[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Trigger Bulbapedia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: 1502587214290.jpg (61KB, 887x104px) Image search: [Google]
1502587214290.jpg
61KB, 887x104px
ITT: Trigger Bulbapedia
>>
But it clearly died
>>
Is Bulbapedia the Chaotic Good of Pokemon """""news""""" sites?
>>
>>33277129
It was not EXPLICITLY stated.
>>
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=Clemont%27s_Chespin&type=revision&diff=2189085&oldid=2188364

-In XY045 Chespin falls in love on Female Meowstic, but she chose a Male Meowstic instead of Chespin
-Last time I checked this didn't confirm a gender. That's why Ash's Charizard is still "Unknown
>>
File: 1497724197866.png (156KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
1497724197866.png
156KB, 480x371px
>>
>>33277152
This is worse:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Serena's_Pancham#About_it.27s_Gender
>>
>Silvally (Japanese: シルヴァディ Silvady) is a Normal-type Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation VII.
>>
>>33277180
Kill me but I understand where they are coming form. Sunglasses are unisex while bows are not (Charla). Here they only say that in-game events don't confirm anime genders. They reverted Chespin because of the possibility of it being a lesbian.
>>
File: 1500243973393.jpg (15KB, 250x212px) Image search: [Google]
1500243973393.jpg
15KB, 250x212px
>>33277216
>I understand where they are coming form.
>They reverted Chespin because of the possibility of it being a lesbian.
>>
>>33277228
I meant that I understood the Pancham debate. I just re-read it, sorry, it wasn't clear.
>>
>>33277216
>the possibility of it being a lesbian
No such thing.
>>
>>33277121
Age is more than just a number.
>>
>>33277121
>>33277129
>the faller said to be "done in" by guzzlord according to nanu is listed by bulbapedo to be dead
>lysandre is shown being put into highly non-survivable situations in the games, anime and manga; and isn't dead by their standards because it wasn't explicitly stated
>stoutland is said to be neither sick nor injured by nurse joy and every death analogy under the sun is used to illustrate its situation, and isn't dead by their standards because it wasn't explicitly stated
LOGIC

>>33277195
If you take into account all of the Pokemon with green dex backgrounds in SM, the very ones listed as sublegendaries (facility-legal legendaries) in the coding and pair them up with the mythicals, Necrozma and Cosmog family, Gen VII has 20 legendaries and the most of any generation.

24% of Gen VII is legendary. Remember when Gen IV had it bad?
>>
>>33277386
Gen V was worse than Gen IV
>>
>>33277195
What? It doesn't say that. Pick from the dozens of actual problems.
>>
>>33277398
Gen IV introduced less Pokemon, though. Not to mention that even if you ignore Phione Gen IV has the same number of legendaries as Gen V.
>>
>>33277398
Gen 4 actually had more, kek.
>>
>>33277386
Ultra beasts aren't legendaries idiot
>>
>>33277443
>t. bulbapedia
>>
>>33277324
kek
>>
File: Littleroot_Town_E.png (5KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Littleroot_Town_E.png
5KB, 320x320px
>>33277121
hey guys check out this picture of Littleroot Town
>>
File: Littleroot_Town_ORAS.png (862KB, 913x736px) Image search: [Google]
Littleroot_Town_ORAS.png
862KB, 913x736px
>>33277556
man this is SO much better
>>
>>33277562
>players house is on the left and birch's house is on the right
>choosing the male character
>>
>>33277121
>>33277152
>>33277180

So this is the power of Liam "I'm in heaven when she's seven" Pomfret.
>>
>>33277587
>not going on a date with May
Faggot
>>
File: Spr_1g_006.png (2KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_1g_006.png
2KB, 112x112px
>>33277556
>>33277562
DELETE THESE PICTURES THEY ARE UNSATISFACTORY REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33277401
>ITT: Trigger Bulbapedia

Of course it doesn't say that, that's precisely the point, because Bulbapedo needs everything spelled out for them.

>pokedex doesn't call gen vii sublegends legendary!
>official site doesn't call gen vii sublegends legendary!
>that means they're non-legendary until proven otherwise, even though we never used that logic for previous gens!
>gts filter doesn't count, my in-game source trumps your in-game source!
>tapus officially confirmed legendary
>okay, but that still doesn't mean the other gen vii sublegends are legendary because the official site still doesn't say so!

I mean I completely understand why people insist the UBs don't "feel" legendary (not Type: Null and Silvally though, they're no different from Mewtwo or Genesect), but "muh feels" is not a valid argument. If they weren't legendary they wouldn't be classified as such. And no, "why would Game Freak create a separate category for only a few Pokemon" isn't a valid argument when the concept of mythical Pokemon as a category has existed since gen 2 and was always considered separate from legendary Pokemon in Japan. Go ahead and count how many fucking mythicals there were in gen 2, I'll wait.
>>
File: Lol bulbapedia.png (146KB, 2296x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lol bulbapedia.png
146KB, 2296x1024px
>>33277121
>>
>>33277822
Oh I got you. I agree.
>>
>>33277121
There are only two genders.
>>
File: 1424654751175.jpg (55KB, 378x299px) Image search: [Google]
1424654751175.jpg
55KB, 378x299px
I know it’s petty, but it really irritates me how nobody ever goes to Bulbagarden for breaking pokémon news. It’s always Serebii or PokéJungle or PokéBeach, but never Bulbagarden, even though all of those other sites, in some way, try to mimic Bulbagarden or Bulbapedia’s style of delivering information. We break the exact same news at the exact same time from the exact same sources, yet even on our own Facebook page we get people telling other commenters to “go to Serebii for confirmation” when it takes us 0.02358734 seconds longer to post something because people are incapable of typing at twice the speed of light, and that’s not counting the time we actually take to confirm that what we’re saying is complete and accurate to the best of our knowledge and ability. No fan site has any authority to confirm anything, and no site is any more or less credible than any other. If Serebii or PJ or WPM couldn’t update their sites for some reason, the news would still break. Bulbagarden does have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, another Twitter account dedicated to breaking news, and even a Tumblr page, all of which you should totally be following, and at least has the advantage of having multiple moderators for all of its social media sites across many time zones, but no one ever seems to believe anything until Serebii posts about it, and that just makes me sad.
>>
File: Mizuki Mokuroh.jpg (147KB, 840x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Mizuki Mokuroh.jpg
147KB, 840x1190px
This is Mizuki, the protagonist of Pokemon Sun and Moon, and soon to be protagonist of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
>>
>>33278742
Yeah but Serebii has a really simple webpage design that hasn't changed over the years that makes me keep coming back.
>>
>>33278803
Sure it's simple, but not intuitive at all. I have trouble navigating Serebii, so I just default to Bulbapedia. It's much more user-friendly.
>>
>>33278815
bulbapedo has too much useless info clogging up pages
>>
>>33278820
Said useless info prevents the useful info from being added.
>>
>>33277139
>Chaotic Good
>Good
>>
>>33277216
>possibility of it being a lesbian
This is Japan we're talking about, not the degenerate USA.
>>
>>33278742
I don't even believe it when Serebii posts it, only when I see the original source.

There is a bunch of things wrong on the site that are easy to test and verify and he ignored me when I told him multiple times several years back via the webmaster e-mail.

Not to mention he likes to talk nonsense, saying things like Pokémon was always linear so S/M weren't any worse on that front and then straw manning my response to him proving him to be 100% wrong so he can seem right to the idiots who follow him blindly. See, he responded as if I'd said Gen 1 and 2 were better games just because of it when I hadn't mostly because I don't believe that to be true.

All of the past games simply have things that the current ones do not which makes the new ones worse than they could be, but they're not yet worse than the old ones. There may come a time when too many removed features will make that true but that's not the current state (though S/M are definitely worse than Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS, and B2/W2).

But I digress... As for Bulbapedia, it take forever to load, especially on mobile. Fuck that shit when there are a dozen other sites I can usually confirm I'm right on that load quick so I can destroy retards with the facts.

About the only thing Bulbapedia is good for is long quotes so I don't have to type them up from memory but given how shitty the site loads, it has to be pretty long before it takes less time for me to load the site than type it out so even then it's not very useful.
>>
>>33278845
tell that to pomf
>>
>>33278917
Do you have examples? Every time I've told him an error he's fixed it.
>>
>>33278742
Thanks, doc.
>>
File: really.jpg (295KB, 1246x484px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
295KB, 1246x484px
>>33277121
Check the page's revision history for more fun.
>>
>>33278815
>>33278820
I agree with both of these.

Serebii's is simple and reliable, but doesn't always flow well. That being said, despite the ugly color scheme, and setup, the information IS very clear and easy to follow when it comes to stuff that matters more (like pokemon stats, locations, etc..). Certain aspects are incomplete, like filtering for TCG info, and the site is unnecessarily long because of all the random spin off games cluttering the side, which could easily be relegated to its own page(s).

Bulbapedia, however, does the opposite. They split their information up neatly in their own side pages... for a lot of side stuff. The main pages are cluttered as fuck with unnecesarry information. Pokemon pages, for instance, have a useless "Biology" section which consists of just a simple physical description of the pokemon. They list a ton of side game bullshit like their sayings in Pokemon Dungeon or whatever. The info that IS relevant, like their sprites or type matchup chart is unnecessarily bulky, taking up WAY too much space. The pages and worthy info could literally be cut down to a sixth of what it actually is, and still contain all the relevant info. It's an eyesore.

Meanwhile, they dont even have a nice, image reference gallery for the pokemon, showcasing official art, reference images, potential beta designs, and models.

That being said, Bulbapedia has a lot of their other pages setup nicely. I like their Route and town maps a lot better. I find it very easy to navigate.
>>
Bump
>>
>>33277822
Bulbapedia took years before they accepted Ash's Hawlucha as male, even though they referred to it with Japanese male pronouns several times in its debut episode (which very, very rarely happens in the anime).
>>
>>33277121
>Its ok for /vp/ to promote misinformation about the games
>but not for other site to do so for the black sheep of the franchise
>>
>>33278742
probably because serebii has info laid out in a clear, concise manner, while bulbapedia has a 3-mile long page and I have to wear my scroll wheel out just to get to the evolutionary tree.

Serebii's like a bike. simple, functional, reliable.

bulbapedia's like a sheep. lots of bleating, too much fluff.
>>
>>33277121
wew
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.