[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other hoenn babies have nostalgia for kanto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

I was born in 1996 too young for pokemania. My first games were ruby and sapphire but 2nd games weee FRLG

Does anyone else have nostalgia for FRLG than red and blue?
>>
Not really. I used to love FRLG, but I've realized that all the poison types in that game make it hard for my bro Venusaur to shine. Plus Kanto and Johto are pretty bland as regions compared to say Hoenn and Sinnoh. Maybe if they were to remake Gen 1 again, give some more Pokemon variety, hat would reignite my love for Gen 1.
>>
File: tfw oldfag.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
tfw oldfag.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>33303777
>most anons on /vp/ were probably too young for pokemania
>>
I started with Johto and when I got to Kanto I was confused at how bland and empty it was compared to Johto. I played RBY shortly after and liked it more than the shitty postgame version, though I didn't feel strongly about it. FRLG I played when it came out and I rather liked it. Don't really feel much nostalgia for Kanto itself though, Sevii I do though mostly for the ace renditions of the GSC tracks.
>>
>>33303777
I do as well. I was introduced to Pokémon through the Kanto arc of the anime, so Fire Red was great for me.
>>
>>33303777
>I was born in 1996 too young for pokemania
Bitch, don't you dare give me that excuse. I didn't even live to see more than two months of that year and I still managed to soak part of my early childhood in Pokemania.
>>
>>33303859
most anons on /vp/ are too young for this board
>>
>>33304020
Yet another '96 boy
Pokemania got me hooked before I could speak full sentences. Card game and anime mostly.
>>
File: 1467925423469.gif (572KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1467925423469.gif
572KB, 499x374px
>>33303777
I am a Generation 1 oldfag but Gen 3 is my favorite Generation. Where does this put me????
>>
File: sleep tight kipper.png (573KB, 703x725px) Image search: [Google]
sleep tight kipper.png
573KB, 703x725px
>>33303777
Born the same year and got into the series through the anime in 2002. My parents got me Blue and Silver right before gen 3 came out and I got Sapphire for my 7th birthday. So honestly I thought FRLG were boring as hell. I had already seen Kanto twice at that point and I greatly preferred Hoenn because it wasn't as flat and didn't try to hold your hand with the Teachy TV and help guides on the shoulder buttons. Despite that, most of the kids in my grade were introduced to FRLG as their first games along with RS so my experience was obviously different from others. When I go back to gen 3 it's always for Hoenn.
>>
>the original release of pokemon is now dubbed "Pokemania"
when did this happen? also christ this shit makes me feel old. I have legitimate nostalgia of playing Red for hours in Mt. Moon and hearing the BGM after turning my gameboy off and thinking I was dying or going insane. Also being pissed off I couldn't get a Meowth unless I traded with Blue.

I get second-hand nostalgia over people who got to play classic EQ/Ultima Online when it was new.
>>
>>33304179
It's because Pokemon was a fad when it first came out. Look at how much more gen 1 sold compared to the rest of the series, it just happens to be a fad that caught an audience and managed to survive
>>
File: 1465329966058.jpg (455KB, 1280x662px) Image search: [Google]
1465329966058.jpg
455KB, 1280x662px
>>33303777
Are you me? Gen 3 were my first games. I had Sapphire first and I loved it, but Fire Red was such a good game. I was born in '98, but my older sisters were into during the mania.
>>
>>33304020
>>33304036
this wtf
it was because of pokemania that my older brother got me into everything when I could barely register how to shittily play the games
>>
>>33303777
I started playing a bit later than most kids, I assume, because I was like 12 or so and my friend in middle school gave me LeafGreen. I thought it was amazing. Shortly after I got Emerald. I thought it was even more amazing. Then shortly after that I steadily obtained every Pokemon game that existed up to that point, Gen 1, 2, and 3. It was easy because it was the age kids thought they were too old for Pokemon and vidya, so people literally sold me their carts really cheap. I played every single version, and traded between them to complete national dexes.

Due to starting with LG, I understand a lot of the things discussed when people bring up Kanto nostalgia. Regardless I played RBY within a couple years after that. Of course I missed stuff like the fun glitches, but the overall game experience was the same.

Besides, being born in '94 I remember pokemania partially from a very young age, when everything was about Pokemon. I remember getting those popular Burger King toys, the pop tarts, and sometimes watching the original anime. Though I'm told I have an exceptional memory, because apparently it isn't normal to remember tons of things going as far back as 3 years old.
>>
File: NvXjZ.gif (369KB, 460x334px) Image search: [Google]
NvXjZ.gif
369KB, 460x334px
I will never get use to the fact that there are people who are allowed to post now that are younger than the time I've spent playing pokemon. I've been playing since '98.

I imported FRLG in my freshman year of highschool, and everyone was playing Gen 4 after they all fucking abandoned it since RS during our high school graduation since it just released a few weeks prior.

Dear god where the fuck did the time go?

But yes, I very much miss Kanto. I probably would've gotten bored of Pokemon if FRLG didn't occur. I really hated RS because it killed all my bros that were with me for years. And... then made it impossible for me to get replacements for another two fucking years without hacking.
>>
>>33304020
No you didn't. You were way to young.
>>
>>33304650
>I've been playing since '98.
I was born in 98
>>
>>33304223
Wait, are you me? My first game was Sapphire and then I got FireRed and LeafGreen
>>
I'm nostalgic for Gens 1-4
>>
>>33304843
Fucking babbies.

I was born in 90. I feel old. There's probably some 98 year old geriatric fuck on this board who beats us all, though.
>>
>>33304650
This, except I was a spastic who just loved playing any sort of Pokemon game I could. I don't think I actually started thinking some of the games were shit up until last year.
>>
File: Roar-of-Time (slow).gif (1MB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
Roar-of-Time (slow).gif
1MB, 440x440px
>>33305468
Yeah, perhaps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5By9NJJS4gc&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAXB_-NR0l4
>>
File: 498.gif (3MB, 384x212px) Image search: [Google]
498.gif
3MB, 384x212px
>>33303777
>1996
>too young for pokemania
Nigga, I was born in 95 and managed to play every generation till now, in their respective order.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.