[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: 1502693976955.png (75KB, 198x380px) Image search: [Google]
1502693976955.png
75KB, 198x380px
Is my memory crapping out on me, or is there actually no Poison-type Legendary outside of Arceus with the respective item?
>>
>>33309042
nihilego
>>
>>33309045
So a UB is literally the only one? Fuckin' hell, where's my Poison love?
>>
>>33309045
>>33309064
Not a legendary
>>
>>33309067
Explain
>>
Can I battle people online without being in the same room as them if a play BW2 on a 3ds?
>>
>>33309257
you can t play online in gen 5 anymore
>>
File: 1496511642270.gif (166KB, 390x339px) Image search: [Google]
1496511642270.gif
166KB, 390x339px
>>33309094
UB = Alien or Other denominational being Which = Aylamo
Clefairy is an alien But not legendary
Deoxys Is a Mythical Aylamo
so.. IDK
>>
>>33309276
What a downer. Oh well.
>>
>>33309291
Don't start this shit, you know full well UBS are legendary, they're classed as legendary in the pokedex, same level as the Tapus, so unless you're saying the Tapus aren't legendary either then stop saying stupid shit.
>>
>>33309067
Fuck off Pomf.
>>
>>33309067

Game categorizes UBs the same as the legendary birds, beasts, golems, lake trio, genies, etc.
>>
File: 1496511610242.gif (170KB, 390x339px) Image search: [Google]
1496511610242.gif
170KB, 390x339px
>>33309511
It all depends on whether you are talking about game mechanics or lure.
GM = Battle legal legend
Lure= Aylamos from another universe
Lore-wise lots of in game legends are not legendary in lure, just super rare or "one" of a kind
EX:Deoxys is not a legend lure-wise It's a space virus, monkey thing.
Heatran is just super rare lore-wise not a legendary, Shaymin too.
I think I would go for game mechanics because the lure of the franchise is kind of fucky
EX: "One" of a kind pokemon Have been getting cannon shiny.
>>
Does it matter which type comes first in a dual type? Like would there be a difference between a Ghost/Fire and a Fire/Ghost?
>>
>>33310786
Design purposes
>>
>>33309042
Are Z-moves being unaffected by Simple done on purpose or was it an error in the coding?
>>
>>33309094
Not much of an argument but there was one metric ton of Nihilego in the UB dimension. They are probably a pest in their own dimension.
>>
>>33311326
That's a fair point. However, did you ever watch Pokemon 200 or the Giratina movies?

There is a clan of Celebeis and another of Shaymins.

Plus, the movies show us a second Deoxys.
>>
>>33311326
legendaries don't need to be one of a kind. See latias dex entries, heatran, and a bunch of anime shit.
>>
>>33310959
Intended i think. Since simple works with Extreme Eevoboost. That's the only stat boosting Zmove that uses the "stat up aura" thingy. Others like Zmirror move just jack it up. Simple only seems to work with the former.
>>
>>33311373
The Celebis are all the same Celebi. Time travel shenanigans and such.
>>
I asked this in a previous thread and never got an answer. Can someone who has both gen 7 games check whether there's a difference in how long it takes a wild Pokemon to call an ally in the two games? Because when I chain in Sun, it says this:

>(Pokemon) called for help!
>...
>...
>...
>(Pokemon) appeared!

But in Moon only one ellipsis appears before the call succeeds or fails, meaning it takes around a third as long to summon an ally as it does in Sun. I don't know why it would be different between the two games but I haven't seen anyone else noticing this so I don't know what's going on.
>>
>>33311373
>missing plot points in a children's cartoon movie this hard
Celebi is a time traveler, the "clan" is all the same legendary Celebi from different instances in time
>>
>>33309691
This. Lore wise UBs are not legendary because they're regular creatures in their world. It's like putting a Rattata in the Ultra-Universe and saying "Lol it's a leg end because there's only one"
Gameplay wise, they are, because otherwise Solgaleo and Lunala wouldn't be
>>
>>33311383
There's a difference between "Not technically one of a kind" and "Route 1 mon common"
>>
>>33311411
I'll go check that now
>>
>>33311411
On moon it's three elipsis on one line, on the highest text speed
So it goes
>(Pokémon called for help!
>... ... ...
>(Pokémon) appeared!

Just dawned on my I don't actually have sun with me but that's moon at least
>>
>>33311721
Mew were apparently abundant and ubiquitous in the past.
I think if we're making the argument that if you travel to a different dimension, they're too common to be legendary, then you can say the same about mew in time travel.

Gen VII has played a lot with the meaning of legendary. I think the standing criteria are by
>BST
>Cant breed to itself
>Not infinitely recurring in the wild
With
>Not part of an evolutionary line
>One per game
Still strong indicators.

Or just go by the games code. That seems sensible too. They seem to have got their shit together on that since gen IV
>>
>>33309067
When you filter legendaries out of the GTS the ultra beasts are filtered out as well, checkmate atheist
>>
>>33311764
I completely agree with >>33309691 >>33311715
Obviously they're legendaries if you only use mechanics. But they aren't technically and as >>33311769 says the games at least acknowledge the technicality.

The mew point is interesting, though I'm not sure where you're citing that from. If it's true though I suppose it would be accurate to say Mew WASN'T legendary but is now, again purely lore-wise.
>>
When did the inability to hit a Pokemon of a higher level with a OHKO move start?
I'm Nuzlocking Diamond and want to know if it's safe to train on Horn-Drill mons as long as I outlevel them.
>>
>>33312198
G2. In G1, it used Speed instead.
>>
>>33311780
I think the problem is there are disconnects on how legendary is used.

Legendary in-game lore is just a powerful and rare pokemon. It is spoken of in legend.
The player experience of legendary is a once per game pokemon that has a bunch of criteria attatched
TPCi out of game uses legendary (and later mythical) in the player experience sense, so as to create proper hype and effectively communicate.

Problem is that these categories (other than a bit in gen IV) have been fairly consistent. But SM they decided to play around.

Lore wise: the ultra beasts technically category break a lot. But to the people of Alola they are powerful, rare pokemon that have been spoken of in legend. The fact they are populous doesn't matter, it's a label not a category.

To the player experience, they buck a few trends, but serve the same function. Powerful rare endgame encounters. Thus their in coding label.

To TCPi, why call them legendary when UB communicates their rarity better. Using the label legendary over UB doesnt serve their purpose even if true.

So I think the fact they seemingly buck trends throws people off, but making them non-legendary ignores the whole purpose of the legendaru label.

I think my main thing is that Solgaleo and Lunala are, from my point of view, inarguably cover legendaries. While being Ultra Beasts. If they can be both, the others, which break fewer rules, should be too.
>>
>>33312275
But the average person in Alola doesn't know anything about UBs. Studies aren't legends. You've proved the point I was making about Solgaleo and Lunala being inherently legendary lore wise, but the UBs are a plentiful, not overly powerful (For their home) and they have no myths or legends throughout the region.
>>
>>33309067
>>33309094
I always thought of legendaries as just that: Pokemon that legends are told about. Pokemon that have some kind of story tied to them. Stuff like Groudon and Kyogre creating the land and sea, or some mysterious purple Pokemon being spotted in a cave near Cerulean City.
The UBs don't really have any legends surrounding them. They just sort of show up.
>>
Is there any reason there is only one pure Flying type (Tornadus)? Every other Flying type is dual-typed.
>>
>>33310786
Effectively, none whatsoever. But you could argue that it provides an additional nuance to a Pokémon's inspiration and lore.

It's pretty abstract when you think about it, but let's look at Chandelure and Alolan Marowak so it matches your example. The former, which is based on a haunted object, is Ghost first and Fire second, while the latter, based on a living thing, is vice versa. It has no bearing on anything, but that's how it registers in my head.

>>33312275
I think the legendary category has always had a lot of potential for ambiguity, Sun and Moon just played with the concept so much it became more notable.

I also feel like the criteria for what is and isn't a "true" legendary has always been a combination of game mechanics and lore, which is why some Pokémon are less disputable than others. The cover mascots, you automatically consider to be legendary Pokémon, no problem there. But with others, you could find a lot more to argue, although the Legendary/Mythical distinction does help to an extent.

We could still get an official confirmation re: the legendary status of Ultra Beasts, but honestly, it all may very well have been muddled to the point where the distinction will probably never be as clear-cut as before.

>>33312299
Not to be pedantic, but lore-wise, there are plenty of Pokémon with myths and legends that are undeniably not legendaries. They're not exactly thought to control time and space or the ocean, but their lore seems to carry more weight than your average Pokédex flavor text. Volcarona, Unown, etc. I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying there's always been a bit of a middle ground.
>>
>>33312290
Even if your average citizen doesn't, for there to be lore to study the lore has to be there somewhere. Ultra Wormholes have opened over Alola many times in the past, and sometimes when they do an Ultra Beast came out of it and caused havoc as it panicked, sometimes even battling the Tapu. In a sense, just because they don't individually have legends associated with them, the Ultra Beasts as a whole are legendary on some level in Alolan history.
>>
>>33312290
>>33312299
Basicly what I would pick in this discussion
>>
>>33312546
I would agree that the concept of UBs is a legend, but not that the individual regular mons involved are legendary. Though we're just really splitting already split hairs at this point. Not everything has that simple an answer. The game usually treats them as such, but not always. They fit some of the rules but not others. They ARE a legend in themselves but there are no legends associated with individual species.
>>
>>33312290
But Solgaleo and Lunala are UBs too.
Also who says the UBs arent powerful in their home. All we got to see was there was a cave full of nihilego. Being in a cave doesnt mean they arent powerful.
>>
>>33312722
That's what I said to start this whole conversation anon. Please read before you post.
Also we know that the dozen UBs we know are about the same strength and are perfectly common.
>>
>I'll never live in a real life Alola with a real Rowlet
If you could live in a region for real, which would you prefer and which Pokemon would you like to have?

Doesn't have to be native to the region you picked.
Hard mode: it does.
>>
Here's a question:
Is NoA/TPCi spending less money and focusing less on international marketing? We used to get mall tours and events for the game releases, but SuMo came and went with little fanfare.
>>
>>33313223
TCPi never cared about Pokemon. Also
>SuMo
>>
>>33312743
Johto with a Lanturn
>>
File: farfetchd_wink.png (887KB, 878x659px) Image search: [Google]
farfetchd_wink.png
887KB, 878x659px
>>33312743
Kanto and Farfetch'd
>>
how do you calculate stats? how do you know base 120 is 372?
>>
>>33309042
why do you think bulbasaur is the only base starter to be a dual type?
>>
>>33313406
the bulb/plant on its back is a separate sub-creature
>>
>>33313406
Gen 1 has many exceptions
>>
>>33313405
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Statistic#Determination_of_stats
>>
>>33312386
There's no canon explanation, only speculation.
But you can think that's because every other flying type ties to another type, while Tornadus is wind incarnate, hence its pure typing.
>>
If a Pokemon with an ability that changes types - let's say Pixilate Sylveon with Hyper Voice - uses a Z-Crystal on a move that would be changed, would the Z-Move stay the original typing and become Breakneck Blitz or change to the new typing and become Twinkle Tackle?
>>
>>33313406
>what is Rowlet
>>
File: ackchyually.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>33313406
Rowlet's a dual-type too but another anon already pointed that out while I was typing this. Oh well.
I never understood Bulbasaur's typing either. It doesn't strike me as being a poisonous creature, and the only Poison move it learns naturally is Poison Powder, which a fair few non-Poison types can learn as well (e.g. Hoppip, Tangela and Shroomish). Probably just wanted it to fit along with Oddish and Bellsprout.

>>33314519
iirc the Z-Move activates before the -ate Ability so it stays as Breakneck Blitz.
>>
>>33314521
A new Pokemon that people forget

meanwhile saur has been there since old days

both water starters are better anyway
>>
Any way to transfer my pokemon from platinum without a second DS/3DS?
>>
File: 345.gif (161KB, 296x240px) Image search: [Google]
345.gif
161KB, 296x240px
>>33314558
Neat, might actually be able to gimmick a Normalize Delcatty using a Z-Move of pretty much any type coverage to surprise my friends.
>>
>>33311715
We don't really know that
>>
>>33311411
>>33311741
What? Really? That's kind of neat. Really disappointing that they chose to add that and not some genuine or better content, but still. Neat.
>>
>>33313406
Because kanto is a toxic environment
>>
>>33311411
Didn't you also say that one was a digital copy and the other was a physical one? That might have something to do with it.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.