[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiny Fails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: shone metang.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shone metang.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvzKF8XUG4

Have any of you ever failed catching shinies? If so, how did it feel? Before they were as easy as they are to get now would make for some nice stories. It must feel bad knowing you've wasted such a stroke of good luck, but sometimes it's really not your fault.
>>
>>33288509
my first shiny was in fire red, a mankey in rock tunnel, i was trying to find an onix. i accidentally turned off the game without saving after catching it.
>>
I caught a shiny Wooper in XD as a kid and have since restarted the game over, if that counts as a failure. I just thought female Wooper were pink and male were blue.

Aside from that, I forgot to save my game after hatching a shiny Scraggy in Alpha Sapphire.
>>
>>33288509
Riley or whatever on iron island killed a shiny golbat
>>
>>33288634
>XD
Fuck off.
>>
>>33288509
Be me, find shiny Rhyhorn on the safari zone >Throw rock
>Wild rhyhorn fled
>>33288634
There are no shinies on XD
also
>XD
Fuck off
>>
>>33288652
>>33288681
great meme guys, totally not overused and unfunny
>>
>>33288681
>>33288652

>>>>>>>>>>>33287631
>>
The first shiny I encountered was a zubat in Ruby, and I didn't know what a shiny was at the time, so I got scared thinking my game was glitching, so I turned it off and didn't turn it back on for days.
>>
My brother caught a Shiny Wurmple later Dustox) in Ruby. First pokemon he even caught in that game Didn't know it was shiny, thought it was a new feature of the game since it was first game we got on GBA and it had new effects and animations. He thought ALL Dustoxes made little stars like that. Later he restarted his game because he didn't like Treeko much and wanted to try Torchic. Didn't realize he had a shiny until the next day. He could've traded it to me and I would've saved it for him.

As for me, I saw a shiny Graveler once and it used Self-Destruct on the first turn when my Ultra-Ball failed.
>>
>>33288509
Other than Lake of rage, I've had two shiny enounters, and two shiny fails, first, chansey in the safari zone, you can tell how that went, second, abra, I used mean look to trap it, threw balls like theres no tomorrow, and it struggled itself to death.
>>
>>33288681
There are actually shinies on Gale of Darkness. Only at the PokeSpots, like with Wooper.
>>
>>33288681
>"Be me"
>tells others to fuck off

I know its a meme but you even fucked up on the arrows
>>
the only thing that happened to me which is sort of a fail is getting two wild shinies in a double battle and needing to choose which one to kill so I can catch the other
>>
>>33289087
And battle CDs.
>>
>>33289184
If a bunch of misused meme arrows trigger your autism, you should seek help
>>
>>33288509
3 times, actually. Though only 1 was my fault.

1st instance was in the Battle Pike in Emerald, there's a part where wild Pokemon appear like Dusclops and Milotic, but you're not allowed to catch them. Ended up running into a shiny Dusclops.

2nd was also Emerald. I was EV training on Route 114 (the fact that I trained for competitive battling in Gen 3 despite not having friends is its own tragedy). Ended up running into a Slugma, but somehow I had no Pokeball on me. I would have loved that thing too, I love how he looked in silver coloring. Such a shame.

3rd was in Soul Silver. Ran into a shiny Pidgey before being given Pokeballs. I think I ended up deciding to faint the beast out of vengeance.
>>
>>33289269
back to wherever you came from
>>
>>33288509
Luckily I never lost a shiny but I did have a few close calls:

A shiny Gyarados in FireRed was confused from Thrash and almost killed itself. I was lucky to catch it with an ultra ball. I wanted a shiny Groudon in Ruby with a nest ball but it was running out of moves. I knew that was likely to happen so I was prepared with a master ball.
>>
First was a Wailmer in Sapphire that I forgot to transfer to Diamond before starting a new game. Second was a Dratini in FireRed's Safari Zone, and you can probably figure out how that went
>>
>>33288509
>the dumbass stops at half HP
What a fucking idiot. Does that Smeargle not know False Swipe?
>>
>>33288509
I accidentally killed a shiny Sneasel back in Silver. I didn't know what shinies were back then, so I didn't get the significance of it at the time. That's why I didn't feel that loss too much.

The next time, I ran into an Abra and by then I knew how rare running into a shiny was.
Of course the fucker broke out of the only great ball I had and teleported away. It was very early in the game, so I didn't have much to work with.
>>
>>33288681
>no shinies in XD
Fuck off, do 5 seconds of research before spewing shit next time
https://youtu.be/0UgJH9h9ydk
>>
>favorite pokemon as a kid is gengar
>playing through fire red for the first time
>jesusfuckingshinygastly
>tell absolutely everyone after i catch it
>trade it to my copy of emerald and use the clone dupe
>hundreds of shiny gengar
>love the 3d model of it in gale of darkness and colosseum
>move houses
>cant find emerald anywhere
>later find out my mother sold it
>>
>>33289087
>>33289653
>pokespot
The ones that matter are never shiny
>>
Oh boy:

>aged 6, first game is a poorly translated Gold, don't really get what Pokemon is about
>Red Gyarados
>murder it because 4-HM Feraligatr is all I need in life

>1 year later
>fishing in Dragons Den
>golden Magikarp appears
>my strategy guide says you can't run from shiny battles
>try it out to see what wacky Engrish text the game says
>'Got away safely!'

>Ruby
>facing Groudon for the first time
>have 20 Great Balls because playground rumour that they're better then Ultra Balls
>several fights of me wiping or it dying later, a fucking golden one appears
>don't bother lowering HP or throwing status at it because I don't understand how catch formula works
>run out of balls & have to sit & watch the thing struggle itself to death
>tfw no one on the playground believed me when I told them because I used to be That Kid

But hey, at least I've had 3 shiny Zubat since then! Also managed to snag a green Druddigon in my White 2 which I fucking loved, but then lost when my laptop ran out of battery mid-save
>>
Found a shiny Dratini in the safari zone back in Leaf Green..... you know what happened
>>
>>33288509
Murdered my first shiny, a Zubat in Diamond. Soft reset and tried to find it again. I didn't understand rng back then
>>
I had a shiny Drifblim in PokePelago that to this day was the only pokemon to decide not to join my team.
It happened in November and I'm still mad about it.
>>
>>33290178
you can soft reset to make it stay with you
>>
>>33289697
>backpeddling
Just admit you were wrong
>>
>>33288509

Encountered a shiny Magmar in Friend Safari and realized I had no space in my party or PC to catch it.

Encountered a shiny Wooper in Diamond's Great Marsh and it ran away

Encountered two shiny Geodude in a single horde in X's Victory Road that died to Magnitudes
>>
>>33288509
Shiny Lunatone in HG Safari Zone
>>
File: yesterday.jpg (197KB, 1538x1154px) Image search: [Google]
yesterday.jpg
197KB, 1538x1154px
>>
>>33288509
I know what I'm doing, so no. I came close once however, since I false swiped a Take Down shiny, it woke up, and used a different move. Still caught it.
>>
>>33288509
I ran from a shiny noibat at the Friend Safari a couple of months ago. I tried to reclaim it but to no avail to this day
>>
Shiny virizion
I think shiny latías
Shiny rayquaza
2 shiny rayquaza I caught it but it was docile so I consider that a fail too
>>
>>33288509
I can remembering failing to catch Shinies of Zubat, Zapdos, Shuckle, and Solrock.
There are probably a few more that I've forgotten, but these four I remember the most.
>>
>>33290309
Also encountered two shiny Yanma in a single horde and had to kill off one. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>33289430
The Super Fang method for Shiny hunting is used in case the Pokémon uses a recoil damage move/Struggles itself to death
>>
>>33288509
why do so many of these shiny hunter videos preload all of their videos with 2 minutes of absolutely nothing happening? like one encounter minimum should precede actually finding the shiny. no one cares about the 20 pokemon you saw before it that weren't shiny.
>>
>>33291003
>two shinies in a single horde.
I didn't even know that was really possible.
>>
>>33288509
Caught all 20 of them
>>
>>33288509
More people should watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXi1IGLkLjQ
>>
>>33288509
I always keep a Master Ball on hand just in case I run into a shiny. So far it's never been necessary.
>>
>>33290201
Pokespot pokemon are an irrelevant minority, you can finish the entire game without encountering a single one, except maybe for the bonsly quest, but you can't even catch the bonsly so, technically there are shinies, unimportant, irrelevant shinies with no special ribbons or exclusive Gale of Darkness moves, but yes, you are "correct" & I was "wrong" but you knew since the beginning what I meant, shadow pokemon, the ones that matter, the ones with the national ribbon, the ones with the special moves that can only be found by purifying them can never be shiny.
>>33291182
He should have skill swapped soundproof to lapras with mr mime, every pokemon is special, you need to prepare for it before hunting, some kill themselves with perish song, pokemon like abra teleport away, some others only have recoil damage moves like beldum, legendaries run out of moves fast and struggle themselves to death, especially when you want to capture them on special pokeballs like getting a Shiny Rayquaza with a Dusk ball
>>
>>33291606
He only had two Pokemon and admits to not having a lot of Pokeballs, so I'd say it's pretty likely he wasn't actually shiny hunting, he just met it by chance.
>>
>tfw shiny bidoof before you could get pokéballs in platinum
It would've been the sickest HM slave though
>>
>>33290365
I'm sorry for your loss
>>
>>33291606
>still attempting to backpedal
Not even that guy, but it's time for you to slink out of the thread in shame.
>>
First shiny was a safari zone eggsecute that ran away in for red.
>>
My brother found a shiny golbat and we didnt think much of it. We were trying to get him a bagon so we ran from it
>>
>>33289269
Typical newfag response to getting called out for not knowing how to meme arrow properly.
>>
shiny fail #1: shiny beldum in S/M
>like 100 chains in (no shiny charm at that time)
>using false swipe alolan marowak and false swipe aegislash
>takes like an hour, but it finally appears
>i am moist
>false swipe it
>its ball time
>know i have about 20 throws before take down runs out of PP and it sudokus
>no i didn't think about heal pulse at the time, shut up
>10 balls later, breaks every single one, won't even wiggle
>wtf
>it eventually killed itself and i stopped playing for like 3 days
>decide to MM a beldum
>hatches after 1,200 eggs

shiny fail #2:
>vast poni canyon, getting the newly acquired metagross to 100
>shiny skarmory appears
>use bullet punch to weaken it
>gets it to that sweet spot
>in a moment of nonthinking, i use bullet punch again
>the wild skarmory fainted
satan giveth and satan taketh away
>>
>>33289312
>>33291851
seek help
>>
File: IMG_5306.jpg (995KB, 1827x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5306.jpg
995KB, 1827x2048px
>>33291872
ive had more successws than failures. hatched this dude this morning.
>lol nice IVs nerd
yea i was mad but oh well
>>
>>33291893
>>>reddit
>>
File: shiny serperior.jpg (700KB, 1325x2445px) Image search: [Google]
shiny serperior.jpg
700KB, 1325x2445px
>>33291936
at least yours is female
>>
File: potato rat.png (116KB, 374x226px) Image search: [Google]
potato rat.png
116KB, 374x226px
>>33292301
>Ability: Overgrow
for what purpose?
>>
>>33292353
I was pissed off about that too
it ended up with HP dark when I was going for HP fire too
>>
>>33291872
>it eventually killed itself and i stopped playing for like 3 days
>decide to MM a beldum
>hatches after 1,200 eggs

Jesus fuck I'm so sorry. Well, on the plus side, you got it finally (even though it went double over-odds to hatch).
>>
File: 000cdw1d.png (42KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
000cdw1d.png
42KB, 260x240px
>>33288509
Yesterday I restarted Alpha Sapphire and a shiny Zigzagoon appeared on route 101 before I got any PokéBalls.
>>
The only shiny I've ever failed was a random shiny Fearow while grinding in SM. I accidentally used Poison Jab instead of the of False Swipe. But hey, I got a shiny Spearow the same day and evolved it.
>>
>>33288509
thats what he gets for having balltism.
>>
>>33294363
If you didn't already have one i'd give you the one i caught in SM. Hate this stupid bird.
>>
>>33288509
I've landed a critical hit on a shiny carvanha. Kinda disappointed but I don't actually care about shinies.
>>
>>33288889
Exact same thing for me, except it was a tentacool in crystal
>>
>>33288509
>Have any of you ever failed catching shinies?
Let me count the ways.
>shiny Golbat in Crystal
>box was full, couldn't catch it
>shiny Hoothoot in Crystal
>on the way back from Mr. Pokemon's house, immediately after I told someone how much it would suck to run into a shiny right then
>shiny Pidgey in Fire Red
>forgot to buy Pokeballs, couldn't catch it
>shiny Nidoran in Fire Red Safari Zone
>you already know how this story ends
>shiny Lickitung in Platinum
>in the fucking Battle Castle
>shiny Golduck in Platinum
>actually caught it, but lost the cartridge on the bus later on
I've done a lot of playthroughs and seen a lot of shinies, so it doesn't bother me as much now.
>>33292301
Shit I hatched a shiny Snivy by accident while I was trying to breed for a Contrary Serperior with better IVs than the one I had. Fucker popped out with Overgrow, too.
>>
>>33288509
I once was using Pokeradar on my Diamond version and I encountered a shiny Mareep. It used roar on me...
>>
heh I have actually hatched more Shinies than I have encounterd wild.
>>
>>33294767
Oh, and I had a shiny articuno from a random encounter in my Platinum version. I transferred it up to my White 2, which got stolen from me and probably sold...
>>
> tfw no shiny yet
heal me
>>
>>33291170
Yup. Double shiny hordes are possible as well as two shinies together in an SOS.
>>
I had been trying to get a shiny Charmander for the longest time. Hatched over a thousand eggs in Pokemon Diamond. No luck. Decided to start a ROM of Fire Red on my computer and got a fucking shiny Charmander on my first try. I stopped trying to get a shiny after that.
>>
File: 1483983539736.gif (330KB, 613x404px) Image search: [Google]
1483983539736.gif
330KB, 613x404px
>>33291222
>I always keep a Master Ball on hand just in case I run into a shiny.

Stop right there, Premier balls are all you need for shiny hunting my good anon, dont use a ball as crass as a master ball.
>>
>>33288509
holy shit that's almost the same first shiny I failed to catch

>playing platinum as a kid everyday
>go to other rival's little sister to see what pokemon is out there today
>it's beldum
>find a shiny at 3rd encounter
>heart stops and get hyped
>my stupid pokemon does a critical, killing it
>>
Killed a shiny minun because I thought it was a plusle
>>
>>33288509
Random shiny Mudbray. Was pretty much asleep when it happened and accidentally ran away from it.
>>
File: 1471818379476.jpg (913KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1471818379476.jpg
913KB, 1224x1584px
>>33288509
>Be me
>Pokemon Y
>EV training the perfect pokemon
>Random encounter
>Five Gulpins, one of them is a shiny
>Suddenly a dillemma...if I kill the four of them to catch the fifth, I get a shiny, but my Pokemon will no longer have perfect EVs. I also don't want to reset their EVs and do it all over again.
>If I don't catch it, then I'm as bad as Werster.
>Fuck it. It took me weeks of breeding to get the perfect IVs, and EVs...shiny can kiss my ass.
>Run from the battle.
>Continue EV training.
>>
>>33300387
>Be me
>>
>>33300387
>throw ev'ing pokemon to faint
>capture shiny gulpin
anon...
>>
>>33291950
Yes anon, you could seek help at reddit
>>
>>33288509
All the fucking time.
Safari zone is basically the only place I ever ran into them in past gens.
Also, I killed a Shiny Lugia by mistake. I thought I hit False Swipe. I clearly did not.
>>
>>33300387
You... you do realize that you can lower specific EVs by 10 points a go using Berries, right?
You DID grow a fuckton of EV reducing berries for both that and easy happiness evolutions, right?
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.