[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no pokemon sage general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1493764262624.png (209KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
1493764262624.png
209KB, 359x255px
Why is there no pokemon sage general
>>
>>33300153
there's not enough activity now for one
>>
>>33300153
Why would there be?
Sage basically gave /vp/ the middle finger, so that's why the threads for demo 2.0 died down fast.
>>
>>33300196
what happen?

i was there for early development in vp makes a game but I haven't been on vp recently
>>
>>33300214
Most of them has fucked off to Skype. Demo 2.0 came out a few weeks ago and shit got real for a bit, but it doesn't have le epic maymays like Clover so it died off again. The wiki seems to be showing faster progress, but I can't see the game coming out any earlier than Gen 10. Still more alive than PokeAUS though
>>
File: Snome_correction_two.png (736KB, 1470x1470px) Image search: [Google]
Snome_correction_two.png
736KB, 1470x1470px
MAKE SNOME PART FAIRY TYPE

Not only does it fit perfectly thematically, it would also make the first gym more of a challenge with the fire starter.
>>
>>33300441
Is fairy type even in the game?
>>
>>33300153
Traditionally (after the /vp/MaGG exodus) the board's had the occasional 'Sage Sunday' thread - although the devs stopped turning up to those for a little while in the run-up to 2.0

>>33300306
>it doesn't have le epic maymays like Clover so it died off again
The devs stated that the only reason they kept making new threads for 2.0 was because the previous ones were hitting bump limit. They said that as soon as one went past page 10 naturally they'd stop, & - although it took several threads over several days - they did

So hopefully after they've done some digesting of all those feedback surveys we'll start seeing more activity again
>>
>>33300441
>>33300467
Nope. They're sticking with Gen V mechanics (roughly), so no Fairies or Mega Evos.
>>
>>33300467
It's not

>>33300441
>it would also make the first gym more of a challenge with the fire starter
>fairy vs fire: NVE
>fire vs fairy: neutral
What? Unless it gets double kick or something, in which case you're still not doing much. It would gimp Fawning too which is pretty unnecessary really
>>
>>33300467
No because the autists in charge don't want to go against the polls that were made before we even knew Fairy type would be a thing in the official game.
It sucks really. Makes the game feel way outdated before it's even close to being finished.
>>
>>33300515
Not defending it, but if you're on about feeling outdated surely being 2D & having static sprites does that for them in any case?
>>
>>33300531
Not really. This is a turn based rpg after all.
The mechanics not being up to date will cause a much bigger disconnection to the players. I don't really mind Megas not being in since they're more of an extra feature than a fundamental part of the gameplay, and tends to make the games too easy if you use it anyway.
Using old type charts is a very different thing.
>>
>>33300531
Graphics I can forgive since it would mean remaking everything from scratch. They have to draw the line somewhere.

But adding a type is such an easy change to implement. It would literally take less than 10 minutes. It makes no sense not to include it just for the sake of remaining outdated.
>>
>>33300441
why is thing so hard to kill
>gets a made up ass terrian
>NVE moves 2 shot my mon 4 levels higher
>>
>>33300306
>Still more alive than PokeAUS though
Shame, I liked those designs better than most of Sage's.
>>
>>33300575
>>33300577
Fair enough. I've only played up to BW2 so didn't imagine the type chart would feel like that big of a deal.

There does seem to be a bit of a problem with mons for it though. The only other candidate I can see for it in the entire first half of the dex is Macabra, & that's a slight stretch. Okay-ish selection in the second half, although a lot are still questionable & every line after Viipii would need a type to be retconned:
>Silkinder/Paramoth
>Nurshary
>Viipii
>Cairup/Kairoglyph
>Oarwish
>Royjibiv
>Wendingo/Carnibal
>Patama/Machima/Yacuma
>Xochi/Xotec

Five of these would be losing psychic type so it would have to be questioned whether there are enough as it is. I don't really care about all this either way - just playing devil's advocate here
>>
>>33300441
FUCKING FAIRYFAGS
WE'RE NOT ADDING YOUR SISSY TYPE
IT'S BROKEN AND MESSES UP OUR DELICATELY BALANCED GAME
DO YOU WANT THE GAME OUT OR NOT
>>
benis
>>
>>33300153
pokemon clover is up
>>
>>33300306
>>33300489
They said they weren't doing any more demos/updates between 2.0 and the final version IIRC. Something about wanting to avoid drawing attention from GF/Nintendo.
>>
>>33301987
Well, looking at what happened to Prism, I don't blame them.
>>
>>33302000
I do.
>>
>>33301983
Is Pokemon Clover even worth it? The designs look too meme-y so I've been avoiding it completely. Sage looked amazing when I first saw it when XY had just come out but it's been so long already...
>>
>>33304895
If you don't want memes and constant 4chan humor then you're better off not playing Clover.
>>
>>33301987
>>33302000
And yet in the 2.0 threads they were also saying that they weren't concerned about getting c&d'd because 1) they weren't asking for money (apparently even Prism had an optional 'donate' button or summat that could be construed as potentially for-profit) & 2) there's no central figure or address to send the c&d to. Unless they just drop it in the discord or summat which wouldn't seem right

I mean they've got fucking 13yo YouTubers streaming their game & acting as if it's both complete & official; someone at GF must surely have cottoned on to it by now
>>
>>33305036
Also salty Cloverfags were constantly talking up reporting them to Nintendo, although whether any of them actually followed through with it is another matter
>>
>>33300153
>Why is there no pokemon sage general
They made it invisible
>>
>>33300153
Dubschan /removemask/
>>
>>33305036
>Summat
>Cottoned
a-are these slang terms? I've never heard people use these before
>>
>>33307167
Looks like an automatic spelling corrector gone wrong.
>>
>>33308054
Fuck that makes more sense im a goddamned idiot
>>
>>33307167
I know "summat" is British slang for the word something, so I'd assume "cottoned on to it" is also slang.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.