[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokétuber advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Rain of the River.jpg (242KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
Rain of the River.jpg
242KB, 570x570px
Finally starting up a YouTube channel focusing on Pokémon content! Any advice or suggestions, /vp/? Thank you!
>>
YouTube poop pokemon movies
>>
File: MGS1SnakePP.png (292KB, 570x465px) Image search: [Google]
MGS1SnakePP.png
292KB, 570x465px
>>33292758
>going to /vp/ for poketuber advice
That's like going into a lion's den to get advice on how not to get eaten.
>>
>>33292758
make lewd jirachi vids
>>
>>33292781
I like to live dangerously, let's do this

>>33292794
oh yes sir
>>
be the biggest contrarian you can it worked for Verlis
>>
>>33292758
I prefer when a channel focuses on quality over quantity, and being open to viewer suggestions attracts more people and new ideas
>>
>>33292817
OH MY GOD THIS!!
Be the biggest dipshit pokefag ever. Shit like this sells
>>
>>33292838
I definitely plan to take viewer suggestions, it'd be really nice to feel a connection with my viewers, for sure!
>>
>>33292758
Do something rarer than nuzlockes or playthroughs alongside them to put you on the map. For example, TheKingNappy did Wonder Trade Wednesdays during X and Y to stand out and DuncanKneeDeep carved out a niche doing Free For Alls, False Swipe Gaming gives info on past metagames and analyses of individual pokemon. Carve out a niche to fall back on in case variety becomes a problem otherwise. Try and stay away from top 10s unless requested significantly by viewers.

Possibly enter a draft league to get some viewers from other people's channels if you manage to get someone bigger's attention, the participation could pay off, especially if you do well in the tournament. In light of that, work in some collab stuff like a co-op, races, or Soul Link(another unique thing that put Nappy on the map) with another poketuber to bolster your viewer count.

You could so something like take viewer suggested sets onto Battle Spot or Showdown and see how they do. Or maybe cover moves one by one and build teams around their application. There's not really a good move/ability-based poketuber, so that may draw some folks in. You could list the best users of a move/ability and just describe its applications and maybe some combinations (e.g. Swagger+Foul Play; Toxic + Venoshock) You'll also need to play the newest games to get the ball rolling, as much of a shameful cop out as it sounds like.

I'm not a poketuber, so I can't say for sure how much it will work, but based on the ones I've watched, the most important thing is to carve your own niche, rather than imitate what's popular. Covering moves/abilities individually and their best users seems like the most standout thing you could do. Also, it'll probably take time to grow, so be patient.
>>
File: lets get dangerous.jpg (246KB, 550x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lets get dangerous.jpg
246KB, 550x1000px
>>33292811
>>
File: 1442811314587.jpg (42KB, 329x336px) Image search: [Google]
1442811314587.jpg
42KB, 329x336px
>>33292758
nothing but "Top 10 hottest Pokemon" videos
>>
>>33292773
That's a great idea, actually. I might have to take that, they're so fucking tacky and trying to take themselves seriously it'd work great.
>>
>>33295046
Thank you so much for such good advice! I really appreciate it, I'll definitely take it on board

I hadn't really considered covering technical battling stuff, as I'm more into the merchandise, collecting, anime/movie and casual play side of things. I play all the games, but getting more into competitive battling could be really fun and beneficial for my channel, for sure.

My plan so far has been to start with TCG videos, including pack openings, as I help run a Pokémon league in my hometown and have access to lots of stuff. I wanna move onto merchandise reviews/openings, collection videos, casual/fun gameplay and a bunch of other miscellaneous videos that'll be fun to watch.

I guess one of the main things that will make me stand out is who I am, as I intend to spend more time in front of the camera than behind it - but I really want to make sure my content is good!
>>
>>33297713
No prob. I should have mentioned to work with what you know best and enjoy best. Nobody wants to watch something where you're not enjoying yourself. Demeanors are contagious, after all.

Your positivity alone's reward enough. Keep up an attitude like that and I'm sure viewers will enjoy themselves.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.