[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>duh don't get your hopes up xD you know after that interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 1475943281208.jpg (343KB, 862x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475943281208.jpg
343KB, 862x1024px
>duh don't get your hopes up xD
you know after that interview i ended up hating on Masuda's way of thinking even more.
Jesus Christ get the head out of your asses, stop acting like a small indie dev that's "just trying to do our best with what we have lol" you're the owners of one of the biggest videogame franchises (or just franchises in general) ever what's this modesty all about.
They should go out and say "Yeah you know what, now that we're out of the small crappy handhelds we're gonna make the Switch our bitch and make the most huge and awesome pokemon game ever made"... and of course it's never going to live up to the hype but as long as you have that mindset it's still going to be 10 times better than your usual "thanks for beta testing for the first two games"

But of course this is just a 30yo virgin manchild's opinion...
>>
>multi-billion dollar company
>one of the largest franchises in the world, period
>the games are objectively lower quality than they can be purely out of inadequacy and laziness
They need to double the amount of workers the have, get new producers, and actually listen to feedback from fans. That's literally all it takes. And no, they shouldn't care about hiring more workers than they already have, they have less than 120 right now, and even if they had 500, they could afford doubling it. Pokémon might be one of the top media franchise in the WORLD. They can afford a little bit of expenditure to ensure the games are more playable...
>>
Laziness x Knowing whatever you make will be sold = Profit
>>
>>33265237
They've become defeatist. Just think about the OR/AS interview where they said they didn't include Battle Frontier because kids would be more focused on phone games. Just substitute BF for any good content and you've got their mindset. Instead of saying "let's make a game so good that people will put down their phones for it," they go for the bare minimum.
>>
They said they want only 120 employees at game freak and not at all of them work on Pokémon

They embarce being a small independent company
>>
>>33265350
Yes, it will be sold, but with each sale they're alienating more long-time fans. If Masuda's right about smartphone kids, then this franchise's fanbase gets increasingly older as kids don't get attached to finishing the game and buying newer instalments. How does he bridge the logical gap in this thinking? Milking the franchise until it dies off?
>>
>>33265595
You don't have that luxury when your fucking game sells 8m~15m worldwide everytime it gets released.

This is just pure and undisputed laziness.
>>
>>33265595
Which is why they shouldn't be the ones making Pokémon anymore. It worked for the first decade or so, but now the franchise has simply outgrown the development team. They quite literally cannot keep up.
>>
Why don't you guys make a pokemon competitor then
>>
Gamefreak has always been a shitty developer that only managed to stay afloat because they had one really, really good idea. Most of the other games they've made have been bargain bin filler. Even the original Pokemon games were unbalanced to the point where they'd be considered a joke if they weren't the first of their genre. (you could go through the early SMT games without catching a single monster if you wanted to badly enough. It wasn't a good idea, but it was possible)
>>
>>33265627
Do you understand how the pokemon ip gets broken up? Game Freak had never got that much money
>>
>>33265627
And? People still buying the games. Small production team means higher margins

They can 15 million copies whenever
>>
Vp is charge of understanding context, I suppose
I guess I'm used to the weird opinions of you guys by now, but it's funny how disrespectful and entitled you guys act towards game freak
>>
>>33265643
Nintendo has 0 control over the mainline pokemon games. Masuda said je basically told them to fuck off with the 3d in 3ds games
>>
>>33265237
Nah, I'd rather they underhype and then overdeliver rather than vice versa. Remember No Man's Sky? How awesome it was gonna be? Everyone talking? Then we got that shit and everyone simultaneously went 'nigga what' and Hello Games became a meme. They overhyped and the game never lived up to it. In the slightest.
>>
>>33265654
>expecting good games from 2nd largest game franchise in the world is entitlement
>>
>>33265646
Is not about the money that much, everytime you boot a Pokémon game the first thing that appears is GF's logo is their reputation, and if they can't keep up they can always turn to Nintendo for help since I highly doubt they would look to the other side when It comes to help their cash cow
>>
>>33265672
Of course not, and that's not what the quote is about, and you know it
>>
>>33265674
The only awards game freak cares about is famistu highest games award

I'm sure every other developer envy game freak position

Pokemon will outsell open world zelda every single time
>>
Ever since HGSS I feel like they've been phoning it in.

>>33265635
I would love for someone else to take the reins. Keep sugimori and other artists, but give the series to someone else with the GF heads as mere advisors.
>>
>>33265686
So is like i said pure and undisputed laziness
>>
Vp wears me out
>>
>>33265622
>alienating more long-time fans
Except "long-term fans" like us are still buying the games, so...you gonna cancel your pre-order?
>>
IN DIGIMON LAND
>We're adding all the fan favorite Digimons we couldn't in earlier games
>We're adding Digimon from the manga as well
>We're making it so you can have the TV soundtrack in game if you order in time
>We released 6 Digimon for free last game because of how WELL the games were received in the west
>We're trying to capture what made us love the franchise as kids

In Pokemon land
>Uuuuuuh have this shitty orange sonic recolor and uuuuuuhhhhh don't expect too much from us okay ?
>>
File: IMG_0494.jpg (51KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0494.jpg
51KB, 400x533px
>>33265672
All they were saying is not to expect Skyrim x BotW x Pokemon. It's gonna be a Pokemon game first. So expect a silly story with Team Evilbadguy trying to use LegendarymonX to do theor bidding amd blablabla defeat Gyms/Trails become champ, etc.

They're not saying "HAHA WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE A GOOD GAME SO EXPECT SHIT!"

But I guess it's lost on /vp/'s massive autism.
>>
>>33265642
There is already one, and they didn't even intended to be.
>>
>>33265829
The difference is one franchise is desperate and other is chilling on a cruise with no competition

Digimon will make all that changes and people still won't buy the games
>>
>being a defeatist
Gamefreak can do that, they know we all want it, they know the whole community wants it, they know it will sell millions, they know we are ok paying 49 bucka for a switch game if it is that game, they know they have the skills for it, but they won't do it.

Why? Because of they finally make that game, it will be the top of the franchise and so they would only have to either keep improving or just start dying for real, so they will make a mediocre game just to keep milking the franchise for 10 years, and we all will buy it, and nothing will change.
>>
>>33265879
>49

Try 60, we're going to pay full price for a "don't get your hopes up " game
>>
>>33265843
Thank you
>>
File: Screenshot_20170811-125007.png (647KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170811-125007.png
647KB, 1080x1920px
They talk about zelda open world and Pokemon

Starting at 3:22

https://youtu.be/HgTUuEG96K4
>>
>>33265940
>the reason sumo had so many cutscenes was to please old players
t-thanks i guess
>>
>>33265595
120 should be enough considering it's not like they're gonna change the core formula or anything
>>
>>33265843
>>33265654
No they weren't. It's up to interpretation, so neither you nor they are wrong.

But GF is lazy.
>>
>>33266569
They don't need to be wrong to be stupid
>>
>>33265646
Each Pokemon game makes hundreds of millions of dollars in sales. It doesn't matter how they're split up, they're still getting millions of dollars from the main games alone.
>>
>>33266592
And most of that money had a pre-determined home
I really doubt the dudes making the games are also handling the finances, of course
>>
>>33265237
If it have over 100 new Pokémon.
I'm perfectly oh ok with it.
>>
>>33265940
>They talk about zelda open world and Pokemon
They talk about how it won't happen.

I'm so glad masumori understand that pokemon don't belong in an open world setting.
>>
>>33266655
Did you count megas and alolan forms as new pokemon? Because I think dex's like gen 4, 6, and 7 work out best
>>
File: Mamori.png (1MB, 862x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mamori.png
1MB, 862x1024px
>>33265237
I remember this thread
>>
>>33266676
I feel like it isn't very hard to make it open world with HMs to guide exploration
>>
>>33265646
>release first games
>literally sell FUCKING 30 Million copies
>get a huge cultural impact
>literally open another fucking company who just work for licencation
>tpc makes 2 billion profit without releasing a game

No dude, they have more money than anyone else
>>
>>33265319
>actually listen to feedback from fans

Which feedback? Becaue they get a lot contradictory feedback.
>>
Man, I hate pokemon community, just for the fact that those guys work in Japan I can already tell that they work their asses harder that any of you, and by the way, are also more succesful than most of you.
>>
>>33268145
Even Masuda admitted they got lucky with Pokémon. They guy has (had) talent making cool videogame music and Ken Sugimori has (had?) a cool artstyle. That is all they truly have.
>more succesful than most of you.
By pure luck. I have a Master's degree in science and speak 5 languages, those guys are autistic property of 3 companies. I bet I could make this series great again if I was in charge.
>>
File: 1497982347824.jpg (13KB, 323x342px) Image search: [Google]
1497982347824.jpg
13KB, 323x342px
>tfw you know Game Freak will never unfuck themselves because Pokemon was just a fluke and they've been riding the coat tails of the original games this entire time adding and removing things as they go along and after years of doing that successfully they've reached a roadblock and have no idea what to do.
>>
>>33268075
Any feedback, they intentionally ignore all of it. There was an interview someone posted a week or two ago where Masuda said that he doesn't listen to or care about fans' judgement.
>>
>>33266569
>No they weren't. It's up to interpretation
No, no it is not
>>
>>33266933
That's just the games, too. That's not even accounting for how ball blastingly immense their merch sales must be (which for most works tend to be the real money makers).

They could literally afford to swim in the cash that they make. I'll reiterate what you're saying.. money is not the issue. Laziness/fear to change is.
>>
>>33268237
>I bet I could make this series great again if I was in charge.
No you couldn't. You're just an ugly autistic Amerilard and everything you do is objectively terrible, simply because you made it.
>>
>>33266694
It would work very well honestly. Shame it will never happen.

Any videogame developper wants to take a crack at making a Pokemon-like game that's actually good?
>>
>>33265642
Because I have no idea where to even start. I have ideas but I know ideas =/= a good game. I would need to figure out how to pitch the game without sperging, get programmers, get artists, get musicians, etc., also I would need to learn some programming myself so I'm not dead weight relegated to only helping the artists and writers

A good part of making a major game is luck, which Gamefreak has in spades
>>
>>33265892
If they go full price, two versions for Switch, I expect that to bite them in the ass. It doesn't matter how cruise control they can be, that's going to at least cause parents of kids to go, "Hahah no"
>>
I wouldn't listen to fan feedback either if I were him. Fanbases are whiny, toxic, contrarian, and autistic enough to drive you up a fucking wall. If I weren't as resilient as I am and a recovering autist myself, I'd be ready to just give up on the franchise and off myself by the time I finished taking in all the fans' shit.
>>
>>33268372
Source on this
>>
>>33268237
And yet you are shitposting here in 4chan.

I really hope you are laying... otherwise you have homework to do, now leave the computer right now young men!
>>
File: tumblr_n2nb6ioh291qb3z80o2_250.gif (977KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2nb6ioh291qb3z80o2_250.gif
977KB, 245x245px
>>33268237
I bet you are going to be the greatest Director GF ever had
>>
>>33268075
ALL feedback in general. If contradicting options appear - do both where possible because options are ALWAYS a good thing. No one on the face of this planet is going to tell you they want less options.

And by all I mean not just people in Japan which is the only ones they're listening to currently and they complain about nonsense about them being too hard, for example.

And this situations is perfectly where options would come in handy... Want it easy? Choose easy mode because difficulty options should be a thing you find. Not at the end of a game requiring linking either but at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>33268372
You say this but they do a lot of things in direct response to feedback, usually for the worse.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.