[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: buff underused abilities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2273.jpg (64KB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2273.jpg
64KB, 640x333px
Gen V was nice to Sturdy. Let's give some love for some other abilities.
>Unnerve stops Leftovers recovery
>Keen Eye raises accuracy by a stage
>Run Away also affects switching out instead of just fleeing
>Shield Dust stops all methods of status infliction
>>
File: rising star.png (519KB, 649x386px) Image search: [Google]
rising star.png
519KB, 649x386px
>>33265700
weather and terrain abilities are now permanent
>>
>>33265700
I like it

>>33265847
I do not like it
>>
>>33265847
Please no. I still have weather war nightmares.
>>
>>33265700

Honey Gather is a permanent leftovers. Give it to Vespiquen
>>
>>33265853
While I seem to be one of the few people that liked weather wars in general, It seems like it would be neat for an OM at least.
>>
>>33265700
TurboBlaze/Teravolt now also boost Fire/Electric attacks by 30%

Tangling hair now works if either the user or the opponent makes contact

Slow start doesn't reset when switching out

Cursed Body activates whenever the user gets hit by a first attack. Won't work if the opponent already has a move disabled.

>I wonder if GF will actually fix any other abilities in gen 8.
>>
>>33265700
Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent/Swarm now activate when below 50% hp and stay active even after being lifted above that point.
>>
>>33265700
Run away should also work when the opposing mon has arena trap or shadow tag.
>>
Truant stops you from missing every other turn. Instead, it means that your Pokemon's speed is cut in half throughout the match, like a shittier Slow Start. Or the stat drop only applies every other turn.
>>
Heavy metal have the same effect but now reduces the damage from spacial attacks by 30%
>>
Poison Point now also boosts all physical poison attack damage by 10%
>>33265962
Good one
>>33266218
Bad one
>>
>>33265870
Weather wars was the last fun meta
>>
>>33265700
Hypercutter, big pecks and keen eye now boost the stat they protect from lowering by 30%.

Inner focus protects the user from flinching, but also from hitting itself in confusion (it won't prevent the user from technically becoming confused, however). Additionally, a pokemon with inner focus can use focus punch regardless of being hit while charging it.

Steadfast now allows the user to keep moving even if it is made to flinch, after raising its speed by 1. For example:
>gallade flinched!
>[gallade's steadfast]
>gallade's speed was raised!
>gallade kept going! gallade used [X]!

Limber prevents paralysis but also reduces damage taken from electric-type attacks by 30%, as well as making the user immune to binding caused by moves like wrap, fire spin, etc. My justification would be that limber pokemon are "rubber-like", thus being slightly resistant to electricity, and limber pokemon could easily escape from any physical constriction like wrap and such.

Shield dust now has a 30% chance of paralysing, poisoning or putting to sleep any attacker that makes contact (similar to effect spore) and makes the user immune to spore and powder moves (similar to overcoat), in top of granting immunity to the secondary effects of attacks.

Effect spore, static, poison point and flame body now have a 30% chance to cause their status conditions whenever either the user or an attacker use a contact move. Poison touch still only gives a 30% chance of poisoning when the user attacks making contact, but it now boosts the power of the user's poison type moves by 50% (seismitoad now has pseudoSTAB, gunk shot toxicfoak becomes better).
>>
>>33266488
(cont.)

Defeatist halves the user's atk under 50% HP, but it doubles SpA instead. Kinda gimmicky but nothing nearly as abysmal as the canon version.

Slow start is a 3 turn counter, not 5, and it doesn't reset upon switching out. After the 3 turns are over, in top of the user's Atk and speed going back to normal, none of the user's stats can be lowered (similar to clear body), but not even if the user attacks with a move like superpower. Burn and paralysis still halve their affected stat, however.

Forewarn and anticipation are now guaranteed to allow the user to evade the opponent's strongest/SE move the first turn said move is used in battle. This effect is restored whenever the user switches out and in again.

Frisk now prevents the items it detects from working for the first five turns it remains in battle (kinda like an auto embargo/magic room). It affects megastones and z-moves.

Mummy now works if either the user or an attacker make contact, replacing the attacker's ability and also causing a binding effect on the affected pokemon (they become trapped for 4 to 5 turns with their ability replaced by mummy).
>>
>>33265700
Weather-activated abilities persist even after the weather has ended. Such as Sand Rush, Swift Swim, Sand Force, etc. As long as the Pokemon was in the weather while it was out.

Would be a nice buff to some things like my boy Sandslash and Mega Steelix.
>>
>>33265862
considering gliscor exists this is fine as well.
>>
>>33266511
>Sand rush excadrill got in on the last turn of sandstorm
Scary. But would be super fun for sandslash and stoutland, not gonna lie.
>>
File: 1407507540379.png (89KB, 192x221px) Image search: [Google]
1407507540379.png
89KB, 192x221px
>>33266497
anticipation ferro looks broken af
>>
File: 1501707266233.gif (320KB, 481x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501707266233.gif
320KB, 481x300px
>>33266511
>buff to those shitmons
>>
Not abilities but move related:

Moves that change the type of a pokemon remain in effect even if the target switches out. Same with abilities. Same with volatile status conditions (curse, attract, confusion, but not encore, taunt, and other move-restricting moves), these are now permanent.

Probably needs a bit of thinking in case I missed something that would break the game.
>>
>>33265700
I didn't even realize that sturdy could only protect you from OHKO until you said they buffed It to have the current effect.
>>
>>33265700
>Illuminate now also lowers the opponent's accuracy(or special attack?) by one stage when the user is sent in, like Intimidate.

>Light Metal now raises the user's speed by 20% but lowers defense by 20%. Heavy Metal has the inverse effect.

>Toxic Boost now functions as Poison Heal in addition to boosting the user's attack by 50% when poisoned

>Aura Break now nullifies Terravolt and Turboblaze, as well as granting immunity to moves like Aura Sphere.
>>
>>33266555
I would still personally still use rocky helmet iron barbs over it for long-term utility, but I can see what you mean; it'd be a guaranteed stealth rock/leech seed in front of many mons that should otherwise kill it.

Maybe making it so that it only evades a SE move once per battle (kinda like disguise) would be more balanced. I was mainly thinking on toxicroak and whiscash when buffing it, so didn't put ferro's sheer bulk into account.
>>
>Inner Focus
Now prevents flinching and infatuation. Taunt, swagger and encore now fail when used on a Pokemon with Inner Focus.
>>
Stall makes the user attacks last but now increased the power of the user by 20%
>>
File: idea.png (234KB, 311x478px) Image search: [Google]
idea.png
234KB, 311x478px
Aftermath - - 30% if KO by any attack.

Anger Point - +1 Atk (Stamina)

Anticipation - Opponent nature

Battle/Shell Armor - Def/SpDef +1

Corrosion - Poison attacks on steel for 1/2.

Damp - Water Sport effect.

Defeatist - 1/2 Attack and Sp. Atk when HP = 1/3 or less.

Early Bird - Awakens at end of turn.

Emergency Exit - Exits at end of turn

Filter/Solid Rock - -super-effective damage by 1/2

Flower Gift - +1 to all stats of self and allies in sun.

Forecast - Starts random weather and matches form (Sand form too)

Forewarn - Full moveset of opponent.

Friend Guard - - dmg to allies by 50%.

Grass Pelt - +1 Def/SpDef grassy terrain

Healer - Shed Skin

Heatproof - Fire Immunity

Heavy Metal - x2 weight +1 def -1spd

Honey Gather - 100% honey after battle if no item. 1/2 chance sweet scent activates on opponent at end of turn.

Ice Body - 1/8 regen during hail

Illuminate - Frisk clone

Immunity - Immune to psn attacks

Infiltrator - No hazard damage

Inner Focus - No Flinching focus punch.

Iron Fist - Punching moves 50%.

Justified - Dark res

Light Metal - Lighter -1 Def +1 Speed

Limber - Electric res

Liquid Ooze - No dmg from draining moves

Magma Armor - +1 fire/rock/ground moves

Oblivious - No confusion

Overcoat - No status

Own Tempo - Stats can't be lowered

Pickup - Obtains consumed item from opponent.

Quick Feet - x2 speed with status

Rain Dish - 1/8 HP in rain

Rattled - Resist Dark/Ghost/Bug

Reckless - Recoil moves 30%

Rivalry - +1 Atk/Spa = same -1 Atk/Spa = Diff

Run Away - Untrapped

Shed Skin - 50% fix status

Shield Dust - 1/2 dmg moves with effect

Slow Start - 3 turns

Solar Power - Fire absorb hp

Soundproof - 30% sound move

Stall - First in Trick Room

Steadfast - Moves same turn flinch

Stench - 50% Opponent can't attack (Flinch) Reverse Truant

Sticky Hold - No knock off bonus

Water Compaction - 1/2 water dmg

Water Veil - +1 water moves
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.