[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lads, what if Zapdos had Drizzle, and access to Hurricane and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 145.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
Lads, what if Zapdos had Drizzle, and access to Hurricane and Earth Power?

Would that make it sufficiently good?
>>
Good god
>>
>>33307458
It's already good, your changes would make it fucking broken
>>
She's already good tho
>>
>>33307490
Would a moveset with Thunder, Hurricane, Earth Power and Roost be appropriately efficient?

The STAB moves have quite good synergy with Drizzle, and a Ground-type coverage move should cover anything that the STAB options don't hit.
>>
>>33307458
straight to ubers
if giving pelipper drizzle sends it from pu to ou (same with politoed but from nu in gen 5), then this would be beyond retarded
>>
>>33307509
I think it could use +10 two the defenses, lots of mons from that gen need serious buffment
>>
>>33307509
yes, it would be fucking broken and probably sent to Ubers.
>>
>>33307524
Maybe Hurricane and Earth Power would be overkill, but I am of the opinion that weather abilities for each of the Kanto birds would be a nice touch. Snow Warning for Articuno, Drizzle for Zapdos and Drought for Moltres. Seriously, why not?
>>
>>33307524

drizzle didn't make pelliper ou because of how good it is, it just made pelliper the most viable rain setter.
>>
>>33307502
>she
>>
File: 1497831262183.gif (2MB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497831262183.gif
2MB, 500x370px
>100% accuarcy stab thunder and hurricane
>>
>>33307585
>Electric-types resist both
>Ground-types are immune to Thunder and might well resist Hurricane (Golem, Steelix etc.)
>>
>>33307615

yes in sure golem and steelix will really thrive in a rain meta
>>
>>33307458
Reminder that Pelipper went from PU to OU thanks to this ability

(I know Pelipper has STAB Specs Hydro Pump under the Rain, but still)
>>
needs weather ball as well.
>>
>>33307625
You forgot the Electric-types. They'll sure enjoy it.
>>
Earth Power is probably too much, I would rather run Thunder/Hurricane/HP Water/Roost or something along those lines.
>>
>>33307556
Specs pelipper is often used outside of Rain teams because it has 0 switchings outside of Chansey.
>>
>>33307458
Sufficiently good to break the meta, if that is what you're aiming for.
>>
>>33307556
Pelipper has Uturn, hurricane and litterally zero bulk. Zap is a defensive wall already. Even with only Drizzle, replace Pelipper by a phycical def Zap (Roost, Discharge or Thunder, Uturn, HP ice) in any relevant rain team in OU will make the team broken already
>>
>>33307641
Right, let's dig up all those special defensive electric types
>>
>>33307687

i'm not saying drizzle zapdos wouldn't be broken, i'm saying that just because drizzle brought pelliper from PU to OU, it doesn't mean giving drizzle to something in OU will make it uber
>>
>>33307824
Giving drizzle to something that can abuse the everloving crap out of it would however
part of the strength of drizzle isn't just that it helps the pokemon in question, it's that rain is disgustingly powerful.

pelipper's personal power is about the equivalent of a 110 sp-atk 'mon with adaptability

what tier would you recon a 110 sp atk, 60 speed adaptability pokemon without boosting moves would be in?

putting drizzle on zapdos is insane. Even if you get rid of what would be on it's own an A+ tier pokemon you now have to deal with giving rain boosted kingdra and friends a free switchin
>>
>>33307886
small correction: 65 speed
which does nothing but make it worse for trick room
>>
>>33307458
But it will not get Drizzle. Therefore, this thread is pointless.
>>
>>33307458
>giving it Earth Power just so it has coverage against its weaknesses

this meme needs to stop
>>
>TFW ou players really think giving it drizzle boosts it to ubers will make it good.
Have you forgotten who is SS rank in ubers? Rain a shit.
>>
>>33311056
I don't think you understand how bans work.
>>
Zapdos should be happy he's one of the only Pokemon who's seen regular use in every generation (even though Smogon bumped him down to UU in gen 5, he was still pretty common on OU rain teams). The only other Pokemon who can claim that are Gengar and the Chansey line.

And maybe Starmie, depending on how this gen plays out.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.