[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The theme of kanto starters is timeline:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

>Venosaur
Permian-Triassic period, giant sipnasid-reptile like creature, after being revived the new environment modifies its preistoric body.

>Charizard
Dark age, western fire dragon, with the power of black magic gained two new forms.

>Blastoise
Future, cyborg turtle with Hydro cannons, Its aliens creators to update it with new improvements like a new main cannon and two auxiliary cannons.

Now the question is, what is the theme of Generation 2 and 3?
>>
>>33274990
What if pokemon are Animals that evolved to defend themselfs from aliens
>>
I'm pretty sure the theme is that they just wanted to make some cool looking monsters.

It's not overdesigned crap that shoehorns in unnecessary themes like the more recent ones.
>>
File: Ultra 1483155414771.png (135KB, 372x362px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra 1483155414771.png
135KB, 372x362px
>>33274990
Stop trying to find patterns where there are none
>>
>>33275020
>cool looking
Too bad they failed at that
>>
>>33275020
They did a bad job then, 2 out of 3 are really shitty.
>>
>>33274990
>Lizard
>Frog
>Turtle

All repitle creatures who are easy to come across in the wild and capture. Goes well with the down to earth style of gen 1 and how Pokémon was about collecting different creatures.
>>
>le themes and/or patterns
no

when will people realize that GF isn't as deep as people think they are
>>
>>33275285
Only gen 6 has the patterns iirc
>>
>>33275278
venusaur isn't a frog and they aint even reptiles
>>
>>33275303
exactly

there isn't really a "theme" with the starters most of the time; people just think some Pokemon are things that they aren't. Same goes for certain Pokemon concepts/designs.

Honestly, the only times when there IS a definite pattern is when GF makes it REALLY obvious. Other than that, there are none.

the fire type zodiac argument thing is still going on and will probably never end
>>
What I always thought

Kanto - Land, Sea, Sky

Johto - Ancient Creatures (Dinsoaur, Early mammal, Crocodile

Hoenn - Nature (Jungle, Mountains, Marshes)

Sinnoh - Myths (Worldtree, Poseidon, Son Wukong) *

Unova - Cultures(French, Chinese, Japanese) *

Kalos - Classic RPGS (Warrior,Mage,Thief) *

Alola - Brains,Beauty, Brawn

*These are actually confirmed by GF
>>
>Grass Starters Pattern is Prehistoric Creature
>Fire Starters Pattern is Chinese Zodiac
>Water Starters Pattern is Non-Fish Aquatic Creatures and Warriors + Weapons

Think about it: Blastoise is a Soldier - Bazooka, Feraligatr is a Barbarian - Brass Knuckles, Swampert is an Assassin - Fans, Empoleon is a King - Trident, Samurott is a Samurai - Katana, Greninja is a Ninja - Shuriken, Primarina is a Mermaid - Club
>>
>>33275020
I gotta agree that Gen 1 was techinically themeless.

Sure, they're all reptiles in some form, but lizards, toad/frogs, and turtles are just common things kids will catch and make into pets in rural Japan, which is what Satoshi Tajiri was basing pokemon off of: his childhood passtimes.

As far as themes go, I think Gen 7 could really be called the only one with a strong theme, and to be honest I actually kind of like Kalos' starters for that blend of theme, element, and animal.
>>
Waifu Cool Bara
>>
>>33275341
>Alola - Brains,Beauty, Brawn
So I don't have to worry about my favorite gen 8+ starter evolving into a furry?
>>
>>33274990
I think Charizard is an archosaurus.

They're all permian critters this way
>>
>>33275372
>"m-muh charizard isnt bara!!"
>probably has more bara fanart out of the 3
>>
>>33275345
The most retarded theory ever.
>>
>>33275425
Hey but that's just a theory..... a game theory
*winks*
>>
>>33275401
LOOOOL XDXDXD
>>
All gens:Grass, Fire, Water
>>
>>33275020
This
>>
>>33275345
makes sense to me
Grass starters are absolutely inspired by prehistoric or extinct animals, because every single one fits the bill
Fire Starters have had a bit of a chinese zodiac pattern, but are cyndaquil and fennekin supposed to be Rat and Dog? Because otherwise it holds up well
But I aint sure about the water-types, although they seem to exude this military style to them
>>
>>33275020
>overdesigned
If only, gen 6 and 7 are crap because their designs are basic as fuck. Look at mimikyu, it looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. And rowlet and togedemaru? LITERAL CIRCLES.
>>
>>33275694
None of those pokemon are bad because their designs are simple, though
>>
>>33275345
Grass and fire are pretty much confirmed by now. The warriors theory seems like a stretch though. Up to gen 4 I thought the water starters could be kaijus:
blastoise is gamera
feraligatr is godzilla
swampert is ???
empoleon is gigan
But I didn't know enough about kaijus to even try to find a match for the other water starters.
>>
>>33275025
>>33275030
Fucking contrarian jackasses. They might not hold up now in comparison to some of your favorites but back in gen I they were cool as fuck. Sorry you got tired of Charizard because it's so fucking popular but that doesn't mean it isn't aesthetically great.
>>
>>33274990
The theme is genetic mutation.

Venusaur - Reptilian creature with plant on back

Charizard - Mutated to develop wings

Blastoise - Mutated to develop hydro cannons

Btw the other starter themes are these:

Gen 2 - Tradition. All are pure typed. Meganium is defensive like Venusaur and evolves at same level. Typhlosion has same stats as Charizard throughout evolutionary line. Feraligatr is pure Water like Blastoise.

Gen 3 - Nature. All three starters are based on a different environment. Sceptile - jungle. Blaziken - Volcanoes. Swampert - Marshland.

Gen 4 - Mythology. Torterra - World Tortoise. Infernape - Son Goku. Empoleon - Poseidon.

Gen 5 - Culture. Serperior - France. Emboar - China. Samurott - Japan.

Gen 6 - RPG roles. Chesnaught - Paladin. Delphox - Elemental mage. Greninja - Ninja/thief/assassin.

Gen 7 - Professions. Decidueye - Archer/sniper. Incineroar - Heel wrestler. Primarina - Opera singer.
>>
>>33275785
Dude Charizard is the only good one

The other two are shit. Don't assume things
>>
>>33275814
Blastoise and Venusaur are top tier you fucking mongoloid
>>
File: 1501796738228.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1501796738228.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>33275439
fag
>>
Alola could also be characters in a story/fairy tale
Hero - Decidueye
Villain - Incineroar
Princess - Primarina
>>
>>33275341
>Hoenn - Nature (Jungle, Mountains, Marshes)

anon, chicken originally are tropical rain forest creatures in wild. Also jotho is a terrible idea.
>>
>>33275020
loosen up a bit, Anon
you don't ALWAYS have to post like you got lobotomized by /vp/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.