[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make them more relevant to the story in USUM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_3703.png (178KB, 370x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3703.png
178KB, 370x270px
How would you make them more relevant to the story in USUM?
>>
>>33269021
Make them actually cause damage to region, before you can catch them. Or make the Tapu like go toe-to-toe with them.
>>
Remove them
>>
>>33269021
>How would you make them more relevant to the story in USUM?
I wouldn't. The story is already way too bloated.Cramming more pokémon into it would only make things worse.
I would however give them proper dungeons and overworld models. The way you run into them in SM is incredibly lackluster.
>>
>>33269021
If they actually fuck things up and had Overworld models
>>
>>33269021
Make them story bosses like the Totem Pokémon.
>>
>>33269038
Came here to say this. Show them in the over-world causing damage to major locations.

You enter an evacuated Hau'oli City and confront Buzzwole wrecking cars on the main street.
>>
Make them roaming legendaries, show some destruction, maybe have a you backtrack and go battle them at whatever island during the main game

Imagine following Buzzwole through a path of damaged and drained Pokemon

Imagine following Guzzlord through a path of eaten holes
>>
File: DFFCeAPXsAAjauT.jpg (246KB, 1100x830px) Image search: [Google]
DFFCeAPXsAAjauT.jpg
246KB, 1100x830px
>>33269067

Like this?
>>
After the Lusamine battle, Wicke expresss her worries that you won't stand a chance against these Ultra Beasts, so, she gives you Type:Null and sends you off to fight the beasts.
>>
>>33269068
>Imagine following Guzzlord through a path of eaten holes

It's the rattata/yungoos 'mini-game' from the first trial but bigger
>>
>>33269082
Source?
>>
File: UB.gif (2MB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
UB.gif
2MB, 500x368px
>>33269041
/thread
>>
>>33269082
>height: 12'06"

Fuck I always pictured him as 4 feet
>>
>>33269068
Kartana and Celesteela seem especially vicious in this regard, so this might be a good idea of executed properly
>>
>>33269087
>fixes the Type:Null absence from the Main story
>Gives Wicke more purpose

I like.
>>
>>33269068
Too violent for a kids game.

Best you can hope for is to bump into them having a picnic in Malie Garden
>>
File: Null.png (99KB, 360x236px) Image search: [Google]
Null.png
99KB, 360x236px
>>33269087

Or you could just it from Lusamine son.
>>
>>33269120
You go into the garden and see 4 Kartana attacking various Pokemon.

You go into the desert and see two Celesteela blasting holes into mountains

Some Nihilego possess some trainers
>>
>>33269130

Pokémon is rated E for everyone.
It's for all ages.
>>
File: 1500450849171.jpg (242KB, 1100x830px) Image search: [Google]
1500450849171.jpg
242KB, 1100x830px
>>33269137

Or UB-02 beauty in a desert.
>>
>>33269093

Official Pokémon Japanese website.
>>
>>33269162
Can you post more photos?
>>
>>33269041
>>33269099
>tfw Ultra Beasts, Z-Moves & Megas get phased out next gen and are never referenced again.

My dick can only get so hard
>>
>>33269184
I like some Mega's, but they'd be a worthy sacrifice if it meant getting rid of UB's and Z-Moves.
>>
File: 1500450786282.jpg (249KB, 1100x830px) Image search: [Google]
1500450786282.jpg
249KB, 1100x830px
>>33269170
>>
Treat them like giant monsters out of a kaijuu movie with them fucking shit up in various places and having to stop them in crazy gimmick fights where their stats are even more whack—with the excuse that their power is limited by Poke Balls like Legendary Pokemon's are—and with special mechanics based on the scenario and their powers.

Ultimately you would have to stop whoever or whatever's making them show up during the climax of the plot.
>>
File: UB-01.jpg (62KB, 458x546px) Image search: [Google]
UB-01.jpg
62KB, 458x546px
>>33269207

Naw. Ultra Beasts are extradimensional Pokémon.

Game freak will never remove any Pokémon.
>>
File: 1498850846973.png (826KB, 1466x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1498850846973.png
826KB, 1466x1110px
Repostin my ideas from older threads:

I really hope they go all in on the "alien invasion/infection" aspect of the Ultra Beast plot, Back in the pre release it looked like there was going was going to be full Evangelion Angel alien invasion thing going on and we only got a taste of what they could do with it in Sun and Moon

I loved that plotline of Nihilego infecting the Aether Foundation and brainwashing all the grunts, maybe this time, it can spread even farther and they can go nuts with the design of the infected people and pokemon

Have all the Ultra Beasts come out at once all over the region, show the effects of what they're doing and make it feel like a really high stakes crisis, maybe with multiples of each of them, and show as many characters as possible trying to deal with them (Kukui, Looker, Anabel, Trial Captians, etc.)

Involve Zygarde somehow as the one trying to stop the disaster, and maybe we need to find Necrozma and combine him with the cover legend to put an end to the disaster, and let our player fight droves of the UBs and infected trainers and their pokemon on their way to do it

Give us some huge lore drops too, UBs are the most creative thing GF have done in a while, and there's so much potential now that they're gonna be front and center
>>
>>33269137
>Nihilego possesses Hau
>Brings out all the repressed hate against you
>>
>>33269021
>poison type trial
>takes place in a cave absolutely swarming with Zubat/Golbat
>can't even take a step without getting attacked
>finally make it to the totem Pokémon-its a giant Golbat
>the player is shaking with rage at this point
>UB appears and BTFO the totem golbat, then it turns towards you
>You could even have the captain appear and say "I see, so that's why the Pokémon here were so agitated"
Essentially this is what would clue you in to the aether foundation, rather than just being led there
>>
File: Necrozma_Pokédex_entry_(2).jpg (79KB, 548x705px) Image search: [Google]
Necrozma_Pokédex_entry_(2).jpg
79KB, 548x705px
>>33269268
It's and Necrozma gender is unknown.
>>
>>33269021
have you take control of a tapu and face them with maxed out stats on each island.
after the battle,both are marked as seen in your pokedex and it'll be up to you to catch them post game.
>>
>>33269227
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
After Lusamine opens the portal to Ultra Space, you have to stop home and rescue your mom from an Ultra Beast.

In the post-game, you get cutscenes to show the destruction the monsters create. The damage they do is permanent, but you can simply go to the other dimension and see an unhurt Alola.
>>
>>33269021
Literally these
>>33269038
>>33269058
>>33269067
>>33269068
SM loves cutscenes, so it wouldn't kill them to have a single long cutscene showing a bit of the destruction caused by the ultra beasts after lusamine opens the portals with nebby's power. Just build overworld models for them, have them move around like weirdos, show guzzlord near a path of house models with a hole on them, put an explosion FX here and there, and done, you've shown how dangerous they are to the region. Even devil may cry 4 managed to do this right and it only took a few mephistos flying around and fucking with the NPCs.
>>
>>33269479
How permenant?
>>
>>33269268
The potential of Ultra Beasts is one of the reasons I'm hype for USUM. I ended up loving the concept after being a bit skeptical initially, and while I think they did a fine job with them, I hope they're even more plot-relevant this time around and that the game spends more time on each of the UBs so that they feel more fleshed out.

Basically, if the stakes are raised a little higher and there's a greater sense of urgency and crisis, the Ultra Beast storyline could be a damn near perfect one, and it would certainly make for a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
>>
>>33270513
Yeah, what I really want is for it to feel like their coming is a huge deal
The hoenn games did it perfectly, you have the rain and/or sun covering half the region while ominous music plays the whole time, half the npcs comment on what goes on, and the other half lock their doors and hide in their homes until its done,
Imagine a scaled up version of that, with the Ultra Beasts directly wrecking house
>>
>>33269021
>lusamine and/or other villain release UBs all across the region
>cutscenes of them wrecking shit
>zygarde shows to fight guzzlord and jobs
>fight nihilego/lusamine fusion as a boss
>each UB is capture in post game in their own unique ultra space

But I bet none of this will happen
>>
>>33269717
Like the houses in Geosenge Town.
>>
File: 1498456435560.jpg (90KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
1498456435560.jpg
90KB, 800x476px
I made this theory for some deepestlore threads, so I'll just repost it here

(1/2)

This is the Ouroboros
It's an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.
It has a lot of meanings in cultures around the world, and I think several legendaries, especially Zygarde, took some inspiration from it's concept and symbolism

It represents the infinite cycle of nature's endless creation and destruction, life and death (Xerneas and Yveltal)

The famous early alchemical text "The Chrysopoeia of Cleopatra" depicts it black and white halves represent the Gnostic duality of existence
(Reshiram and Zekrom)

In India, Ouroboros symbolism has been used to describe Kundalini energy, a form of Primal Energy located inside one's own body.
Different spiritual traditions teach methods of "awakening" kundalini for the purpose of reaching spiritual enlightenment and a range of supernormal powers.
(Mega Evolution/Infinity Energy)

Now it's relation to Norse Mythology is where it gets intresting
>>
File: Battle-of-the-Doomed-Gods.jpg (411KB, 974x570px) Image search: [Google]
Battle-of-the-Doomed-Gods.jpg
411KB, 974x570px
>>33270789
(2/2)
In Norse mythology, the ouroboros appears as the serpent Jörmungandr
(Whom 50% Zygarde was based on)

Jormungandr and the wolf Fenrir (The one behind 10% Zygarde) are basically part of a recurring theme in Norse Mythology, where a bound and captured creature, usually an enemy of the gods is bound but destined to break free at Ragnarok

Now my wild theory, The Ultra Beast Invasion with Necrozma in Ultra Sun and Moon is gonna be the Pokemon Equivalent to Ragnarok,

Not in a Lockstin "Reset the entire world" way but more like in a "Massive epic battle that involves everybody and everything" kind of way, and I think the Ultra Beasts are gonna be the cause

We have tons of hints in Sun and Moon that there was the Ultra Beasts are going to be a huge threat
>The description of Kommo'o saying they were training to defeat a coming darkness,
>The apperance of an Ash-Greninja, said to come only during times of great calamity
(This one's debatability canon I'll admit but I'm adding it for completions sake)
>Type:Null being created specifically to counter them, designed to invoke Arceus, the most powerful pokemon of all
>Looker and Nanu detailing how the UBs were responsible for bringing massive destruction to an alternate world
And lots more that i cant remember atm

I think this time, with more emphasis on Necrozma and the role of the Ultra Beasts in the story, we're going to see this aspect of the plot really go down, and I think like in Ragnarok, the bound and scattered Zygarde is going to break free to fulfill his role, restoring the order to the world that the Ultra Beasts disrupted

USUM also comes out exactly 2 weeks after Thor Ragnarok
>>
>>33269021
Have them try to take out Deoxys and his several forms. .
>>
>>33270854
7?
>>
I'd add a battle on each island where you stop an Ultra Beast from wrecking shit. When the battle begins, the island's Tapu pops up and sets a terrain for you.
>>
>>33269130
No it's not.

And I don't mean in my opinion. I mean by the actual rating systems for at least the ESRB and PEGI.
>>
File: omnipotent.png (30KB, 430x293px) Image search: [Google]
omnipotent.png
30KB, 430x293px
>>33270818

Arceus isn't omnipotent.
>>
File: Machoke_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (112KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
Machoke_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
112KB, 480x362px
>>33270818

Arceus isn't omnipotent but Machoke is omnipotent.

In terms of power.
>>
>>33270904
He doesnt have to be,
All that matters is that the Aether Foundation thought he was strong enough to deal with the UB's so they decided to make their own
>>
File: Jirachi_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (102KB, 477x366px) Image search: [Google]
Jirachi_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
102KB, 477x366px
>>33270924
>he?

Arceus gender is unknown and Jirachi is omnipotent.

In term being able do anything when comes to wishes.
>>
>>33270924

No. They use cells of all Pokémon types.

Type:Null is not a knock-off Arceus.
That's just a silly fan made theory.
>>
>>33270946
They mentioned that they built it using parts from Canalave Library (One of the places people researched Arceus), Silvally's got an ability that's practically the same, it's called the "RKS" ability, they both look somewhat similar, Null has the same ring like thing on his head that Arceus has on his back

Sure its not explicit stated but it's a pretty good guess they built him with Arceus in mind
>>
>>33269021
Ultra Space is actually the original non-Mega universe after the meteorite hit it. USUMverse Lusamine doesn't just want to go to Ultra Space to live with the Ultra Beasts but break down dimensional walls to make Uktra Space exist physically in Alola so Ultra Beasts can come and go as the please and the Ultra energies will cause all the Pokémon in Alola to mutate into Ultra Beasts. My dad is John Gamefreak you can trust this information.
>>
>>33270980
Anyway, the Beast Killer Project (BKP) entries are below:

Entry 2

Anti-UB Fighting life-form, B (Beast) K (killer) The president has approved the proposed budget for this development project, so it will be implemented.

Entry 5

Materials for development have been collected from the Canalave Library in the Sinnoh region. Plans are being drawn up for the specifications of the Type change program, known as the RKS System. Work is underway on designing the specifications of special memories for said system.

Entry 7

Collection of cells of all Types for genetic modeling has been completed. Blueprints for the skeletal structure have been approved, and incubation of the bio-frame is underway.

Entry 11

Dummy test of the RKS System program has been completed. Type has been successfully altered with all 18 special memories. The transplantation of the RKS System program to the models is underway. The BK’s official name has been set as Type: Full.

Entry 18

Production of three models has been completed. They are identified as serial number 01, serial number 02, and serial number 03. All three models rejected the RKS System upon initialization during testing. Shortly after these initialization errors, all three models of Type: Full went berserk.

Entry 44

Models have been fitted with control masks to mitigate the effects of their rejection of the RKS System. Due to the implementation of these control masks, our RKS System initialization tests have failed. All three models of Type: Full are to be cryogenically frozen for the rest of eternity. The name of these models has been changed from Type: Full to Type: N
>>
>>33270715
Man, I remember playing Ruby as a kid, and the scorching sun was legitimately terrifying. It wasn't even the visuals so much as the atmosphere, which was underlined perfectly by that creepy music. It was like everything had come to a halt and now there was just this sense of danger. I loved that.

These games could really take that up to eleven by throwing some striking visuals into the mix. Someone else mentioned following Guzzlord or Buzzwole as they go on a rampage, and I'm just picturing walking down a completely abandoned, demolished street or path and cutscenes with characters struggling to stop one of the beasts, etc.

I know we're not getting a full-on cinematic experience, but just amping it up a little would go a long way, which is why the UBs being front and center can only be a good thing.
>>
File: ub_guzzlord-1024x773.jpg (225KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
ub_guzzlord-1024x773.jpg
225KB, 1024x773px
>>33271131
I agree, the UB story line is the perfect opportunity to bring that feeling back,
With all these images Daisuke Club released, along with everything they implied was going on during the Sun/Moon story itself, I think we're off to a good start

Heck, the UB encounter music is perfect for that as it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9wRIp5R4vA

I can just imagine Wormholes opening everywhere, Guzzlord eating mountains, Buzzwoles kicking cars into the sea, dozens of Kartana flying around, Celesteela setting stuff on fire, etc. all to this theme as the Alolans look on in horror
>>
>>33269061
This
>>
>>33271231
And then...Alolan Marowak appears.
>>
>>33269021
Make them interrupt trials instead of Team Skull
Have it so they create a field that disrupts Pokeballs from working rather than handwave it as Aether's doing (or do have it as Aether's doing via a held item that can't be acquired) until you finish the story.
>>
>>33272327
...why him specifically
>>
>>33272327
a single Alolan Marowak can't defeat them.
>>
>>33272450
Play competitively and you'll understand.
>>
I wanna see other trainers help out in your battle against the UBS. Imagine teaming with Cynthia against a Nihilego possessed trainer.
>>
>>33272450
Fire beats Celesteela, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, and Kartana.
Slapping EQ on it kills Nihilego and Xurkitree.
Guzzlord is iffy.
Fire and Ghost resist most of their typings, and the Lightningrod ability renders Xurkitree nearly useless. Thick Club just makes attacks hit that much harder.
>>
>>33272575
I should also mention that who the actual fuck uses Guzzlord in OU, by far the most popular tier of competitive. So it's relatively safe from Guzzlord.
>>
>>33271131
We'll get it in the anime, hopefully.
>>
>>33272627
Along with 16 goofy reactions

Honestly, I kinda wanna see Meowth possessed by a Nihilego
>>
>>33270904
Omnipotent ≠ Supreme Being/Deity
>>
>>33272627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siRp4uqWMpQ
>>
>>33272664
Omnipotent = infinite power or able to do anything.
>>
>>33272675
Is...is THAT YA BOI?
>>
>>33272664
omnipotent = being everywhere, every time and knowing all.
>>
>>33272689
Omnipotent ≠ everywhere.

Omnipresent = everywhere.
>>
Just have the player respond to each crisis and encounter the UBs shortly after Lusamine unleashes them. The game pretty much sets this up to happen but muh post-game. Which is stupid, since you already have the guardians for that.
>>
>>33272698
guardians deities are not Omnipotent.
>>
>>33272698
guardians deities are not Omnipotent But
Machoke is omnipotent.

In terms of power.
>>
>>33272683
>>33272686
>>33272689
Omnipotence does not exist, not even the gods who are described in religions are omnipotent, but still remain divine beings.
>>
This thread
>50% great ideas
>50% omnipotence arguments
>>
>>33272702
they are being worshiped like deities, they aren't actual deities.
>>
>>33272711
That is a massive hyperbole.
>>
>>33272724
They are unique and immortal beings with special powers, but they are simply minor deities.
>>
I'd have Plumeria team up with you to stop a Guzzlord from destroying Po Town.
>>
>>33272327
Then the winged hussars arrived!
>>
Gladion and Lillie both obtain Type:Nulls to fight off the UBS

You also get one, but similar to how you got your starter, it has to choose youas well
>>
>>33269038
Have even one cutscene showing Anabel doing all that "evacuation" they wouldn't shut up about.
>>
You fight alongside the Kahuna against a bunch of these things like totems

They all have +2 stat boosts and keep calling in smaller beasts

They actually destroy landscape and there are rescue missions on the side.

Even Team Skull helps you at one point, Plumeria gets captured at some point
>>
>>33273420
I really want Team Skull to join the light side when stuff really goes down, They kinda did when your character gets to Poni Island after Ya Boi gets sucked into the wormhole

Maybe this time, when the UBs start attacking everything, someone like Kukui is evacuating everyone but is spread too thin, until a few grunts pop up and offer to lend a hand
>>
>>33272734
hyperbole doesn't in Pokémon.
>>
>>33273471
It would be nice to see some totems fighting too

Imagine fighting along side a totem
>>
>>33274128
That'd be cool, and it fits the description for Kommo-o

>Kommo-o's glittering scales are meant to drive away a great darkness. The reason it seeks strong opponents is also said to be a quest for power to defeat the darkness.

Maybe we get cutscenes of swarms of wild Pokemon defending their respective areas from UBs led by the Totems themselves
>>
other than Kartana using Cut by leveling up, all the UB's should have their own signature moves, and yes make them do chaos in the alola region visually.

and i hope they add new forms to the UB's to make them less humanoid and more eldritch-looking.
>>
>>33274605
Phermosa now has multiple arms and limbs
>>
>>33269021
Assuming trials will return, there could be a group of people that idolize the UBs and manage to have one of each, and this would happen after each trial. For example, the first trial would be followed by a group of Nihilego idolizers and they would happen to have one of them. The fight against the UB would only become available after beating the entire group.
>>
>>33269106
>height 12'06"

holy fucking shit
>>
>>33274994
height is not important here but Pokémon are.
>>
>>33269021
introduce a ministory about Guzzlord eating people and Pokemon.
>>
>>33275183
what
>>
>>33275193
You find shreds of clothing and a slowpoke missing a tail
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>33274967
I could totally see something like this, like some members of the Aether Foundation are secretly a Ultra Beast cult who command their respective beasts after the wormholes open

or

Nihilego infects several members of the Aether Foundation with it's mindcontrol toxins, turning them into a UB Cult before everything goes down, and they take over the foundation like in Sun/Moon
>>
>>33275238
Guzma gets controlled, and becomes even more destructive
>>
>>33275470
What would he control, though
>>
>>33269268
you're reading too much into it, Buzzwole is just a fly with gains
>>
>>33269479
>>33270762
>UBs completely destroy your world and kill your mom
>player uses box legend to go to the alternate world where lusamine isn't crazy
>either kill alternate self in that world or send them back to your own world (or come up with some e rated way to get rid of them)
>live out life in alternate world pretending you were always from it rick and morty style
is this cringe or fan game tier inb4 what's the difference
>>
>>33276125
Fangame.
>>
Better question; what if we went into Ultra Space more

And caught the Ultra versions of Pokémon from there
>>
Wires causes a power outage

Fatso starts swallowing buildings

Origami starts deforesting

Sky Giant starts lifting one island into the air

Gym Bug KO's guardians
>>
>>33269021
Honestly the only thing I cared about in SM was Looker and Anabel and Nanu so give me more of them and I dont' care how relevant it is or isn't.
>>
>>33276649
Slut Roach starts seducing male population and starts an escort service
>>
Nihilego attacking and infecting Pokemon with toxins during the first encounter. When you face it in the battle, it sends an SOS to whatever Pokemon it infected and it will fight against you
>>
>>33276056
Probably Xurkitree
>>
>>33272327
kek
>>
File: 1500844557220.jpg (56KB, 718x450px) Image search: [Google]
1500844557220.jpg
56KB, 718x450px
>>33272575
>a-marowak
>earthquake
>>
File: RpNE9Ai.jpg (94KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
RpNE9Ai.jpg
94KB, 400x240px
Remember the last pathetic time a pokemon game tried to have "destruction"?
>>
>>33270992
>there's three Type: Null
>only two of them show up in SM

I guess they're saving the third one as an excuse fo how there can be giveaways for it in future gens without breaking the established lore?
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.