[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everything about ORAS worse than the games they were based on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 1492979198279.jpg (24KB, 728x525px) Image search: [Google]
1492979198279.jpg
24KB, 728x525px
Why is everything about ORAS worse than the games they were based on?
>>
Zinnia was unneeded outside her theme.
>>
File: May and Brendan mega.jpg (118KB, 939x523px) Image search: [Google]
May and Brendan mega.jpg
118KB, 939x523px
Everything is an overexaggeration, though the warps (one being forced on you), extra dialogue and heals, and postgame battling (Emerald's specifically) are worse. Secret Bases, Buzznav and PSS are all far better than RSE's Bases, Mixing Records and old battle/trade communications.
The protagonist redesigns also fit far better with their roles as professor's son and explorer and new girl in town
>>
Because you are too blinded by nostalgia to realize that everything except New Mauville and the Trick House are better than they were in RS.
>>
>>33293908
>The protagonist redesigns also fit far better with their roles as professor's son and explorer and new girl in town
The redesigns fit fat better with their roles as garbage
>>
>>33293929
>in RS.
Why don't you talk about RSE?
>>
>>33293908
epic black surprise text my dude

gotta hide that shit taste in black text so no one can see it right?
>>
>>33293908
>Secret Bases, Buzznav and PSS are all far better than RSE's Bases, Mixing Records and old battle/trade communications.
>implying any of the multiplayer features mean anything now that they're from a previous gen
>implying secret bases weren't best left out of the way instead of having to sit through a 5 minute long cutscene with A-A-Rune gushing about nothing

I just played through Omega Ruby; are Sun and Moon less awful in terms of forced handholding?
>>
File: Battle_Frontier_Map[1].png (435KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Frontier_Map[1].png
435KB, 600x325px
>remove the one reason to even bother doing remakes in the first place

Yeah because I totally wanted to play forced water HMs: the region again but with even more casualization. Thanks Game Freak.
>>
>>33293947
That's its own predicament. The things Emerald had that are not already part of RS are simply not there in ORAS. You can say the game is worse off for that, and it most definitely is, but it isn't worse than "what it's based on" when they plain disregarded it.

>>33293979
Online in ORAS is still active, and sorry, but SM is far worse.
>>
>>33293908
>The protagonist redesigns also fit far better with their roles as professor's son and explorer and new girl in town
You mean the redesigns that turn everyone into bobbleheads?
>>
>>33293979
Specifically, Secret Base decorating and bonuses are an improvement in every way compared to the originals. There's more base locations than before, and you're now able to get base buddies who can perform useful tasks for you like getting evolution stones, normally hard to get items. And by connecting online, you can easily get bases from other people, whereas in the past you had to mix records. Secret Bases in RSE only allowed you to battle your friend after defeating the E4, there wasn't any flag collecting or other bonuses outside of having your friend's base design in your game.
As for multiplayer, Gen VI's online is still pretty active, even with VII out, just like how BW and BW2 still had many people until the inevitable Wi-Fi shutdown.
As for Sun and Moon, if you thought ORAS's handholding was unbearable, you'll hate that game. The multiplayer features are actually worse in SM, too. You have to enter Join Avenue to access multiplayer stuff, and your friends aren't kept in a separate tab like in XYORAS, and you might not be able to encounter them at all. You won't see any requests from other people while you're looking at the player list, it only happens in the menu screen.
>>
>>33294010
Water routes are fun though. You're totally free to explore them and there is a ton of cool stuff to find. and really all you need is a Sharpedo to be an HM slave and you're good to go.
>>
>>33294010

stop saying they "removed" it, like a BF doesn't take development time ffs.
why did anyone expect them to add it?
they added a BF 2 times so far, and both times it was in a third version, where the development of the game started with a finished game.
>>
>>33293871
that's objectively wrong and no amount of "m-muh emerald features" will make it otherwise. Many things could be done better, things from Emerald could be included and all like HGSS included Crystal, but at the end of the day,ORAS are an improvement of RS, which are the actual games ORAS are based on
>>
>ORAS did tons of things better than the originals
>REE THEY DON'T COUNT BECAUSE MUH FRONTIER
>>
>>33296537
the majority of this board summed up
>>
>>33293871
>Why is everything about ORAS worse than the games they were based on?
That's wrong though, they improved upon Ruby & Sapphire in almost every way.
The problem with them is that they improved on Ruby & Sapphire in the first place and not on Emerald.
>>
>>33293871
Because it's not. You people hate the ORAS meme more than you hate ORAS and confuse one for the other. Yeah it sucks that they didn't use the Emerald level-curve and that the Frontier is gone, but the DexNav, BuzzNav, Mirage Spots, Contests, Secret Bases, Blissey Bases, Move Tutors, the best breeding area in the franchise, graphics, music, character designs, new characters, actually taking the story serious, utilizing the Orbs, THE DELTA EPISODE, and so on was all perfect and made the games a thousand times better than XY and the original RS.

Don't even try to shitpost your way out of this, if ORAS had had the missing Emerald content (the Frontier, new/updated areas, Gym rematches, Juan and the upped difficulty-curve), they would be considered the best games in the franchise by far.
>>
>>33296550
You were so close, but yet so far.
Everything you've said is true, but by mentioning the following, you've triggered most of the board's autism:
>Contests
>THE DELTA EPISODE
>>
>>33296564
>wah wah Contests aren't as good as my nostalgia told me it was and is slightly different from RSE
>wah wah the Delta Episode wasn't long enough I want MOAR
Yeah, this board can be pretty pathetic sometimes.
>>
>>33293979
>I just played through Omega Ruby; are Sun and Moon less awful in terms of forced handholding?
Oh, my dear innocent sweet summer child.
>>
>>33293871
I wish old-style berry blending was in ORAS. That shit was so much fucking fun and I hate that I can't grow berries in my Gen III carts anymore.
>>
>>33296550
>graphics, music, character designs, new characters, actually taking the story serious, utilizing the Orbs, THE DELTA EPISODE,
all of these are bad aspects of ORAS
>>
>>33293953
>calls the text black
>it's actually white
>>
>>33293979
SM are the single worst games in the series in terms of handholding.
>>
>>33296550
>they would be considered the best games in the franchise by far.
They'd still shit on it for not having the berry blender or following Pokemon.
>>
>>33293871
Becuase OP is a faggot and despite its flaws /vp/ is determined to circlejerk the idea to make the games far worse than they actually are due to lack of originality on most anon's part.
>>
>>33297690
Only Delta Episode. Still the worst chunk of story in the series, which is a shame, since the story prior to that is the best executed major story in the series.
>>
>>33296537
>>ORAS did tons of things better than the originals

Not really. All the things it "does better" are just things that are chalked up to it coming out in 2016 and not 2003. Emerald is still better.
>>
>>33293908
Let's not forget updated mechanics like special/physical split. And while mirage islands are an inferior postgame to emerald, they're still content that RSE didn't have.
>>
>>33298671
>2016
I meant 2014.

>>33298705
>Let's not forget updated mechanics like special/physical split.

I can play any other gen 6 or gen 7 game if I want updated mechanics. It's not a point in ORAS' favor.
>>
>>33298711
OP's claim is that ORAS is worse than its predecessors in every way. That is objectively wrong, in terms of mechanics if nothing else.
>>
>>33298718
The mechanics being "better" is subjective and is largely irrelevant to in-game gameplay.
>>
I just want to bring up that the one remixed track everyone praises is actually the worst because THEY REMOVED THE FUCKING CLAPPING
>>
>>33298728
By that logic everything is "subjective," including all your shitflinging. I invite you to try and argue how the old special/physical system was better. Go ahead, I could use a laugh.
>>
File: oras aqua.png (1MB, 751x1060px) Image search: [Google]
oras aqua.png
1MB, 751x1060px
>>33293871
but that's wrong
>>
>>33293871
I think oras is a mediocre game and a bad remake, but saying that it did everything worse than RS is stretching it too much.
>>
>>33298772
>I invite you to try and argue how the old special/physical system was better

I like using elemental punches on my Alakazam.
>>
the only thing that hurts me is the permanently closed Game Corner. more than the teased Battle Frontier. i never cared for that particular place, only the idea that a favorite place is just gone forever. it just hurts. at least a battle frontier will come back in some other form
>>
>>33298807
That doesn't make it a better system, it just means Zam lacks special coverage to replace the punches.
>>
>>33298833
>That doesn't make it a better system,
Sure it does.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.