[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are over 70 legendaries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9

File: Sad salad.png (322KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
Sad salad.png
322KB, 500x385px
>There are over 70 legendaries
>>
>>33308586
And 20 of them were introduced in Gen VII.
>>
>>33308586
>Grass is green
>>
>>33308586
>70 legendaries
>out of 802 pokémon = 8.7%
kys
>>
>>33308631
If nearly one out of every ten people you met was a famous person of some kind, it would devalue fame.
>>
>>33308586
I blame Gen 4 that started this trend of a dozen legendaries every generation
>>
>>33308715
Bad analogy. If legendaries were actually equivalent to the proportion of famous people to everyone else in the real world, we wouldn't have a single legendary until Gen CXII or so.

That's 35 years from now. For a single legendary. The "fame" was grossly devalued from day one.
>>
>>33308592
but its okay because half of them are called Ultra Beasts xD
>>
>>33308828
315 years*

My bad. Masuda's AI would be ruining the games by then, not just his corpse.
>>
>>33308715
You meet far more than one of any non-legendary Pokemon in a playthrough though. It's more like if you met thousands of people who are almost all copies of one of 90 templates, but of those thousands you met 10 people who are completely unique.
>>
Each gen should have six legendaries max.
>>
>>33308857
*a third
>>
>>33308915
This DESU
>>
>>33308915
Only if the ratio of regular legends to event only is is like Gen II and not Gen VI.
>>
File: 1MbOdd7.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1MbOdd7.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>33308592
I count 18, am I wrong?

I thought 14 legendary Pokemon were too many in Gen 4. I'm actually OK with the Pokemon in Gen 7 so I guess I just hate the legendary Pokemon from Gen 4.

>legendary only dex when?
>>
>>33308586
Actually there are

1-3) Legendary birds
4) Mewtwo
5-7) Legendary beasts
8-9) Ho-Oh and Lugia
10-13) Regis
14-15) Lati@s
16-18) Weather trio
19-21) Lake guardians
22-24) Creation dragons
25) Cresselia
26) Heatran
27-29) First three Swords of Justice
30-32) Three Shinto Kami
33-35) Tao Dragons
36-38) Alphabet trio
39-40) Type: Null and Silvally
41-44) Guardian deities
45-48) Cosmog family
49) Necrozma
50-56) Ultra Beasts

Mythicals are part of a separate category:
1) Mew
2) Celebi
3) Jirachi
4) Deoxys
5) Manaphy
6) Phione
7) Darkrai
8) Shaymin
9) Arceus
10) Victini
11) Keldeo
12) Meloetta
13) Genesect
14) Diancie
15) Hoopa
16) Volcanion
17) Magearna
18) Marshadow
>>
>>33309139
Type Null and Silvally aren't legends.
>>
>>33308592
But Ultra Beasts aren't legendaries, Bulbapedia told me so.
>>
>>33309175
Classified under the same "sub-legend" category in the game's code as established Legendaries such as Articuno, Entei, and Terrakion.
>>
ITT retards who still believe ultra beasts are legendaries
>>
I prefer gens with a lot of legendaries. I hated gen 6 because there were barely any legendaries
>>
>>33308984
That's because most of the legendaries in Gen 4 (and 7 in all honesty) are unnecessary and could be removed from the dex without issue. Probably gen 5 as well.

Seriously who the FUCK thought we needed Phione, Manaphy, and Shaymin all in the same generation?
>>
>>33309139
Deoxys isn't a mythical anymore.
>>
File: 1445717078054.jpg (14KB, 193x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445717078054.jpg
14KB, 193x270px
>>33309207
>filter legendary in GTS
>ultra beasts get filtered
>>
File: You have failed.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
You have failed.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>33308586

You are wrong.

There are only 20 legendaries.

1) Mewtwo
2) Lugia
3) Ho-Oh
4) Kyogre
5) Groudon
6) Rayquazza
7) Dialga
8) Palkia
9) Giratina
10) Reshiram
11) Zekrom
12) Kyruem
13) Xerneas
14) Yveltal
15) Zygarde
16) Cosmog (Nebby is a legendary. Shocking)
17) Cosmoem
18) Solgaleo
19) Lunala
20) Necrozma

The others fall into the category of Sub-Legendaries and Mythical Pokemon.

The amount of Sub Legendaries are 36.
The amount of Mythicals are 18.

20 + 36 + 18 = 74
74 - 36 (Sub-Legendaries) = 38
38 - 18 (Mythicals) = 20

There are only 20 legendaries.
>>
>>33309316
This.

This is fucking definitive, objective proof that Ultra Beasts are legendaries. Fucking Gamefreak classifies them as such. Everyone who says otherwise shut the fuck up forever.
>>
>>33309316
>Implying special Pokémon and legendaries are the same thing
>>
>>33309321
imagine being this pedantic
>>
>>33309298
What is wrong with Gen 7 legendaries?
>>
>>33309374
The filter literally says "Mythical and Legendary Pokemon." Therefore everything filtered is listed under those categories. Get fucked kid.
>>
>>33308586
Faggot
>>
>>33309400
that doesn't mean shit when GF can't remember the canon of their own games
>>
Over 70 species of legendaries, specifically. There are hundreds of thousands to millions of pokemon out there, but every legendary is a small, extremely rare group at most. Many of them, such as box legends, are completely unique individuals. If you lived a fairly normal life in the pokemon world and weren't going out and specifically looking for one, you would probably never even encounter a single legendary pokemon your entire life, beyond maybe the barest of glimpses in the distance.
>>
>>33309415
>my headcanon is more accurate than gamefreak's actual canon
Holy shit denialfags are retarded
>>
>>33309400
Cause English translators suck, it only says "special Pokémon" in my language
>>
>>33309432
no one cares about your poverty 3rd world language.
>>
>>33309432
Every single "Special Pokemon" is legendary. It refers to shit like cover legendaries that are banned in official formats. However, the filter targets any legendary, including trios and shit. The ultra beasts being included means they are undeniably legendaries.
>>
File: Will_This_Ever_Be_Used.png (39KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Will_This_Ever_Be_Used.png
39KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>33309432
English is all that matter.
>>
>>33309523
This makes more questions than it answers.
>>
Fucking Bulbapedia ruining a thread again.
>>
Legendary is an umbrella term for all the special Pokémon. Use common sense.

Keep your sub-category autism out of here. Because when we say Legendary you know exactly what we mean.
>>
MYTHICALS AREN'T LEGENDARIES
SUB-LEGENDARIES AREN'T LEGENDARIES
ULTRA BEASTS AREN'T LEGENDARIES
>>
>Smogon OU is now overrun with legendaries and single-encounter Pokemon in general

I miss gen 4 desu, you had Heatran but at least your entire team wasn't Tapus + UB
>>
>>33309578
>UB
t. doesn't actually play OU
>>
>>33309523
>Nebby line an Necrozma are both Ultra beast and sub-legendary

>pseudo 3-stage
>Lucario
>Zoroark
>Volcarona
>Noivern
>3-stage

>Arcanine is there for no reason
>same with Rotom
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>33309563
OWLS AREN'T BIRDS
>>
>>33309563
Legendaries are legendaries you pedantic faggot. You're just listing different groups of legendaries, all of which are classified as "legendary or mythical" under Gamefreak's own filter. You might as well start grouping them by different trios or fucking colors, it doesn't matter, they're all legendary, including ultra beasts.
>>
id be fine with it if they made all of them actually good competitively like what the fuck is meloetta and necrozma like atleast make necrozma good by itself instead of making it a fusion bitch
>>
>>33309586
Nigga Celesteela is in every other fucking team, Kartana and Nihi are common as fuck too.
And sorry I mean Tapus + UBs + Megas, can't forget those bundles of joy.
>>
Legendary type 1: Allowed in battle facilities. Typically stronger than most normal Pokémon.
Legendary type 2: Not allowed in battle facilities. Higher base stats than type 1. Typically appear as version mascots, though there are exceptions like Mewtwo and Zygarde.
Mythical Pokémon: Not allowed in battle facilities, and not required to complete the Pokédex. Generally not obtainable through normal gameplay, requiring another game, distribution, or distribution item to obtain.

Legendary Pokémon are literally "Pokémon spoken of in legends", or exceedingly rare Pokémon that are known for their strength. Characters generally accept that they exist. Mythical Pokémon are Pokémon that are so rare that some question if they even exist. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are spoken of in Kanto by even normal characters because their existence is accepted, and they have been seen by regular people, but they are elusive, almost like a legendary fish in a pond. It's possible that more can exist, and that they're just a really rare species that's spread thin.

Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are believed to exist, but they're seen as major forces of nature that have legends and history written around them.

Something like Deoxys may only be known by a select few, while Arceus may be so far back in history that nobody can be sure of its existence, while Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi may be known of but their appearances can't be confirmed.
>>
>>33309578
The only relevant UB in OU is Celesteela. Get fucked retard.
>>
>>33309632
>Kartana and Nihi are common as fuck too.
>both have less than 4% usage
haha ok
>>
>>33308586
>there are more legendaries than Gen 6 pokemon
>>
>>33309608
>tomatoes aren't vegetables
>>
>>33309311
Yes it is. Still has the "fateful encounter" flag when you catch it in ORAS like other Mythicals you encounter in the wild.
>>
>>33309523
Remove the entire category of "pseudo 3-stage 600 BST Pokémon" because there is no canon reference for them.

Remove Rotom as it (and Spiritomb) are only rare Pokémon, not legendary.

Leave Arcanine as an exception because it's a nice bit of trivia, even though it is obviously not truly a legend.

Otherwise, this is actually a nice list, and I would like to see a double venn diagram with 2 extra circles for the pseudos and Arcanine.
>>
>>33309703
Of course they aren't. They are fruits like avocadoes as well.
>>
>>33309778
scientific categorization (yes) vs culinary categorization (no)
>>
>>33309798
tomatoes are fruit, you dumb bitch
>>
>>33308586
To be fair, lore wise, legendaries are extremely limited in number of members of the species, where as something like Magikarp is insanely abundant.

That being said, I fucking hate how many legendaries were added in SM. Ultra Beasts and Tapus were a mistake.
>>
>>33309811
>didn't read the post
>>
>>33309798
>culinary categorization (no)
You can make jelly with tomatoes and is sweet.
>>
>>33309849
>tomato jam
>>
>>33309775
Arcanine is a misconception.
伝説のポケモン (Densetsu no Pokémon) - Legendary Pokémon
伝説ポケモン (Densetsu Pokémon) - Legend Pokémon (Arcanine's category). The English games translate it as Legendary, but the の (no) makes all the difference, as it makes the proceeding word possessive or an adjective. Arcanine is called the Legend Pokémon because its original Pokédex entry says it is spoken of in Chinese folklore/tradition, being based on various Chinese quadrupedal beasts. The anime writers probably goofed in the second episode.
>>
>>33309321
You're only half right. The problem with the term "Legendary" is that it's been used officially to refer to different groupings of Pokemon at different times.

Prior to Generation V, Legendary and Mythical Pokemon were considered distinct groups in Japan, while the west considered Mythical Pokemon to merely be a subgroup of Legendary Pokemon, generally referred to as Event Legendaries. Starting in Generation V, the west also began to distinguish Mythical Pokemon from Legendary Pokemon.

In Generation VII, the hierachy of legendary Pokemon was explicitly laid out in the game's coding, defining two distinct groups: "Legendary Pokemon", which are banned from the Battle Tree (with "Mythical Pokemon" being a subcategory of this group), and "Sub-Legendary Pokemon", which are not. "Legendary Pokemon" are identified as such both in official media and in the Pokedex and have a gold background, while "Sub-Legendary Pokemon" have a green background.

This would seem to indicate that Mythical Pokemon are once again considered "Legendary", while tjhe minor legendaries allowed in battle facilities are no longer classified as such. However, the GTS option to filter requests for Legendary and Mythical Pokemon notably filters requests for "Sub-Legendaries" as well. Also, an advertisement for the recent shiny Tapu Koko distribution identifies it as a Legendary Pokemon.

What this means is that "legendary" is being used officially in two different senses: the general overarching sense used in the west since gen I (which includes all Legendary, Sub-Legendary, and Mythical Pokemon), and a more specific sense of Pokemon banned from battle facilities (which excludes minor legendaries). Ergo Type: Null, Silvally, and the UBs are just as legendary or non-legendary as things like the bird or beast trio, depending on which definition of the term you're using.
>>
>>33309886
None of the Pokemon species names have の between the first word and ポケモン though. Not even the ones that are の adjectives. So the lack of の doesn't really mean anything like you think. Legendary Pokemon is a fine enough translation.
>>
>>33310071
It should be noted that Lugia was initially called a Mythical Pokémon (幻のポケモン; Maboroshi no Pokémon). "Illusive Pokémon" is a better translation than Mythical Pokémon and it means the same thing as "Illusory" and rolls off the tongue much better. If I'm remembering correctly, Mew was referred to as a 幻のポケモン when it was first officially revealed. It's unlikely that the term was a definitive category then though, and it was more like "Super secret rare Pokémon that you can't catch right now". Ho-Oh and Lugia are both considered 幻のポケモン from Ruby/Sapphire up through Platinum as well since they're not required for any Pokédex in those games.

>>33310313
Only Starmie does really, but you could perceive the first word of most categories as nouns.
Starmie
なぞのポケモン/謎のポケモン (Nazo no Pokémon/Mysterious Pokémon)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_category
You can see that the category for each Pokémon (at least from Generation I minus Starmie) is a noun instead of an adjective.
>>
>70 super special awesome pokemon DUDE THEY RARE BRO AND SPECIAL ONLY A FEW IN THE WHOLE FUCKING MEMEMON WORLD LOL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Fuck Pokemon
>>
>>33309597
Rotom encounter music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfbdDCa4uLQ
>>
>>33310501
Stop cry iditot, or left pokemon if not like
>>
>>33310539
Masuda pls
>>
I think I also remember hearing another term in Japanese once, but it's much more grey in what it means in that it varies from game to game, and there isn't as much to define it.
珍しいのポケモン (めざらしいのポケモン; Mezarashii no Pokémon) - Rare Pokémon

Off the top of my head
Generation I (Red and Green)
>Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur (only one in the entire game and you have to choose between it and Charmander/Squirtle)
>Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard (only one in the entire game and you have to choose between it and Bulbasaur/Squirtle)
>Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise (only one in the entire game and you have to choose between it and Bulbasaur/Charmander)
>Farfetch'd (only one in the entire game and it's a trade)
>Hitmonlee (only one in the entire game and you have to choose between it and Hitmonchan)
>Hitmonchan (only one in the entire game and you have to choose between it and Hitmonlee)
>Lickitung (only one in the entire game and it's a trade)
>Mr. Mime (only one in the entire game and it's a trade)
>Jynx (only one in the entire game and it's a trade)
>Eevee (only one in the entire game)
>Vaporeon (have to choose between evolving Eevee to it or Jolteon/Flareon)
>Jolteon (have to choose between evolving Eevee to it or Vaporeon/Flareon)
>Flareon (have to choose between evolving Eevee to it or Vaporeon/Jolteon)
>Porygon (takes 9999 coins to get one)
>Omanyte/Omastar (only one in the entire game and you have to choose between it and the Shell Fossil)
>Kabuto/Kabutops (only one in the entire game and you have to choose between it and the Helix Fossil)
>Aerodactly (only one in the entire game)
>Snorlax (only two in the entire game)
>Articuno (only one in the entire game)
>Zapdos (only one in the entire game)
>Moltres (only one in the entire game)
>Mewtwo (only one in the entire game)
>Mew (not normally found in the game)
And maybe you could count trade evolutions, version exclusives, and Pokémon that are particularly difficult to find and catch.
>>
>>33310603
So some Pokémon may be under more than one category. You could put Articuno under "Rare" and "Legendary", but not "Illusive/Mythical". With breeding being introduced in Generation II, it also made certain Pokémon like Eevee far easier to get more than one of. It was no longer a choice for its evolutions. But there still were Rare Pokémon nonetheless.

Tyrogue could only be obtained as a gift in Generation II in an optional cave and could not be bred unless it evolved into Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop. Even then, it could only breed with Ditto since the family is only male. It would qualify as rare.
In Generation II, Yanma normally had a 1% chance of appearing in the wild on Route 35, though the chance of encountering it would become as high as 30% if you happened to get a call informing you of a swarm. The same goes for Pokémon like Snubbull/Granbull and Dunsparce.
In Generation IV, Rotom would qualify as rare since in Diamond and Pearl, it could only be found by backtracking to an optional location post-game at a certain time, and there was only one. Riolu/Lucario were also rare since you could only get one egg from Riley.
In Black and White, Zorua and Zoroark were rare since you could only obtain them by transferring event distributions from Generation IV.
>>
>>33309139
What separates a mythical from a legendary?
>>
>>33310665
Event only or was event only, and found near the beginning of the dex or at the end of it.
>>
File: Will_This_Ever_Be_Used 2.0.png (86KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Will_This_Ever_Be_Used 2.0.png
86KB, 1024x1024px
>>33309597
>>33309539
>>33309775
Well?
>>
Type Null, Silvally, and Ultra Beasts except the Cosmog line aren't legendaries
The GTS thing is a bad English translation that says "special" pokemon in Japanese

They do however get 3 guaranteed IVs upon spawn akin to legendaries because you can only obtain a limited amount of them on one save file
>>
>>33310986
Better, but the entire bottom right is still pretty superfluous. For the rest, you have very specific canon terms or a really common fan term as a really useful description for a group of mons. For the rest, it's things that have stuff in common. That's not enough imo.

Although, Rotom and Arcanine's grouping is better. But one question: Why include Rotom but not Spiritomb?
>>
>you can catch only one of them and possibly from an event
legendary
>you can only get it through event
mythical

simple as that
>>
File: CxfDqURVIAA1ziG.jpg (92KB, 911x572px) Image search: [Google]
CxfDqURVIAA1ziG.jpg
92KB, 911x572px
>>33311024
>the game coding is wrong!
This is just sad
>>
This is the current definitive list. Some Pokémon may have their own sub-groups. For example, the term "Legendary bird Pokémon" (伝説の鳥ポケモン) is used by several characters in the games to refer to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Similarly, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, and Guzzlord are referred to as Ultra Beasts (ウルトラビースト) in the games themselves. Just because you can give them a group, it doesn't mean there's no super-group(s).

Legendary Pokémon (minor)
>Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
>Raikou/Entei/Suicune
>Regirock/Regice/Registeel
>Latias/Latios
>Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
>Heatran
>Regigigas
>Cresselia
>Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion
>Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus
>Type: Null/Silvally
>Tapu Koko/Tapu Lele/Tapu Bulu/Tapu Fini
>Nihilego/Buzzwole/Pheromosa/Xurkitree/Celesteela/Kartana/Guzzlord

Legendary Pokémon (major)
>Mewtwo
>Lugia/Ho-Oh
>Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza
>Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
>Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem
>Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde
>Cosmog/Cosmoem/Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma

Mythical Pokémon
>Mew
>Celebi
>Jirachi
>Deoxys
>Phione
>Manaphy
>Darkrai
>Shaymin
>Arceus
>Victini
>Keldeo
>Meloetta
>Genesect
>Diancie
>Hoopa
>Volcanion
>Magearna
>Marshadow
>>
>>33309400
UBs are NOT LEGENDARY POKEMON. There are no legenda about them. They don't have a deep root in the Alola region. They're just beings from another dimension. End of the discussion.
>>
Gen 1: (5/151) 3.3%
Gen 2: (11/251) 4.4%
Gen 3: (21/386) 5.4%
Gen 4: (35/493) 7.1%
Gen 5: (48/649) 7.4%
Gen 6: (54/721) 7.5%
Gen 7: (72/802) 9%

I'm not counting Rotom, Type: Null or Silvally. I feel the fanbase reaches a consensus on what is and isn't a legendary and we all know those 3 aren't.
>>
>>33311654
Rotom isn't, but the other two are.
>>
>>33311654
I honestly wouldn't count Silvally or Null other than the fact they are programmed in game as legendary. You can argue Phione isn't due to it being a baby and having Gailie tier stats but it is. And you can breed Rotom and catch multiple in X and Y. No one would even argue this if it worn't for the music mix up in Gen IV
>>
>>33308915
You fags complained when this happened 4 years ago.
>>
>>33312818
I said
>looks like GF are learning somethings
Should of known they'd do an 180
>>
>>33312818
I thought we were complaining about the general lack of Pokemon in Gen VI. Not that it matters much anymore, considering that Gen VII introduced even less normal Pokemon and that the majority of said Pokemon are fucking useless NU/PU shitters.
>>
>>33309316
Except it has never been a "legendary filters" in the GTS, "special filter" if anything.
UBs aren't legendaries, period.
>>
>>33312839
You and others didn't really notice that VII is like V except for the number of mons. V introduced an enormous number of mons but most of them are shit. Like VII, the ones who are good are TOO good.
>>
>>33312818
You mean on the gen that had three in game, one of which wasn't developed, reused an old trio for nostalgia wanking and then had three events with next to no lore?

Because the problem then wasn't the amount, it was the execution.

>>33308857
I wouldn't count UBs as legendaries for this specific complaint though. The problem with there being over 70 legendaries is that the label "legendary" loses value lore-wise but lore-wise, UBs legendary status is more of a matter of perspective, they aren't uncommon where they come from.
>>
>>33312855
I would agree with this guy if only for the fact that Gen 7 did many strange things as a whole. One of them being that Tapus and UBs don't even reach the stats of any other gen's legendaries. They have less BST.
>>
>>33312859
fuck off nostalgiafag
>>
>>33312870
>nostalgiafag for rightfully calling shit like Simisear and Gumshoos shit
?????????
>>
>>33312886
>nostalgiafag for being a nostalgiafag
dont see the issue.
>>
>>33312891
How the fuck am i a nostalgiafag? Are you retarded?

Oh, i get it.

>he thinks i'm calling the mons themselves shit and not their battle potential

Faggot, i love all mons except Volbeat. But a good number of V mons are shit in battle.
>>
>>33311654

How in the world are you comparing Rotom to Type: Null? Null and Silvally ARE legendaries according to GF.
>>
>>33312904
>he thinks i'm calling the mons themselves shit and not their battle potential
Well yeah, if that wasn't the case then apologies.
>>
File: 885520f52ef1d8dae166b67fe9c2a9a6.png (770KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
885520f52ef1d8dae166b67fe9c2a9a6.png
770KB, 1200x900px
>>33312912
>>
>>33308586
If you remove VGC allowed legendaries the number isn't that bad.
Also if you compare legendaries to Japanese gods the number is still very small.
>>
>>33312927
Best girl
>>
File: Pseudo-Mythical.png (76KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Pseudo-Mythical.png
76KB, 1024x1024px
>>33311026
>>33310603
>>33310661
Okay.
Here's an idea.
>>
>>33312735
Phione is a Mythical Pokémon. It's not required to complete any Pokédex and it can only be obtained through another Mythical Pokémon. Sure, it can be mass produced and doesn't have any special stats, abilities, or moves, but it's just a shitty Mythical in that case.

Rotom definitely isn't a Legendary. It had the Legendary battle music in the Sinnoh games, there was only one without breeding, and it was next to the other Sinnoh Legendaries, but it is breedable into other Rotom and is required for the Pokédex and is easily available in other games, but there has never been any list saying it is one. It's just a rare Pokémon in the Sinnoh games, much like Eevee is in Generation I.
>>
>>33314420
Rare Pokémon vary by game. What might be rare in one game is common in another. Skarmory is exclusive to Silver which makes it a treasure to have in Gold, but it can be easily found in both Sun and Moon.

What you would need is seven images, one for each generation, and to go by what is and isn't normal, rare, legendary, and mythical in each game.

For Ruby and Sapphire, you could put
>Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo (version-exclusive)
>Sableye (version-exclusive)
>Lunatone (version-exclusive)
>Seviper (version-exclusive)
>Latias (exclusive to Eon Ticket e-Reader card, minor Legendary)
>Kyogre (version-exclusive, major Legendary)
under Ruby,
>Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry (version-exclusive)
>Mawile (version-exclusive)
>Solrock (version-exclusive)
>Zangoose (version-exclusive)
>Latios (exclusive to Eon Ticket e-Reader card, minor Legendary)
>Groudon (version-exclusive, major Legendary)
under Sapphire, and
>Alakazam (trade evolution)
>Machamp (trade evolution)
>Golem (trade evolution)
>Kingdra (trade evolution with item)
>Huntail (trade evolution with item)
>Gorebyss (trade evolution with item)
>Regirock/Regice/Registeel (minor Legendary)
>Rayquaza (major Legendary)
>Jirachi (Mythical)
>Deoxys (Mythical)
under both, as well as a bunch of other Pokémon that would qualify as rare under those games like Castform and Chimecho. It would require some time to systematically go through all that though for each game.
>>
>>33314420
>fire types in sinnoh
kek
>>
>>33312859
I only dislike like 5 gen V designs, max. I think you've confused the difference between "opinion" and "fact." Though, it's objectively terrible that they aren't introducing more Pokémon designs, period.
>>
>>33314551
Read the thread.
>>
>>33308631
get out underage
>>
>>33309321
nice autism
>>
>>33314968
>le underage meme
You truly are a retard.
>>
>>33312864
They don't come from here and are not common here. They're beasts who were able to go to our world through a hole in spacetime. Shit's legendary. (By our world I mean our pokemon game universe world thing)
>>
>>33314420
>or
>or
>or
>or
>or
Okay.
>>
>>33309139
All mythicals are legendary you fucking idiot. It's the reverse that isn't true.
>>
>>33311454
>top bulk
>top lel
>top fin
>top kek

Does the code actually refer to them that way?
>>
>>33310665
Semantics.
>>
>>33319236
No the names on the right were typed up by the dataminer himself to make it easier to read.
The strings of numbers and letters on the left are how the pokemon names look in the game coding.
>>
Mythicals=legendaries

If you're not autistic they go under the same category
>>
>>33310986
>Movie foci
When was Volcarona the focus of a movie?
>>
>>33310501
>Billions of the same pokemon species
>legendarys only have 1 of each species

Y-yea super common...
>>
>>33308984
Artist name? I love this artstyle
>>
>>33309278
Sinnohfetus spotted
>>
>>33321022
started with emerald ;)
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.