[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which island was your favorite and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: alolamap.jpg (162KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
alolamap.jpg
162KB, 770x562px
which island was your favorite and why?
>>
>>33268148
Ula'Ula, because it was the biggest. Despite this, Ula'Ula still felt really small, and the other islands downright claustrophobic.
>>
>>33268148
They all look the same
>>
The first, because I was still hopeful of the game at that point, and it's small and compact which means they didn't need to shut off entire parts of the map, warp the player inexplicably, and generally waste the potential of nearly every square mile they had completely.
>>
>>33268148
None. Really I don't remember anything from the game. Except that Lusamine is a crazy and needy cougar
>>
File: 290px-Akala_Island (1).png (156KB, 290x256px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Akala_Island (1).png
156KB, 290x256px
Akala felt like the most "Tropical Paradise-y" so I liked it the most, plus it had so much to it,
A Volcano, a Seaside Route, A Jungle, A Beach Resort, A Battle Facility, etc.

If USUM expands on those areas and makes them full fledged, and fixes some of the camera angles, it could be one of my favorite spots in Pokeworld

Give us our full Jurassic Park and a bigger ocean route, it'll be perfect

It also helps that it really reminded me of Wuhu Island and a few spots on Isle Delfino, and Konikoni City looks like came straight out of a Ghibli Movie
>>
Akala because I like the little cliff spot behind the motel on Route 8.

Melemele is probably the actual best because it's very interconnected and got the most little nooks and crannies, issue is just you almost literally get your hand held through the whole thing. Akala is several steps down, but it's still got some interconnectivity and nooks, plus bigger and it's the island that feels the least like your hand is being held through it by the characters and story. Ula'ula is the pits and feels the most like the team's only experience with the state was a brief tour bus ride on each island so the region is literally just the path their tour bus took, I guess it's the biggest though. Poni is an empty mess.
>>
File: 300px-Hokulani_Observatory_SM.png (86KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Hokulani_Observatory_SM.png
86KB, 300x180px
>>33268511
I thought Ula Ula was ok but that part with the bus tour reminded me of something I hope they fix

It's the part where we go up the road to go up Mt. Hokulani,
In the originals we had to had to take a bus from the bottom to top, and it's cut off by aonther bus stop at the halfway point when we walk down, so I hope they give us the option to have a trek up the top ourselves, maybe that could be part of the trial itself

It was almost one of my favorite areas in the game, and that would push it up to be even better
>>
Melemele was dense in spite of its size, and even after leaving for Akala new areas kept opening up as you made more and more progress through the game which is why it's my favourite.
>>
>>33268148
Akala because it's the only time the story felt like it was going at a decent pace. Ulala was slow as molasses. Melemele was highly inconsistent and just got progressively worse. And Poni was just suddenly rushing at breakneck speed to reach the ending.
>>
Really none of them but if i had to make a choice, i'd say Akala, because its routes are the ones connected better in the game.
>>
>>33268148
Not Melemele that's for sure. The island is incredibly boring and the only "interesting" thing going on are the cutscenes every five steps. No noteworthy locations at all.
>>
File: 73.jpg (20KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
20KB, 400x240px
>>33268148
Ula-Ula
>>
I liked all of them for different reasons, but my favorite would have to be Akala. It has some of the best scenery, with Brooklet Hill being one of my all-time favorite Pokémon locations. It's also where the sense of adventure really starts to kick in, what with the trials and all.

Ula'Ula is probably a close second, but I wish they had done more with some of the locations there. Blush Mountain and Haina Desert are completely skippable as far as the plot is concerned, and what could have been a neat trek up Mount Hokulani was cut short by the bus ride.

Poni, on the other hand, is as inconsequential as it is gorgeous. I get that it's not exactly supposed to be busy, but areas other than the canyon and the altar felt like an afterthought.
>>
>>33270244
Agreed on pretty much all points

I have no doubt one of the main reasons we're getting USUM in the first place is for GF to fill the region out and give it the scale it deserves without any time constraints,
I think the areas will all tie into each other better
>>
Akala was the most comfy.
>>
Speaking of the islands, I really want them to include more water areas

What they could do is open the area between Melemele to Akala, which on the map itself (ignoring scale) is about the length of Hau'oli City to your house, and the other ones are less than that from their closest points, if not they can just majorly expand on the areas we have now

They can avoid the ign7.8/10toomuchwater by adding variety to the encounters, bringing back diving with a ride pokemon, throwing in some undersea coves and a marine tube, maybe give us another surfing minigame like Yellow with Raichu,
What we have feels like really little for the land that literally invented surfing, but they really dont need much to make it perfect, just throw some meat on those island bones
>>
>>33268162
This game should have been DLC for the Switch edition rather than a full game.

Islands are way too small to constitute a main game region, but an island challenge would be decent postgame content.
>>
>>33270554
That's a great way to put it, I really feel like a greater sense of cohesion is what the region needs to really shine the way it was intended to. While I'm sure there will be a fair amount of new/expanded areas, they can put more time into fleshing it out a bit.

>>33270642
Yeah, I really missed that in Sun and Moon's Alola. I get that a lot of people find water routes tedious, but like you said, there are ways to liven them up, especially with the modern mechanics.

They don't even have to go crazy, just a couple of major water routes between the islands and a few scattered areas, expanding some of the existing ones in the process (like Route 14 and Poni Island). Some of them can even be completely optional.
>>
>>33268148
i hate how small all the islands felt, but ula ula was my favourite to play, if anythng just for the po town section
>>
File: Komala.full.2008601.jpg (980KB, 1609x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Komala.full.2008601.jpg
980KB, 1609x1222px
UlaUla because:
> best aesthetics and locations
>Ya Boi Guzma
>best trial
>Malie
>Po Town
>Island where you find Komala
>>
>>33272095
All this overall shit taste.
>>
all of them are pretty shitty but Pony island's postgame locations are decent
>>
>>33268148
Aether Paradise.
>>
>>33270797

No DLC please.
>>
>>33272604
yeah fuck DLCs man
*pays 40 bucks to play the same game with a few addictions*
>>
>>33272604
>>33272779

Could be free. Or at least cheaper than buying a standalone game.
End of the day, you paid $40 anyway for an incomplete game.
>>
>>33268148
for a tropical region there was a stunning lack of jungles and beaches
>>
>>33268148
I have barely any memory of each island. They didn't stand out at all. The one with the tall mountains was okay I guess.
>>
>>33273203
fun fact: there was a beach in the games that was never used
i'm not talking about the private hano resort beach or the demo-exclusive ten carat hill coast
>>
>>33270851
i just wanted to board a ship while surfing because on the map they revealed there was some kind of pirate ships

but i guess there is nothing like that
>>
>>33273370
That ship actually is there, it's docked on Konikoni City, It's a little hard to see in game because the camera angles particularity weird in that area
It's never actually used in the game itself so hopefully USUM raises some anchor
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.