[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which region is more organic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1501377257866.png (233KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1501377257866.png
233KB, 500x358px
In your opinion, which region looks and feels most "organic"? Which one makes You feel like It's not only NPCs but a true place where people live?
>>
>>33302307
Johto.
>>
Unova and Alola for me. Especially Unova with the people running around in Castelia City.
>>
>>33302307
Unova. The different attractions, construction works, a few NPCs that travel throughout the world and the differences between the two games after the 2 year gap makes it feel very alive. There's also the people walking through Castelia City and Join Avenue.
>>
>>33302307
Dunno about "organic." Johto and Sinnoh are objectively the worst, I know that.

I will say that Hoenn letting you Dive, make hideouts in the overworld, and now even Soar over the land does really make it feel a bit more alive, especially with the mystery islands and shit.
>>
I think sinnoh seems the most live-able, but kalos and alola have a huge advantage of feeling more alive due to technology
>>
>>33302352
But sinnoh had an underground for bases, which seems to meet the same qualities you described
>>
>>33302307
Johto and Alola, since they meld civilization and nature together really well.
>>
Unova, Kalos, and Alola are the only regions that put real effort into them as realistic settings, Hoenn puts some good effort into it with ORAS but it mostly acheives it through the connectivity features rather than the actual setting

Johto and Sinnoh work if you view them as "bumfuck nowhere where nothing happens" type places

Kanto is just garbage as a setting which is why it needs another remake to salvage it
>>
>>33302369
The underground isn't the overworld
>>
>>33302397
Reading game informer this month, and they had next to no consideration about kanto as a setting
This is why johto had so much more personality, because they used the kyoto region as inspiration rather than just piecing maps together over kanto
>>
>>33302414
That's cus it's under the ground
>>
>>33302397
This. Newer gens have done a lot better of a job at making things feel more alive
>>
>>33302397
>Alola
That felt less like a place people live and more a region filled with robots.
It was weird being in a region that stuff since the DS era started making them very alive.
>>
>>33302307
Johto, Unova, Alola
>>
File: Cafe Sonata.png (74KB, 216x177px) Image search: [Google]
Cafe Sonata.png
74KB, 216x177px
Unova. From people bustling around Castelia to its back alleys & underground bar, to entrepreneurs trying to start up a business in Join Avenue, to street buskers, to a professor who actually shows up in the field to do research, to roads with vehicles; everywhere just feels so alive & there's always something going on
>>
>>33302319
This. I went to Kyoto and I could really see the resemblance and the stark contrast especially to Kanto's Tokyo

Johto reflected its source region/city well plus its geography makes so much sense compared to many others (i.e., Kalos's icy > marsh > snowy western regions)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.