I would buy/play them all.
>>
>>33309521
Gen 2's barren 1 hour Kanto doesn't count. A gen's game is more than just its region.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.