[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulbapedia Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: Bulbashit.png (91KB, 1192x590px) Image search: [Google]
Bulbashit.png
91KB, 1192x590px
Post blatantly false information
>Aether isn't an evil team
>>
>>33293465
It isn't?
It's just Lusamine and the crew that were in on it.
>>
>>33293465
Jesus, they're taking the names too literally. They must be legitimately autistic, I swear.
>>
But it's true though. Team Skull was the evil team. Aether Foundation as a whole wasn't evil, Lusamine was just abusing her power.
>>
>>33293465
>Aether isn't an evil team
From a certain point of view.
>>
>>33293465

Bulbapedia refuses to post that Ash's Charizard is male because "it could be lesbian".
>>
File: pomf.jpg (30KB, 480x475px) Image search: [Google]
pomf.jpg
30KB, 480x475px
>>33293465
what else did you expect?
>>
>>33293465
Aether isn't evil tho.
>>
>>33293504
>this just in, Team Plasma is not an evil team because half of them became good!
>Team Aqua is not an evil team because Archie learned the errors of his ways.
>Same with Magma
>>
>>33293465
Aether foundation on itself isn't evil. The employees genuinely seem to care for the pokemon and do their jobs of preserving local wildlife. Is just the division under Faba's direction (and ultimately Lusamine's) that does the evil stuff, most likely because they're ordered to and not because they're evil, but this is just my interpretation.

On the other hand, I have no idea how to conceptualize the whole type: null experiments and the stance of the aether scientists, as in, if they have evil motives or they were just following orders too.
>>
>>33293504
Can we really call Team Skull evil? Guzma gave all of those outcasts a place to be, even if they were just punks and losers. They were an annoyance, sure, but they weren't outright evil like Team Rocket or secretly genocidal madmen like Team Flare. They're antagonists, but definitely not evil.
>>
>>33293493
Yeah. The bulk of the Aether Foundation are just people who have a job at a pokemon reservation/lab. Hell, it only started going bad after Mohn dissapeared and Lusamine went coocoo in the cabassa.
>>
>>33293493
>>33293504
>>33293543
Even if that's the case, you can't deny that those evil members serve as greater villains in the story above Team Skull, and that they're pretty much as just treated as Aether Foundation members when you fight them, with the fact that many member aren't aware of Lusamine and Faba's actions only being emphasized after the fact.
>>
File: IMG_3419.jpg (32KB, 787x132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3419.jpg
32KB, 787x132px
>>33293499
They're autistic about legendaries and death as well. Took them forever to list the tapu as legends.
>>
>>33293465
Antagonists
>>
>>33293614
Why would it take them ages to list legendary pokemon as legendary?
>>
>>33293637
It was never specifically stated they were legendary until recently, despite you know, their dex entries and the games' internal data. Fucking morons.
>>
>>33293637
Because better to be sure than spread misinformation. If they did say theu were legends and then it came out they aren't you autists would bitch about it the same way you still bitch about the mistakes Serebii made 15 years ago like claiming fake evos.
>>
File: DuckoDogers.png (482KB, 589x548px) Image search: [Google]
DuckoDogers.png
482KB, 589x548px
>>33293604
When you put it like that it's hard to deny. You're pretty cool dawg.
>>
You guys seriously have no lives if you are fighting over the semantics of the term evil.
>>
>>33293596
Nigga they took an entire town. They conquered it and drove the people out. That is pretty evil. Although Guzma probably did so alone seeing how must of the team is incompetent, that or they had help from Aether.
>>
>>33293794
>Nigga they took an entire town.
I thought the town was abandoned and they just settled there.
>>
>>33293696
Bulbapedo is full of misinformation, though.
>>
>>33293493
>>33293504
>>33293543
Aether takes the role of an evil team, therefore it should be considered as one gameplay wise. That's all there is to it.
>>
File: featuredarticle.jpg (167KB, 814x374px) Image search: [Google]
featuredarticle.jpg
167KB, 814x374px
>>33293696
>>33293824
>>
File: Lol bulbapedia.png (146KB, 2296x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lol bulbapedia.png
146KB, 2296x1024px
>Bulbapedia makes up a word
Literal misinformation.
I'm pretty sure this error was just shoddily copied from a forum thread, too.
>>
Finally I have somewhere to post this. On Ash's Goodra page it says it's his first pseudo legendary but Gible was his first! I don't think he caught that Larvitar in Johto.
>>
>2017
>thinking something can be objectively evil
>>
>>33294588
Who cares about the Anime?
:^)
>>
>>33294588
but gible isn't a pseudo legendary. Garchomp is.
>>
>>33294588
But, Gible isn't a pseudo...It doesn't have the BST. It could have been his first pseudo if he let it evolve into Garchomp.
>>
>>33293982
>nonsensical translation
Literally maboroshi no pokemon. Translating ghost to illusory is a better choice than translating it to mythical.
>>
>>33294672
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>33294699
referencing the red text in the image posted by >>33293982

>"Mythical Pokemon" is an impressively good translation of 幻のポケモン, while "illusory pokemon" is a nonsensical dictionary translation that doesn't even fucking make sense.

幻 is pronounced maboroshi, it means ghost, spirit, or phantom. 幻のポケモン means ghost or phantom pokemon (not ghost type, the ghost type is just the english word ghost but spelled in japanese).

Translating 幻のポケモン to illusory pokemon would make more sense than translating it to mythical pokemon, considering ghosts and phantoms are often associated with illusions, and are hard to track down / rarely seen. This is in line with pokemon in the 幻のポケモン class being hard to track / rarely seen, to the point that people question their existence. If you saw a 幻のポケモン (illusory pokmeon) you might think it was an illusion.

Translating it to mythical pokemon wouldn't really be off base in the context, but to claim it is an impressively good translation while dismissing the translation that actually makes sense as "nonsensical" is stupid, is is what I'm on about.
>>
>>33294794
...you need to work a bit more on your nip.
>>
>>33294854
I won't say that isn't true, but I'm not wrong ;^)
>>
>>33294870
幻 sure as fuck doesn't mean ghost. Where the literal fuck are you getting that from?
>>
File: show.png (145KB, 394x182px) Image search: [Google]
show.png
145KB, 394x182px
>>33294870
You're wrong. "Mythical" is a perfectly fine translation of 幻の used in this context.

Would you translate 幻の大物 as "Ghost Fish" or something?
>>
>>33294933
no, and i didn't say mythical wasn't fine, i just said illusory works just as fine.
>>
Didn't Maboroshi no Pokémon wasn't translated as Mirage Pokémon before?
>>
>>33294959
The point is that they're stuff of myth. Things that are rumored to exist. Illusory doesn't really mean that. Mythical (or legendary, but that was already taken) really is the perfect translation here.
>>
>>33294974
Maboroshi on its own usually means mirage, and it's how it's translated in terms like Mirage island, Mirage spots, etc.

There's a reason they didn't use it for the Pokemon classification.
>>
>>33294974
Mirage Pokemon were those artifical hologram-ish Pokemon from one of the anime specials. They were called Mirage Pokemon in nip too (ie literally the English word mirage).
>>
>>33293465
Why do all their Pokémon articles have so much useless information.Like why do they have all the pointless anime crap such as what episodes a Pokémon was in
>>
>>33294404
Okay, but does no one fact check these entries? I know that at the end of the day, it's a fan-written encyclopedia, but that's still alarming given its prominence in the community. This is how misinformation spreads.

My beef with the name origins section is that a lot of the time, they just throw together a bunch of words that MAY be tangentially related to the actual name, even in cases where you can sort of tell at a glance that it's a reach at best. That "lutetium" thing in Lugia's entry already seems like a stretch.

I used to like how detailed Bulbapedia was, but with blunders like this, it loses a lot of that appeal.
>>
>>33295526
There's errors like that all over. A lot of Japanese is mistranslated and a lot of the shit in the name origins sections are just shitty guesswork.
>>
>>33295526
Bulbapedia spreading misinformation has been an issue for a long time.
>>
>>33293594
>Aether foundation on itself isn't evil. The employees genuinely seem to care for the pokemon and do their jobs of preserving local wildlife. Is just the division under Faba's direction (and ultimately Lusamine's) that does the evil stuff, most likely because they're ordered to and not because they're evil, but this is just my interpretation.
Isn't that almost exactly how Team Plasma was structured? They were mostly good people, with a handful of selfish assholes in the highest ranks.
>>
>>33295720

Team Plasma brainwashed all their members and they used force if neccessary.

They were evik at the core from the beginning. Aether was a geniune research lab and rescue center before Monh disappeared.
>>
>>33296060
Yeah, that's pretty much the main distinction, I would say.

Team Plasma was founded with the intention of taking over Unova, even if most members didn't know it. From the get-go, Ghetsis' motives were power and domination; Team Plasma's Pokémon rights manifesto was always a ruse.

The Aether Foundation, by all accounts, was legit. Lusamine didn't start out "evil," she just broke down and became obsessed after Mohn went missing. Plus, you know, there's the implications that Nihilego's neurotoxin does not exactly have a pleasant effect on humans. I'll admit I'm not clear on the timeline regarding Type: Null's creation, so depending on whether or not that part of their research started after Mohn's time, there is a discussion to be had on the ethics of it all. But even if they were misguided in that sense at any point, their goals were genuine.
>>
>>33293504
This, Aether employees as a whole had no idea about Lusamine's obsessions or about the illegal experimentation that was going on down in the labs.
Only a portion of the crew that conducted said experiments was in on it and then you have people like Wicke who knew it but went along with it for the sake of the family/children whatnot
>tldr yes Aether were the antagonists but by themselves they're not evil and were a foundation truly established as tree huggers
>>
>>33296222
Yes, same as Plasma.
Literally the only difference is that Ghetsis was evil from the founding, while Lusamine only turned evil later. Which is a very odd place to draw the line between evil team or not.
>>
>>33293465
>The Ultra Beasts, Type:Null and Silvally aren't Legendary Pokémon
Despite the games outright stating so in multiple ways, including the Pokémon being coded with the tag "SubLegendary" which is also used for Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, the Regis, and so on.
>>
Sun & Moon is based on alchemy
There's gonna be a big series reboot
Team Skull made Type:Null
Sinnoh confirmed
Game Freak took down Prism because the next game will be called Prism
My theory is still 100% confirmed even though most of it turned out to be bullshit
>>
>>33296466
Well technically Plasma grunts/sages/admins whatever were evil from the core too. Even their dialogue mostly reflected that. Aether people were genuine tree huggers that thought somebody was invading them save for the actual experiment crew
>>
>>33296470
>lockstin and bulbapedia

ohno
>>
>>33296486
But that is flat out wrong. The grunts were just assholes, which is true for the aether grunts you fight as well. Just look at their dialogue too.
To top that off just look at the opening and tell me these are loving treehuggers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0HmQ8UpzH0
As for higher ups characters like Faba was definitely in on some deep shit and was most definitely evil. While many of the sages had no other intentions than to live under N in a world were pokémon and people were separated. , as well as Anthea and Concordia.
>>
>>33296468
See >>33293614 and >>33293670. Bulbapedo knew about the sublegend tag in the internal data and how they all had specific dex backgrounds, but STILL didn't see this as sufficient evidence. Earlier, they used how the tapu weren't listed in the game's site's new Pokemon section as legendaries like Solgaleo and Lunala, and IIRC Cosmog wasn't either so it's broken logic at best.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.