[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ranking Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: objective.png (2MB, 1162x1339px) Image search: [Google]
objective.png
2MB, 1162x1339px
Didn't bother to include R/B, G/S, R/S or DP because there's honestly no reason to play them over Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum.

Post your inferior rankings.
>>
>>33283416
SM > XY
>>
File: template.jpg (535KB, 2058x1338px) Image search: [Google]
template.jpg
535KB, 2058x1338px
template and room added if people need more
>>
>>33283416
Move SM to bad and we agree.
>>
"XY great tier"
Yikes. Can't relate.
>>
>>33283416
>XY in great tier
>XY better than ORAS and SM
Nice try KalosFag
>>
God: Emerald, Platinum, B2W2
Great: BW, SM
Good: Crystal, OrAs
Medium: Yellow, FrLg, XY
Bad: None
Trash: None
>>
>>33283416

>BW trash tier

GREAT MEME XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>33283615
ORAS are poor remakes that added little to the solid foundation of XY, and SM are an absolute mess with a shitty forced story and terrible new Pokemon.
>>
>>33283679
they are tho. no hyperbole. they suck.
>>
God-Tier
>Platinum
>HGSS
>BW2

Amazing
>Emerald
>Crystal

Good
>FRLG
>BW
>XY

Decent
>ORAS

Bad
>Yellow
>SM

I agree with you on some points, OP.
>>
>>33283416
Switch FRLG and XY and I'm on board, OP
>>
Crystal never gets enough credit.
>>
>>33283416
>God
E, HG/SS, B2/W2

>Great
C, R/S, Pt, B/W

>Good
G/S, FR/LG

>Medium
R/G/B, X/Y

>Bad
Y (is because is related to the Ashnime, but the game is still good), OR/AS

>Trash
D/P, S/M, US/UM
>>
File: 1502661862835.png (2MB, 1162x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1502661862835.png
2MB, 1162x1338px
>>
File: 1502661862835.png (2MB, 1162x1339px) Image search: [Google]
1502661862835.png
2MB, 1162x1339px
>>33283416
A game with no online ranked as god tier LOL.
I think I fixed it,
>>
File: 1502661862835.png (1MB, 1594x1339px) Image search: [Google]
1502661862835.png
1MB, 1594x1339px
>>33283744
So much this.
>>
File: main games rated.png (26KB, 756x453px) Image search: [Google]
main games rated.png
26KB, 756x453px
>>33283416
>>
File: ipromiseitsnotbait.png (1MB, 1189x1338px) Image search: [Google]
ipromiseitsnotbait.png
1MB, 1189x1338px
>>33283416

Rationale:

-BW2 and HGSS are at the top for obvious quality and breadth of content reasons

-DP would be in the /trash/ but Platinum fixed a metric fuckload of its issues, and added just a sheer amount of more stuff that took away from Sinnoh being good in DP

-Emerald is just another very well realized Pokemon game. Nice breadth of stuff to do, an interesting region, and memorable mon designs

-I personally thought BW was pretty good, but I could see this being the most contentious ranking on the list. Mon design was as hit and miss as Gen I, but it really recaptured that feeling of exploring a brand new region by only having the new 150 available. Between a solid but not great region, great music, some quality of life improvements, and the first instance of a more engaging story in a mainline Pokemon game it was good

-The medium tier consists of solid Pokemon games that I wouldn't say are BAD, but I wouldn't play any of them over the games from Great tier upwards. Gen I has aged relatively poorly, and HGSS are almost strictly better than Crystal. Not bad games, but not ones I would jump at playing.

-My biggest issue with ORAS is that I would probably rather be playing Emerald. I enjoyed that it added a more engaging story (although it's a bit more cutscene heavy than I'd like), but it was disappointing that it wasn't a strict improvement over emerald, like HGSS was over Gen II.

-SM had good regional flavor, some good new designs, great music, and high tier lore and story. But all of these good things are made worse by the clearly unfinished components of the game, the same low difficulty that plagues XY, jokes of trials, boring route/dungeon design (if you could even call it that), and a clear regression from the only thing that made XY good (PSS). There was lots of promise for the region to be good, but as it stands the region falls pretty clearly into the "bad" tier.

-XY was unfinished, easy, bland, boring, pandering, and forgettable
>>
>>33283782
>XY and SM
>God Tier
My eyes!

I know that XY are regular games but not God Tier. SM are completely trash.
>>
>>33283792
This anon knows
>>
>>33283416
>BW2 being anything above bad tier
Fuck off unovabortion, the pwt was shit and pokestar studios is horrible compared to contests.
>>
>God Tier
HGSS, Platinum
>Great Tier
ORAS, Emerald
>Good Tier
XY, RBY
>Medium Tier
GSC, FRLG, RS
>Bad Tier
BW2, SM
>Trash Tier
BW, DP

I still can't believe how Platinum took a ridiculously shitty game and made it amazing. Here's to hoping USUM does the same.
>>
>get fucked
Crystal, BW2
>great
Emerald, ORAS
>great but I don't feel strongly about it
Platinum
>pretty good
FRLG, XY
>whatever
Yellow
>lame
BW1
>shit
SM
>killed my dog, peed in my gas tank, stole my mail, infested my home with carpenter ants, and called me a faggot
HGSS
>>
>>33284034
>bw2 being that high
>hgss objectively the best games that low
This is either bait or you're a retard.
>>33284024
Good taste.
>>
>>33284048
I figured the over the top names for those tiers that fail to actually rank them would designate my biases.
>>
>>33283792
So much this. I've never once since I was a kid had a time to where I was playing Pokémon and thought that the game was genuinely bad at all. Underwhelmed sure but not bad at all.
>>
>>33283989
> unovabortion
Wanna check that again bud?
>>
>>33284197
Okay
>still has bw2 above bad tier
Yeah unovabortion sounds about right.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.