[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw this Game is still a King of Post Game Content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12

File: kingu.png (783KB, 989x441px) Image search: [Google]
kingu.png
783KB, 989x441px
>tfw this Game is still a King of Post Game Content
>>
File: 1450735056616.jpg (48KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1450735056616.jpg
48KB, 500x451px
>people hated them so gf decided it's not worth the effort for the next 3 games.
>>
>>33306046
Yes challenge mode being unlocked with 2 DS, 2 games post game is KING.
Reskinned Battle Tower with less variety is also bae.
Battle Mementier and actual post game exploration cannot compete.
>>
File: crying chicken.jpg (16KB, 564x352px) Image search: [Google]
crying chicken.jpg
16KB, 564x352px
>>33306046
Too bad they sold the least out of all third versions. Because of that GF feels post game is not needed
>>
>>33306055
technically Pokemon Crystal sold the least out of all third versions.
>>
>>33306046
The main game is pretty meh though.

The story is as shit as the XY one.
>>
I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about PWT, but Join Avenue was amazing. Don't know how Sun and Moon could mess it up so bad.
Also why does it matter so much to you people if content is accessed after you beat the E4 or not? Content is still content regardless of if it's postgame or unlocked earlier.
>>
>>33306046
The game I played the least. Did you play emerald?
>>
File: kek.gif (978KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
978KB, 500x550px
>>33306066
>>
>>33306068
Fuck off genwunner.
Cuckmerald didn't have gym leader rematches with OTHER region gym leaders.
>>
File: 1475822972458.jpg (170KB, 1053x727px) Image search: [Google]
1475822972458.jpg
170KB, 1053x727px
>>33306063
Really? Well shit
>>
>>33306053
Bruh bw2 had the black tower/white tree hollow and the ability to explore the areas that from BW that weren't visited on BW2's main quest like Twist Mountain.
>>
>>33306067

Postgame content is balanced around you having post game Pokemon. Black Tower is better as post game since it means full teams of fully evolved high level opposing Pokemon on trainers.
>>
Say what you will about the main story, but you can't beat the PWT, Pokéstar Studios, Black Tower/White Treehollow, or Join Avenue, just to name a few things.
>>
File: 1500943080410.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1500943080410.gif
2MB, 320x218px
>>33306067
>one new town with fiend safari and maison
>resort with no battle frontier in sight and the maison copy and pasted
>the rest of poni island is explorable. More empty space and a tree
>>
>>33306088
So does that mean Pokestars, Join Avenue, the Medal system, standard PWT tourneys and Memory Link don't matter since they're not postgame? All those features add a lot to BW2 even if they're standard new content.

>>33306095
I wasn't talking about Gens VI and VII content at all, I was asking why it specifically has to be post-E4 with you people.
>>
>>33306055
if they'd actually complete their first 2 pair of games instead of giving us the "premium version" later on this wouldn't be a problem
They call add all the stars and sprinkles they want but the new gen hype has already faded and people are not gonna care for it as much
>>
>>33306124
*can
>>
>>33306124
Yup ,but GF never learns anything new their essentially an old dog
>>
>>33306150
makes sense they'd work with Nintendo then...
>>
>>33306067
challenge would be nice to have from the beginning.
>>
>>33306122
Gen 5 retards only have post game to gloat about, even then it's lackluster.
PWT isn't amazing, it literally IS Battle Tower with a smaller selection of Pokemon to face.
Children get impressed by shiny bells and whistles that disguise it by using gym leaders.
>>
>>33306208
>being this shitty at baiting.
>>
File: 200.gif (1MB, 346x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1MB, 346x200px
>>33306208
How is pwt a battle tower clone when the battle subway is still around?
>>
I liked emerald and platinum's extra islands and variety in battle facilities, but factory was my most played

I was never a big fan of unova, and pwt seemed cool for optional battles but as battle facility it is only marginally better than the battle subway
Online battles are a better "endgame" than this
>>
>>33306063
Emerald is the worst selling pokemon game.
>>
>>33306320
I mean, did the pwt have any systems or non-standard mechanics at all?
The only thing unique about it was the type master stuff, if I recall, which was novel at least
>>
>>33306089
Three of these are broken because of Nintendo WFC shutting down.
>>
>>33306357
There's the rentals, which is essentially Battle Factory without the streak, and trade battles, something that's a bit more unique and interesting, although the gamplay changes aren't as drastic as anything Emerald or Platinum's Frontiers offered. Back when Wi-Fi worked, you could also download a few tournaments, though those usually don't have the gimmicks like rental and trade.
I personally like these two features a lot more than the Gym Leader matches. People overhype that way too much.
>>
>>33306089
>Pokéstar Studios

Fuck outta here
>>
>>33306393
>disliking Pokéstar Studios

It's was as unique as Contests back in Gen 3. Underrated stuff.
>>
>>33306393
>Not liking making movies.
>not trying to find alternate endings

Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>33306046
>muh postgame
>>
>>33306392
Yeah, that is pretty cool, I never beat the e4 when b2w2 came out because I was not really into it after the ghetsis battle, rather uncharacteristically of me, but I guess I just wasn't into it
>>
>>33306215
>being this shitty at defending your overhyped and mediocre post game
Platinum and Emerald won.
>>
>>33306413
Fuck off, Ohmori
>>
>>33306435
>overhyped
>o
>v
>e
>r
>h
>y
>p
>e
>d
>>
>>33306435
I don't think it's fair to compare design philosophies of pre- and post- gen 5 games, to be honest
>>
>>33306050
Modern gaming in a nutshell.
>>
>>33306411
>>33306412
I'm not saying I disliked it, but it was a pretty hollow pursuit, and should not be a main selling point for people trying to champion BW2.
>>
Fucking medal quest, that shit right there got me playing online for real. I am not an achievement whore, but having an in game collectible instead of some symbol for your online profile got me hooked.
>>
>>33306452
Because by saying that you get to only compare gen 5 with gens 6 and 7 for an easy victory in post game wars.
Forcing your favorite to play in the special Olympics.
Sad!
>>
>>33306452
You fuckin wot m8
>>
>>33306462
I liked gen 6 and 7 more than 5 overall, the pwt isn't enough to make me like it more. But I understand that a lot of people spent a lot of time there, as I did in the platinum frontier, so I accept their opinion about it :)
I hope we can coexist
>>
>>33306348
Nope Crystal is
>>
>>33306459
Doesn't the game allow you to attach your favorite medal to your in-game profile, alongside the usual trainer class and message? Could've sworn I was able to parade my favorite medals around.
>>
>>33306474
They are different games made for a different purpose
Which do you prefer?
>>
>>33306462
I think technically this post is saying it's only fair to compare gen 5 with gen 5.
>>
>>33306487
I prefer people writing posts that make sense
>>
>>33306489
Gen 5 is post gen 5 I'm just an idiot who should never be given a keyboard
>>
Challenge mode should have been a standard

much higher difficulty but in return the xp and trainer levels are modified so the champion has 6 lv 100's (possibly on rematch) making leveling vastly easier
>>
>>33306484
Yep! Best one had to be the meta garbage can medal or the vending machine rng ones. Stuff like that encouraged experimentation, then gen 6 slapped em into the pgl site and they just became checkmark lists for battles, catching, and trading. Fucking gamefreak.
>>
>>33306480
Nope.
>Pokémon Crystal 6.39
>Pokémon Emerald 6.32
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
Sorry to disappoint you.
>>
>>33306517
I don't agree with that concept entirely now that you clarified it, but you're being so self-deprecating that I don't care to dispute it. Go get yourself an iced cream, homie
>>
>>33306512
How doesn't it make sense? With gen 5 everything changed, the focus or "theme" was no longer about adventure and exploration with your pokemon
It was about bigger ideas like relationships between people and pokemon, traveling with people, and fleeting friendships. The games have a narrative goal now.
This is not worse, after all, but a distinctly different design from gens 4 and earlier.
>>
>>33306540
I'm trying to save money for a car because it's winter soon and my rent is going up so no ice cream for me
You seem like a sweet person, though, thanks for responding so kindly to me :)
>>
>>33306522
Getting Challenge Mode to play through the whole game is a total pain, honestly. You'd need a friend who has already beaten Black 2 to give one to you. If you played through Black 2 and gave your key to a White 2 friend, then reset your game to play in Challenge Mode, you wouldn't be able to get your key back, since the White 2 player can only send keys they got, and you can't get Challenge Mode at all in W2.
>>
>>33306560
I meant it as "without the key bullshit"
>>
>>33306489
In that case we shouldn't compare any gen with any other.
>>
>>33306560
I just used an action replay to unlock challenge mode
>>
>>33306537
>2017
>people still use raw sales instead of the percentage sold against their systems
Stale argument.
>>
>>33306733
That percentage meme died when the buzzword hoennpapi(babby) became irrelevant.
Go back to /2012/ bitch.
>>
>>33306733
GBA sold bad because it have bad games, like RSE. Deal with it.
>>
>>33306771
>>33306753
>>33306733
>b-but muh emulation numbers!!!
they want to be relevant again so bad
>>
>>33306786
wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>33306803
you can't stand that sinnohfetuses and unovabortions are now the hot topic
you got your remakes and they're irrelevant already
HGSS still gets talked about
genwunners are eternal
you lost
>>
>>33306753
>comparing sales taking into account how much the system sold
>studying sales the way it should be
>a meme
>using the hoennfag insult like it means anything on this
It's so obvious how much of a summerfag you are, holy shit.

>>33306771
Actually, it's the other way around you fucking kid. DPPt sold almost the same units than their predecessors. Considering they were on a system that sold almost double than the GBA, it says a lot about how shitty Sinnoh was. Please cry some more.
>>
>>33306771
They weren't bad
Why are you like this? Pokemon is good and it doesn't deserve this
>>
>>33306840
Is this bait?
>>
>>33306840
I lost what? I'm not defending gen III if that's what you are implying.
>>
>>33306843
>trying THIS hard to make hoenbaby a thing again
calling me a summerfag doesn't change the fact that you haven't been relevant since 2013
Convenient of you to not know how hated hoenn was on here 5 years ago, though
>>
>>33306843
>it's the other way around you fucking kid
I started with gen I, you fag Hoennbabbie. I don't give a fuck about gen III or IV. Just don't reply to me with this shit percentage meme.
>>33306846
Ok, you're cool and not stupid like the others. They are okay games, ok anon?
>>
>>33306856
Don't even bother with him.
He's clearly a shitposter with a victim complex who is blinded by his hate for gen3 and thinks everyone wants to have a genwar with him.
He needs a reason to demonize you, so anyone who doesn't agree with him mus love gen3.
>>
>>33306867
>>33306866
>trying THIS hard to make hoenbaby a thing again
You do realize hoennbaby is meant to be an insult, right?
And you're the only one caring about "being relevant" here. I don't even know what the hell it's your deal.
>I started with gen I
Sure you did, kid, sure you did.
>Just don't reply to me with these facts about sales
Does the truth trigger the lil poor baby? Kek.

Honestly, you type like an underage newfag.
If this is falseflagging, please remember that ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>33306904
>facts about sales
Here's the fact kid: GBA sold bad, RS sold bad, Emerald is the worst selling pokemon game.
>>
>>33306912
And DP and Crystal sold worse considering how many units there were in the market for each system.
But I guess simple logic is too much for your poor head.
>>
>>33306867
>Ok, you're cool and not stupid like the others
This is a literal underage, what the fuck.
>>
>>33306867
Alright, thank you for the kind words but please be kind to other people as well

>>33306934
What are you talking about?
>>
>>33306926
And do you know why the GBA sold bad? Because it have bad games, like RSE.
It's not simple logic, it's your shit meme, because you can't accept the truth.
>>
>>33306955
The how do you explain that DP sold almost the same than RS when the DS sold practically double units than the GBA?
Please explain it.
>>
>>33306949
Thanks for the nice reply.
Don't bother with him anon, he's an underage mad because something, probably what >>33306875 said.
>>
>>33306926
for all we know DP sold the consoles they were played on
for all we know RS sold the consoles they were played on
What we DO know is DP sold more
Assumptions are only assumptions, but solid numbers don't lie.
DP won with cold hard numbers.
>>
>>33306969
I don't know. What I know is that the GBA didn't sold well. Pokemon usually boost the sales of the console, but RS didn't.
>>
>>33306976
>DP won with cold hard numbers.
Sure, 16 million against 17 million in a system that sold double units.
Cold hard numbers indeed my man. But I guess RS is shit and DP are great, heh.
>>
>>33306067
Postgame just means something to do after the main story which is where most hardcore pokemon players spend their time on, having them after the league just makes the facilities feel more special.

>>33306357
There's the type master tournaments that forced you to build teams of a certain type, also knowing what pokemon the other trainers may have let's you prepare a team around them instead of being forced to just cheese the AI.
>>
>>33306997
>RS is shit and DP are great
no, they both sold pretty much the same. Stop caring about the console.
>>
>>33306997
DiaPer are indeed less shit, yes.
Now that we settled that, you can go back to 2012 and have hopes for a great RSE remake you'll never get.
;)
>>
>>33307010
>Stop caring about the console.
>use only half of the data regarding the sales instead of all of the data
Nice confirmation bias you got there, man.
>>33306989
And the fact that GBA sold "bad" obviously proves that RSE are bad games. It is not possible that there weren't other factors implicated on the sales.
You're entire "argument" is a Cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.
>>
>>33306066
Do you frequently make incorrect statements without backing them up with logic or reason?

Pokemon X/Y was genericness about an edgelord trying to destroy the nicest and friendliest region in the world (At the time) because he's sooooo edgy and sad.

Pokemon S/M was an attempt to pander to genwunner faggots and dumb new kids at the same time.

Pokemon B/W was about ideals and fighting for them. and fighting against crazy cults with wrong ideas. N thought he was the protagonist, but you proved that thinking you're right doesn't make you right. Hell, even the conflict was a lot more grounded than those in usual kiddie games.

B/W isn't "Team Satan will work with the Seemingly Good Foundation to summon Darugis and open a portal to the Death Dimension to summon the Ultra Beasts and bring down a meteor and detonate a nuke and steal everyone's souls". It's "This evil team will get its puppet to summon the legendary Pokemon of old, convincing everyone he's the new legendary hero. And if he told everyone to release their Pokemon, people would. And anyone that wouldn't would be no match for the world that wanted all pokemon released. Would a kid-friendly game have the balls to protray SJWs as the bad guy these days, or portray a cultural shift caused by a groupthinking cult as the big doomsday event threatening you and your way of life?

And B2/W2 didn't just add on one new battle tower and call it a day, they added a new plot, new villains, consequences for the actions taken in previous games, all these things genwunners never played or experienced or understood.

But boy oh boy, I can't wait for a shitposting groupthinking nostalgia-blinded faggot to go "tldr" at me, make a fallacious non-argument, or attack me for "Autistically caring so much about pokemon" on an anonymous messageboard for pokemon-loving autists.
>>
>>33307043
>And the fact that GBA sold "bad" obviously proves that RSE are bad games
Agreed. Nice talking to you.
>>
>>33307015
>;)
Eh, why do I bother with a kid with shit taste.
Come back when your balls have dropped.
>>
>>33307054
Nice shitpost.
>>
>>33307068
But we have the same opinion now, anon.
Thanks for the (You).
>>
>>33307062
not an argument
don't make another post until you can stay on topic and defend the disastrous gen 3 sales without just going off about an emoticon '3'
>>
>>33307090
We do not, kid.
Your argument a very well known fallacy. And one of the easiest to fall into too.
And seriously, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>33307102
>defend the disastrous gen 3
Already did, you just ignored the data you don't want to hear about.
>'3'
Grow up, man.
>>
>>33307104
The fallacy here is your percentage meme.
The numbers don't lie. The GBA and RSE sold bad. RS aren't great games and GBA don't game good games overall. It's simple.
>>
>gen 3 made less money because it sold less
>less people played gen 3 because it sold less
>less people cared about gen 3 because it sold less
>gen 3 was less influential as a whole for people because it sold less
>but an attachment rate trumps all these somehow
hoennbabe mentality, everybody
>>
>>33307049
This bro! B&W are fuckin red pilled as fuck! Praise kek my fellow kekistani XDDDD

Show those fuckin SJWs!!!!!
>>
>postgame discussion becomes a typical genwar thread
Typical /vp/
>>
>>33307122
Most hoennbabbies are the cancer of this franchise. And you can see that this is a thread about gen V.
>>
>>33307119
>meme
You can keep repeating that word as many times as you want. Doesn't stop the comparation of percentages to be the legit way to study sales. You're literally ignoring the market status and just looking at raw numbers; economically speaking that doesn't make any sense.
>the GBA and RSE sold bad
Actually, they sold pretty great. They just sold less than previous games. But they were still fantastic numbers.
>since the GBA sold bad, it means RSE is bad
First, your entire argument is based on a wrong assumption, that the GBA "sold bad".
Second, again, correlation does not imply causation. Your argument is but a huge fallacy. Unsurprising coming from such an underage.
>>
>>33307049
He was talking about BW2's maingame and plot being shit you idiot
>inb4 challenge mode related teams
Good luck getting that without cheating
>>
>>33307122
>>33307138
People who care about "genfags" and need to start a genwar in every fucking thread is the cancer of this board. You are a fine example of it.
>>
>>33307148
>percentages
You can keep repeating that word as many times as you want. Gen III sold bad, anon. And that's a fact.
>Actually, they sold pretty great
Nope.
>They just sold less than previous games
Yes.
>since the GBA sold bad, it means RSE is bad
You said that here: >>33307043
>>
>>33307169
You are the one who started genwar.
>>
The GBA Sold 90 million units. DS Sold 151 units. Ruby and sapphire still outsold Gen 5 even with smaller userbase in systems.
>>
>>33307177
>Nope
Then you don't disagree with me, you disagree with every single market study and every reviewer of those years.
>You said that here
You have problems to detect obvious sarcasm?
So you're not only underage, but also an autist. Holy fuck.
>>
>>33307203
>you disagree with every single market study and every reviewer of those years
No, I just disagree with you.
>You have problems to detect obvious sarcasm?
>lol, I was just pretend
>>
>>33307185
This is my first post on this thread, you fucking retard.
>>
>>33307218
Sure.
You have problems to detect obvious sarcasm?
>>
>>33307217
>No, I just disagree with you.
You're considering about 16 million units sold of a game as "bad sales". Heh, you disagree with everyone.
>lol, I was just pretend
Maybe next time read the entire post before replying.
>>
>>33307241
>You're considering about 16 million units sold of a game as "bad sales"
For pokemon, they are okay numbers, not good.
>Maybe next time read the entire post before replying.
Actually, I really want you to stop replying.
>>
>>33307232
Retard.
>>
>>33307259
Bill Gates wants to kill MS paint bacause people like (You)
>>
>>33307258
>For pokemon, they are okay numbers, not good.
Then why do you keep insisting that they're bad?
Or do you consider that bad is the same as "doing okay"?
>I really want you to stop replying.
The feeling is mutual.
>>
>>33307258
16 million would br 5th highest selling mainline games. B/W are lowest
>>
File: 1404579998986.gif (2MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1404579998986.gif
2MB, 217x217px
>>33307266
>"samefag!!"
>gets proven wrong
>"y-you just used paint!! you samefag!"
Have a (you), shitposter-kun.
>>
>>33307281
>>33307274
>>33307270
You're the one who uses MS Paint and shit reaction images instead of arguments, percentages instead of real numbers and I'm the shitposter?
>The feeling is mutual.
Ok.
>>
File: 624362465.png (11KB, 940x166px) Image search: [Google]
624362465.png
11KB, 940x166px
>>33307298
Seriously man, stop
>>
File: cap_3231.png (14KB, 912x137px) Image search: [Google]
cap_3231.png
14KB, 912x137px
>>33307298
anon...
>>
>>33307049
I love BW but you're just being a huge faggot here.
>>
I followed the serebii/pokebeach leaks for RS ("pokemon advance") back in '02. I didn't buy because it was too far a departure from Gen2, which was, for me, perfect. The music revamp and the new direction in monster design didn't sit well with me, along with small things, such as the sprites being slightly taller. Even going back today, RSE feels like it's missing something present in previous games. I feel the same way about the transition from 5-6. GF sure has a tendency to reboot when they've already got it right.
>>
>>33307689
I really enjoyed RSE as a kid but I just skipped from Gen 1 to Gen 3 so I never felt like that for Gen 2.
>>
Since I'm a newfag to this board and I haven't yet finished a pokemon game, what are you supposed to do post-game? I was under the impression the game was pretty much over and there wasn't much to do but I keep reading about how 'the game actually starts after you beat the elite four for the first time' or whatever.

If it's game-specific I'm grinding for the elite four + champion + ghetsis or whatever in white right now.
>>
>>33306458
It was still miles better than musicals. Making movies netted you cool items and shit you could sell for lots of money.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.