[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Green Sprites Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

The fuck ever happen to trying to complete the Pokedex with Green sprites? We only ever got up to Gen 5, and nobody ever did the megas for 6, either. Why not try to finish it now?
>>
File: green sprites.png (369KB, 1736x1344px) Image search: [Google]
green sprites.png
369KB, 1736x1344px
Bump, this is what was done last time.
>>
>>33282270
bump
>>
>>33282270
Meditite is hilariously wrong
>>
>>33282270
A lot of these are really quite bad but I love the ones for Feraligatr, Steelix, Slaking, Crawdaunt, Spiritomb, & (surprisingly) Lickilicky. Klingklang is (intentionally?) as lazy as its design, Whirlipede is plain wrong & Huntail made me laugh out loud
>>
>>33282270
>putting a clovermon
shame
>>
>>33282270
>that fucking qwilfish
Kek
>>
>>33282270
I'd say redo most of the gen 3 ones, they all look bad.
>>
>>33282270
For some reason I like that Whimsicott more than the original.

The Rotom forms looks pretty good.
>>
>>33282270
>that Chimchar
w h a t
i n
t h e
f u c k
>>
Did the GSC sprite devamp project ever get finished?
>>
File: 009-g.png (1KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
009-g.png
1KB, 60x60px
>>33282270
The biggest issue I have with these "green" sprites is that a lot of the Green sprites were legit better than the RB sprites. And some of those in that image are actually the RB sprites Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Ratatta, Pikachu, Nidorino, Golbat (see spoiler), Parasect, Growlithe, Abra, Kadabra, Bellsprout, Tentacruel, Slowpoke, Slowbro (See spoiler), Magneton (they're all actually facing the right way, holy shit), Dodrio, Grimer, Muk, Shellder, Cloyster (It's not fucking sideways, so it looks like a VAGINA, just like it's supposed to), Haunter, Onix, Mr. Mime, Kynx, Pinsir, Tauros (see spoiler), Omastar, Kabuto, all three of the legendary birbs, Dratini, and Mewtwo are better than the RB sprites. And that's just covering the ones I think are legitimately better, there are also Pokemon like Blastoise, where the Green sprite is obviously supposed to be the "default" sprite you should know, but we only got the RB sprite so it always looked goofy, like how Magneton has one of its heads backwards, and Koffing's skull and crossbones aren't positioned right.

And none of them were legimately horrid, like most of the "green" sprites for the later games are. Just look at that fucking Totodile line, holy shit what the fuck happened there?
>>
>>33282270
poliwag, poliwhirl, poliwrath look like they've been rotated and rotated back again
>>
>>33284677
>holy shit what the fuck happened there?
The frontman of the project wanted the sprites to look "derpy" so a lot of people uploaded garbage sprites and they'd just get added to the list even though someone might've made something better.
>>
>>33282270
See, a lot of these sprites didn't really capture the "feel" of the Green sprites. There were some good attempts, but a lot of them fall short of even the "bad" Green sprites.
Just look at this sheet's Infernape, Salamence, Tirtouga, Smeargle, Octillery, and Spoink. Those look good; they capture the Pokemon, give them a pose, and exaggerate some features, and have that "feel". Then there's Huntail, Medicham, Carnivine, and Whirlipede...like, who looked at this and said "yes"?
>>
>>33284981
I love how Froslass just looks drunk.
She doesn't have time for a Pokemon battle.
>>
>>33284981
>>33284677
>>33284320
There was some guy who went out and redid some of these using predone ones on DA and doing some on his own, but he used it on his randomizer for Pokemon Red.
>>
It's not because it's Green style, that's 96% of them need to be so ugly... Almost looks like a 5 years old kid's drawing revisited in sprites.
>>
>>33282270
What the fuck is that thing next to mime jr and chatot
>>
>>33291834
Happiny
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.