[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Pokemon Switch have a chance of topping it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

Does Pokemon Switch have a chance of topping it?
>>
>>33308925

Colosseum is shit, Gale of Darkness is better
>>
>>33308932
>inferior AI
wew
>>
>>33308925
Lol nope. Those days are over.

>>33308932
Colosseum was a good deal harder than the main games and that was refreshing.
>>
>>33309008

Colosseum isn't hard, it just handicaps the player with shitmons

The only Pokemon worth using are Espeon, Umbreon, Feraligatr, the beasts, and Flygon
>>
>>33309017
The AI uses actual strategies. I remember one cipher admin using protect and earthquake while another did rain dance and thunder. You also have to grind at Mt. Battle if you want to stand a chance at Realgam Tower.
>>
It won't be hard to tip this.

Nostalgia for u
>>
File: ishygdct.png (379KB, 900x780px) Image search: [Google]
ishygdct.png
379KB, 900x780px
>>33309040
>Skill Swap Slowking and Slaking
>>
>>33308925
JUST FUCKING PORT IT TO E-SHOP
>>
File: praise.jpg (456KB, 656x732px) Image search: [Google]
praise.jpg
456KB, 656x732px
>>33308925
>Stadium idle animations
>Tretta models and battle animations
>Colosseum AI
>XY sized dex
>100 to 150 new mons
>Battle Frontier and PWT
>BW battle speed
>Region the size of Kalos with the complex route of Sinnoh
>Visiting another region
>Rematchable leaders
>The dexnav from ORAS returning
>PSS from XY returning
>Toggle which pokemon you want walking with you
>SM EV training method
>6 on 6 with and without restrictions
>SM/BW tier story telling
>Option to skip cutscenes

This would be the ultimate pokemon game possible. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>33309530
>SM/BW tier story telling
>implying SM had half the storytelling prowess B/W did.
>>
>>33309556
>implying SM had half the storytelling prowess B/W did.
not him but my dream game would be on console, which is what we're getting, although it would be amazing to have 2 regions and not just Kanto/Johto where they're basically half a region's worth of content x2
and a story as long as the BW/BW2 combined
imagine if BW/BW2 were all one game, but you continue after defeating N, there's a timeskip and you move to a new region that's even harder than the first one, up to the point you battle Ghetsis
>>
>>33309530
>Region the size of Kalos with the complex route of Sinnoh

Lad, my dick can only get so hard.
>>
>>33308925
Hell no.
>>
>>33309040
There was a guy in Gale of Darkness on Mt. Battle that used Belly Drum Extremespeed Linoone.
>>
>>33309530
>>SM/BW tier story telling
>wanting cutscenes and forced dialogue events out the ass instead of discovering story and lore for yourself
>wanting restricted exploration

Also
>"b-but RPGs are supposed to be like that"
Not the earlier Pokemon games. Neither does every RPG stops your gameplay constantly for the sake of story. It's not good game design regardless.
>>
>>33309882
I don't see what that has to do with being on a home console, however.
Meanwhile the idea of Pokemon Switch turns me off because I do most of my pokemon playing away from home.

We've had Pokemon games on home consoles before and they were great, but now we're shoehorning main series onto them and they probably won't be much different.
>>
>>33310336
I'm more into Dragon Quest 7's style of storytelling, where there's some dialogue/cutscenes to keep you in the loop in certain situations, but a lot of things are also optional. The party chat system allows you to see Maribel and Kiefer's reactions to the world around them, and let you in on how another character outside of the player themselves would see the situation. They could've easily done something like that in Pokemon, where you could find out how Lillie or Hau feel about the situation whenever you feel like it, rather than constantly being stopped by them and making a linear game out of it.
>>
>>33308925
Will Pokemon Switch have a better husbando than Marlon?
>>
>>33309530
Having replayed Colosseum recently, I really don't get why people idolize the animations from it and Stadium. Most Pokemon idles are just as static as the 3DS games, and there's a lot more GF Xatu-tier plain fucking retarded posing that isn't suitable as a battle pose at all.

The only thing really much better about the animations is they linger more on the hit and hurt animations. But that slows down the gameplay, which is why GF avoids that for snappier, less detailed ones.

>>33310371
Doing something like party chat would've let them put more dialogue to give insight with too without having to script more cutscenes. And if they were deadset on having visuals with it, they could've gone for something like the party chat in Final Fantasy III DS when you have guests.
>>
>>33308932
colosseum had the under, some better pokémon, somewhat better villains, a different and equally good story,
etc. They're both amazing and equally good games imo
>>
>>33309530

It wouldn't be the greatest Pokémon game but it'll be a pretty good game.
>>
>>33310476
what would have an advantage over it? it'd at least be the best game until something even better gets released
>>
>>33308925
Its a mainline game
>>
>>33310432
>somewhat better villains

I can barely remember a single one of Colosseum's besides Miror B
>>
>>33308932
I feel like Colosseum had better difficulty, especially since you were limited to some pretty shitty mons, especially early on. Made you think more about what you were using.

I fucking hated in Gale of Darkness how the end game Trainers have multiple Shadow Pokemon, I always felt compelled to try and catch them all, and it only made it worse that the one guy had all the legendary birds.
>>
>>33310592
You don't remember the final boss at all? Not saying he was good or anything, but he was definitely memorable.
>>
>>33308925
Pokemon GO and Pokemon Spin Offs on DS and GBA already did it.
>>
>>33309556

it was super epik indeed xD

wanted to let you know i really liked le badass dragon and wtf was the story theme even about haha

i just like le badass dragons for the ftw (slang internet term for for the win, sorry for using so many for)

and basically lot of cool mons, like literally cool liek ice creams even if some mons were actual garbage but N is a cool guy

so he used a cool ice cream mon but also dark lucario (btw not a real lucario, an illusion, he actually used lucario's biggest enemy)

also this game had hmmm...

can i talk about this in here? o.O very mature themes sorry...

ok i will, these games had p*dophilia, h*mosexuality luna parks, tr*nsg*nders, bla*k people, war and

pokemon biting their trainers but also dangerous ninjas and wtf literally nazi scientist on space pirate ships like in those epik hollywood movies i watch and ughhh...

another super epic part was a mega castle coming from nowhere because just lol magic and no other reason haha and basically wow

wait...and hmmm...b**bs and hot girls with almost no clothes >.<
>>
>>33309556

my favorite part of these games was levelling up utter shimtons and ugly looking mons until level 50 and higher

hoping they get better but lol i got trolley'd everytime and they evolved into worse looking mons lmao

i got prank'd by nintendo again haha like that time i also bought the sequels that are not remakes btw ok?

you know i will be honest i fucking h*te genwunners and others gen because basically they ruined pokemon forever until unova was announced

people be asking me yeah no okay?!! what about the pwt?!!

truly ignorant and uneducated people...just because they used previous games characters doesn't mean it's pandering

btw trust me i'm not saying i liked those trainers because they used terrible pokemon from awful generations and not superior gen 5 ones

however i still think pwt was literally the number best feature and basically epik because recycled old sprites and therefore

their teams are super better and different from what a npc with same pokemon would have been

uh? did i tell you these games were like ultra technologic and basically a real future but in the present because lot of internet wifi features that were the post game?

that's right i liked this part because those mega funny games and apps reminded me of the facebook minigames hehe i'm sad they are not accessible anymore now whatever! :C

last thing, to the dumb people saying lenora was a bla*k...no! she is not, she was actually just tanned and covered in dirt because she is an archelogist stupids!

i rate those games epik / 100 but -1 point because luvdisc didn't evolve into alomololoma
>>
>>33309530
XY had too many pokemon in its regional dex and the design really suffered for it
That is, there is no design when you give players so many strong pokemon so easily
>>
File: 159903381951.png (396KB, 618x381px) Image search: [Google]
159903381951.png
396KB, 618x381px
>>33309530
>still no early game ice types
>>
>>33310729
What do you mean by that? The earlygame for a lot of Pokemon games have given players the opportunity to get strong mons early. Unlike other earlygame bird Pokemon, Staraptor in DPPt can be carried throughout the entire game, and BW2 give you opportunities to get an early Magnemite, Azurill, and Riolu, all of which become powerhouses, and after the third gym, you have a chance to get an underleveled Braviary/Mandibuzz, something that normally can't be caught that early, if at all.
>>
>>33310592
>not remembering lady venus or the mayor
either way, the xd villains were even more forgettable, anyways
>>
Obligatory "XD" reply.
>>
>>33310826
Who can forget Lady Venus' attract spam?
>>
Rider Willie cameo when
>>
>>33310718
>>33310723
Is this a copypasta?
>>
File: I miss this man.gif (3MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
I miss this man.gif
3MB, 352x240px
>>33309040
>send out Mantine and Meganium against the Mt Battle admin
>he ditches his ProtectQuake strategy and is forced to use weaker moves
Good memories.
>>
>>33309556
>implying bw's forced cutscene hell of a shitty story isn't what killed singleplayer pokemon
Honestly SM and XY are the exact same shit as BW as far as story/dialogue/cutscenes go and yet the unovabortions on this board will trash one game for doing the exact same thing they praise about another game
If anything BW should get more hate than XY and SM for starting the trend that they copied
>>
>>33311108
There's also the whole deal with BW1 and BW2 non-challenge mode giving Gym Leaders 3 mons and the E4 a team of 4. A lot of people use this as a negative for XY's teams, or for SM's equivalents of these trainers, but I haven't seen many people use this to talk down Gen V.
And before anyone mentions the Challenge Mode that gives BW2 4 mon gyms and 5 mon E4 teams, I have to agree that it's a good idea. Giving major characters stronger teams and an extra mon is nice. However, the implementation is horrendous. Almost everyone would only be able to utilize the mode in the postgame, where the mode is far less interesting, due to how the key system is implemented. If you had no friends with Black 2 who have already beaten the game, you'd never be able to experience it for yourself. A White 2 player won't be able to give you a Challenge Mode key at all.
>>
>>33311108
XY is a tiny bit more lenient and SM somewhat heavier but yeah BW started the majority of what people complain about with the recent games. But people say it's okay because the game was "fresh".
>>
File: 1502379646985.jpg (196KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1502379646985.jpg
196KB, 640x619px
>>33310718
just to let you know, mocking on 4chan only ever makes you look like a huge sperg rather than proving a point
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>33308925
Why hasn't there been a location as interesting or creative as The Under in any mainline games? Every location in Colosseum were well crafted compared to what Game Freak has done in recent years.

https://youtu.be/DcJrkqH9I40
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>33311637
>mfw the closest we'll get to an actual stadium/crowd watching you in a mainline game is the shitty Wi-Fi battle background, which doesn't even have actual people
>>
>>33311659
There's the crowd watching you at AZ and Hala's fights, so that's something.
>>
File: 1501974088773.jpg (80KB, 1170x789px) Image search: [Google]
1501974088773.jpg
80KB, 1170x789px
>>33311637
>Genius Sonority
>owned by TPCi and given the freedom to make their own Pokemon games
>makes two games based off an underused battle system in double battles
>give unique experience to the player while still feeling like it's a Pokemon game
>make Battle Revolution
>game is just Stadium without all that made Stadium fun
>regulated to making shitty spinoff games like Shuffle and that one typing game since then

What went wrong?
>>
File: Pokémon.Colosseum.full.783887.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.Colosseum.full.783887.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
>>33308932
YOU TAKE THAT BACK NOW!! PSYCHIC GINGER WAIFU IS BEST GIRL! You damn well know that Wes was objectively better than an edgelord manlet with a Dragon Ball Z fanboy scouter. Wes is alpha enough that he has a psychic waifu who does that shit with her fucking mind for him. Edgelord DBZ fan #1 is just constantly followed around by an annoying loli 24/7 and doesn't have the balls to tell the bitch to fuck off. Wes is alpha, DBZ manlet is beta, the intro and storyline is objectively better, and you're just in denial.
>>
>>33309107
VC version compatible with PokeBank when?
>>
>>33311836
Never, that's why a few weeks ago I replayed Gale of Darkness and transferred all the shadow mons up the whole way to SM. It hurt.
>>
File: cipher head evice.png (105KB, 795x663px) Image search: [Google]
cipher head evice.png
105KB, 795x663px
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?
>>
>>33311778
Wes was way more of an edgelord than Michael, you cunt. Even has a shady past and muted colors. Michael was more in line with your traditional pokemon protagonist.
>>
File: just fuck my shit up.png (93KB, 781x659px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.png
93KB, 781x659px
>>33312315
>>
>>33313407
>mfw mysterial realizes all of his mons are 10 levels lower than Evice's.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.